How Many People Think Nas Is A Boring Rapper?

most viewed right now
vida guerra
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #81
Donny D 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 17 17
 the synthesis said:
not sure which x or pac songs you are listening to, pac especially was very diverse in his subject matter, so much so he is always being accused of being contradictory.

the reason why i prefer pac over alot of rappers is because his subject matter was diverse, otherwise he'd been boring as fu*k, i can go from listening to

dear mamma
ambitonz as a ryda
how do u want it
lord knows
wonda why they call u bytch
run the streetz
unborn child
live and die in la
troublesome 96

every song is different from the next, he had a song for every mood
PAC is definetly versatile and one of the best to do it of course. But I'm specifically referring to r u still down. Had to turn it off halfway and take a break cuz his voice got annoying.
 6 years ago '06        #82
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
 Retro said:
People say it's not about beats...then complain about his beat selection

You should've asked for examples of when Nas was boring instead for the simple fact that people talk out of their a.sses when bringing up Nas. My "ITT: Post Nas' "Bad Beats"" thread didn't get a lot of responses from multiple people, let alone the fact that those people who did give responses were bigger than average Nas fans.

As far as emotion goes, Goldeen is spot on. Evoking emotion >>> emotionally rapping imo...

EDIT: Oh & charisma, gtfo with that too. You can hear Nas' charisma through his flow very well.
Save me the time of Typing a response. Nas doesnt have Charisma GTFOH

I mean If u find him boring Im not here to argue with that but some of yall were talking out yah a.ss and couldnt be taken seriously.

Every rapper gets boring to me after awhile. I mean isnt that why they make new material?

I never listened to a new Nas album and thought it was boring and thats because I find his rhymes mentally stimulating.

I think the closest to boredom with a Nas Album would be SD.
 06-03-2012, 01:47 AM         #83
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas isn't boring at all to me...

But he can be very lazy at times... And get wrapped up in his social/cultural dogma a bit too much at times.

psylence2k said:
his tone is damn near monotonous, his flow rarely ever changes, and he always usually likes to "describe" things rather than telling you how he feels in a passionate way. I remember someone making a thread about how Nas doesn't really sound like he's having fun when he raps, I can somewhat see that. He's like a college professor delivering a lecture, dude be articulate and at times dropping knowledge but for some reason his enthusiasm doesn't come across as well. In that same sense you learn more about other shyt (if you're willing to sit through the "lecture") than you learn about the lecturer himself (Nas). Most people who listen to music like to relate to the artist's emotions,views, sentimental thoughts and relate them to their own life. Nas doesn't really do that well/often , he'd rather be the rap version of the history/discovery channel.

Difference between Nas and Jay/Biggie/Pac/Eminem is the difference between a good movie and a good documentary (Nas) . Nas be dropping alot of knowledge but it just misses that extra "dimension" of emotion, personality, humor, sentimentalism that the other greats are alot better at getting across to the listener. Straight up he just lacks CHARISMA, personality is very important in rap in terms of grabbing and keeping the listener's attention. He also has very little versatility, he has the same problem Jada does in the sense of all his verses sounding similar.

It all boils down to Nas just NOT being that interesting as a person, you ever seen his interviews? It's like watching paint dry, that's why he has to rap about "other" shyt in the world in order to keep the listeners attention because Nasir Jones the person is somewhat of a boring guy.

*steps back and waits for the psychotic and maniacal Nas fans to come at me *

If I could I'd prop this post twice...
 6 years ago '05        #84
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,500 | Props total: 1359 1359
i'm gonna agree for the most part
 6 years ago '09        #85
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,273 | Props total: 19412 19412
The GOAT not boring
 6 years ago '07        #86
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
Nas isn't boring to me, and I think he's charismatic in his own way, check his show stealing verses on Jon Blaze, Eye For an Eye, that Carter 4 song, and Ghetto Dreams.
 6 years ago '10        #87
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
I feel sorry for people that think Nas is boring.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy