Do Gamers Want Native .MKV Video Support On Their Consoles?

most viewed right now
 149
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj disses Pusha on IG
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 92
Drake- Iím Upset
347 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 70
Gillie The Kid Goes Off Talking Bout Pusha T. Vs Drake, & Quentin Miller
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 65
Image(s) inside The Only PAWG That Matters
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #21
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
1080p
[pic - click to view]



MS don't want 360 users watching things in HD unless they pay
 6 years ago '04        #22
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$30,699 | Props total: 574 574
Which converter program do yall use? I could stream it via real-time transcoding but it's a pain in the a.ss rewinding and fast-forwarding when doing that method. Rather just take the time to convert the files to MP4. I trued one program called Super video converter but it never worked for me for some reason. Let me know.
 6 years ago '05        #23
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,776 | Props total: 17034 17034
 Andrefrbk said:
360 cant read video files over 4gb, doesnt matter the format. Thats some other gay shiit...

Its as if MS does not expect users to watch high def content.
Yes it can. I stream WMV-HD movies that are 9GB+ just fine. Videos over 4GB is a limitation of FAT32 hard drives, not the Xbox 360.
 6 years ago '05        #24
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,776 | Props total: 17034 17034
 e G o Maniac said:
Which converter program do yall use? I could stream it via real-time transcoding but it's a pain in the a.ss rewinding and fast-forwarding when doing that method. Rather just take the time to convert the files to MP4. I trued one program called Super video converter but it never worked for me for some reason. Let me know.
I use Windows Media Encoder to convert HD movies.
 6 years ago '11        #25
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Y.G. said:
Yes it can. I stream WMV-HD movies that are 9GB+ just fine. Videos over 4GB is a limitation of FAT32 hard drives, not the Xbox 360.
 Jesszman said:
1080p
[pic - click to view]



MS don't want 360 users watching things in HD unless they pay
 6 years ago '05        #26
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,776 | Props total: 17034 17034
 Andrefrbk said:
there is really not much difference between mp4 and mkv... Its just a different container. It really isnt that hard to patch in.

There are probably other reasons why. I think part of the reason why is because niccas are not demanding it like they should. And MS probably knows that people will DL bluray rips and stream it directly for that 1080p goodness. Its really non of there biz though. MKV is a popular format now, and they need to keep up.
You do realize that Sony doesn't support MKV natively either, right? :kobewhatever:

Not that any one wants to stream anything on the PS3 since you can't even fast forward or rewind, technology present in VCRs.
 6 years ago '05        #27
Andrefrbk 1071 heat pts1071 OP
space
avatar space
space
$23,026 | Props total: 5431 5431
 Y.G. said:
You do realize that Sony doesn't support MKV natively either, right? :kobewhatever:

Not that any one wants to stream anything on the PS3 since you can't even fast forward or rewind, technology present in VCRs.

[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '11        #28
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Andrefrbk said:

[pic - click to view]



Where'd you get that picture of YG from?
 6 years ago '05        #29
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$42,776 | Props total: 17034 17034
 Jesszman said:
 Jesszman said:


Where'd you get that picture of YG from?
"When you realize your initial argument has failed, immediately change the topic of debate in order to save face."
 6 years ago '04        #30
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$30,699 | Props total: 574 574
 Y.G. said:
I use Windows Media Encoder to convert HD movies.
You recommend any tutorials to look at?
 03-11-2012, 06:07 PM         #31
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn YG k!lled their whole argument.


I personally just plug a jump drive into my television and watch movies off it. Stopped using consoles when this nice tv I have does all that extra sh*t
 6 years ago '06        #32
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Andrefrbk said:
360 cant read video files over 4gb, doesnt matter the format. Thats some other gay shiit...

Its as if MS does not expect users to watch high def content.




is there anything this cheap a.ss console CAN do, other than overheat and fail?
 03-11-2012, 06:10 PM         #33
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggaz still usin consoles to play media??


just kopped one of these over the summer

[pic - click to view]


can move,delete,rename files with this badboy,firmware updates and it has lots of apps
 03-11-2012, 06:11 PM         #34
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 coolio said:


is there anything this cheap a.ss console CAN do, other than overheat and fail?
Knew you would come to your senses about that PS3, you know, since it cant do it either
 6 years ago '04        #35
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$30,699 | Props total: 574 574
So many uninformed trolls and fanboys.
 6 years ago '11        #36
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Y.G. said:
"When you realize your initial argument has failed, immediately change the topic of debate in order to save face."
my initial argument didn't fail. the 360 isn't capable of displaying its third-party, video-oriented applications in hd. It's sad, and hopefully a bug in the metro dash, but it does bring forth an agenda, one that makes you believe MS is simply trying to sell their own media through their own, first-party applications.
 6 years ago '06        #37
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
avatar space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 drumgangP said:
Knew you would come to your senses about that PS3, you know, since it cant do it either

ps3 can stream .MKVs easily and play files over 4gb dont worry tho, i hear the 720 is finally bringing .jpeg and .avi support to the xbox
 6 years ago '05        #38
Andrefrbk 1071 heat pts1071 OP
space
avatar space
space
$23,026 | Props total: 5431 5431
If they made a native mkv app, id buy it...

I dont feel like buying a bloodclot roku or slingbox or what ever yall niccas coppin
 6 years ago '04        #39
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,183 | Props total: 2708 2708
 coolio said:
ps3 can stream .MKVs easily and play files over 4gb dont worry tho, i hear the 720 is finally bringing .jpeg and .avi support to the xbox
it's not easy at all for a lot of files, especially ones that are 1080p or over 8gb. The best things i've gotten to stream were WMV HD though on xbox 360 which are over 4 and 8gb respectively. PS Media Server lags me a lot with HD MKVs or just stop playback. I'd rather just run them off the hard drive but that 4GB limit a file is annoying.

360 still has a long way to go though. I never really use it as a media center because PS3's biggest advantage with streaming and HDD playback is the continuous playback. I hate using netflix or 360 to always press play on a movie or tv show when I have a folder full of them I want to play.

On a side note, is there an app for PS3 that allows shuffling a folder?
 6 years ago '11        #40
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
what do you mean shuffling a folder?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 44
#bigbreasttwitter
64 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 39
McDonald's customers suing for $5M over unwanted Quarter Pounder cheese
18 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 29
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
101 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 23
Tiffany haddish dirty nails
43 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 22
NBA LeBron James Begins Oddly Timed Renovation Of His $23 Million LA Crib
28 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 20
"I don't have to argue about how real I am" - Pusha T
125 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside What streaming on Twitch has done to my life :wadesad:
61 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are Californiaís Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy