How Many People Think Nas Is A Boring Rapper?

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
145 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
86 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
6530 pageviews
118 comments

Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
How Many People Think Nas Is A Boring Rapper?

I never knew this many people considered nas boring I think it's mostly young money fans but I'm not sure

People that think nas is boring can you tell me why is it his content? That he doesn't use lex luger beats?

I can listen to nas all the time I can understand why people call common Lupe and j.cole boring but nas image

118 comments for "How Many People Think Nas Is A Boring Rapper?"

6 years ago '05        #2
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
I don't ever think Nas is boring:cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '10        #3
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,801 | Props total: 5237 5237
i hate young money and i think nas is generally boring and a snoozefest
 6 years ago '04        #4
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,024 | Props total: 19616 19616
Top 5. I think due to his beat selection people consider him boring. They want poppin beats, and know Nas can murk em...thats all.
 6 years ago '08        #5
Gmo BlaZe 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,886 | Props total: 676 676
he isn't boring but I couldn't listen to him much. I'm constantly changing it up.
 03-19-2012, 11:30 AM         #6
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas, J. Cole, Joe Budden, Lupe and the rest of those bums are soo fxcking boring. But Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Wiz Khalifa, and Flocka are all the opposite of boring.
 6 years ago '08        #7
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,530 | Props total: 17150 17150
lil sh*t stain underwears a.ss bi*ches
 6 years ago '04        #8
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,024 | Props total: 19616 19616
 TrueHopTunes said:
Nas, J. Cole, Joe Budden, Lupe and the rest of those bums are soo fxcking boring. But Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Wiz Khalifa, and Flocka are all the opposite of boring.
^^
doesn't understand lyricism.
 6 years ago '11        #9
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
nas is one of my fav rappers, & he's in my top 5.
with that being said, he's boring to me at times. has nothing to do with lex luger beats, or being a "new hop hop fan" or whatever ignorant sh*t you're telling yourself as to why some think he's boring.
so there's no reason he just boring sometimes for nothing

I gave the reasons I heard before
 6 years ago '06        #10
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,906 | Props total: 7588 7588
It's nothing boring about nas' lyrics or the beats. If you aren't a fan of the classical hard core hip hop sound (I.e. the boom bap snare drum sound from tracks like dopeman- nwa, Mr. Scarface is back - ghetto boys,know the ledge - rakim, you be illin- run dmc, short texas -ugk etc.) Then maybe some of his tracks aren't for you.

I like hip hop with r&b and hip hop with a lil techno influence sounds cool when done right, but I also like the sound of hip hop music by itself. Lex lugar is hip hop to me as well, I love some of his work, its a newer sound and that's cool too, but with so many other rappers using that sound, its exciting to hear something more hardcore in the current hip hop game.
 6 years ago '05        #11
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
 TrueHopTunes said:
good input troll
 6 years ago '04        #12
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,791 | Props total: 1796 1796
He's in my top 5 but probably the person I listen to the least in that 5, I can understand why alot of people think he's boring

his tone is damn near monotonous, his flow rarely ever changes, and he always usually likes to "describe" things rather than telling you how he feels in a passionate way. I remember someone making a thread about how Nas doesn't really sound like he's having fun when he raps, I can somewhat see that. He's like a college professor delivering a lecture, dude be articulate and at times dropping knowledge but for some reason his enthusiasm doesn't come across as well. In that same sense you learn more about other shyt (if you're willing to sit through the "lecture") than you learn about the lecturer himself (Nas). Most people who listen to music like to relate to the artist's emotions,views, sentimental thoughts and relate them to their own life. Nas doesn't really do that well/often , he'd rather be the rap version of the history/discovery channel.

Difference between Nas and Jay/Biggie/Pac/Eminem is the difference between a good movie and a good documentary (Nas) . Nas be dropping alot of knowledge but it just misses that extra "dimension" of emotion, personality, humor, sentimentalism that the other greats are alot better at getting across to the listener. Straight up he just lacks CHARISMA, personality is very important in rap in terms of grabbing and keeping the listener's attention. He also has very little versatility, he has the same problem Jada does in the sense of all his verses sounding similar.

It all boils down to Nas just NOT being that interesting as a person, you ever seen his interviews? It's like watching paint dry, that's why he has to rap about "other" shyt in the world in order to keep the listeners attention because Nasir Jones the person is somewhat of a boring guy.

*steps back and waits for the psychotic and maniacal Nas fans to come at me *

Last edited by psylence2k; 03-19-2012 at 12:42 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #13
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
^
Puttting emotion/sentimentalism into songs is hardly Jay's strong suit. In fact, I would say that is the thing he is weakest on.

Anyway Nas isn't boring to me. Not bothered if someone says he is though.

Last edited by Mocking Mind; 03-19-2012 at 12:19 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #14
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
Nas is a thinking man's/woman's rapper. Lyrically he's never been boring.
His beat/concept selection has been questionable though.

Nas had the best verse on the entire Carter IV album.
 6 years ago '11        #15
BuckedCrazy 46 heat pts46
space
space
$5,048 | Props total: 1513 1513
Aint gonna lie,I use to listen to that distant relatives to fall asleep.
 03-19-2012, 12:23 PM         #16
mk88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ballergenetics said:
some of his beat selection, charisma, lack of energy.....
same exact reasons i thought

after stillmatic....i dunno, i cant get into him for some reason
 6 years ago '04        #17
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
Nas is in my top 3 but he can get boring and his beat selection more often than not sucks.
 03-19-2012, 12:30 PM         #18
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:
I never knew this many people considered nas boring I think it's mostly young money fans but I'm not sure

People that think nas is boring can you tell me why is it his content? That he doesn't use lex luger beats?

I can listen to nas all the time I can understand why people call common Lupe and j.cole boring but nas
Better question is "how many people are too fu*king dumb to understand what a intelligent rapper puts out........cause thats really what it is.........
 6 years ago '11        #19
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
 psylence2k said:
He's in my top 5 but probably the person I listen to the least in that 5, I can understand why alot of people think he's boring

his tone is damn near monotonous, his flow rarely ever changes, and he always usually likes to "describe" things rather than telling you how he feels in a passionate way. I remember someone making a thread about how Nas doesn't really sound like he's having fun when he raps, I can somewhat see that. He's like a college professor delivering a lecture, dude be articulate and at times dropping knowledge but for some reason his enthusiasm doesn't come across as well. In that same sense you learn more about other shyt (if you're willing to sit through the "lecture") than you learn about the lecturer himself (Nas). Most people who listen to music like to relate to the artist's emotions,views, sentimental thoughts and relate them to their own life. Nas doesn't really do that well/often , he'd rather be the rap version of the history/discovery channel.

Difference between Nas and Jay/Biggie/Pac/Eminem is the difference between a good movie and a good documentary (Nas) . Nas be dropping alot of knowledge but it just misses that extra "dimension" of emotion, personality, humor, sentimentalism that the other greats are alot better at getting across to the listener. Straight up he just lacks CHARISMA, personality is very important in rap in terms of grabbing and keeping the listener's attention. He also has very little versatility, he has the same problem Jada does in the sense of all his verses sounding similar.

*steps back and waits for the psychotic and maniacal Nas fans to come at me *

6 years ago '04        #20
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,791 | Props total: 1796 1796
 Mocking Mind said:
^
Puttting emotion/sentimentalism into songs is hardly Jay's strong suit. In fact, I would say that is the thing he is weakest on.

Anyway Nas isn't boring to me. Not bothered if someone says he is though.
You're right, Jay is number 4 in my top 5 as far as emotion goes.

He's damn near on the same level as Nas but the only thing that puts him above IMO is that he gets alot more personal than Nas. Listeners feel like they know Jay more than Nas. Since day 1 Jay has always delivered a more intimate/introspective/personal narrative for the listener to connect to. Even if his personality is kinda dry/serious, his words do a good job of conveying the emotions he feels by describing the "thoughts" and the "actions" that they cause him to do.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
239 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
92 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy