Rick Ross Wants to Renegotiate His Deal With Def Jam and speaks on pill

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
138 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
86 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #81
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2169 2169
...n*ggas in here going ham on speculations and a.ssumptions tho!?..

...Soundin like clowns acting like they know sh*t as if they was in the room during negotiations..

..all n*ggas need to know is Ross career is still on the incline.. And the label or any idiot can see that..
 6 years ago '12        #82
Prostyle 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,438 | Props total: 944 944
Throw Drake and Wayne on every other track.
????????
Profit
 6 years ago '11        #83
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
So equals is acting like a mill downloads is actual purchased product now lol yell™
 6 years ago '04        #84
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,716 | Props total: 787 787
Rick Ross doesn't have commercial appeal to the extent that a Jay or Kanye does. He will never do big numbers though he'll remain hot on the "streets".
 6 years ago '05        #85
theylikeme05 
space
space
$2,660 | Props total: 366 366
Ross my n*gga but he like Harold Melvin without the blue notes...
 6 years ago '10        #86
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,238 | Props total: 1285 1285
 drumgangP said:

Oh.
Not mainstream enough. Not soft enough for white people and the bi*ches.

Also, you should have used Maybach Music 2 as your example, because it would have been a lot better one. He sold a lot more records because of that song and all its radio/mainstream play it received.

Lastly, he's not a rapper thats going to sell 1 million copies out the gates as he don't got hardly any women buying his sh*t, with the likes of Kanye, Wayne and Drake.

This really isn't hard to understand.

Dude makes records for the streets with a small amount of mainstream thrown in.

People complain when people sell out and go mainstream and people bi*ch when they dont sell enough records and laugh at them because they arent mainstream enough.

Thank You.

Last edited by rek0nize; 03-15-2012 at 04:00 AM..
 6 years ago '12        #87
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
SMH at everyone in this thread that fall for the bs that this negga is feeding you. Ask yourself this, how can you be 100% with the label but want to renegotiate your contract? How isit that i'm in S.A n i know that this negga is in court ryt now for the same shiit that happend before he released Teflon Don? The bs that this fat mafuccka is feeding to the public is all lies jus to protect hes image, this negga is still f!ghting to keep another man's name, i saw that article about 3weeks ago n i actually thort that i was gna c it here coz Boxden is always ontop of shiit but i gues when you a fan of someone thn you forget to post certain articles about your fav artist:guns:...

Anyway wht you guys are doing is falling ryt into the so called trap n thats talking about the bs thats being feed to you, this fat negga can only lie for so long coz that case will go public soon n hes gna get exposed for being ignorant in court too... This negga have absolutely no problems at Def Jam, that court case is the only thing stopping him from release God Forgives, Frauds Dnt album... Read between the lines neggas... why the fucck would you hold back your so called hottest artist that has a so called buzz at the moment? It's all smoke and mirrors my neggas, stop being sheep n open your eyes

Fucck Rick Ross Forever!
 6 years ago '04        #88
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
^^^^^^^^ Who was your English teacher????? They have these symbols called periods ya know....
 6 years ago '12        #89
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 CA$H MONEY said:
^^^^^^^^ Who was your English teacher????? They have these symbols called periods ya know....
if thats all you have to say thn u might aswell have kept quiet... If u coudnt understand what i jus said thn u should go back to your teacher and fucck him/her up for never making u read in class... I feel sori for u my negga keep ur tooter on speed dial
 6 years ago '04        #90
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,631 | Props total: 3161 3161
 Kid Cunner said:
Ross's singles never really crossover, he's only big on urban radio for the most part. You Da Boss was charting pretty decently, but that song hasn't really been pushed at all. Still no video either. And why would he get dropped, consistently going well over gold with every album is bad now?
No going gold is not a problem but when its all that you have ever been tho even with us pushing you as hard as def jam did is last year you would have thought ross was a mutli platinum selling artist so they gambled and put jeezy to the back and ross to the front and sh*t still didnt work if this album goes gold its over plus all his beats sound the same unless lex or mikewillmadeit made the beat prime example rich forever
 03-15-2012, 06:11 AM         #91
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MONSTALOCC said:
Translation=PI double L didn't sell out and follow suit of these clown a.ss rappers. OK DENN
It's not selling out. It's his inability to capture you on a song, dude can rhyme for days. But he gets old fast, he sounds like he doesn't wanna do it when he is doing it and it's been that way since his "break through" mixtape.
 6 years ago '04        #92
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,368 | Props total: 6381 6381
 MONSTALOCC said:
Translation=PI double L didn't sell out and follow suit of these clown a.ss rappers. OK DENN
actually if you heard his songs on self made and his mixtape "the diagnosis" he tried to make a hit song. it just never worked
 03-15-2012, 07:54 AM         #93
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ross got a buzz but he ain't moving numbers like that....Def Jam askin him where the money at
 6 years ago '05        #94
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,085 | Props total: 4220 4220
tm103 went gold tho fellas
 6 years ago '07        #95
Royce207 
space
space
$2,958 | Props total: 3 3
 Pleasure Boy said:
if thats all you have to say thn u might aswell have kept quiet... If u coudnt understand what i jus said thn u should go back to your teacher and fucck him/her up for never making u read in class... I feel sori for u my negga keep ur tooter on speed dial
sownd it owt nd ettemt tu spel

Last edited by Royce207; 03-15-2012 at 08:18 AM..
 03-15-2012, 08:52 AM         #96
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ross's buzz is gone, the seizures hurt him and his image, Def Jam will support, but they not pushing him at all, hence his current situation.......E40 said it best

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #97
kingofdasouf 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,822 | Props total: 392 392
 justinjones said:
cash money? why not go to warner where his label is at
Bruh he originally said he wanted to keep his group and solo label separate to avoid record companies from pushing back group projects just to drop his solo joints. Almost like nah we not going to drop this MMG yet bc we want a Ross solo first. He avoids that problem
 6 years ago '11        #98
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 drumgangP said:

Oh.

Song popped into my head after I read that too.
 03-15-2012, 09:13 AM         #99
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 drumgangP said:
This. People dont realize that the people who run the label has changed to many damn times and when they change the leads, they change the staff. Just look at all the people who were in leadership roles at Def Jam in the past 5-6 years....Most of them are gone, RIP but one of em even committed suicide.

Hell they just announced a new leader today lmao.

People dumb enough to think Jeezy or Ross have anything to do with each others releases deserve to stay ignorant. One is a consistent platinum artist, the other is a very popular consistent gold selling artist. Going Gold or platinum in this climate are both great things. Hell selling 300K in a business where you can have a hot single, but only sell 80K is a great thing.

He wants to restructure his deal because he probably wants to make more off his singles, and give up a bit more on the album side of things. It'd prove lucrative for both he and the label if this were done. Hes not going to get dropped, because competing labels like Warner, Atlantic, Cash Money, or Interscope would love to have him registering singles in the Hot 100 for them.

Hes never going to go platinum though...I mean hes done everything possible at this point to attract more sales and it hasnt happened....He had the hottest songs out, still no plat, he had the hottest collabos on his sh*t, still no plat, he had the controversies and the beef sh*t...still no plat...He had the better music(Teflon Don/Deeper Than Rap) still no plat.....At this point to go platinum he'd need Adele singing his hooks and Eminem/Dr. Dre executive producing...cause hes tried everything else and they dont know where to go next.... And even though Im not to fond of the guy as of late, i'll admit he doesnt need to.

^^^^this..People need to realize that in this current climate in the music industry, his gold consistency is considered a success, especially when you add to the fact that he tours constantly, has had a chokehold on the urban radio this past year with his and his MMG artists. He honestly doesnt have to go platinum, that would only be a feather in his cap to silence the naysayers that doubt his selling ability. I honestly think that he will eventually cross that threshold but its about the right timing, right things in place, and the right single that will put him there and havemt found it just yet.
 6 years ago '11        #100
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 rek0nize said:
Not mainstream enough. Not soft enough for white people and the bi*ches.

Also, you should have used Maybach Music 2 as your example, because it would have been a lot better one. He sold a lot more records because of that song and all its radio/mainstream play it received.

Lastly, he's not a rapper thats going to sell 1 million copies out the gates as he don't got hardly any women buying his sh*t, with the likes of Kanye, Wayne and Drake.

This really isn't hard to understand.

Dude makes records for the streets with a small amount of mainstream thrown in.

People complain when people sell out and go mainstream and people bi*ch when they dont sell enough records and laugh at them because they arent mainstream enough.

Thank You.
Jeezy has done the same sh*t. And you can't tell me that Jeezy's records were more easier to grasp for an outside audience than Ross' were. With records like "We takin Ova" and "Push It". Way more crossover appeal especially compared to The Recession. But Jeezy has been steady outselling Ross, and dude just started making relationship songs and songs for the girls this album. So what do you say to that?
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago