Mar 19 - Scientists Cure Cancer, But No One Takes Notice (Jan '12)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
194 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
129 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
askifan04 
space
space
$315 | Props total: 0 0
 Sammyboi22 said:
So how many of you guys work in a hospital? How many work for pharma companies? How many work for insurance companies? The biggest financial burden of cancer, diabetes, etc. Its not the health care. The government pays for half of that if you dont have insurance. If you have insurance they pay the brunt of that cost. The real burden of being sick is not being able to work. You still get insurance but you cant go in and work so you lose your income.

Yeah i wish there was a cure for cancer. There are a ton of drugs that show it is beneficial in f!ghting cancer. Curing it is a whole other thing. Trust me when I say that doctors arent soulless as*holes who are getting rich off of not prescribing people the right medication. These people working for pfizer arent doing this on purpose. Sometimes drugs dont pass FDA guidelines because they have side effects that are worse than treating the disease.

Lets say this drug gets legalized and pushed into production. Side effects are the loss of your legs due to blockage in the capillaries. So 20 people who have now lost their legs are going to sue the company for millions upon millions of dollars.
This is for the most part correct, managed care companies take a huge hit for prolonged hospital stays, that is why your drugs are priced where they are...its called cost/benefit.

If you think that doctors and pharmaceutical companies do not want cures, you are straight ignorant.

Doctors care about their patients, that why they work harder than you and bring your charts home, to help.

Pharma companies would make a lot more money if something like cancer was cured, you guys dont think about the co-morbidities that people have other than cancer...more than likely on 6-10 more meds that need to be treated.

Nobody is holding back the cure to cancer, be realistic and not such a conspiracy theorist.

Educate yourself, then come sit back down at the table.
 6 years ago '04        #42
askifan04 
space
space
last but not least, if a pharma company did get the cure for cancer...

They would patent it, submit it to the fda, approved more than likely, and then make a ton of money off of it.

Do some of you all think that Merck talks to AZ about profit sharing if the other found the cure???

R&D for all pharma companies are looking for the cure to cancer.
i.e...HIV, AIDS
 03-20-2012, 06:11 PM         #43
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I saw Sammyboi say in another thread his pops passed from Cancer...my mother died from a 10 year f!ght with cancer G...you dont sound like someone who went through that same situation.

First of all this article is false. It was written in January 2007 and it has been circulating the net for 5 years. 2nd their have been clinical trials done with this drug, and it has received attention.

Heres it being talked about back in 2010, theyre referencing this same article:

The drug has actually been called a carcinogen, and DCA actually increased the growth of cancer cells in some of the animals it was tested on.

As far as Sammy boi goes, claiming pharma companies DONT hide drugs....youre insane. Cancer is a billion dollar business...alot of those same insurance companies you talk about receive subsidies and stock in these pharma companies. Thats why you see insurance companies telling you to get certain pills, use certain doctors, and blah blah blah. They all are in it together.

Lets not forget Scurvy was cured with simple vitamin c tablets, but the FDA still puts notification on vitamin c saying it has no medical use. not to be used with diagnosis, and that it wont cure anything.

Why? Cause the shot in the a.ss+hospital room+insurance companies+followup treatment all costs more than some sh*t you can buy for 4 bucks
 03-20-2012, 06:13 PM         #44
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 askifan04 said:
last but not least, if a pharma company did get the cure for cancer...

They would patent it, submit it to the fda, approved more than likely, and then make a ton of money off of it.

Do some of you all think that Merck talks to AZ about profit sharing if the other found the cure???

R&D for all pharma companies are looking for the cure to cancer.
i.e...HIV, AIDS
Whats more profitable though? Curing everyone, or making billions per year treating everyone for the next 30 years?!
 6 years ago '06        #45
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,450 | Props total: 2644 2644
i been remember this... there been cures out the a.ss in the past 5 years, even one dealing wiht a microwave but it aint ever get backed
 6 years ago '04        #46
askifan04 
space
space
 drumgangP said:
Whats more profitable though? Curing everyone, or making billions per year treating everyone for the next 30 years?!
A. Pharma companies do not work together, therefore if anyone had the cure, you would know. There is no collusion

B. Managed care companies push you towards other drugs which are cheaper, or on formulary. Doctors stay upset with managed care companies because of this, they want something that they think is more efficacious, insurance wants to give you something that they is less expensive and they think can do the same job. They stay upset with eachother.

C. Pharma companies make branded agents, therefore they are always f!ghting managed care, nothing working with them. Also you doctors are not controlled by pharma companies, everything is public...i.e. the sunshine act

C. If you think Vitamins are the cure, well then...your fu*ked!
 6 years ago '04        #47
askifan04 
space
space
 drumgangP said:

Also, if you want to get real dark...

Pharma, insurance, docs all lose money when someone dies rather than living. Like I said, they are taking other drugs for other ailments. More money in keeping someone alive, maintenance pills, etc.
 6 years ago '10        #48
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,608 | Props total: 4364 4364
why would they take interest, they aint gonna make money off of it
 6 years ago '10        #49
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,608 | Props total: 4364 4364
 Grimey Jr. said:
are there really people in this thread taking up for these pharm companies?

fu*k them

these nikkas hold money over human lives, money is truely the root of evil
 6 years ago '06        #50
JUICEbox 
space
space
$736 | Props total: 404 404
 noverum said:
There is to a small business, just not to a corporation.
how many mom n pop drug manufacturers are there nowadays? theres not a one, the R & D required to make these drugs requires corporate level $$$
 6 years ago '05        #51
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,495 | Props total: 1357 1357
 noverum said:
I hope that this is a legitimate cure; but it seems too good to be true.

The lack of media coverage is baffling though.
not baffling at all my friend...
if this blows up the gov't and everyone else who makes money off expensive cancer treatment goes bye-bye
the article states this dichloroacetate is cheap so gov't won't be able to make money off it either making them want it to disappear into the shadows

6 years ago '07        #52
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
its really simple why the media doesnt cover this.

mainstream media is in the corporate fog and wont cover something that the corporations dont want them to.

their is no profit in curing cancers.

the GDP is the measure of Growth in the economy.

One part of the GDP is healthcare, and when it add billions of dollars into it it seems that the prosperity of the US is great...is that really the case though?

when billions of dollars are being spent on healthcare its because motherfu*kers are sick and dying.

if they cured cancers, HIV/AIDS, any other chronic diseases that revenue in healthcare will decline.
 03-20-2012, 07:17 PM         #53
SmokeOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 drumgangP said:
First of all this article is false. It was written in January 2007 and it has been circulating the net for 5 years. 2nd their have been clinical trials done with this drug, and it has received attention.
Thank you.. this article is old as hell and is filled with scientific inaccuracies.. DCA is not some miracle cure cancer molecule, although it does have potential.. there is still more research that needs to be done..
 6 years ago '05        #54
BadIntentionz 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,562 | Props total: 813 813
 noverum said:
I hope that this is a legitimate cure; but it seems too good to be true.

The lack of media coverage is baffling though.
$$$$$$$ talks
 6 years ago '12        #55
DontHateDaGreat 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,357 | Props total: 2095 2095
Please if there was a NATURAL CURE that pharm companies couldn't patent they would definitely sweep it under rug. Now ALL pharm companies are bad but they do operate from a business standpoint more often than not. That's how our country is now. Capitalism leads to situations like this then add the fact that big companies and lobby to congress and basically buy them off and you have cases like this. The only way you'll see a cure from them is if they find one they can market and as someone stated before once that patent is up the amount of money they make decreases.

There is definitely more money in keeping patients sick enough to use drugs instead of of curing them and having them never buy the drugs again. Not to mention all the research grants they can milk the gov't for in search of a "cure" because the citizens want research done and those same citizens vote for their seats in gov't offices.

Are all pharm companies bad? No but let's not pretend that they are all saints either. Some of ya'll probably think insurances companies dont have corruption either
 6 years ago '11        #56
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
good read
 6 years ago '06        #57
T.C_So_Fresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,205 | Props total: 71 71
Chea go UofA
 03-20-2012, 08:18 PM         #58
Lot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Apricot Kernals = B17/Laetrile = k!lls Cancer
 6 years ago '05        #59
dizzle trizzle 7 heat pts
space
space
$7,127 | Props total: 2628 2628
these people are evil and i get how they think, they will never accept this, they will lose hella money and have no way to curb the population from becoming to great, people are living longer now and days
 03-20-2012, 09:08 PM         #60
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mikey c said:
Can I be T-Dogg?
easiest job on TV. 1 line per show, if that even.

dudes who we don't even remember on that show have more lines than T-Dogg.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy