Rick Ross Wants to Renegotiate His Deal With Def Jam and speaks on pill

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
310 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
5 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '12        #41
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,161 | Props total: 11466 11466
 drumgangP said:
Sorry I got wordy, but if you read it you'll understand.

Speaking of D.O.P.E, I produced 12 songs last year for Tips cousin whose in the group named Rich Kid Shawty. Stay on the lookout bx, ya boy bout to do another 12 and get some more checks

You might wanna check that thread out, Ross seems to believe this new hire is in his best interests. This is guy who gave Ross 10 million to join Warner, I think that can only help.
 03-14-2012, 06:31 PM         #42
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Monoblock said:
You forgot Jay Z himself on that list. Cats at Def Jam were pissed to see the President sucking up all the marketing dollars for his own album. The Roots were heated when their album dropped without any any kind of advertising or marketing. Meth/DMX/LL were all heated.
And LL was moving the same kind of units as Ross at that time. Gold/barely going gold with alright radio play/registering in the Hot 100.

None of this is really any controversy or worth really talking about...Ross is a bit of a hypebeast because he attempts to make situations that arent really THAT BIG, seem like theyre major boss moves. Artist rework their contracts all the time, hell they said Whitney Houston reworked her last contract over 20 times while getting loans from it in the past 2 years in a row and she wasnt even putting out music like that.

Its really just run of the mill business, the fact that its even being talked about is a shocker.
 03-14-2012, 06:35 PM         #43
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:

You might wanna check that thread out, Ross seems to believe this new hire is in his best interests. This is guy who gave Ross 10 million to join Warner, I think that can only help.
I was actually referencing that. 10 Million for his efforts on a group project with a group of buzzing hopefuls that have all covered magazines/did videos/been featured in the arena of majors aint really that big of a deal. Lets not forget 50 Just gave Shawty Lo 10 million to start a label and he hasnt had a hit since 07/08.

So put that in perspective and think about it. Interscope/Aftermath/G Unit approved a 10 million dollar deal for Shawty Lo and 2 or 3 artists he has on his roster with absolutely NO buzz, not even here in ATL...hell Shawty Lo hasnt been on ATL radio in almost a year or 2 tops.

vs

Ross fresh off BMF and signing a label with people actively buzzing/putting out projects/covering magazines and appearing on television.

Once again, hypebeast moves make it appear to be boss moves when really.............sh*t aint that big of a deal. 10 million for Ross on group projects, Wale, Meek Mill, Gunplay, Torch, the singing dude, DJ Scream, and the hope they develop a situation for Pill versus Shawty Lo and 2 or 3 of his homies.

Yeah................

Drake could go start a label with him, Tyga, and Lil Twist and get that 10 mill as a bonus, not even the actual full figures
 03-14-2012, 06:37 PM         #44
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Once again sorry for being wordy.
 6 years ago '12        #45
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
 drumgangP said:
No problem, I read good.

I'm no closet A&R, like I said I read good tho, pretty sure 50 set up a "fund" for shawty lo, no details on his ability to access those funds, while Ross was given an advance or "budget". Just speculating tho.

Take it a step further, just because 50 may have made a bad investment should not take away the significance 10 million $$ is. Some people sign Joe Johnson, some people get Lebron James.
 03-14-2012, 06:52 PM         #46
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
No problem, I read good.

I'm no closet A&R, like I said I read good tho, pretty sure 50 set up a "fund" for shawty lo, no details on his ability to access those funds, while Ross was given an advance or "budget". Just speculating tho.

Take it a step further, just because 50 may have made a bad investment should not take away the significance 10 million $$ is. Some people sign Joe Johnson, some people get Lebron James.
Lebron isnt going to play for Joe Johnson #'s though. Or Chris Johnson/Matt Forte wont play for Ware(Giants) numbers.

Its not just 50 making a deal like that. You gotta realize that, G Unit was still functioning under Aftermath and Interscope at the time. 10 million is 10 million whether its a budget or anything else...Its still 10 million.

The idea that Shawty Lo could receive anything remotely close to what Ross received is absurd.

If we played for 2 diff teams, and I score 3 points per game and you score 30...and they gave me a shoe contract and a deal that was equal to yours...you'd burn the fu*king building down.

Nick Young aint ever gonna see Kobes check lol
 6 years ago '12        #47
noverum 
space
space
$2,882 | Props total: 1656 1656
 drumgangP said:
You really have to stop apologising for putting thought and effort into your thread contributions. It's a good read with great points; you rarely get insight into this aspect of hip-hop on boxden.
 6 years ago '12        #48
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
 drumgangP said:
Lebron isnt going to play for Joe Johnson #'s though. Or Chris Johnson/Matt Forte wont play for Ware(Giants) numbers.

Its not just 50 making a deal like that. You gotta realize that, G Unit was still functioning under Aftermath and Interscope at the time. 10 million is 10 million whether its a budget or anything else...Its still 10 million.

The idea that Shawty Lo could receive anything remotely close to what Ross received is absurd.

If we played for 2 diff teams, and I score 3 points per game and you score 30...and they gave me a shoe contract and a deal that was equal to yours...you'd burn the fu*king building down.

Nick Young aint ever gonna see Kobes check lol
Yet Joe Johnson was the highest paid free agent acquisition of 2010, but whatever, again, we have no way of knowing if Mr. Bowen homes can actually access those funds, while its clear Ross has.

Again the main point is, joie being one of the architects of that deal would have to have some kind of bias towards Ross, check his timeline, its mostly Ross tweets. No doubt he has to be more objective but not a stretch go infer who the teachers pet might be.
 03-14-2012, 07:10 PM         #49
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
Yet Joe Johnson was the highest paid free agent acquisition of 2010, but whatever, again, we have no way of knowing if Mr. Bowen homes can actually access those funds, while its clear Ross has.

Again the main point is, joie being one of the architects of that deal would have to have some kind of bias towards Ross, check his timeline, its mostly Ross tweets. No doubt he has to be more objective but not a stretch go infer who the teachers pet might be.
Once again Lebron wouldn't play for those numbers. And Shawty Lo opened a club and bought a million dollar home, threw a few major parties and resurged serious after the deal. A 10 million dollar credit line is just as good as 10 mil in cash when doing business. How somebody with a 4th of the accomplishments of a Rick Ross get the same amount?

And his tweets don't matter. He probably hasn't wiped his own a.ss, definitely wouldn't believe its him, specially doing promo tweets.

I understand the media and respective artist want you to believe its hype worthy but nah, it isn't. Once again this is all run of the mill usual business they do everyday. Hell a new exec in a leadership role just walked in the building......don't you think EVERYBODY will be presenting plans/deals/situations to him?

And with his position that bias won't exist, not on an executive level. He would lose that position quick

Nothing to see here
 03-14-2012, 07:13 PM         #50
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 noverum said:
You really have to stop apologising for putting thought and effort into your thread contributions. It's a good read with great points; you rarely get insight into this aspect of hip-hop on boxden.
Its cool fam and thanks. Some individuals just get upset over nothing when I speak about sh*t. Hell I usually put ross down, but at one point in this thread I openly said he had the best music out recently......but in the eyes of a 16 year old I'm just an as*hole hating on ross lol.

I'm admittedly an as*hole tho, not a hater.
 6 years ago '12        #51
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
 drumgangP said:
Once again Lebron wouldn't play for those numbers. And Shawty Lo opened a club and bought a million dollar home, threw a few major parties and resurged serious after the deal. A 10 million dollar credit line is just as good as 10 mil in cash when doing business. How somebody with a 4th of the accomplishments of a Rick Ross get the same amount?

And his tweets don't matter. He probably hasn't wiped his own a.ss, definitely wouldn't believe its him, specially doing promo tweets.

I understand the media and respective artist want you to believe its hype worthy but nah, it isn't. Once again this is all run of the mill usual business they do everyday. Hell a new exec in a leadership role just walked in the building......don't you think EVERYBODY will be presenting plans/deals/situations to him?

And with his position that bias won't exist, not on an executive level. He would lose that position quick

Nothing to see here

I understand what you are trying to say, I do. But at the end of the day, to say that the guy who gave Ross 10 million to go to Warner, outbidding other labels, is of no signifance is a bit biased. This is the guy voted #1 hottest mc, no matter what your feelings are about that, dropped the best(commercially) project in the past few months, and the people are.anticipating this album that has been on hold, and one might guess, in light of today's news, we now know why. Also, this is a percieved ally of Ross, heading a major label, whom has Ross on its roster. Id say far from business as usual, I would guess any insiders, who dislike Ross, have to feel some kind of way about it.

Also, Joe Johnson makes more than Lebron. Fact.
 03-14-2012, 07:38 PM         #52
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
I understand what you are trying to say, I do. But at the end of the day, to say that the guy who gave Ross 10 million to go to Warner, outbidding other labels, is of no signifance is a bit biased. This is the guy voted #1 hottest mc, no matter what your feelings are about that, dropped the best(commercially) project in the past few months, and the people are.anticipating this album that has been on hold, and one might guess, in light of today's news, we now know why. Also, this is a percieved ally of Ross, heading a major label, whom has Ross on its roster. Id say far from business as usual, I would guess any insiders, who dislike Ross, have to feel some kind of way about it.

What project did he drop in the past few months that would be considered the "best commercial" release lol?! The MTV List doesnt generate sells and/or make anyone a dollar. If the demand for his album was as big as you want to believe it wouldnt be pushed back at all, it wouldve dropped 4-5 months ago when it was supposed to. Artists who have a major demand for an album thats supposedly "been done" would get a release...Look at how fast Wiz Khalifas Atlantic project dropped, Tyga established a buzz with Rack City, look at how fast his album dropped after Rack City buzzed...hes been begging to release that album for 3 years now, he even had a petition on his twitter against baby/wayne...Their really hasnt been any demand for Ross on a Solo Level, he released 2 singles that failed to do anything other than get him another radio appearance with a better selling artist named Nicki Minaj...thats it

And I dont know basketball, I know music, and sorry sir, the wolf tickets that the artist sell to the public dont mean sh*t to executives. The thought that an executive would somehow place all the eggs in one basket for an artist who statistically hasnt did as good as he should after receiving ALL the perks you can possibly offer an artist would be foolish. What else can they do to promo him? Hes had the best music, biggest song, best collabs with top artists, appeared as a featured guest on the largest projects started a label that dominated radio outlets, had beef with 1 of the top 3 artist in the game at the time, and even had legal issues(beating up DJ Vlad)....These are tools that labels do use to promote artist.....and they've used everything for this guy and he still hasnt done much but generate radio buzz to pay off the publishing companies he got his deal/loans from.

Like I said originally, hes more than likely restructuring his deal so he accrues more cash off his singles, while losing points on his album. Souljah Boy once said he was doing the same thing after his first 3 or 4 singless
 03-14-2012, 07:50 PM         #53
yeugkk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
“When I sat down to do my deal, they had Pill as an artist already there,” explains Ross. “They just thought he may have needed a little work or whatever and we could’ve got that in with the team. So we worked out a one year situation.”

hmm
 03-14-2012, 08:01 PM         #54
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:

I'm back.

It's not Chinese arithmetic and it doesn't warrant long drawn on responses it's pretty simple:

Joie Manda was Rozay's right hand man on WB and helped him bubble with MMG and based off the success Joie had he was rewarded with a chance to run Def Jam records were Rozay is signed as solo artist.

Only a damn fool would think that Rozay's negations & Joie's presidency were a coincidence GTFOH. LOL. Nobody is saying Rozay is getting his shoes shined but Joie & Def Jam obviously gave him what he asked for.

MMG damn near got Joie that job ("Self-Made" 200K & "Ambition" 400K) both those albums were in the Top 20 totals for sales for the year ending 2011 in addition to them hit singles and buzz of them up&coming artists.

Do people just read posts and blogs or do they actually listen to the audio interview...because the interview I listened to Rozay said he was 1-hunnid with Def Jam and the ink was dry.
 6 years ago '12        #55
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
 drumgangP said:
What project did he drop in the past few months that would be considered the "best commercial" release lol?! The MTV List doesnt generate sells and/or make anyone a dollar. If the demand for his album was as big as you want to believe it wouldnt be pushed back at all, it wouldve dropped 4-5 months ago when it was supposed to. Artists who have a major demand for an album thats supposedly "been done" would get a release...Look at how fast Wiz Khalifas Atlantic project dropped, Tyga established a buzz with Rack City, look at how fast his album dropped after Rack City buzzed...hes been begging to release that album for 3 years now, he even had a petition on his twitter against baby/wayne...Their really hasnt been any demand for Ross on a Solo Level, he released 2 singles that failed to do anything other than get him another radio appearance with a better selling artist named Nicki Minaj...thats it

And I dont know basketball, I know music, and sorry sir, the wolf tickets that the artist sell to the public dont mean sh*t to executives. The thought that an executive would somehow place all the eggs in one basket for an artist who statistically hasnt did as good as he should after receiving ALL the perks you can possibly offer an artist would be foolish. What else can they do to promo him? Hes had the best music, biggest song, best collabs with top artists, appeared as a featured guest on the largest projects started a label that dominated radio outlets, had beef with 1 of the top 3 artist in the game at the time, and even had legal issues(beating up DJ Vlad)....These are tools that labels do use to promote artist.....and they've used everything for this guy and he still hasnt done much but generate radio buzz to pay off the publishing companies he got his deal/loans from.

Like I said originally, hes more than likely restructuring his deal so he accrues more cash off his singles, while losing points on his album. Souljah Boy once said he was doing the same thing after his first 3 or 4 singless
Not to classify you as such, but this is where I don't get Ross detractors.

This isnt a wolf ticket. At some point you gotta understand, the whole world isn't conspiring against you guys.
Its like you guys are so stuck in your rhetoric you cant see everybody is behind this guy, and dismiss everything you see with you own eyes, by conjuring up some conspiracy theory.

Being, #1 don't mean sh*t, all those friends and cosigns don't mean sh*t, new label, so what. Yeah he gotta new shoe deal, but who cares? I mean, you use tyga to "solidify" your point, without realizing, the absurdity of saying Tyga can get released but Ross cant, even though you yourself are cognizant of the mans accomplishents, and stated them in the same post. Let that hit you. You are too smart for that, to say Tyga can drop but Ross cant.

Common sense, says something is/was up. And no one is claiming joie is putting all his eggs in one MMG basket, just saying Ros believes he acquired a well placed ally, one who he has a past fruitful relationship with.

Do you truly believe that investing in Ross isn't lucrative? Def Jam/Warner/Nike/Reebok all disagree.

But that isn't reality, I guess, its make believe.
 6 years ago '12        #56
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
I'm back.

It's not Chinese arithmetic and it doesn't warrant long drawn on responses it's pretty simple:

Joie Manda was Rozay's right hand man on WB and helped him bubble with MMG and based off the success Joie had he was rewarded with a chance to run Def Jam records were Rozay is signed as solo artist.

Only a damn fool would think that Rozay's negations & Joie's presidency were a coincidence GTFOH. LOL. Nobody is saying Rozay is getting his shoes shined but Joie & Def Jam obviously gave him what he asked for.

MMG damn near got Joie that job ("Self-Made" 200K & "Ambition" 400K) both those albums were in the Top 20 totals for sales for the year ending 2011 in addition to them hit singles and buzz of them up&coming artists.

Do people just read posts and blogs or do they actually listen to the audio interview...because the interview I listened to Rozay said he was 1-hunnid with Def Jam and the ink was dry.

I swear Rap, its so ironic, how the "haters" have become the delusioned.

Not you drumgang, im just saying in general, no matter what they see they dismiss and say they didn't see it, just to keep the narrative.
 03-14-2012, 08:28 PM         #57
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hype versus Reality. If that album was wanted, even after he put his own word on the line with regards to the competition(saying he wouldn't delay, like jeezy), then it wouldve came out. You don't drop 2 singles on a major for no reason whatsoever. They failed to gain any buzz, you can't argue that. The demand was for MMG, not Ross. Meek/Wale outperformed him with their respective singles....that's a win, for warner, not defjam. You're arguing sh*t that makes sense, but not what's actually happening.

I'm sure those brands find him lucrative.....they're banking off what he's done, the reebok deal came off the past two years work.....where's the demand for what he can do tomorrow though?

I'm mobile now to and about to hit a movie.

Its that simple.
 6 years ago '12        #58
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
 drumgangP said:
Hype versus Reality. If that album was wanted, even after he put his own word on the line with regards to the competition(saying he wouldn't delay, like jeezy), then it wouldve came out. You don't drop 2 singles on a major for no reason whatsoever. They failed to gain any buzz, you can't argue that. The demand was for MMG, not Ross. Meek/Wale outperformed him with their respective singles....that's a win, for warner, not defjam. You're arguing sh*t that makes sense, but not what's actually happening.

I'm sure those brands find him lucrative.....they're banking off what he's done, the reebok deal came off the past two years work.....where's the demand for what he can do tomorrow though?

I'm mobile now to and about to hit a movie.

Its that simple.

Sounds nice, no winners till GFID drops first week, my guess is 400k. GO Heat!
 6 years ago '10        #59
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,878 | Props total: 13670 13670
whew props to drumgang for saving the thread from fu*kboy status

But as far as the topic goes, this is NOT a good look for ralse.
 03-14-2012, 08:42 PM         #60
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
I swear Rap, its so ironic, how the "haters" have become the delusioned.

Not you drumgang, im just saying in general, no matter what they see they dismiss and say they didn't see it, just to keep the narrative.
What's good fam-fam

These dudes is weirdos, they hate any type of music or any person that doesn't cater to them or make them feel like they are a part of the movement.

Let's start with the first post: The ignorant T/S says "Dude Rick Ross struggles to go Gold dude"......and then other idiots actually believe it. Let's look at the numbers:

Port of Miami = 850,000
Trilla = 650,000
Deeper than Rap = 430,000
Teflon Don = 700,000

So even when your average is 650,000 sold and you only sold less than 600,000 once in your career idiots will still say you "struggled" to get to 500,000......that's stupidity.

But that's just the half, these other brain-damaged idiots will say "Dude he has never been platinum dude Nd he tries to go platinum dude and he can't dude".....and then other idiots co-sign but let's look at these facts:

99% of rappers don't even go Gold in this era....99.5% don't go Platinum.

Since Ross debut in 2006 only 9 artists have gone Platinum and only about 12 have gone Gold.....that's 5 years bruh.

HipHop genre averages 2 Platinums and 3 Golds a year and most of them albums be heavily POP influenced like YMCMB & B.O.B or off-brand like Lupe & Cudi.

What Rozay need to do as an artist is maintain his formula and not let geeks and side-haters convince him to dilute his music just to get some extra sells and end up with an album like "Curtis" or "Lasers".

So yeah man you know how we build & add-on...conversate on the culture, I'm glad to see a movement keeping the essence alive in the mainstream.

MONSTALOCC said:
whew props to drumgang for saving the thread from fu*kboy status

But as far as the topic goes, this is NOT a good look for ralse.
This lame can't even spell right^^^^^

Last edited by Graftedgenes; 03-14-2012 at 08:47 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
37 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
75 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy