Pacquiao offers Mayweather a winner-take-all 70-30 split

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
11953 pageviews
290 comments

Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Pacquiao offers Mayweather a winner-take-all 70-30 split

[pic - click to view]

Manny Pacquiao offers Floyd Mayweather a 70-30 split of pay-per-view revenue estimated at $150 milli | Boxing News | ESPN.co.uk

Manny Pacquiao has tabled his most enticing offer yet to Floyd Mayweather in a bid to bring one of the most anticipated bouts in recent history to the ring.

WBC welterweight champion Mayweather and Pacquiao, who holds the WBO welterweight belt, are widely regarded as the two best pound-for-pound f!ghters in boxing today, but despite huge interest in a showdown all manner of stumbling blocks have prevented the duo stepping through the ropes.

Money has been a key factor in the breakdown in negotiations that have been strained ever since Mayweather and Pacquiao saw their first planned f!ght cancelled in March 2010. Their latest bid to stage a f!ght on May 5 also broke down, with Mayweather opting to face Miguel Cotto instead. Pacquiao will defend his WBO title against Timothy Bradley a month later.

Mayweather approached Pacquiao with an offer of a flat $40 million, with all pay-per-view revenue going the American's way. The Filipino's promoter, Bob Arum, responded by turning the tables on Mayweather with a counter-offer of $50m in exchange for the PPV money, before returning with a proposal to split the television money 55-45 to the winner.

Mayweather turned both offers down, insisting he will not budge on the option of receiving the entire PPV income, which has been estimated to be worth around $150m.

"I gave this sport my whole life and I've been in this sport - dominating," said Mayweather. "I have record breaking numbers that I've done. He has no record breaking numbers. With or without Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather is okay, because when your career is over and is all said and done, I have to be happy and have to be comfortable.

"I come first, self-preservation. I put myself first. If the f!ght happens, it do [sic]. Do I want the f!ght to happen? Absolutely, but if it don't, so be it."

Pacquiao's latest offer, 70% of the PPV takings to the winner according to business advisor Rex Salud in GMA News Online, is the latest instalment in the negotiation saga, and with the Filipino behind proposals that grant the winner the greater payday critics have again asked if Mayweather is ducking the f!ght to preserve his reputation.

"I don't fear no man. I don't fear nothing," Mayweather told NBC when asked if he was scared of Pacquiao. "And so if you are insinuating that I'm a scared f!ghter then why would you want to watch a scared f!ghter?

"Can't no f!ghter beat Floyd Mayweather. And if the Pacquiao f!ght presents itself, and everything is in order like it should be, I'll be victorious.

"He had a chance to step up to the plate, if you had done your homework - May in the past - Pacquiao has said, 'You know what, I would take less money but I didn't want to do the drug test'. Now he's saying, 'I will do the drug test, but I want 50-50'. Like I said, it is what it is."

290 comments for "Pacquiao offers Mayweather a winner-take-all 70-30 split"

6 years ago '06        #2
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,987 | Props total: 10653 10653

What's the excuse now?
 03-08-2012, 08:31 PM         #3
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"He had a chance to step up to the plate, if you had done your homework - May in the past - Pacquiao has said, 'You know what, I would take less money but I didn't want to do the drug test'. Now he's saying, 'I will do the drug test, but I want 50-50'. Like I said, it is what it is."
 6 years ago '04        #4
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,323 | Props total: 1296 1296
Let's make it happen

there is way too much money on the table for this f!ght not to happen, so when is it going to be?
 6 years ago '05        #5
Bea5T 137 heat pts137 OP
space
space
 Nate187um said:

It says "in the past" for a reason
 6 years ago '06        #6
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,987 | Props total: 10653 10653
 Nate187um said:
Lol and Mayweather has agreed to 50-50 in the past the fu*k is your point

Also this takes away the 50-50 argument...winner takes 70 if you ain't scared and think you'll won this is a no Brainer

Sorry but no coming back from this one if he don't accept
 6 years ago '06        #7
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Is this article recent or old tho? I mean it doesn't matter now they both have f!ghts set.
 03-08-2012, 08:45 PM         #8
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Floyd wants guaranteed money - he'll never do it this way. He's more worried about beating Bob Arum at the business game than winning the most important f!ght of his career.

Only hope is that Floyd has an epiphany in the joint and decides to make the f!ght and do 50-50 when he gets out...assuming both win this summer.

Last edited by 22k; 03-08-2012 at 08:47 PM..
 03-08-2012, 08:47 PM         #9
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dont tell me you "bx boxing experts" think duckiao WILL beat Floyd Mayweather Jr

tell me you just want to see the f!ght
 6 years ago '04        #10
rikedizzle 
space
space
$6,795 | Props total: 677 677
wiiner-take-all 70-30 split

uhhhhhhh
 03-08-2012, 08:57 PM         #11
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nate187um said:
dont tell me you "bx boxing experts" think duckiao WILL beat Floyd Mayweather Jr

tell me you just want to see the f!ght
Says the "boxing expert" that constantly disrespects the only 8 division world champion in the history of boxing and calls him a cheater and a bum.

If a 38 year old Shane Mosley can come close to knocking out Mayweather, Pacquiao can win the f!ght. Mayweather is great but not invincible.
 6 years ago '10        #12
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,222 | Props total: 11084 11084
 22k said:
Says the "boxing expert" that constantly disrespects the only 8 division world champion in the history of boxing and calls him a cheater and a bum.

If a 38 year old Shane Mosley can come close to knocking out Mayweather, Pacquiao can win the f!ght. Mayweather is great but not invincible.

Pac fought at catch weights and people on the way down....Shane hardly almost knocked out Floyd...They both have f!ghts...this sounds like Pac using Floyd to sell a f!ght that NO ONE is going to buy...>500,000 buys...book it..
 03-08-2012, 09:09 PM         #13
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 quan3106 said:
Pac fought at catch weights and people on the way down....
Another person that uses that line to dismiss an entire career. So I guess the championships in all 8 divisions were won that way? GTFOH.

I would post the gif of Shane hurting Floyd but I'll just let you google it to refresh your memory. He can be beat just like anyone else and the odds go up with every year that passes.

Last edited by 22k; 03-08-2012 at 09:16 PM..
 03-08-2012, 09:18 PM         #14
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
money would toy with pacroid u saw what mayweather did to JMM and u saw what JMM did to pacroid
Could be, but that doesn't always hold true.

You conveniently ignore the fact that Mayweather-Marquez wasn't a fair f!ght either.
 6 years ago '04        #15
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,472 | Props total: 16288 16288
So can money drop his f!ght with cotto now and do this, or is he locked in the terms and bob and pac knows this and trying to use this to make money look bad....

Last edited by killadre; 03-09-2012 at 04:37 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #16
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
I just want to see a fu*king f!ght, i don't really care who wins.
 03-08-2012, 09:23 PM         #17
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killadre said:
So can money drop his f!ght with cotto now and do this, or is he looked in the terms and bob and pac knows this and trying to use this to make money look bad....
It's possible that contracts aren't fully signed, sealed and delivered but that won't happen. If they are still negotiating, it would be for a f!ght later this year.
 03-08-2012, 09:26 PM         #18
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
you know its always never fair when it comes to money may

Hes to big. hes too small. hes too old. hes too young. he beat all the f!ghters before pacroid but u know pacroid beat them better, pacman gets full credit for beating money may left overs but somehow lets taint mayweathers victorys. he faught bum a.ss cotto and maragarito i can go on and on
FACT - Pacquiao fought Marquez at 125,130 & 144 and both made the agreed upon weight.

Mayweather agreed to f!ght Marquez at 144 (catchweight) and showed up at 146. Marquez had never fought above 135 before that f!ght. I give him full credit for a lot of his wins, but not that one.
 6 years ago '05        #19
Bea5T 137 heat pts137 OP
space
space
There is absolutely no reason for this f!ght not to get made if both f!ghters win their next f!ghts

sh*t is just a slap in the face to fans everywhere
 6 years ago '04        #20
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
Why is he offering this shyt now ?? Pac should've offered this shyt when they were in talks a month or two ago, I'm tired of Team Pacquiao always trying to save face AFTER talks fall through ( Oh Okay we'll take a blood test now, Oh okay we'll take less than 50% now ).
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
21 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
60 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
25 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
48 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy