Do Gamers Want Native .MKV Video Support On Their Consoles?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-11-2012, 09:44 PM         #61
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
1080p
[pic - click to view]

MS don't want 360 users watching things in HD unless they pay

i saw what you did there.

i swear i could get REALLY in depth with this sh*t. but seeing you guys talk about this sh*t is comedy.

like watching a fat guy trying to swim.

like i said, most of you guys have no clue what plays on these media consoles and how to play it.

there is a SLIGHT different in what mkv and mp4 can hold. not answering that either.

you guys havent even got into the different h.264 profiles...... (already said too much right there)

like i said. no clue.
 6 years ago '05        #62
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,261 | Props total: 2458 2458
mkv will not work on a ps3 or a xbox 360 with out converting or streaming.
 6 years ago '11        #63
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 WorldsStrangest said:

i swear i could get REALLY in depth with this sh*t. but seeing you guys talk about this sh*t is comedy.

like i said, most of you guys have no clue what plays on these media consoles.

there is a SLIGHT different in what mkv and mp4 can hold. not answering that either.

you guys havent even got in to the different h 264 profiles......

like i said. no clue.
My comment was directed at this

03-11-2012, 09:51 PM         #64
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HiRolliN said:
mkv will not work on a ps3 or a xbox 360 with out converting or streaming.
i miss my cfw ps3

nobody mentioned how 360 wont even let you ANY H 264 at all if youre not connected to Xbox Live.

only thing i care about mkv for is anime. and that is by choice.

if you cant get anything else on 360 in HD, streaming or natively. youre obviously not 1337 enough to do so. thats not M$ fault you keep goin for mkvs thats your choice.

nobody even talks about windows media center even though its a piece of sh*t software its still displays media nice and gives your 360 more media permissions.....

and im done.
 6 years ago '05        #65
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
 WorldsStrangest said:

like i said, most of you guys have no clue what plays on these media consoles and how to play it.

you guys havent even got into the different h.264 profiles...... (already said too much right there)

like i said. no clue.
mp4 will play great on a ps3 and xbox 360 but were talking about native mkv support for consoles.

the whole converasation is using mkv "native" to the hardware without having to stream or convert.

so tell me can u plug in a usb drive with a mkv file into a ps3 or an xbox360 and it will play cuz if u can id like to know how you do it.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 03-11-2012 at 09:59 PM..
 03-11-2012, 09:56 PM         #66
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HiRolliN said:
mp4 will play great on a ps3 and xbox 360 but were talking about native mkv support for consoles.
mkv isnt a dealbreaker for me anymore, and shouldnt be if you know your ish. thats why i dont get the backlash. you can get HD media on 360 fine. streaming or natively. i dont even like streaming but i can play HD files no prob natively, just play by the rules given.

just seems like no one here knows EXACTLY what the xbox 360 and ps3 can play, all they know it "ARRGHH I CANT PLAY ME HAND ME DOWN MKVS ARRGH"
 03-11-2012, 10:02 PM         #67
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HiRolliN said:

the whole converasation is using mkv "native" to the hardware without having to stream or convert.

so tell me can u plug in a usb drive with a mkv file into a ps3 or an xbox360 and it will play cuz if u can id like to know how you do it.
jizzman and company changed the convo when they starting putting in sh*t like "M$ doesnt want HD unless you pay" thats what i was responding to.
 6 years ago '05        #68
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
 WorldsStrangest said:
jizzman and company changed the convo when they starting putting in sh*t like "M$ doesnt want HD unless you pay" thats what i was responding to.
ya jizzman did fu*k up the convo but if you know how to play mkv's without having to stream or convertning then pleas explain how its done.
 03-11-2012, 10:07 PM         #69
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
 HiRolliN said:
ya jizzman did fu*k up the convo but if you know how to play mkv's without having to stream or convertning then pleas explain how its done.
This Hirollin n*gga biting peoples heads off. WorldsStrangest tried to avoid the nerd f!ght and the n*gga pulled him back into the ring.

This is gonna be good
 6 years ago '11        #70
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 HiRolliN said:
There's no way to do it without streaming or converting. He's probably referring to using another container.
 03-11-2012, 10:10 PM         #71
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HiRolliN said:
on the xbox? no way i never said that, i made the concession that i cant play mkvs on my 360, but that doesnt mean i cant get 720p or 1080p on there

its when you get in depth with the different media permission with 360 and ps3 thats when you see the differece. not with mkvs.

i believe the reason for no mkv is a license fee or that the format is more "open"

M$ also has buisness reasons to support WMV-HD over MP4 and MKV even though it never became a popular format.

nobody is getting to heart of the issue and thats the media permissions and DRMs not mkvs. you figure them out you wont need mkvs
 6 years ago '05        #72
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067 OP
space
space
$22,888 | Props total: 5124 5124
Oh can you guys help my video out, thumbs it up if you can. thanks.
 6 years ago '05        #73
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
 WorldsStrangest said:
on the xbox? no way i never said that, i made the concession that i cant play mkvs on my 360, but that doesnt mean i cant get 720p or 1080p on there

its when you get in depth with the different media permission with 360 and ps3 thats when you see the differece. not with mkvs.

i believe the reason for no mkv is a license fee or that the format is more "open"

M$ also has buisness reasons to support WMV-HD over MP4 and MKV even though it never became a popular format.

nobody is getting to heart of the issue and thats the media permissions and DRMs not mkvs. you figure them out you wont need mkvs
yup i feel ya i guess we just misunderstood each other. it all comes downs to sony and microsoft tying to make money off of HD content. and thats why people need just realize that it will be long time before we get MKV format.
 6 years ago '05        #74
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,637 | Props total: 13716 13716
 Jesszman said:

no it can't. The Metro dash messed that up so now 1080p is restricted to the first-party apps.
You do realize that 720p is HD, right? On top of that, Netflix, Youtube and Hulu have all had updates since that old a.ss article. Yet another failure by Jizzonmen.
 03-11-2012, 10:19 PM         #75
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HiRolliN said:
yup i feel ya i guess we just misunderstood each other. it all comes downs to sony and microsoft tying to make money off of HD content. and thats why people need just realize that it will be long time before we get MKV format.

convo got side tracked for a second thats why i came in.

another topic needs to be made if people wanna figure out what they can and cannot play on these media players.
 03-11-2012, 10:25 PM         #76
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:

convo got side tracked for a second thats why i came in.

another topic needs to be made if people wanna figure out what they can and cannot play on these media players.
He isnt asking for another thread though. Hes just asking for your help lol. Inbox him that sh*t since u obviously dont wanna share it with everyone
 03-11-2012, 10:28 PM         #77
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 drumgangP said:
He isnt asking for another thread though. Hes just asking for your help lol. Inbox him that sh*t since u obviously dont wanna share it with everyone
convert or step your game up.

so when you gonna share your redbox tips with everybody we still waitin.

03-11-2012, 10:29 PM         #78
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why? just get a media box that cost under $100, plays back 1080p and supports every format including MKV natively and almost every one supports both fat32 and NTSF so you can play files larger than 4gb (meaning you can hook up external TB drives) WD TV HUB FTW

supports 1080p playback, netflix, hulu, external drives that support (AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), M2TS, MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1), MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264), MPG/MPEG, TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1), VOB, WMV9) i have all my dvds/blu-rays backed up on externals at full sizes so i lose no quality and i don't have to get my lazy a.ss up.

fools still using consoles to play videos and sh*t y'all stuck in like 2003

Last edited by IronMaiden; 03-11-2012 at 10:33 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #79
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
why? just get a media box that cost under $100, plays back 1080p and supports every format including MKV natively and almost every one supports both fat32 and NTSF so you can play files larger than 4gb (meaning you can hook up external TB drives)

fools still using consoles to play videos and sh*t
a media box is another conversation though. this is a console mkv native topic.
 03-11-2012, 10:34 PM         #80
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HiRolliN said:
a media box is another conversation though. this is a console mkv native topic.
You will never get MKV support because of piracy so get a media box or shut the fu*k up.

Won't happen, ever. Stop being broke a.ss fools and pick up a $100 box and watch your illegal BR rips in their glory.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
15 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy