Bioware Co-Founder explains why the ME3 ending sucks, his answer...because DLC

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
9420 pageviews
61 comments

Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,113 | Props total: 23355 23355
Bioware Co-Founder explains why the ME3 ending sucks, his answer...because DLC

To Mass Effect 3 players, from Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWare
Posted on March 21, 2012 by darklarke

To Mass Effect 3 players, from Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWare

As co-founder and GM of BioWare, Im very proud of the ME3 team; I personally believe Mass Effect 3 is the best work weve yet created. So, its incredibly painful to receive feedback from our core fans that the games endings were not up to their expectations. Our first instinct is to defend our work and point to the high ratings offered by critics but out of respect to our fans, we need to accept the criticism and feedback with humility.

I believe passionately that games are an art form, and that the power of our medium flows from our audience, who are deeply involved in how the story unfolds, and who have the uncontested right to provide constructive criticism. At the same time, I also believe in and support the artistic choices made by the development team. The team and I have been thinking hard about how to best address the comments on ME3s endings from players, while still maintaining the artistic integrity of the game.

Mass Effect 3 concludes a trilogy with so much player control and ownership of the story that it was hard for us to predict the range of emotions players would feel when they finished playing through it. The journey you undertake in Mass Effect provokes an intense range of highly personal emotions in the player; even so, the passionate reaction of some of our most loyal players to the current endings in Mass Effect 3 is something that has genuinely surprised us. This is an issue we care about deeply, and we will respond to it in a fair and timely way. Were already working hard to do that.

To that end, since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few. The Mass Effect team, like other teams across the BioWare Label within EA, consists of passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. Im honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback.

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. Youll hear more on this in April. Were working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback weve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest a.ssured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.

The reaction to the release of Mass Effect 3 has been unprecedented. On one hand, some of our loyal fans are passionately expressing their displeasure about how their game concluded; we care about this feedback, and were planning to directly address it. However, most folks appear to agree that the game as a whole is exceptional, with more than 75 critics giving it a perfect review score and a review average in the mid-90s. Net, Im proud of the team, but we can and must always strive to do better.

Some of the criticism that has been delivered in the heat of passion by our most ardent fans, even if founded on valid principles, such as seeking more clarity to questions or looking for more closure, for example has unfortunately become destructive rather than constructive. We listen and will respond to constructive criticism, but much as we will not tolerate individual attacks on our team members, we will not support or respond to destructive commentary.

If you are a Mass Effect fan and have input for the team we respect your opinion and want to hear it. Were committed to address your constructive feedback as best we can. In return, Id ask that you help us do that by supporting what I truly believe is the best game BioWare has yet crafted. I urge you to do your own research: play the game, finish it and tell us what you think. Tell your friends if you feel its a good game as a whole. Trust that we are doing our damndest, as always, to address your feedback. As artists, we care about our fans deeply and we appreciate your support.

Thank you for your feedback we are listening.

Ray

[pic - click to view]

To Mass Effect 3 players, from Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWare | BioWare Blog

his answer: because DLC

go fu*k yourself bioware, I can't believe this dude actually tried to say ME3's metacritic score is a legit response to the actual fans who buy the sh-t's reviews.

61 comments for "Bioware Co-Founder explains why the ME3 ending sucks, his answer...because DLC"

6 years ago '05        #2
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,230 | Props total: 15792 15792
The ending wasn't even bad.....you know what recent trilogy had a weak ending though, Gears Of War 3.
 6 years ago '08        #3
Arson 84 heat pts84 OP
space
space
$40,113 | Props total: 23355 23355
 Killamike79 said:
The ending wasn't even bad.....you know what recent trilogy had a weak ending though, Gears Of War 3.
yeah Gears ending was some bullsh*t, but at the same time I didn't invest tv series hours into Gears' story like I did with Mass Effect
 6 years ago '04        #4
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 Killamike79 said:
Yep ending was horrible on Gears 3...
 6 years ago '05        #5
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,097 | Props total: 10790 10790
Bet none of ya'll would be talkin this rah rah about ME3's ending to my fu*kin face

pussies
 6 years ago '05        #6
mikesaimname 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,645 | Props total: 201 201
ok...whats the ending....i don't have that under powered cross platform ruining system by microsoft....so whats all the hub bub?
 6 years ago '11        #7
Chad09 160 heat pts160
space
space
$10,966 | Props total: 637 637
I want a better ending...I actually read the fu*king mass effect books. This is not how you end a Trilogy.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #8
space
space
 mikesaimname said:
ok...whats the ending....i don't have that under powered cross platform ruining system by microsoft....so whats all the hub bub?
it's on the PS 3 as well
 6 years ago '08        #9
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
 mikesaimname said:
 Da Ill One said:
it's on the PS 3 as well
 6 years ago '11        #10
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 mikesaimname said:
All the endings in one video!

[video - click to view]

03-21-2012, 08:58 PM         #11
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

03-21-2012, 09:00 PM         #12
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mikesaimname said:
youre not a gamer. how could you not know ME3 is multi-plat and then spout some ignorant sh*t like that?

youre worse than a casual. dont ever post here again.
 03-21-2012, 10:20 PM         #13
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
These n*ggas really ruined the release of 1 of the best games in a long time over some bullsh*t. The ending was perfect for the damn game.

What else was supposed to happen? The internet really ruins sh*t for people, it made these f*ggot a.ss bi*ch n*ggas have a voice when they usually would just have to shut the fu*k up.
 6 years ago '11        #14
space
space
space
 drumgangP said:
These n*ggas really ruined the release of 1 of the best games in a long time over some bullsh*t. The ending was perfect for the damn game.

What else was supposed to happen? The internet really ruins sh*t for people, it made these f*ggot a.ss bi*ch n*ggas have a voice when they usually would just have to shut the fu*k up.
How was it perfect?
 03-21-2012, 11:18 PM         #15
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
How was it perfect?
Cause it answered all the questions, and then some, that i've had regarding the series since part 1.

I'm satisfied, they dont need to do more DLC, dont need a part 4, no spinoffs nothing.

Yo lemme also ask n*gga, have you even played the damn game?! You sure make alot of threads for a n*gga who doesnt even play 95% of the sh*t hes trying to comment on
 6 years ago '11        #16
space
space
space
You do realize that they can't make a sequel right...?
 6 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 Jesszman said:
They could make a sequal...but even if for some reason they couldn't...there's prequels to be made son..
 6 years ago '11        #18
space
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
They could make a sequal...but even if for some reason they couldn't...there's prequels to be made son..
No, they really can't.
[spoiler - click to view]

That and they already stated that any mass effect game from now on will take place during or before 3.
 03-21-2012, 11:28 PM         #19
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
Once again, have you actually played the game?!
 6 years ago '04        #20
space
space
 Jesszman said:
No, they really can't.

That and they already stated that any mass effect game from now on will take place during or before 3.
There could be

Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy