Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
50 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-14-2012, 09:07 PM         #61
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MONSTALOCC said:
whew props to drumgang for saving the thread from fu*kboy status

But as far as the topic goes, this is NOT a good look for ralse.
Eh its the life lol. Last week I smoked great weed with one of the lead exec a&r's at sony musi(got video! Lol)c, while in a multiplat artists studio session with his artists/label also present.....this week I argue the music biz with some random message board user.

Its all good tho lol its funny.

And now were parking....time to watch this wack tyler perry flick with the misses lmao
 6 years ago '10        #62
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13662 13662
 drumgangP said:
Eh its the life lol. Last week I smoked great weed with one of the lead exec a&r's at sony musi(got video! Lol)c, while in a multiplat artists studio session with his artists/label also present.....this week I argue the music biz with some random message board user.

And now were parking....time to watch this wack tyler perry flick with the misses lmao
1st Iggy with the ear torture and now Tyler Perry?

[pic - click to view]

I envy and pity you @ the same damn time.
 6 years ago '12        #63
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,115 | Props total: 11383 11383
 drumgangP said:

Conversely, you critique a person., with over 3 million records sold, such is lfe.
 6 years ago '12        #64
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,115 | Props total: 11383 11383
 Graftedgenes said:
What's good fam-fam

These dudes is weirdos, they hate any type of music or any person that doesn't cater to them or make them feel like they are a part of the movement.

Let's start with the first post: The ignorant T/S says "Dude Rick Ross struggles to go Gold dude"......and then other idiots actually believe it. Let's look at the numbers:

Port of Miami = 850,000
Trilla = 650,000
Deeper than Rap = 430,000
Teflon Don = 700,000

So even when your average is 650,000 sold and you only sold less than 600,000 once in your career idiots will still say you "struggled" to get to 500,000......that's stupidity.

But that's just the half, these other brain-damaged idiots will say "Dude he has never been platinum dude Nd he tries to go platinum dude and he can't dude".....and then other idiots co-sign but let's look at these facts:

99% of rappers don't even go Gold in this era....99.5% don't go Platinum.

Since Ross debut in 2006 only 9 artists have gone Platinum and only about 12 have gone Gold.....that's 5 years bruh.

HipHop genre averages 2 Platinums and 3 Golds a year and most of them albums be heavily POP influenced like YMCMB & B.O.B or off-brand like Lupe & Cudi.

What Rozay need to do as an artist is maintain his formula and not let geeks and side-haters convince him to dilute his music just to get some extra sells and end up with an album like "Curtis" or "Lasers".

So yeah man you know how we build & add-on...conversate on the culture, I'm glad to see a movement keeping the essence alive in the mainstream.

This lame can't even spell right^^^^^

sh*ts crazy to me,Rozay is one of the top selling artists today. I believe he takes the next step, while still maintaining his base.

Even people favorite artists believe that, but when they hear these people who are his peers say so, they dismiss it, and attack that person's credibility. Dre, Puff, mary j, Trae, bun b, Jada and countless others will tell you, but I guess if you smoke high grade with a guy from a label, makes your opinion more valid than those "so called legends"
 6 years ago '11        #65
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 Kid Cunner said:
And also Rich Forever is like the most downloaded mixtape ever according to Dat Piff. Over 1.1 million downloads in a couple months, people are obviously checking for his music. Not sure how his album could really do worse than Gold once again.
Cause you gotta buy those albums. He was hot so people were gonna download his tape, he's losing steam now tho, and 2 Chainz is the newest hot n*gga.
 6 years ago '08        #66
The N 467 heat pts467
space
space
$45,553 | Props total: 17208 17208
He doesn't sell records, this fake a.ss is not that type of rapper
 6 years ago '11        #67
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 drumgangP said:
Rappers make claims that albums are done all the time. I was once in a prominent southern rappers studio session who claimed his project was done for an entire year....and watched him record 3 s ongs that ended up on that particular album that released 3-4 weeks later

The 'my album been done' claim is synonmous with them saying little catch phrases like "im on my grind" or "im on my job"

At this point he more than likely has 20-30 songs recorded in the same feel, and from this point he and his A&R will be taking them to the label so they can hope to get the promo budget rolling. If hes really making attempts at reworking his deal he'll probably put out another single like he did with the 2 that just flopped, and then work on it some more until they give his management numbers they can agree on.

If he were smart though he'd go ahead and satisfy the # of discs he owes his respective label, while getting ready to do a blockbuster deal to sign himself to his own label, under where he currently houses his label(Remember when Outkast did the same thing?). In otherwords it'd be smart to finish the deal with Def Jam as is, and take whatever extra hype he can build off of this next project to make a sweeter deal in pretty much signing himself to Warner/MMG. Its happening right now with another artist named T.I. in Atlanta...notice how all the acts hes signed as of late are doing Interscope/Grand Hustle deals....i.e. D.O.P.E, Iggy Azalea, and even his own Daughters group OMG Girls. Tip has this last album with Atlantic, and hes moving to interscope. Gonna be a big deal for him

But hey I dont know what im talking about according to 14 year olds on boxden that just download the sh*t

Also the idea that having this executive who he worked with on deals at Warner will some how give him "leverage" on his competition is completely false. The exec is new, his job will be to satisfy any and all tasks ID'd by major artists/execs at that label. In otherwords artists that have statistically performed well will receive top priority, artists who havent, wont. Prime example is Jay Z moving into Def Jam and putting artists like Method Man/Redman on limited budgets while giving budgets to those who actually had buzz/plaques coming in, aka Ne-yo/Young Jeezy
What happens to say, B.o.B when T.I.'s contract is up? He stays over on Atlantic?
 6 years ago '10        #68
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,284 | Props total: 23794 23794
baby stays winnin..
 6 years ago '04        #69
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,551 | Props total: 2656 2656
 Kid Cunner said:
Ross's singles never really crossover, he's only big on urban radio for the most part. You Da Boss was charting pretty decently, but that song hasn't really been pushed at all. Still no video either. And why would he get dropped, consistently going well over gold with every album is bad now?
Well over gold????
 6 years ago '08        #70
damion_mob_30 
space
space
$545 | Props total: 2 2
 Kid Cunner said:
Ross's singles never really crossover, he's only big on urban radio for the most part. You Da Boss was charting pretty decently, but that song hasn't really been pushed at all. Still no video either. And why would he get dropped, consistently going well over gold with every album is bad now?
Get your facts right buddie!! 1 gold album!! What do you mean consistently going gold??? You are just as delusional as officer ricky is!! YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST! THIS IS RICK'S LAST YEAR OF BEING HOT!! HE IS ALREADY FALLING OFF AS I TYPE!! RICH FOREVER SUCKED!!
 03-14-2012, 11:40 PM         #71
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i say fu*k it, go independent. i need to see research on physical album sales nowadays.

i think album sales account for very little of that mans net worth. with his investments, show money, etc....

selling gold in the urban market is GREAT. Platinum artists go platinum because they are huge with white people. Drake gets his songs covered by white girls. Lil Wayne is.....a white boy. They are the only huge crossover rappers other than flo rida and pit bull. well and kanye.
 6 years ago '08        #72
damion_mob_30 
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
What's good fam-fam

These dudes is weirdos, they hate any type of music or any person that doesn't cater to them or make them feel like they are a part of the movement.

Let's start with the first post: The ignorant T/S says "Dude Rick Ross struggles to go Gold dude"......and then other idiots actually believe it. Let's look at the numbers:

Port of Miami = 850,000
Trilla = 650,000
Deeper than Rap = 430,000
Teflon Don = 700,000

So even when your average is 650,000 sold and you only sold less than 600,000 once in your career idiots will still say you "struggled" to get to 500,000......that's stupidity.

But that's just the half, these other brain-damaged idiots will say "Dude he has never been platinum dude Nd he tries to go platinum dude and he can't dude".....and then other idiots co-sign but let's look at these facts:

99% of rappers don't even go Gold in this era....99.5% don't go Platinum.

Since Ross debut in 2006 only 9 artists have gone Platinum and only about 12 have gone Gold.....that's 5 years bruh.

HipHop genre averages 2 Platinums and 3 Golds a year and most of them albums be heavily POP influenced like YMCMB & B.O.B or off-brand like Lupe & Cudi.

What Rozay need to do as an artist is maintain his formula and not let geeks and side-haters convince him to dilute his music just to get some extra sells and end up with an album like "Curtis" or "Lasers".

So yeah man you know how we build & add-on...conversate on the culture, I'm glad to see a movement keeping the essence alive in the mainstream.

This lame can't even spell right^^^^^
Port of Miami 857,000 )
Trilla= 700,000 copies

Deeper Than Rap which Rick Ross claimed that if "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" by '50 Cent sold 10 million copies, then my next record ('Deeper than Rap') will sell 12 million 439,000

Teflon Don 682,000 GOLD )

Bottom line is Ross is an overhyped delusional rapper!! These numbers have increased im sure because of the label buying them but hell you nikkas like lil B so you love rick false!! Jeezy is better whether you like it or not! Ross was hot for a minute but where is the album?? Some of you nikkas believe any and everything! he only wants to negotiate because if he doesnt go platinum this time the gig is up!
Who ever says artist dont go platinum these days is a fu*king lie!!! If you talk like officer ricky does then you should be doing kanye numbers!!!
The gig is up!!!!!!!!!! Your bodyguiard Ricky is losing steam my friend just admit and embrace it!! sh*t happens!!

Last edited by damion_mob_30; 03-14-2012 at 11:43 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #73
Kaliz ChamP 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,690 | Props total: 533 533
If you don't purchase albums via itunes, amazon or the store.. k!ll that record sales sh*t
 6 years ago '08        #74
damion_mob_30 
space
space
 Kaliz ChamP said:
If you don't purchase albums via itunes, amazon or the store.. k!ll that record sales sh*t
why k!ll the record sales sh*t when officer ricky said he would sell 12 million?

Deeper Than Rap which Rick Ross claimed that if "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" by '50 Cent sold 10 million copies, then my next record ('Deeper than Rap') will sell 12 million. He said it I didnt!!
 6 years ago '10        #75
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,238 | Props total: 1285 1285
 23codez said:
WhaT is there to talk about with the label ? Dude has had the biggest buzz the past few years and STILL can't go platinum
He dont make soft enough songs or main stream enough songs to go platinum. I appreciate the fact he dont and you should too.
 03-15-2012, 12:32 AM         #76
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pill isn't marketable in any sense.

It's not even so much he doesn't have talent or nothing to say it's just dude just really doesn't seem to give a fu*k about music. Pill doesn't seem to have the desire to put out music for the masses or become a commodity. I've said it a million times on here he's just got like no personality when it comes to music or putting himself out there.

Yeah labels don't so much look for hardcore talent these days but whoever used the game and interscope situation is a fool because game has always been garbage unless 50 wrote for him.

Def Jam aint gonna rework sh*t with Ross. He can't pull the numbers.. And not being able to offer anything new content wise basically leaves him with no pull when he can't sell.

The gold vs. platinum argument is dumb there's more artists that hit platinum than you think. It's just not like back in the day when everyone does because no one is consistent anymore and only few artists have that undying fan base.
 6 years ago '10        #77
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13662 13662
 StatisticZ said:

It's not even so much he doesn't have talent or nothing to say it's just dude just really doesn't seem to give a fu*k about music. Pill doesn't seem to have the desire to put out music for the masses or become a commodity. I've said it a million times on here he's just got like no personality when it comes to music or putting himself out there.

Yeah labels don't so much look for hardcore talent these days but whoever used the game and interscope situation is a fool because game has always been garbage unless 50 wrote for him.

Def Jam aint gonna rework sh*t with Ross. He can't pull the numbers.. And not being able to offer anything new content wise basically leaves him with no pull when he can't sell.

The gold vs. platinum argument is dumb there's more artists that hit platinum than you think. It's just not like back in the day when everyone does because no one is consistent anymore and only few artists have that undying fan base.
Translation=PI double L didn't sell out and follow suit of these clown a.ss rappers. OK DENN
 6 years ago '08        #78
damion_mob_30 
space
space
 StatisticZ said:

Only reason why I bring it up is because Ross talks so big!
 03-15-2012, 01:14 AM         #79
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rek0nize said:
He dont make soft enough songs or main stream enough songs to go platinum. I appreciate the fact he dont and you should too.

[video - click to view]

Oh.
 6 years ago '10        #80
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21107 21107
How in the hell did this go 7 pa--

*skims through the previous pages*

Oh...

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago