Adam Schefter: Peyton Manning narrows options DENVER & ARIZONA favorites not MIA

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
40 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
225 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
8964 pageviews
164 comments

K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
Adam Schefter: Peyton Manning narrows options DENVER & ARIZONA favorites not MIA

Denver & Arizona
are Manning's favorites

By Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter | ESPN

After at least 12 teams contacted Peyton Manning when he became a free agent, the former Indianapolis Colts quarterback has narrowed down his options.

The Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, the first two teams Manning visited with, are considered the two likeliest landing spots at this point, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The Seattle Seahawks continue to try to arrange a meeting with Manning, according to sources, but so far it has been unable to do.

Manning still could wind up meeting with the Miami Dolphins, but indications are that the Miami isn't as high on this list at this time as Denver and Arizona. There always is the possibility another team suddenly jumps into the fray, but it is looking increasingly likely that there are only a few viable possibilities at this time.

One source who spoke with Manning prior to his visit with the Cardinals said "his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver."

Denver's advantages include Manning's relationship with Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway and coach John Fox, as well as remaining within the AFC, where he has played all his professional football with the Colts.

Yet the Cardinals will make a hard push and put on what one team source said is a "Louisville-style full court press." Manning also is close with Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt, and has played golf with him in the past.

Manning will be meeting with multiple high-ranking members of the Cardinals organization, including president Michael Bidwill, who sources say is determined to sign the former Colts quarterback.

"This team missed on Montana when he went to K.C.," said another Cardinals source. "This is a different owner, just with the same last name. Michael will do what it takes.

"He is hugely aware of our fan base and how his Dad is viewed. He came to work with this team to get the stadium built. It took him a long time to get that done, but he did.

"He is a driven young owner that wants to totally change this franchises image."

And he views landing Manning as the next step in that process. Sources say that would not necessarily be a strong selling point to Manning, who is looking simply for a "comfortable football and organizational fit." Along those lines, both the Broncos and Cardinals have staffs that have shown flexibility in adapting their offense to a quarterback's strengths, as the Broncos did with Tim Tebow and the Cardinals did with Kurt Warner.

With the NFL's new year scheduled to start Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET, Manning's options are coming into focus.
Adam & Mort joint report
link here
[pic - click to view]

2012 free agency -- Peyton Manning favors Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, sources say - ESPN

You were saying Cheeze?

Last edited by K1; 03-11-2012 at 10:43 AM..

164 comments for "Adam Schefter: Peyton Manning narrows options DENVER & ARIZONA favorites not MIA"

03-11-2012, 09:51 AM         #2
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
K1 is hoping for this i bet.. would be a decent move for the Broncos although i really think he should go to miami.
 6 years ago '11        #3
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535
space
space
$52,263 | Props total: 19971 19971

where that bi*ch a.ss n*gga cheeze at
 03-11-2012, 09:53 AM         #4
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
See this where I call bullsh*t on Schefter... Just saying something to create buzz...

He hasn't even met with Miami yet.

BTW, sorry K1... He ain't going to Denver.
 03-11-2012, 09:54 AM         #5
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^ hes been in miami for a while now.. im sure hes "met" with them.
 03-11-2012, 09:55 AM         #6
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Arizona where be where he goes if not miami.. decent defense.. up coming defense at that. they play a total of 4 games outside of a DOME.. but then again they are in the NFC.. which is why i pick the dolphins. More weapons good defense.. and reggie will follow to miami along with garcon and Clark. Hell even Saturday should follow.
 6 years ago '04        #7
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
 Dro889 said:
K1 is hoping for this i bet.. would be a decent move for the Broncos although i really think he should go to miami.
Hell yeah I am hoping for this I haven't been able to stop refreshing my phone, was in John Carter yesterday refreshing my phone people looking at me like I am crazy lmao
 6 years ago '04        #8
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
See this where I call bullsh*t on Schefter... Just saying something to create buzz...

He hasn't even met with Miami yet.

BTW, sorry K1... He ain't going to Denver.
I like this part

One source who spoke with Manning prior to his visit with the Cardinals said "his gut is that Manning is leaning toward Denver."

he might not have the time to meet with other teams thats the thing people don't get he wants a deal by Monday, before FA kicks off.
 6 years ago '06        #9
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,500 | Props total: 906 906
Schefter doesn't know anything.. SPECULATION .. miami hasnt even made their RUN at him yet.

Peyton is giving everyone a shot.. then coming back home and having a sit-down with stephen ross
 03-11-2012, 10:00 AM         #10
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dro889 said:
^^^^ hes been in miami for a while now.. im sure hes "met" with them.
No, he hasn't...

The plan all along was to go to Denver and meet with them, go to Arizona and meet with them,, then go back to Miami and meet with them,

They've been following Manning everywhere since the moment he was released... There hasn't been a single report from anyone of him meating with the Phins yet.
 6 years ago '04        #11
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
he hasnt even gone to kansas city yet

this basically sounds like schefter is saying out of the 2 teams that he visited the teams 2 favorites are the teams he visited

Last edited by MosDefinition; 03-11-2012 at 10:03 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #12
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
yall some funny dudes. Schefter doesn't know anything? You must not know Adam Schefter's history.

BTW this a joint report not just Schefter but Mort as well.
Lurker gave props

03-11-2012, 10:13 AM         #13
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K1Entertainment said:
yall some funny dudes. Schefter doesn't know anything? You must not know Adam Schefter's history.

BTW this a joint report not just Schefter but Mort as well.
Schefter's reporting has gone way down hill since moving to ESPN...

Only big scoop he's had was announcing Aso to the Eagles literally seconds before everyone else had it.

Mort has been a joke... I still remember in 2007 him reporting live on Sportscenter that Eli would miss atleast 6 weeks do to a shoulder injury suffered in the Greenbay game...

What happened? ... Eli didn't miss a single snap... We went on to win 4 in a row, and then the Superbowl.

6 years ago '04        #14
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Schefter's reporting has gone way down hill since moving to ESPN...

Only big scoop he's had was announcing Aso to the Eagles literally seconds before everyone else had it.

Mort has been a joke... I still remember in 2007 him reporting live on Sportscenter that Eli would miss atleast 6 weeks do to a shoulder injury suffered in the Greenbay game...

What happened? ... Eli didn't miss a single snap... We went on to win 4 in a row, and then the Superbowl.

When it comes to sh*t like this Schefter don't play.
This is big news its the biggest news to come out on Manning so far.....

MosDefinition said:
he hasnt even gone to kansas city yet

this basically sounds like schefter is saying out of the 2 teams that he visited the teams 2 favorites are the teams he visited
If other teams wanna talk to Manning they gotta hurry up and pressure him or something because Monday is tomorrow ........he can't visit everyone.
 03-11-2012, 10:35 AM         #15
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

where them clowns Dedos & Cheeze
 6 years ago '04        #16
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
 mixedwun said:
Peyton is giving everyone a shot.. then coming back home and having a sit-down with stephen ross
Better hurry up its Sunday.

Peyton is trying to finish this before FA starts Tuesday.

Dude is not superman he can't fly everywhere and meet for 3-4 hours (9 hours in Denver's case)
 6 years ago '04        #17
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
Lol can't wait to see all these salty a.ss Miami fans when he doesn't sign to their team. Already see one in this thread. How do you fu*ks know the Dolphins haven't made a play for him yet? You don't fu*kin know. I'm trusting Schefter over some Boxden n*ggas.
 6 years ago '12        #18
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,080 | Props total: 11300 11300
I think schefter is the premiere insiders but this seems like Bs, forgot to write the part where he has to go home to Miami, and make a decision. I still think he ends up with Miami.
 6 years ago '09        #19
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,639 | Props total: 2745 2745
I can see him in Denver more than Arizona. He can mentor Tebow and they have a ton a cap space to give him 2 years with a 3rd year option. Arizona better ride and die with Kolb and that 5 year $60 mil contract
 6 years ago '06        #20
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,602 | Props total: 8801 8801
I think he wants to throw to larryyyyyyyyyyyy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy