?uestlove Gives Jay Electronica LP Update & More: "It has no singles. Jay-Z wants a single."

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
No single sounds good to me. Sound like Jay Elect is making the music he wants to make. Too bad we probably won't get to hear it for another couple years.
 6 years ago '06        #22
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
$8,222 | Props total: 4508 4508
he should just make a single,even if its poppy,he owes us a album,its like when charles hamilton couldve made "pink lavalamp" if he added "brooklyn girls" on there it wouldve helped him more in his career but he didnt want to,look at j.cole he had workout which helped him big time
 6 years ago '09        #23
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 3501 3501
Damn. Looks like the album will get delayed much much longer..
 6 years ago '11        #24
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
$32,946 | Props total: 8814 8814

[video - click to view]

single material?
 6 years ago '09        #25
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
I think Elec needs 2 other artists who are capable of making singles help him out. Except I really can't name 2 artists who could mesh with him and create a single

Maybe Elec x Wale x Gaga

fu*k it, I'm done.
 03-17-2012, 05:30 AM         #26
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats what he get for signing to that sellout

jay will make sure all his comp is on the self
 6 years ago '10        #27
truerenegade62 
space
space
$370 | Props total: 243 243
Jay needs to stop keeping this album for himself, and let the fans pick a single. Give a listening party and let some real hiphop heads choose... Or just drop the album... Either way...
 03-17-2012, 07:35 AM         #28
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ice wolf said:
Jay-Z needs to fall back on this.

He should just let the homie come with some lyricism and drop some new material for the heads. he's probably not gonna sell more than 100k regardless.
Uh, why? Apparently you don't understand the purposes of the music BUSINESS. It's about making MONEY. What's the point of just throwing out albums? You won't be in business long like that.

If Electronica just wanted to "drop some new material for the heads" then he wouldn't have signed, period he would have just released his music.
 03-17-2012, 07:36 AM         #29
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 truerenegade62 said:
Jay needs to stop keeping this album for himself, and let the fans pick a single. Give a listening party and let some real hiphop heads choose... Or just drop the album... Either way...
Yea cause I'm sure the "fans" would be better at picking a single than fu*king Jay-Z there's a reason they're fans on a message board while he's a multiplatinum artist.
 6 years ago '05        #30
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,045 | Props total: 824 824
"ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONAYYYY, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONAYYYY" - Vince McMahon
 6 years ago '04        #31
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2835 2835
 One Gud Cide said:
Yea cause I'm sure the "fans" would be better at picking a single than fu*king Jay-Z there's a reason they're fans on a message board while he's a multiplatinum artist.
whatever

I think the fact that hes a multiplatinum artist is whats making him try and put jay elec in a box and have him have a single like j coles workout

When really he needs to be viewing Jay elec as a different kind of artist and go about the single process in a different way

like. . .look at Tyler the Creator and Yonkers. Aint sh*t about that song that screams single. But yet it got him TONS of attention.
 6 years ago '10        #32
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
 NineFour said:
I doubt he can craft a single that will do relatively well without it being mad corny
Naw, I think he's talented enough to do so. I mean Lupe has two top 10 hits.
 6 years ago '11        #33
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Ain't this n*gga like 40 years old?

You to old let it go
 6 years ago '05        #34
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,195 | Props total: 11803 11803
 Kingpin 313 said:
Ain't this n*gga like 40 years old?

You to old let it go
n*gga Jay-Z is 42. What's your point.
 6 years ago '11        #35
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Hov knows that if he puts Jay Electronica album out it will flop...and even yall "real hip hop heads" wont buy it. Dont matter if its classic if nobody will hear it. Tell that n*gga put a r&b hook on the album & call it a day
 03-17-2012, 11:26 AM         #36
DoubleD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THEINFAMOUS said:
n*gga Jay-Z is 42. What's your point.
Jayz been rapping for two decades...
 03-17-2012, 11:49 AM         #37
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 abstractq said:
whatever

I think the fact that hes a multiplatinum artist is whats making him try and put jay elec in a box and have him have a single like j coles workout

When really he needs to be viewing Jay elec as a different kind of artist and go about the single process in a different way

like. . .look at Tyler the Creator and Yonkers. Aint sh*t about that song that screams single. But yet it got him TONS of attention.
ok...but look at all the internet "famous" rappers that get massive hype off of one song, ridiculous amount of views....and then the album is a complete flop (lil b, v-nasty, all these other terrible rappers).

jay obviously wants sales, not pointless views. rap is a business.

look at budden, his biggest song ever (and the highest point album/sales/everything) wise is when he was on def jam, look at him now he can't make a hit song to save his life yet his "fans" hype it up and then he goes wood.
 03-17-2012, 11:52 AM         #38
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay's my favorite emcee but fu*k this camel

Quest, Hov, and everyone who heard Act II know it's a masterpiece

No one except the heads are going to buy this, no singles needed
 03-17-2012, 11:53 AM         #39
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tyler the creators a kid though...Jay Electronicas to grown up for that type of wave.

Dude recorded most of his album in Africa too..They've spent ALOT of money on this project so far, so something is going to have to come of it. Pretty sure theyre gonna get him in with a couple of hitmakers and see what they can come up with.

They could go the common route with the project and just hope to sell 4-500K but the thing is...theyve spent so much to the point where they need to get good returns off the sh*t.
 6 years ago '07        #40
Jayceon 492 heat pts492 OP
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 913 913
 drumgangP said:
Tyler the creators a kid though...Jay Electronicas to grown up for that type of wave.

Dude recorded most of his album in Africa too..They've spent ALOT of money on this project so far, so something is going to have to come of it. Pretty sure theyre gonna get him in with a couple of hitmakers and see what they can come up with.

They could go the common route with the project and just hope to sell 4-500K but the thing is...theyve spent so much to the point where they need to get good returns off the sh*t.
how much have they spent, insider?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago