Mar 21 - White People, You Will Never Look Suspicious! by Michael Skolnik

most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
7828 pageviews
110 comments

Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,452 | Props total: 16226 16226
Mar 21 - White People, You Will Never Look Suspicious! by Michael Skolnik

[pic - click to view]

I will never look suspicious to you. Even if I have a black hoodie, a pair of jeans and white sneakers on...in fact, that is what I wore yesterday...I still will never look suspicious. No matter how much the hoodie covers my face or how baggie my jeans are, I will never look out of place to you. I will never watch a taxi cab pass me by to pick someone else up. I will never witness someone clutch their purse tightly against their body as they walk by me. I won't have to worry about a police car following me for two miles, so they can "run my plates." I will never have to pay before I eat. And I certainly will never get "stopped and frisked." I will never look suspicious to you, because of one thing and one thing only. The color of my skin. I am white.

I was born white. It was the card I was dealt. No choice in the matter. Just the card handed out by the dealer. I have lived my whole life privileged. Privileged to be born without a glass ceiling. Privileged to grow up in the richest country in the world. Privileged to never look suspicious. I have no guilt for the color of my skin or the privilege that I have. Remember, it was just the next card that came out of the deck. But, I have choices. I got choices on how I play the hand I was dealt. I got a lot of options. The ball is in my court.

So, today I decided to hit the ball. Making a choice. A choice to stand up for Trayvon Martin. 17 years old. black. innocent. murdered with a bag of skittles and a bottle of ice tea in his hands. "Suspicious." that is what the guy who k!lled him said he looked like cause he had on a black hoodie, a pair of jeans and white sneakers. But, remember I had on that same outfit yesterday. And yes my Air Force Ones were "brand-new" clean. After all, I was raised in hip-hop...part of our dress code. I digress. Back to Trayvon and the gated community in Sanford, Florida, where he was visiting his father.

I got a lot of emails about Trayvon. I have read a lot of articles. I have seen a lot of television segments. The message is consistent. Most of the commentators, writers, op-ed pages agree. Something went wrong. Trayvon was murdered. Racially profiled. Race. America's elephant that never seems to leave the room. But, the part that doesn't sit well with me is that all of the messengers of this message are all black too. I mean, it was only two weeks ago when almost every white person I knew was tweeting about stopping a brutal African warlord from k!lling more innocent children. And they even took thirty minutes out of their busy schedules to watch a movie about dude. They bought t-shirts. Some bracelets. Even tweeted at Rihanna to take a stance. But, a 17 year old American kid is followed and then ultimately k!lled by a neighborhood vigilante who happens to be carrying a semi-automatic weapon and my white friends are quiet. Eerily quiet. Not even a trending topic for the young man.

We've heard the 911 calls. We seen the 13 year old witness. We've read the letter from the alleged k!ller's father. We listened to the anger of the family's attorney. We've felt the pain of Trayvon's mother. For heaven's sake, for 24 hours he was a deceased John Doe at the hospital because even the police couldn't believe that maybe he LIVES in the community. There are still some facts to figure out. There are still some questions to be answered. But, let's be clear. Let's be very, very clear. Before the neighborhood watch captain, George Zimmerman, started following him against the better judgement of the 911 dispatcher. Before any altercation. Before any self-defense claim. Before Travyon's cries for help were heard on the 911 tapes. Before the bullet hit him dead in the chest. Before all of this. He was suspicious. He was suspicious. suspicious. And you know, like I know, it wasn't because of the hoodie or the jeans or the sneakers. Cause I had on that same outfit yesterday and no one called 911 saying I was just wandering around their neighborhood. It was because of one thing and one thing only. Trayvon is black.

So I've made the choice today to tell my white friends that the rights I take for granted are only valid if I f!ght to give those same rights to others. The taxi cab. The purse. The meal. The police car. The police. These are all things I've taken for granted.

So, I f!ght for Trayvon Martin. I f!ght for Amadou Diallo. I f!ght for Rodney King. I f!ght for every young black man who looks "suspicious" to someone who thinks they have the right to take away their freedom to walk through their own neighborhood. I f!ght against my own stereotypes and my own suspicions. I f!ght for people whose ancestors built this country, literally, and who are still treated like second class citizens. Being quiet is not an option, for we have been too quiet for too long.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

White People, You Will Never Look Suspicious Like Trayvon Martin by Michael Skolnik | Global Grind

[pic - click to view]

http://globalgrind.com/news/michael-skolnik-trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-race-sanford-florida-photos-pictures

110 comments for "Mar 21 - White People, You Will Never Look Suspicious! by Michael Skolnik"

6 years ago '04        #2
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
Although I agree with certain aspects of this article I feel like he's missing some important points also. As a White guy that grew up in Long Branch, NJ, now living in Jersey City and has worked for years in Jamaica, Queens & Newark, with clients in Camden, Paterson & Elizabeth I'm surrounded by a variety of people everyday, which I like, or I'd live and work somewhere else.

To me, it's not that White people look inconspicuous, it's these minority youth that dress and act like they have something to prove. I think the stem of it is intercultural machismo mentality, which transcends outward to regular society, creating stereotypical thoughts and feelings of discomfort. When I see these young kids leaving school, they're walking in front of cars like they don't give a sh*t, cursing and yelling as they walk down the road and acting like they don't give a sh*t about anyone else around them I sometimes wonder myself... WTF are they thinking?

My heart goes out to the family of Trayvon I'm sure he was a great kid with a bright and opportunistic future, but to sit here and say White people don't look suspicious when most of them aren't walking down the street with their pants falling off their a.ss, cursing, yelling with no regards for other people in their community, it's pretty obvious why one group appears less suspicious than another.
 6 years ago '05        #3
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28
 Shea-bird said:
Although I agree with certain aspects of this article I feel like he's missing some important points also. As a White guy that grew up in Long Branch, NJ, now living in Jersey City and has worked for years in Jamaica, Queens & Newark, with clients in Camden, Paterson & Elizabeth I'm surrounded by a variety of people everyday, which I like, or I'd live and work somewhere else.

To me, it's not that White people look inconspicuous, it's these minority youth that dress and act like they have something to prove. I think the stem of it is intercultural machismo mentality, which transcends outward to regular society, creating stereotypical thoughts and feelings of discomfort. When I see these young kids leaving school, they're walking in front of cars like they don't give a sh*t, cursing and yelling as they walk down the road and acting like they don't give a sh*t about anyone else around them I sometimes wonder myself... WTF are they thinking?

My heart goes out to the family of Trayvon I'm sure he was a great kid with a bright and opportunistic future, but to sit here and say White people don't look suspicious when most of them aren't walking down the street with their pants falling off their a.ss, cursing, yelling with no regards for other people in their community, it's pretty obvious why one group appears less suspicious than another.
So basically because he was dressed like a "thug" or like those kids you see leaving school he was k!lled. When really he was just cold. So thats suppose to justify him being k!lled?
 6 years ago '04        #4
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
 NomiS said:
So basically because he was dressed like a "thug" or like those kids you see leaving school he was k!lled. When really he was just cold. So thats suppose to justify him being k!lled?
No, that's not what I'm saying and ridiculous conclusion, but it's funny that you say him having a hoodie on makes him look like "a thug." Why is that?
 6 years ago '07        #5
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492 OP
space
space
 NomiS said:
thank you...
dress and act like they have something to prove
how does one dress like they have something to prove.. I wear street wear... and people would prolly a.ssume Im a criminal..but far from it soooo I don't get that quote
 6 years ago '04        #6
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
 Damagegadget said:
thank you... how does one dress like they have something to prove.. I wear street wear... and people would prolly a.ssume Im a criminal..but far from it soooo I don't get that quote
Do you think the culture I descibed walks down the street dressed in khaki's and a Ralph Lauren sweater? I wear street gear too, 10 Deep, Mishka, etc. People don't think I'm a thug, but then again I'm not yelling and being disrespectful either. I'm also not sitting here trying to justify why people think the way that they do, I'm just sharing my observations of how one thing probably relates to another, but I'm not a sociologist. When the majority of bad apples spoils the bunch by dressing and acting a certain way, people begin to make a.ssociations. This idiot who shot this innocent kid made that terrible mistake.
 03-21-2012, 11:07 AM         #7
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regulate said:

Dude needs to get the fu*k out of new jersey and travel the country. It's not all the same. I see more whiteboys wearing street/baggy clothes than I do minorities......

...And NONE of his post has any relevance to this incedent. It's just another example of a white person trying to explain away why they feel so "threatened" by dark skinned people.....Even "non-racist" white people seem to have this issue, and they're so gotdamn transparent with it it's fu*kin pathetic.
pretty much, basically blacks have to dress like Carlton for whites not to feel threatned? What ever crakka. I hate that argument if they dress like thugs then they deserved......WTF does a thug dress like anyway? Basically are you saying if they dress black? Then they deserve to get shot or treated like sh*t because they don't present themselves in a that mainstream America feels comfortable with.

This goes back to the whole suit and tie theory that this what you need to dress in to get a job, because this once again is what mainstream America feels is the standard for civilization.........we as black people really need to gtfo this country.....its for white people and white people only....even the President has to pander to these arrogant bastards,.

Last edited by Dos-effect; 03-21-2012 at 11:17 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #8
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9511 9511
I mean I see what he's saying. But if I was a cop, I'd pull these fu*kboys over just on principle.

[pic - click to view]

idk but if I saw these fools chillin out in front of 7-11 with their ford probe I'd think they were up to something.

This guy takes his opinion and projects it to the entire world as it is fact. When in reality it is all subjective.
 03-21-2012, 12:03 PM         #9
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
I mean I see what he's saying. But if I was a cop, I'd pull these fu*kboys over just on principle.

[pic - click to view]

idk but if I saw these fools chillin out in front of 7-11 with their ford probe I'd think they were up to something.

This guy takes his opinion and projects it to the entire world as it is fact. When in reality it is all subjective.

So racial profiling is okay to you?
 6 years ago '04        #10
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
So racial profiling is okay to you?
Absolutely not! And I don't deny that it happens a lot unfortunately.

However, in response to this dude, I would think any of the following are suspicious:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

This dude seems to feel guilty for standing up for a black kid and in turn is trying to justify it to himself. I mean basically he's taking away from the personal authority of anyone who isn't white.

I have no guilt for the color of my skin or the privilege that I have. Remember, it was just the next card that came out of the deck. But, I have choices. I got choices on how I play the hand I was dealt. I got a lot of options. The ball is in my court.
I'm not black so I don't know, but do you have guilt for the color of YOUR skin? Does he a.ssume all minorities feel guilty for who they are?

It's like this guy is going out of his way to be accepted by black community in hopes they'll have his back against his perceived retaliation from the white community for standing up for this kid.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 03-21-2012 at 12:36 PM..
 03-21-2012, 12:33 PM         #11
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Police don't hassle white people in America?
 03-21-2012, 12:33 PM         #12
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Absolutely not! And I don't deny that it happens a lot unfortunately.

However, in response to this dude, I would think any of the following are suspicious:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Street smarts aside you cant judge books by its cover, even if they are criminals, most types(most not all) dont fu*k with you if you not fu*king with them.......from my experience......
 6 years ago '04        #13
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,490 | Props total: 6069 6069
point is that we shouldnt judge people by what they wear or how many tats they got
 6 years ago '10        #14
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
i used to gangbang. i used to wear t's, chucks and khaki's. im tatted neck to toe. i got judged as a gangster, cuz i was.

now, i wear nothing but DC skating gear. cuz im inactive. i go to work, put food on the table. im STILL tatted from neck to toe. and i STILL get judged as a gangster... and im not.

once they find out that i am mild, calm, rehabilitated person, they like me as a person and disregard my tattoos.

thats how society is, yall. they judge you by whats on the exterior of you.
 6 years ago '04        #15
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Street smarts aside you cant judge books by its cover, even if they are criminals, most types(most not all) dont fu*k with you if you not fu*king with them.......from my experience......
Same with mine. I usually keep to myself and don't have any troubles.

bleucrayonz said:
i used to gangbang. i used to wear t's, chucks and khaki's. im tatted neck to toe. i got judged as a gangster, cuz i was.

now, i wear nothing but DC skating gear. cuz im inactive. i go to work, put food on the table. im STILL tatted from neck to toe. and i STILL get judged as a gangster... and im not.

once they find out that i am mild, calm, rehabilitated person, they like me as a person and disregard my tattoos.

thats how society is, yall. they judge you by whats on the exterior of you.
Me too man. I used to think I was hardcore. Used to gangbang, dressed, talked, acted the part. In and out of jail, in trouble at school, and I always got fu*ked with.

It wasn't until a couple years into college I grew up. Stopped wearing clothes 10x bigger than needed, stopped talking like I don't have any class, cleaned up my act and started acting like an adult.

It's impossible to "get to know" every single person you pass on the street. The human mind will make an evaluation of someone at first site. So your exterior is portraying what you want other people to think about you, or not think about you.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 03-21-2012 at 01:02 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #16
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
[QUOTE=regulate;22652718]

Dude needs to get the fu*k out of new jersey and travel the country. It's not all the same. I see more whiteboys wearing street/baggy clothes than I do minorities......

...And NONE of his post has any relevance to this incedent. It's just another example of a white person trying to explain away why they feel so "threatened" by dark skinned people.....Even "non-racist" white people seem to have this issue, and they're so gotdamn transparent with it it's fu*kin pathetic.[/QUOTE]

You say this sh*t and then you act like what I see around me is a figment of my imagination. It's not dude and I've been to more places in the US then 99% of people I know. So don't a.ssume I'm in some pigeon hole of an enviroment. You can call me racist if you want I don't care, but the point is, people think and a.ssociate the way they do for a reason, not because they they woke up one day feeling different. It's not just the clothes, it's also the demeanor.

If it's black and white and moo's it's a fu*king cow.
 6 years ago '07        #17
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4831 4831
i dont kno wtf that author talkin about.all whites look suspcious to me.i dont even trust tha whites of a black mans eyes
 6 years ago '07        #18
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492 OP
space
space
 Shea-bird said:
Do you think the culture I descibed walks down the street dressed in khaki's and a Ralph Lauren sweater? I wear street gear too, 10 Deep, Mishka, etc. People don't think I'm a thug, but then again I'm not yelling and being disrespectful either. I'm also not sitting here trying to justify why people think the way that they do, I'm just sharing my observations of how one thing probably relates to another, but I'm not a sociologist. When the majority of bad apples spoils the bunch by dressing and acting a certain way, people begin to make a.ssociations. This idiot who shot this innocent kid made that terrible mistake.
than you might consider the difference between acting like one..and dressing a certain way. Cause the article is about dressing.. Im sure if any white kid was out acting like a thug it would be suspicious too..
 6 years ago '08        #19
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 r.burgundy said:
i dont kno wtf that author talkin about.all whites look suspcious to me.i dont even trust tha whites of a black mans eyes
 6 years ago '04        #20
MGz 953 heat pts953
space
space
$8,174 | Props total: 8734 8734
 r.burgundy said:
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy