The Dream and The Weekend Subbing Each Other On Twitter

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
53 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
298 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-13-2012, 04:50 PM         #61
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 babalou said:
and coincidentally both artists you mentioned are perfect examples of the so called old music industry, especially now that their dead with their catalogs/merchandising making unstoppable amounts of $.
And with the Dream having songs written for Rihanna, Beyonce, Madonna, Britney Spears, and Mariah Carey that were all chart topping, world wide hits in over 8 countries...It sounds like hes closer to replicating the success of some of the greatest songwriters of all time.

Perhaps my taste in music/production is the reason why I personally have produced for over 20+ majors in the past 2 years and am far from a failed producer after all
 6 years ago '04        #62
The S-Word 
space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 1300 1300
 marx1684 said:
Dreams portfolio is better than most artist out period. Any1 supporting The Weeknd on this one needs to check his work.

...Exactly, and co-sign drumgang's posts on the subject, too. I'd rather have constant income via publishing than flash-in-the-pan Internet 'fame.' People on here don't know sh!t about the Industry, yet are the first ones replying to this thread Hell, so many people on here respect money more than artistry (i.e. the majority of the Ymcmb fans on here), I'm surprised they're even siding with The Weekend.

Crazy.
 6 years ago '05        #63
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,457 | Props total: 25149 25149
@ n*ggas Saying Weeknd Over Dream,Get The fu*k Up Outta Here With That Bullsh*t....
 03-13-2012, 05:02 PM         #64
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The S-Word said:
...Exactly, and co-sign drumgang's posts on the subject, too. I'd rather have constant income via publishing than flash-in-the-pan Internet 'fame.' People on here don't know sh!t about the Industry, yet are the first ones replying to this thread Hell, so many people on here respect money more than artistry (i.e. the majority of the Ymcmb fans on here), I'm surprised they're even siding with The Weekend.

Crazy.
Exactly. You dont even have to KNOW about the industry to understand that a song being #1 in over 12 countries, multiplatinum in over 8 countries, and one of the highest selling singles since the beginning of TIME is some boss sh*t. Like seriously?
 6 years ago '04        #65
Pusha-T 
space
space
$97 | Props total: 0 0
The Dream made more off Justin Bieber's "Baby" song than the weeknd will prob make in the next 5 years ....and i run a site dedicated to the Weeknd
 6 years ago '11        #66
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
space
$59,340 | Props total: 25248 25248
Man I fu*k with both these artists but the weeknd needs to know his sh*t

dream was not even talking about him

he spoke about the weekend months back and gave him props and say they dont sound like eachother
 03-13-2012, 05:18 PM         #67
hurricanegamePZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we can tell whos outdated and old in this thread and whos a young balla

shouts to the Gawd
 6 years ago '04        #68
Pusha-T 
space
space
$97 | Props total: 0 0
Love IV MMXII Released: Spring 2012[5]Label: Radio k!lla/Def Jam Records

To be released
1984: Persona of Love Released: TBA 2012[5]Label: Radio k!lla/Def Jam Records

To be released
Nikki: The Chronicles Released: TBA 2012[6]Label: Radio k!lla/Def Jam Records
To be released

SICK
 6 years ago '05        #69
champlain 63 heat pts63
space
space
$2,790 | Props total: 72 72
Do yall think that The Dream would have the power to have the industry not mess with the weeknd?
 6 years ago '05        #70
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,457 | Props total: 25149 25149
 Barack Obonga said:
Which dream songs do you like the most?

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

03-13-2012, 05:23 PM         #71
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 champlain said:
Do yall think that The Dream would have the power to have the industry not mess with the weeknd?
Absolutely. Hes accepted anywhere in the industry worldwide and he could easily make it to where n*ggas dont ever come out. It happens all the time in the industry, n*ggas get burned by people over them cause they dont show respect.
 03-13-2012, 05:24 PM         #72
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pusha-T said:
The Dream made more off Justin Bieber's "Baby" song than the weeknd will prob make in the next 5 years ....and i run a site dedicated to the Weeknd
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA. He wrote Baby?!!?!?!?!

I didnt know that sh*t

The n*gga wrote Umbrella, Baby, and Single Ladies.
 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM         #73
TeddiGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

I had no idea The-Dream sent an r&b diss track @ The-Weeknd.. LIsten to that sh*t... He is dissing The Weeknd and others in the song.. He said not to roll up on him...
 6 years ago '11        #74
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
space
$59,340 | Props total: 25248 25248
 drumgangP said:
Absolutely. Hes accepted anywhere in the industry worldwide and he could easily make it to where n*ggas dont ever come out. It happens all the time in the industry, n*ggas get burned by people over them cause they dont show respect.
I don't know man..maybe with a normal artist but not the weeknd

labels can't even sit down with this guy,Jimmy I been trying to sign him forever and he has not got a deal yet

but yes Dream is a boss up at def jam so he could prevent clearances/tracks from def jam artists.. but I doubt weeknd would any on his album
 6 years ago '05        #75
Dat 1 Dude 
space
space
$3,545 | Props total: 276 276
These two n*ggas aren't the same person??
 03-13-2012, 05:40 PM         #76
TeddiGramz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't know why you guys are comparing The-Dream and The-Weeknd... The only thing they have in common is the high pitched voices, the similarity in their names and thats it. The Weeknd used to be a songwriter.. We all know The-Dream is one of the GOAT song writers.. You can't really compare their discography because they do different styles of music...

Edit: I'm surprised about the off the wall songs The-Dream wrote... n*gga wrote Baby? No wonder I kinda liked that song... Moving Mountains?!? Rihanna?!?! Lindsay motherfu*king Lohan?!?!

Does he have any fine female family members... I gotta try to get in that family...

Last edited by TeddiGramz; 03-13-2012 at 05:43 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #77
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
All that Twitter sh*t is garbage. They made it safe for anybody to talk sh*t over the Net safe behind their computer. And the people who have to much time on their hands or no life feeds into that Web media bullsh*t.
 03-13-2012, 05:43 PM         #78
BooHaggle McGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
shouts to drumgang p for playing the dreams hypeman in this thread

the beef is dumb as sh*t..let the two live...dream is more on the offensive than weeknd in this situation tho....iono y
 03-13-2012, 05:46 PM         #79
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dray said:
I don't know man..maybe with a normal artist but not the weeknd

labels can't even sit down with this guy,Jimmy I been trying to sign him forever and he has not got a deal yet

but yes Dream is a boss up at def jam so he could prevent clearances/tracks from def jam artists.. but I doubt weeknd would any on his album
Thats the thing tho. A "normal" artist has accomplished more than this kid. I know hes the current sensation, but no, hes not really that big of a deal when it comes to a major level. Its cool to be the internet sensation for the moment, but were talking about whether or not a guy whose wrote songs that'll exist for the next 50-60 years and has records that have topped charts in 12+ countries can pull a boss move on a guy whose biggest claim to fame is singing on a random Drake song and being the current internet/twitter sensation.

Big Bank makes little bank walk. I could care less about Jimmy Iovine "trying to sign him"....if he hasnt made anyone any money, they could give 2 fu*ks about him in this business. Jimmy Iovine has artists that have chart topping hits that were written by Dream. Which means Dream already made him a million versus a guy who could potentially make him a dollar but refuses to sign.

Who you think he gonna agree with lol
 03-13-2012, 05:48 PM         #80
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BooHaggle McGee said:
shouts to drumgang p for playing the dreams hypeman in this thread

the beef is dumb as sh*t..let the two live...dream is more on the offensive than weeknd in this situation tho....iono y
sh*t if he needed a hypeman I'd be glad to do it. Tony Yayo once said he made 40k a night being 50s Hype man. I'd be glad
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy