The Dream Says Black Singers Canít Do Soul Anymore

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #121
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
dream seems mad as fu*k right now, he's always popping up with some complaining to do.
Maybe because the weeknd and drake stole his market?

I'm thinking he needs to stick to getting that producing/song writing money.
 03-20-2012, 01:42 PM         #122
Hotboy1982  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I somewhat agree with The Dream because it almost seem a rarity to hear just good soulful music on a larger scale than it has been for the past couple of years, artist either try to do some pop stuff or some rap hybrid foolishness instead of keeping true to the genre.
 6 years ago '10        #123
Pete Butter 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,637 | Props total: 143 143
 HipHop Since 93 said:
Yall n*ggas just focusing on the fact that yall dont like The Dream so yall refuse to say he's right. Sad part is most of yall havent heard any of his music besides the sh*t he makes for the radio. He's right though. Black soul dont sell no more. You can name all the Anthony Hamiltons and Jill Scotts you want but that sh*t aint selling. Beyonce released a great album last year, with alot more soul than her albums usually have. You know what happened? Her fanbase & critics hated it because it wasn't the usual pop, upbeat Beyonce they wanted to hear. She made a real R&B album but thats not what people wanted to hear from her. Thats why our artists go the pop route.

Sidenote: Trey Songz is actually making good R&B right now. People say he only talks about s3x which is false. All his songs that get radioplay are about s3x, because s3x sells. But his last album really had alot of nice songs that weren't all about s3x. He's the only young, relevant R&B artist out right now that hasn't made a pop album, even though its probably mainly because the n*gga cant dance to no pop beats like Chris Brown or Usher.
You lost me with that statement. Beyonce's only solid album, IMO, was Dangerously in Love. Any album after that had a few hits but her cds were collectively trash.
 6 years ago '04        #124
BunDLeZ 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 1 1
 hurricanegamePZ said:
Adele wrote the most soulful record of the last couple years...simple as that

anyone attributing it to race is a fu*kin dumb a.ss and has no future being anything important
the point is....SHE's OVERRATED...I say that because she really didnt re-invent the wheel with her music....Its just another carbon copy of black music with a white face...

Not saying that she's a bad singer at all but damn...for the sake of the R&B genre can we at least attain piece of credit?

i once heard a black man wrote a bunch of songs for Elvis, but what ever happened to that n*gga? And is he receiving a piece of that publishing?

Amy Winehouse (R.I.P) is another prime example...She came out the woodwork sounding like an African and all of a sudden she blew up knowing her whole style is made up from black influences....

R&B is dead anyway and is on its way out...The Grammys didnt have any respect for the genre until Adele popped up...and now what its labeled? POP music!!!
 6 years ago '10        #125
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,877 | Props total: 13668 13668
I'd rather see the real r&b artists go platinum and get shine than these generic pop r&b singers with their trash radio songs. Dream is telling the absolute truth. Dumbed down doesn't even begins to describe our music.
 6 years ago '08        #126
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
Looks like r&b went back to its roots. Soul music is not meant to be publicize, cuz we got to look for it for ourselves...

Same with hip-hop...
 03-20-2012, 11:11 PM         #127
Rhyme n Tekniq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
here's my thing,,,

If it its good music, it should fu*king sell....

why are people so wrapped up in what category the music originates, if its good then it should theoretically sale like hot cakes

I think the sh*t we in here talkin about now actually started in the 80's

thats when the true fading away of that "quiet storm" sound (Teddy Pendgrass, Barry White, Marvin Gaye etc) all started

I think the demand of more pop-sounding records is ultimately why Michael Jackson never made another record that resembled anything from he Off the Wall era, who wanted to gravitate away from that to make more modern sounding stuff, hence Thriller, which while its a unique work of art in itself and his finest work commercially, the only song resembling something with a Soul feel is Lady in my life and far as i can remember that was the last record like that that he made and Quincy Jones had to beg him to do that. Thats possibly why Mike and Quincy split, Quincy was mostly adamant about havinga soulful quality to the music while Mike became spoiled from thrillers reception and wanted to keep topping himself by becoming more Pop
 03-20-2012, 11:16 PM         #128
Rhyme n Tekniq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
also wasnt the sound we call soul music in that time simply referred to and classified as R and B in its time
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
113 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy