How Many People Think Nas Is A Boring Rapper?

most viewed right now
 Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
31 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #21
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Dos-effect said:
Better question is "how many people are too fu*king dumb to understand what a intelligent rapper puts out........cause thats really what it is.........
No, thats not really what it is. An intelligent person should know that. People loved Made You Look, not a single person dislikes that song. Why? Hard, but fun sound. Great party and club song, with the perfect amount of lyricism. Compare that to the rest of Nas' catalog. In an interview I remember Big Sean talking about how No I.D. giving him the "My Last" track and Sean saying he doesn't want to rhyme over that sh*t and he thought it was corny. He said that No I.D. told him, "Do you wanna be a mixtape rapper? Or do you want to make songs people can live to? Songs that people can play at a party or bbq with their family? In the car with their friends?" You rarely can do those things with Nas' music. But it is good for what it is. But the way you're putting it is how "intelligent" people see sports, "What does running around sweaty and putting a ball through a hoop accomplish?" Which is close-minded and ignorant.

The good movie vs. good documentary thing was a perfect example.
 03-19-2012, 12:48 PM         #22
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ballergenetics said:
a few of the posters in this thread (myself included) have deaded this bullsh*t post of yours before it even came to fruition.
? And you say this to say what?
 03-19-2012, 12:53 PM         #23
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImInHerMouth said:
No, thats not really what it is. An intelligent person should know that. People loved Made You Look, not a single person dislikes that song. Why? Hard, but fun sound. Great party and club song, with the perfect amount of lyricism. Compare that to the rest of Nas' catalog. In an interview I remember Big Sean talking about how No I.D. giving him the "My Last" track and Sean saying he doesn't want to rhyme over that sh*t and he thought it was corny. He said that No I.D. told him, "Do you wanna be a mixtape rapper? Or do you want to make songs people can live to? Songs that people can play at a party or bbq with their family? In the car with their friends?" You rarely can do those things with Nas' music. But it is good for what it is. But the way you're putting it is how "intelligent" people see sports, "What does running around sweaty and putting a ball through a hoop accomplish?" Which is close-minded and ignorant.

The good movie vs. good documentary thing was a perfect example.
It depends on what you like, I mean the dude doesnt really make commerical music, even a majority of his singles are not commerical joints so his exposure is a lot less then somebody like Wayne who only makes music for commerical (or as I like to say) "mainstream" America. So if Mainstream is not trying to listen to social aware, pro black, anti-estabilishment.......then of course Nas would be boring.....they cant relate to it......on the other side if you got these little dumb a.ss black kids that think the Lil B cooking dance is dopest sh*t since the stanky leg they definately dont want here some old a.ss 90's rapper talking about anything, unless its again Wayne or f*ggotry bullsh*t like that............his base is old school heads not little young dumb fu*ks who wouldnt know good music if Kanye slapped them in the face with his fu*king microphone.
 03-19-2012, 01:04 PM         #24
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ballergenetics said:
you said anybody who thinks nas can be boring are too dumb to understand his music. I called it bullsh*t. nothing else really needed to be said...
Your fu*king existence in life is dumb, your fu*king mom is dumb for not flushing your telletubbie watchng a.ss down the toilet, your bum a.ss father is dumb for hitting your piece of sh*t Mom without a condom to prevent the dumbness that is you and your life............talking to grown folks with your dumb a.ss...........
 6 years ago '10        #25
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,661 | Props total: 4498 4498
at nikkas saying jay-z putting emotions in songs

the only emotion jay puts in songs when they are suppose to be "emotional" is a feeling of pride

song cry, soon you will understand and ish

only song I ever felt the emotion come from jay was momma loves me
 6 years ago '04        #26
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,436 | Props total: 6498 6498
if people reasoning for curren$y being boring because of his voice the same could be said about nas

neither one of their voices really changes. i like both of them though before you all get upset
 03-19-2012, 01:20 PM         #27
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dude is boring, always with the extra extra extra extra sh*t with the lyrics...... hate me now
 6 years ago '11        #28
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,561 | Props total: 9466 9466
 kiddrocay said:

the only emotion jay puts in songs when they are suppose to be "emotional" is a feeling of pride

Jay/nas might not be the best at showing emotion through their voice like a lot of other rappers, but what they say is what evokes emotion. They obviously have more tracks that you can hear the emotion in their voice than the ones you listed; but I'd rather listen to jay/nas say emotional things and not sound emotional than listen to lil wayne sound like hes crying talking about random sh*t.
 6 years ago '10        #29
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 whothebestmc said:
Jay/nas might not be the best at showing emotion through their voice like a lot of other rappers, but what they say is what evokes emotion. They obviously have more tracks that you can hear the emotion in their voice than the ones you listed; but I'd rather listen to jay/nas say emotional things and not sound emotional than listen to lil wayne sound like hes crying talking about random sh*t.
I see where you are going but do you see where I am going

jay-z even admited it in one song, "pride wont let me show it" so when I think about those I see why

but he did let the emotion flow out on momma loves me, sounded like he was damn near in tears

I hear the emotion in nas though, songs like one mic, ether, favor for favor, if I ruled the world, be a ****** too and etc.
 6 years ago '10        #30
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 BastardChild said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #31
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 kiddrocay said:

jay z has no emotions he to laid back there's maybe 1 or 2 songs out of his catalog that hits you hard

That's why he not even close to being the GOAT
 03-19-2012, 01:35 PM         #32
DoubleD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't...
 6 years ago '10        #33
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
The fact is Nas fell the fu*k off after God's Son. There's no way anyone can say they find Nas between Illmatic and God's Son.

Street Diciple was whack
HipHop is dead was wack (especially the singles)
Untitled was very dope to me but it ain't an album built for mass appeal like Nas previous albums
And Distant relatives was whatever

Point blank Nas is my favorite rapper but at this point I'll be happy with him just k!lling guest features and shut because that's the only time entertains me with his rhymes

Key word ENTERTAIN

you didnt like distant relatives
 6 years ago '11        #34
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
I see where you are going but do you see where I am going

jay-z even admited it in one song, "pride wont let me show it" so when I think about those I see why

but he did let the emotion flow out on momma loves me, sounded like he was damn near in tears

I hear the emotion in nas though, songs like one mic, ether, favor for favor, if I ruled the world, be a ****** too and etc.
Yeah I understood what you were saying, but the same applies to nas, they both don't switch their voice very much. What about all the songs he got with beanie like, still got love for ya, where have you been etc. or A dream. Jay has multiple songs where you can hear the emotion in his voice, but the majority of his catalogue doesn't same with nas. Which isn't a bad thing.

Think of it like this, say you have a hall of fame speech and you are describing your struggles like shannon sharpe did in his while hardly showing emotion I think he teared up briefly, or you can have a hall of fame speech like emmitt smith were he was bawling his eyes out for a good portion. It is what you say that generally evokes emotion in music, obviously adding emotion in your voice is a bonus.

Either way it is a weak point for both of them, but they can't be perfect at everything

It most likely has to do with how they grew up, you can't show emotion how they lived.
 6 years ago '10        #35
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 whothebestmc said:
Yeah I understood what you were saying, but the same applies to nas, they both don't switch their voice very much. What about all the songs he got with beanie like, still got love for ya, where have you been etc. or A dream. Jay has multiple songs where you can hear the emotion in his voice, but the majority of his catalogue doesn't same with nas. Which isn't a bad thing.

Think of it like this, say you have a hall of fame speech and you are describing your struggles like shannon sharpe did in his while hardly showing emotion I think he teared up briefly, or you can have a hall of fame speech like emmitt smith were he was bawling his eyes out for a good portion. It is what you say that generally evokes emotion in music, obviously adding emotion in your voice is a bonus.

Either way it is a weak point for both of them, but they can't be perfect at everything

It most likely has to do with how they grew up, you can't show emotion how they lived.
yeah nas aint that emotional either but I have heard him let his emotions out a lot more than jay-z

2pac, dmx, and em are the goats of letting emotions flow

I see what you are saying but the nikka let his pride block it, imagine if he diddnt
 6 years ago '11        #36
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
yeah nas aint that emotional either but I have heard him let his emotions out a lot more than jay-z

2pac, dmx, and em are the goats of letting emotions flow

I see what you are saying but the nikka let his pride block it, imagine if he diddnt
Idk I'd say they have about the same percentage of emotional verses/songs and both of their numbers would be very low, but I ain't mad at that.

You gotta remember a lot of people view emotion as a weakness, especially when you grow up in a hard environment selling drugs or what have you, you don't have time to get emotional. I would enjoy more emotion out of both of them though As long as they didn't get too emotional than they turn into drake.

I'd take an emotional verse over an emotional voice any day though
 6 years ago '12        #37
SLiP 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,013 | Props total: 1333 1333
Nah, if i can listen to you at any time of day, you're not boring.

even MF DOOM's Monotone a.ss isn't boring(to me)

Nas is top 5.
 6 years ago '10        #38
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 whothebestmc said:
Idk I'd say they have about the same percentage of emotional verses/songs and both of their numbers would be very low, but I ain't mad at that.

You gotta remember a lot of people view emotion as a weakness, especially when you grow up in a hard environment selling drugs or what have you, you don't have time to get emotional. I would enjoy more emotion out of both of them though As long as they didn't get too emotional than they turn into drake.

I'd take an emotional verse over an emotional voice any day though
Im talking about emotion like coming from a hard knock life not simpin to a stripper

drake a pillow cushion nikka and should never be mentioned with nas and jay-z
 6 years ago '11        #39
space
space
 kiddrocay said:
Im talking about emotion like coming from a hard knock life not simpin to a stripper

drake a pillow cushion nikka and should never be mentioned with nas and jay-z
you must love me/lucky me jay got a bunch just not the majority.

That's what I'm saying you get too emotional, you get called a bi*ch

More emotion on some songs would be welcome as long as they didn't overdo it. But yeah fu*k drake
 6 years ago '07        #40
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
Nas > Jay-Z x 43050
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
87 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
43 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
99 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
56 comments
20 hours ago