most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
7715 pageviews
144 comments

jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
Stop the Linsanity? Knicks may change PG under new Knicks coach

[pic - click to view]

Jeremy Lin’s days as a starting point guard could be numbered.

When Mike D'Antoni walked away from the Knicks he may have taken Linsanity with him, as the role in the offense will change dramatically under new head coach Mike Woodson.

The feeling among the Knicks, and around the NBA for that matter, is that Baron Davis is better suited to run Mike Woodson's offense and that the veteran point guard could replace Lin within two weeks.

"Again, Jeremy's in a learning stage and everybody is as far as I'm concerned with me being the head coach," Woodson said following his first practice since replacing D'Antoni. "They've got to know what I'm about and that I'm thinking, especially the point guards that play.

"They've got to know what I want and they've got to know the players around them and who's feeling what during the course of the game. And be able to distribute the ball and still be able to do their thing as well."

In D'Antoni's point guard-centric offense, the ball was in Lin's hands as the Knicks ran countless pick-and-rolls. Woodson prefers to run isolation and post-up plays which will feature Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire.

"I just think he's going to utilize his leading scorers, myself and Carmelo," Stoudemire said. "He's going to utilize us and take advantage of every opportunity out there on the court. We've been profound scorers all our careers, so he's going to make sure he takes at advantage of that."

The Knicks are 10-9 with Lin as a starter and is expected to make his 20th start tonight against the Indiana Pacers. Lin was working with the first unit at Thursday's practice in Greenburgh, N.Y.

Lin flourished in D'Antoni's system and led them to seven straight wins in February. However, his production tailed off as his popularity grew. Lin suddenly became a marked man and has been badly outplayed by Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, Tony Parker and Lou Williams during losses to the Nets, Celtics, Spurs and Sixers respectively.

"I mean, I love D'Antoni's system," Lin said on Wednesday. "It was perfect for me. But I had never been in D'Antoni's system until this year. I played in another system prior to this year. So, it's like going back to what I was doing before and stuff like that."
D'Antoni's fallout with Anthony was accelerated when the former coach made it clear that he wanted to Lin to be the focal point of the offense. Anthony admittedly struggled to adjust to a lesser role. Woodson, however, intends to lean heavily on his two proven All Stars.

"It's everybody's ballclub," Woodson said after practice Thursday. "I want everybody to feel comfortable. When I put a guy in the game, he's got a shot. I want him to feel comfortable about making that shot. But I want everybody to know, when it comes to nut-cutting time and I've got a big shot, I'm going to Melo and Amar'e and guys that have done it."

Woodson has already established a repoire with Davis and he also coached Mike Bibby in Atlanta. Lin is only in his second year and Woodson may have inadvertently been referring to Lin when he remembered something his first Knicks coach, Red Holzman, told him.

"He taught me that rookies were to sit and listen and learn," Woodson said. "That taught me a valuable lesson I think way back when."

Even if Davis eventually starts, Lin will still be part of the rotation. He's earned those minutes but Lin can sense that in the ever changing world of Madison Square Garden, more change is coming.

"We're going to use more post-ups," Lin said. "I don't know if the shot distribution is going to be any different. I think the way that we get the shots is going to be different."

Lin and D'Antoni grew close over their short time together and on the second year point guard from Harvard texted his former coach on Wednesday and said it was "sad, very sad, to see him go."

"He told me to stay aggressive and keep working hard," Lin added. "A lot of things he had been preaching to me about during the year."

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Jeremy Lin's starting role could end with new NY Knicks coach Mike Woodson, who could point to Baron Davis as new guard - NY Daily News

144 comments for "Stop the Linsanity? Knicks may change PG under new Knicks coach"

6 years ago '10        #2
stizz44 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,016 | Props total: 1906 1906
Linsanity is ovaaaa! And I'm happy :agreement6: Lin made the Knicks look like they actually were going to be good.

Celtics need to win that Atlanitc Division Title! :grin2:
 03-16-2012, 11:02 AM         #3
coolbeans 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k that n*gga....
 6 years ago '04        #4
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,567 | Props total: 2837 2837
Lin gon have about 150 Yakuzas outside the garden if some sh*t like that happens
 6 years ago '04        #5
jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545 OP
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
 abstractq said:
Lin gon have about 150 Yakuzas outside the garden if some sh*t like that happens
Ignorance knows no bounds Yakuza is Japanese not Taiwanese/Chinese...smh
 6 years ago '05        #6
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Lin is MUCH better with the second unit so this is the right move

he should still get close to starter minutes though
 6 years ago '10        #7
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,618 | Props total: 30600 30600
Bandwagon Lin fans hate Melo
 6 years ago '05        #8
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,933 | Props total: 30337 30337
Back to the d league bi*ch
 6 years ago '05        #9
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,915 | Props total: 719 719
It was all good three weeks ago.
 6 years ago '11        #10
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,197 | Props total: 0 0
What ever is good for the team do it.. fu*k what these bandwagon/media want.
 6 years ago '09        #11
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,435 | Props total: 12370 12370
That's a damn shame what they are doing up there and whats crazier is how its the brothers doing him wrong and hating on his shine.
 6 years ago '10        #12
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,381 | Props total: 9661 9661
 27Lives said:
What ever is good for the team do it.. fu*k what these bandwagon/media want.
This...
 6 years ago '09        #13
space
space
D leaguer or not, undrafted or not and basically twist it how you want but you aren't a scrub putting up the numbers Lin put up when he was balling. You have to be a very talented muthafu*ka and the Knicks as usual are about to ruin what could have been a good thing.

I guess they like losing
 03-16-2012, 11:49 AM         #14
King Jove 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's the new york knicks, not the new york jeremy lin's

if it's better for the team, then they should consider it. he plays better with the 2nd unit anyways.

lin is lucky he's getting as much minutes he's getting with the way the turns the ball over.

but i doubt he sits on the bench, too much of a money maker.

Last edited by King Jove; 03-16-2012 at 11:51 AM..
 03-16-2012, 11:49 AM         #15
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's going to start tonight.

Al Iannazzone ‏ @Al_Iannazzone
Lin said he met with Woodson this morning and was told he's the starting point guard and not to worry about anything else.

You think Dolan is going to let this money maker sit on the bench? lol
 6 years ago '08        #16
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
"I mean, I love D'Antoni's system," Lin said on Wednesday. "It was perfect for me. But I had never been in D'Antoni's system until this year. I played in another system prior to this year. So, it's like going back to what I was doing before and stuff like that."

[pic - click to view]

@ the ny media. no shame
 6 years ago '04        #17
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
fu*k it. this whole things was a gimmick from the start and the only winners here are the ones who made some $$ off of it. This a better decision in the long run. The knicks really cant afford to roll with a PG who turns the ball over 20 times a game and has such a poor shot selection. Only place he would start (realistically) is on Bobcat-quaity teams, which isnt saying much.

Baron at the point with Melo, Stat, Chandler somehow finding a way to play together.
 6 years ago '09        #18
space
space
 babalou said:
fu*k it. this whole things was a gimmick from the start and the only winners here are the ones who made some $$ off of it. This a better decision in the long run. The knicks really cant afford to roll with a PG who turns the ball over 20 times a game and has such a poor shot selection. Only place he would start (realistically) is on Bobcat-quaity teams, which isnt saying much.

Baron at the point with Melo, Stat, Chandler somehow finding a way to play together.
A gimmick? A gimmick that broke records and got W's?

This is why I come through this joint daily. sh*t like this is comical
 6 years ago '05        #19
kingpin222 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,693 | Props total: 2239 2239
Ya'll are crazy, Baron been playing w/ the bench this whole time ya'll think he's gonna be cooking the same way he has against starters? Teams are designing defenses to stop Lin. You don't bench Lin as if his productivity was the reason we've been losing.
 6 years ago '04        #20
Pichito25 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,182 | Props total: 59 59
 Gattsau said:
Won't happen, Lin gets called overrated but baron hasn't been any better and always takes bad shots.

Y'all can hate all u want Lin is legit u f*ggots.
Lin was good with the Dantoni offense! .......they dont play dat sh*t no more son!

now he will be as good as he was on his other teams that cut him....that also didnt play dat sh*t!
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
84 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
54 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
83 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy