The Dream Says Black Singers Canít Do Soul Anymore

most viewed right now
 187
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 148
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 100
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 71
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #101
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
 Graftedgenes said:
Who gives a fu*k if it sells a bunch of copies as long as the music is good?
I see where you coming from but its a business, sales matter.
 6 years ago '11        #102
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Damagegadget said:
and we know who they don't want to market... lol
and marketing is manipulation
They'll market whatever people will buy. A white soul singer is more interesting to see than a black soul singer because it's not common and hipsters love it. You didn't think labels tried marketing soul to blacks these days? It doesn't work. Blacks who listen to soul will find their soul music, and it probably won't be from Adele. Labels will market what sells. And black soul music does not sell. It does not sell. It just does not sell.
 6 years ago '11        #103
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Graftedgenes said:
Who gives a fu*k if it sells a bunch of copies as long as the music is good?
Are you serious? Who's gonna pour money into projects and not get theirs in return? If Adele flopped you think they would market her fat a.ss? Let's have big boy talk for a second and let's come back from Disneyworld. If black soul singers want to sell soul music, go the independent route. Once they're able to pick up steam and a fanbase, a major will come along ready to suck them off to sign. That simple. In a market like this where people are pirating music labels are not going to put out just anyone's sh*t.
 6 years ago '04        #104
ohhohh 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,573 | Props total: 1104 1104
how is he relevant? he wrote Justin Bieber - Baby, Beyonce-Single ladies, Mariah Carey whole last album, Rihanna Umbrella etc etc etc..... use google rather than ask a dumb a.ss question u are online, smh
 03-20-2012, 11:34 AM         #105
bigree61  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is what white people do its called APPROPRIATION

adele is a fat pale ugly a.ss white bi*ch a fat ugly black women would never ever get any type of record deal no matter how good she can sing

there are atlease 5 black women in every church in any hood in america that can sing circles around adele

and she has no soul at all just cuz she sound more like a black women than any other white hoe dont mean she has soul
 6 years ago '11        #106
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
 bigree61 said:
this is what white people do its called APPROPRIATION

adele is a fat pale ugly a.ss white bi*ch a fat ugly black women would never ever get any type of record deal no matter how good she can sing

there are atlease 5 black women in every church in any hood in america that can sing circles around adele

and she has no soul at all just cuz she sound more like a black women than any other white hoe dont mean she has soul
I been saying this for months. Adele can sing but she aint got no soul. She dont have you feeling it like Maxwell, Eric Benet, Lenny Williams (everybody tries to sing Cause I Love You atleast once in their life), Whitney Houston, even Mary J in her prime made you feel it even if she was singing over faster beats.
 6 years ago '04        #107
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414
 6 years ago '06        #108
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 tonystarks21 said:
drake the only guy making soul music right now you can really feel his pain when he sings GOAT

STFU right now really? Drake ain't even R&B period. The Dream is right R&B music. It's like all the real R&B has been shut out and now you have them calling these fake a.ss rapper/singers R&B.

The industry has k!lled R&B really because. Even the real R&B singers are making bubble gum pop music that's really outta their character but i guess that's what happens when you have to follow orders to stay relevant or keep living that famous life style.
 6 years ago '06        #109
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 HipHop Since 93 said:
I been saying this for months. Adele can sing but she aint got no soul. She dont have you feeling it like Maxwell, Eric Benet, Lenny Williams (everybody tries to sing Cause I Love You atleast once in their life), Whitney Houston, even Mary J in her prime made you feel it even if she was singing over faster beats.

Yeah that sh*t ain't soul. She just a white bi*ch who was blessed with a voice to sing and got these people out here calling that sh*t Soulful because obviously they didn't grow up in the era of real soul music.
 6 years ago '07        #110
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,400 | Props total: 16105 16105
 HipHop Since 93 said:
I see where you coming from but its a business, sales matter.
sales do not make it good... hershey's chocolate sells more than godiva...but we all know anything mass produced is watered down and wack... sales only matter to an execs pockets.. how are sales relevant to consumers?
 6 years ago '07        #111
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,400 | Props total: 16105 16105
 ImInHerMouth said:
They'll market whatever people will buy. A white soul singer is more interesting to see than a black soul singer because it's not common and hipsters love it. You didn't think labels tried marketing soul to blacks these days? It doesn't work. Blacks who listen to soul will find their soul music, and it probably won't be from Adele. Labels will market what sells. And black soul music does not sell. It does not sell. It just does not sell.
it doesn't because...marketing.. and manipulation. They don't want it to sell period. Black people love Anthony Hamilton btw
 6 years ago '11        #112
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
 Damagegadget said:
sales do not make it good... hershey's chocolate sells more than godiva...but we all know anything mass produced is watered down and wack... sales only matter to an execs pockets.. how are sales relevant to consumers?
I didnt say sales represent quality. Artists & Execs are in it to make money, if they know nobody will buy it, they wont put it out
 6 years ago '04        #113
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$26,871 | Props total: 17385 17385
 Heisenberg said:
gtfoh the only white chick many money off of soul records is Adele. Amy is dead and no body knows who the fu*k Duffy is. i bet 99 percent of boxden don't even know who the fu*k she is. Adele has a unique voice that is all. Soul music is dead. ALL them other bi*ches can't sing thats why. WHo the fu*k wants to hear rihanna over a soul-type record. all that yodeling. make ya ears bleed
Winehouse never made any money of soul records? fu*k up toddler
 6 years ago '11        #114
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Damagegadget said:
it doesn't because...marketing.. and manipulation. They don't want it to sell period. Black people love Anthony Hamilton btw
But how many bought his music?
 6 years ago '05        #115
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
avatar space
space
$75,901 | Props total: 30144 30144
same thing with hip hop...n*ggas dont do soulful music too much

lol@those wack a.ss synth keyboard beats
 6 years ago '05        #116
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
avatar space
space
$75,901 | Props total: 30144 30144
 ImInHerMouth said:
But how many bought his music?
none
 6 years ago '04        #117
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 2410 2410
 Bunz said:
n*gga lookin for some attention. in the past six months we got Jill Scott, Marsha Ambrosious, and Mary J. Blige. not to mention Kem and i think Anthony Hamilton is on the way



not to mention that The Dream's singing sucks and he should just stick to song writing and shut the fu*k up....................
 6 years ago '07        #118
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,400 | Props total: 16105 16105
 HipHop Since 93 said:
I didnt say sales represent quality. Artists & Execs are in it to make money, if they know nobody will buy it, they wont put it out
they thought gaga wouldn't sell... they have turned away plenty of artist that became successful.......

Public Enemy is a multi plat group... why won't they put isht like that out anymore?

Again they do not want smart consumers.. there is a market for everything.. if not a good business person can create it.. otherwise they have obviously set up a system of crappy music
 6 years ago '07        #119
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,400 | Props total: 16105 16105
 ImInHerMouth said:
But how many bought his music?
I know at least ten in my circle.... question is..how much marketing did his music get...
 6 years ago '04        #120
Skilllz 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,259 | Props total: 1417 1417
The american music market is super saturated and unoriginal. People want the same sh*t all the time, sh*t's wack.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 8
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy