Mar 19 - Scientists Cure Cancer, But No One Takes Notice (Jan '12)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Give Her An A+ For A***Tastic
13 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Wait a minute: Da Brat Is Sexy With A Big Butt?
117 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bringing An XBox And A TV On The Subway Is Baller As fu-k
43 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian & Karrueche Tran, Is This Heaven?
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #1
7951 pageviews
93 comments

ItAlY2BkLyN 234 heat pts234
space
space
$19,809 | Props total: 1670 1670
Mar 19 - Scientists Cure Cancer, But No One Takes Notice (Jan '12)

Canadian researchers find a simple cure for cancer, but major pharmaceutical companies are not interested.

Researchers at the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Canada have recently cured cancer, yet there is but little ripple in the news or on TV. It is a simple technique using a very basic drug. The method employs dichloroacetate, which is currently used to treat metabolic disorders, so there is no concern of side effects or other long term effects.

The drug doesn’t require a patent, so anyone can employ it widely and cheaply compared to the costly cancer drugs produced by major pharmaceutical companies.

[pic - click to view]

Canadian scientists tested dichloroacetate (DCA) on human cells; it k!lled lung, brea$t and brain cancer cells and left the healthy cells alone. It was tested on rats inflicted with severe tumors; their cells shrank when they were fed with water supplemented with DCA. The drug is widely available and the technique is easy to use, but why are the major drug companies not involved, or the media not interested in this find?

In human cells there is a natural cancer f!ghting organelle, the mitochondria, but it needs to be triggered in order to be effective. Scientists used to think that the mitochondria of cancerous cells were damaged and thus ineffective. They used to focus on glycolysis, which is less effective in f!ghting cancer and wasteful. The drug manufacturers focused on the glycolysis method to f!ght cancer. DCA treatment on the other hand doesn’t rely on glycolysis but instead on reactivating the mitochondria; which allows the cell to die and preventing the cancer from spreading.

This reactivation is a process called apoptosis. You see, mitochondria contain an all-too-important self-destruct button that cannot be pressed in cancer cells. Without it, tumors grow larger as cells refuse to be extinguished. Fully functioning mitochondria, thanks to DCA, can once again allow them to die.

With glycolysis turned off, the body produces less lactic acid, so the bad tissue around cancer cells doesn’t break down and seed new tumors.

Pharmaceutical companies are not investing in this research because DCA method cannot be patented, and without a patent they cannot make money. They’re currently making fortunes with their AIDS patent. Since the pharmaceutical companies won’t develop DCA drugs, independent laboratories should start researching DCA more to confirm all of the above findings and begin producing drugs. All of the groundwork can be done in collaboration with the universities, who will be glad to a.ssist in such research and can develop an effective drug for curing cancer.

This article hopes to raise more awareness of dichloroacetate, and to hopefully inspire some independent companies and small startups to pick up on this idea and begin producing life-saving drugs… because the big companies won’t be touching it for a long time.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.moneytrendsres .. -takes-notice/

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 03-19-2012 at 04:24 PM..

93 comments for "Mar 19 - Scientists Cure Cancer, But No One Takes Notice (Jan '12)"

4 years ago '12        #2
noverum 
space
space
$2,288 | Props total: 438 438
I hope that this is a legitimate cure; but it seems too good to be true.

The lack of media coverage is baffling though.
 4 years ago '05        #3
hanzo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 522 522

[video - click to view]

"aint no money in the cure"
 4 years ago '12        #4
noverum 
space
space
$2,288 | Props total: 438 438
 hanzo said:

"aint no money in the cure"
There is to a small business, just not to a corporation.
 4 years ago '04        #5
space
space
Like the article said, I really hope Universities pick up the slack and fu*k these major pharmaceutical companies.
 4 years ago '04        #6
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,456 | Props total: 193 193
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ItAlY2BkLyN again.

Great find and read
 4 years ago '05        #7
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,898 | Props total: 198 198
where is the link?
 4 years ago '04        #8
space
space
 DymeKatcha said:
where is the link?
my bad. link's up
 4 years ago '05        #9
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,852 | Props total: 70 70
its more complicated then that, but its amazing at such a simple molecule such as dichloroacetate could possibly lead to other breakthroughs
 4 years ago '04        #10
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,910 | Props total: 240 240
the pharmaceutical companies get paid more for cutting people open and having people in debt to the meds...

Hopefully this isnt the thing that leads to the zombie apocalypse
 4 years ago '04        #11
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,456 | Props total: 193 193
 Tic Toc said:
the pharmaceutical companies get paid more for cutting people open and having people in debt to the meds...

Hopefully this isnt the thing that leads to the zombie apocalypse
That's why you have to stay ready for this sh*t.

I'm ready! I live off the west coast. I can put my back against the ocean and fend off the approaching zombie horde coming from the east. Who's here with me?
 4 years ago '04        #12
space
space
 matelyan said:

I'm ready! I live off the west coast. I can put my back against the ocean and fend off the approaching zombie horde coming from the east. Who's here with me?
Man you might need to come kick it with ya boy in CO. I watched the history channel last night talking about the San Andreas fault and how there's 99% chance of a 7.8+ earthquake that is going to ruin Cali.

But I got the bunker and the shotty's ready
 4 years ago '10        #13
KillaJ008 4 heat pts
space
space
$724 | Props total: 228 228
yea because they get paid more having people keep going back for chemotherapy and radiation and prolonging the process....its a shame how arrogant humans have become willing to risk people's lives just to make money
 4 years ago '04        #14
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,910 | Props total: 240 240
 matelyan said:

yo im wit u...long as we dont have no SHANE and RICK sh*t poppin off

Edit :everybody gotta kno they role
 4 years ago '11        #15
Mikey c 
space
space
$1,197 | Props total: 75 75
 Tic Toc said:

Can I be T-Dogg?
 4 years ago '06        #16
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,468 | Props total: 7 7
So how many of you guys work in a hospital? How many work for pharma companies? How many work for insurance companies? The biggest financial burden of cancer, diabetes, etc. Its not the health care. The government pays for half of that if you dont have insurance. If you have insurance they pay the brunt of that cost. The real burden of being sick is not being able to work. You still get insurance but you cant go in and work so you lose your income.

Yeah i wish there was a cure for cancer. There are a ton of drugs that show it is beneficial in f!ghting cancer. Curing it is a whole other thing. Trust me when I say that doctors arent soulless as*holes who are getting rich off of not prescribing people the right medication. These people working for pfizer arent doing this on purpose. Sometimes drugs dont pass FDA guidelines because they have side effects that are worse than treating the disease.

Lets say this drug gets legalized and pushed into production. Side effects are the loss of your legs due to blockage in the capillaries. So 20 people who have now lost their legs are going to sue the company for millions upon millions of dollars.
 4 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 Sammyboi22 said:
So how many of you guys work in a hospital? How many work for pharma companies? How many work for insurance companies? The biggest financial burden of cancer, diabetes, etc. Its not the health care. The government pays for half of that if you dont have insurance. If you have insurance they pay the brunt of that cost. The real burden of being sick is not being able to work. You still get insurance but you cant go in and work so you lose your income.

Yeah i wish there was a cure for cancer. There are a ton of drugs that show it is beneficial in f!ghting cancer. Curing it is a whole other thing. Trust me when I say that doctors arent soulless as*holes who are getting rich off of not prescribing people the right medication. These people working for pfizer arent doing this on purpose. Sometimes drugs dont pass FDA guidelines because they have side effects that are worse than treating the disease.

Lets say this drug gets legalized and pushed into production. Side effects are the loss of your legs due to blockage in the capillaries. So 20 people who have now lost their legs are going to sue the company for millions upon millions of dollars.
You're just using hypotheticals. And it said in the article that there are no side effects. If this really works, hopefully it can catapult the university studies and smaller operations and take some away from big medical. Something like this could very well be adopted by the nutritionist movement.

The method employs dichloroacetate, which is currently used to treat metabolic disorders, so there is no concern of side effects or other long term effects.
so it's already being used and prescribed for human diagnosis.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 03-19-2012 at 10:35 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #18
Trilluminati GA 431 heat pts431
space
space
$46,287 | Props total: 5697 5697
 Sammyboi22 said:

@ this pro pharm propognada

cured of cancer>lose a limb
 4 years ago '06        #19
Yung Dilla 1407 heat pts1407
space
space
$49,440 | Props total: 6302 6302
 Tic Toc said:

Hell yeah im in culver city im with yall lets go

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #20
illathruz 59 heat pts59
space
space
$5,955 | Props total: 650 650
not much in the mainstream media about this. only found one english link in google news:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Aug 23 - Ann Coulter Admits: If Clinton Wins, Republicans Will Go Out ..
100 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside In what order are you smashing? :cp3datass:
189 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Anyone on here still use the OG iPod Classic when listening to music?
97 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside King yella shot shooting black lives matter theme video
53 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Did Drake Cross The Line Calling Meek Mill A P#$$y?
205 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside This man died during surgery, met god & asked him, "what's the meaning ..
485 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside CLASSIC VIDEO: Big Boy & B Real(Cypress Hill) Fist Fight On LA Radio Po..
67 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Article inside That Innovation! Apple Will Release A Curved Display iPhone In 2017, ..
58 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy