How Many People Think Nas Is A Boring Rapper?

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
63 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
272 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
88 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #41
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
People say it's not about beats...then complain about his beat selection

You should've asked for examples of when Nas was boring instead for the simple fact that people talk out of their a.sses when bringing up Nas. My "ITT: Post Nas' "Bad Beats"" thread didn't get a lot of responses from multiple people, let alone the fact that those people who did give responses were bigger than average Nas fans.

As far as emotion goes, Goldeen is spot on. Evoking emotion >>> emotionally rapping imo...

EDIT: Oh & charisma, gtfo with that too. You can hear Nas' charisma through his flow very well.
 6 years ago '09        #42
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,084 | Props total: 8866 8866
Nas is not boring like some of Common and Lupe Fiasco & J.cole music, I can his music for hours.
 6 years ago '11        #43
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,561 | Props total: 9466 9466
 ash1990 said:
Nas is not boring like some of Common and Lupe Fiasco & J.cole music, I can his music for hours.
fu*k you guys lupe isn't boring
 6 years ago '09        #44
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
Joe Budden, Mos Def & Chino XL music is boring, most of the time, no different vibe.............

whothebestmc said:
fu*k you guys lupe isn't boring
I said some but anyway his new music is garbage let's be honest
 6 years ago '11        #45
space
space
 ash1990 said:
Joe Budden, Mos Def & Chino XL music is boring, most of the time, no different vibe.............
and mos def? :guns:

ash1990 said:

I said some but anyway his new music is garbage let's be honest
garbage ≠ boring, but lasers was a let down but he didn't want to do it, just wait for F&L2

Last edited by whothebestmc; 03-19-2012 at 02:58 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #46
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
could have just qouted me brothaaaa
My post in general was about the thread, that edit was directed at you but you figured it out without the quote anyway
 6 years ago '10        #47
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,433 | Props total: 2391 2391
id say 50% of his sh*t and boring ...he puts n*ggas to sleep.
 6 years ago '07        #48
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
Nas tones are monotonus but Jay's arent? you fu*king serious

and doesnt eminem get berated for changing his tones all the time?

Camel Warriors man the epitome of delusional
 6 years ago '09        #49
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
when dude said "his tone is damn near monotonous" that's what stuck out to me. that's what gets me.
main reason I only listen to nas in small doses. love the dude, love his disco. but not the kinda rapper I can listen to all the time, and the reason he's not my personal GOAT.
That's how I feel about Mos DEF
 6 years ago '11        #50
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
when dude said "his tone is damn near monotonous" that's what stuck out to me. that's what gets me. main reason I only listen to nas in small doses. love the dude, love his disco. but not the kinda rapper I can listen to all the time, and the reason he's not my personal GOAT.
Jay's the same way though. Matter of fact, Elzhi is too. Elmatic was nothing but a cookie-cut of Illmatic, same rhyme schemes and all. Add to the fact that Elzhi's flow isn't better on its own than Nas' either. This is all contingent on whether you can listen to Elzhi all the time true, but you did say he was the best rapper alive a little while ago...

Oh & you flip flop on the GOAT thing all the time First it was there can't be one, then it was there can't be one yet, now there is one. Hmm...
 6 years ago '11        #51
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
I admit I was having a hard time describing why I thought he was boring. charisma sounded right at the time. until dude said that sh*t about his tone. then it hit me.
Like I said Jay is the exact same way, even your compadre Goldeen admitted this...
 6 years ago '11        #52
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
I ain't flip floppin stud muffin. my personal GOAT is another way of saying my fav rapper. I still think their is no unanimous GOAT. but you're right, I can't listen to elzhi all the time either.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #53
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
jay's tones may be monotonous. but it just don't hit me like it does with others, cause his charisma overshadows it I guess.
...Ok I'm gonna need you to explain what you mean by charisma, simply because you said Nas didn't have it, but his voice was monotonous. But then you said charisma was the wrong word. So if Nas does have charisma and monotonous tones don't bother you, that doesn't explain why Nas is boring
 6 years ago '11        #54
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
So the summary of why nas is boring

Monotonous voice
Bad beats
Doesn't have fun when he raps
Keeps the same flow

6 years ago '11        #55
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
I admit everything after gods son has been boring or wack but a couple of songs
 6 years ago '12        #56
ALTheGreatS 23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,470 | Props total: 900 900
NaS is NOT a boring rapper. He's just brings the essence to what hip hop is suppose to be. Poetic observation of street life. Not songs about making it rain, pistol whipping people inside the club ,etc. Thats why people may find him boring.
 6 years ago '12        #57
ALTheGreatS 23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,470 | Props total: 900 900
 Kingpin 313 said:
I admit everything after gods son has been boring or wack but a couple of songs
Street's Disciple was a lukewarm effort but Hip Hop Is Dead ,Untitled, & Distant Relatives were great albums.
 6 years ago '05        #58
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
Basically if you got dope lyrics you aren't boring to me.

Don't know why people care so much if someone doesn't show a lot of emotion as long as they're nice with their words and paint a good picture
 6 years ago '11        #59
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
I can't exactly say nas has no charisma. cause even recently (along with the video) nasty was quite charismatic. I guess he just doesn't exude the sh*t on a regular basis. man, I've been kinda saying a few times in this thread that can't quite pin point what it is with dude. reason why my posts are all over the place. I need to be in a "nas mood" aka headphones and zone mood. his sh*t just doesn't seem to excite me for the most part.
Fair enough, I just wanted you to admit this. If you don't really have a specific reason say that from jump street, that goes for everybody in this thread including me...
 03-19-2012, 03:31 PM         #60
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok, lets just cut to the chase and be REAL for a minute... If you are a GOOD rapper/lyricist, you are considered BORING. and what does that translate to...

THE FANS ARE STUPID! IF IT AINT THE SAME REPETITIVE BULLSHXT THAT IS DESTROYING THE BLACK RACE, THEN THEY CANT COMPREHEND IT!

Why are all the dumbed down rappers hot? Better yet, why are they the only getting radio play and all the smart rappers are considered "irrelevant"?? hmmmmmmm i wonder why...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy