most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
268 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
11617 pageviews
166 comments

kevin boogz 113 heat pts113
space
space
$3,103 | Props total: 4083 4083
Rick Ross Wants to Renegotiate His Deal With Def Jam and speaks on pill

dont know but barely goes gold

Last night Rick Ross, Wale, Meek Mill and Stalley all hit up Hot 97 in New York City to chat with Funkmaster Flex. While in town for their show at the Hammerstein Ballroom, Ross cleared up any rumors that he was at odds with his record label, Def Jam, and maintained that things were on the up and up. It was rumored at a point that the delay for God Forgives, I Don’t and the lukewarm reception to singles “You Da Boss,” and “I Luv My Beyotches,” were leading Ross to take his talents to Birdman’s Cash Money Records. “Me and Def Jam [are] one hundred…Over the last year, I quadrupled my net worth,” he shared, before adding that he thought they needed to take another look at his deal.

Ross also updated listeners on the status of ex-MMG artist Pill. He explained that when he originally went to Warner Music Group with MMG, it was only Wale and Meek Mill that he brought to the table. “When I sat down to do my deal, they had Pill as an artist already there,” explains Ross. “They just thought he may have needed a little work or whatever and we could’ve got that in with the team. So we worked out a one year situation.”

[pic - click to view]

source

166 comments for "Rick Ross Wants to Renegotiate His Deal With Def Jam and speaks on pill"

6 years ago '04        #2
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,424 | Props total: 6453 6453
cash money? why not go to warner where his label is at
 6 years ago '08        #3
H Class 
space
space
$1,473 | Props total: 119 119
 justinjones said:
cash money? why not go to warner where his label is at
My thoughts exactly. Makes sense to me.
 6 years ago '05        #4
illMattie 127 heat pts127
space
space
$4,311 | Props total: 2770 2770
I don't believe what he says about Pill
 6 years ago '04        #5
Monoblock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,457 | Props total: 1290 1290
This sh*t doesn't sound right
 6 years ago '04        #6
space
space
 illMattie said:
believe it because its true. they was trying to do pill what interscope did with game
 03-14-2012, 02:50 PM         #7
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
believe it because its true. they was trying to do pill what interscope did with game
And its something that happens all the time. Not really sure why people are acting like thats controversy or anything?
 6 years ago '11        #8
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
 23codez said:
WhaT is there to talk about with the label ? Dude has had the biggest buzz the past few years and STILL can't go platinum
His buzz just began during his last album in 2010, he hasn't actually dropped a solo album since his buzz became what it is...
 6 years ago '11        #9
ImInHerMouth 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,974 | Props total: 4718 4718
 illMattie said:
Why not? It's true. Pill was sitting on Warner with XV for a while. I remember seeing him on the web site, before the MMG deal.
 03-14-2012, 02:57 PM         #10
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t was all good 4 months ago

literally

he talked so much sh*t about he would never get pushed back like Jeezy
 6 years ago '11        #11
space
space
 DXFan619 said:
You did read the article right? The public ain't responding to some of the songs from GFID. If it keeps up like this, that album might not even hit Gold.

Then he'll probably have a 100% chance of being dropped.
Ross's singles never really crossover, he's only big on urban radio for the most part. You Da Boss was charting pretty decently, but that song hasn't really been pushed at all. Still no video either. And why would he get dropped, consistently going well over gold with every album is bad now?
 6 years ago '12        #12
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,115 | Props total: 11383 11383
Y'all retarded. Dropped? Dude just took over the building
 6 years ago '11        #13
space
space
And also Rich Forever is like the most downloaded mixtape ever according to Dat Piff. Over 1.1 million downloads in a couple months, people are obviously checking for his music. Not sure how his album could really do worse than Gold once again.
 6 years ago '04        #14
space
space
i think def jam was in serious label turmoil for the past year(hence why everybody had a push back).

if stay scheming and the whole drake diss wasn't on the tape would rich forever be this big

wiz made datpiff, hnhh and livemixtapes crash yesterday but he is not a platinum selling album artist. so because he did a mill downloads don't mean he will have a mill buys

Last edited by justinjones; 03-14-2012 at 03:10 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #15
space
space
 DXFan619 said:
I think for his buzz, consistently not going Platinum is bad, yeah. And he did have some big buzz before that last album came out. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

BMF ain't even go gold though
Cause, like I said, his singles don't get that kind of play all over. He's only big on urban radio and clubs. We all know how big the song was, but it ain't Drake or Wayne single big.
 6 years ago '11        #16
space
space
 23codez said:
This former drug lord/kingpin started buzzing (shockingly) after 50 embarrassed him, and that waS 100 years aGo, so stop it...
Nah b, he ain't start buzzing till BMF. You sound bitter doe
 6 years ago '04        #17
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,116 | Props total: 1150 1150
 23codez said:
This former drug lord/kingpin started buzzing (shockingly) after 50 embarrassed him, and that waS 100 years aGo, so stop it...
lol cmon son 50 LOST that battle...anytime you gotta take it OFF wax and start bringin kids and baby mamas into it, you know YOU LOST,
 03-14-2012, 03:22 PM         #18
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
i think def jam was in serious label turmoil for the past year(hence why everybody had a push back).

if stay scheming and the whole drake diss wasn't on the tape would rich forever be this big

wiz made datpiff, hnhh and livemixtapes crash yesterday but he is not a platinum selling album artist. so because he did a mill downloads don't mean he will have a mill buys
This. People dont realize that the people who run the label has changed to many damn times and when they change the leads, they change the staff. Just look at all the people who were in leadership roles at Def Jam in the past 5-6 years....Most of them are gone, RIP but one of em even committed suicide.

Hell they just announced a new leader today lmao.

People dumb enough to think Jeezy or Ross have anything to do with each others releases deserve to stay ignorant. One is a consistent platinum artist, the other is a very popular consistent gold selling artist. Going Gold or platinum in this climate are both great things. Hell selling 300K in a business where you can have a hot single, but only sell 80K is a great thing.

He wants to restructure his deal because he probably wants to make more off his singles, and give up a bit more on the album side of things. It'd prove lucrative for both he and the label if this were done. Hes not going to get dropped, because competing labels like Warner, Atlantic, Cash Money, or Interscope would love to have him registering singles in the Hot 100 for them.

Hes never going to go platinum though...I mean hes done everything possible at this point to attract more sales and it hasnt happened....He had the hottest songs out, still no plat, he had the hottest collabos on his sh*t, still no plat, he had the controversies and the beef sh*t...still no plat...He had the better music(Teflon Don/Deeper Than Rap) still no plat.....At this point to go platinum he'd need Adele singing his hooks and Eminem/Dr. Dre executive producing...cause hes tried everything else and they dont know where to go next.... And even though Im not to fond of the guy as of late, i'll admit he doesnt need to.

Last edited by drumgangP; 03-14-2012 at 03:24 PM..
 03-14-2012, 03:30 PM         #19
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 23codez said:
I sound bitter to YOU because you didn't like what I wrote
The emo glamour pose in your avatar is on some bi*ch sh*t. Men dont take bathroom pics holding their cams in their faces
 03-14-2012, 03:40 PM         #20
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think any reasonable and intelligent person would surmise that the timing of the negations coinciding with Joie Manda being named president of Def Jam is no coincidence.

Joie Manda has been working closely with Rozay & MMG while they were both on Warner and their close relationship and success makes it no surprise that their Def Jam relationship would bring more points and a bigger budget for the next Rozay project or projects.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
195 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
79 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
22 comments
20 hours ago