With Kobe Bryant firing away, Pau Gasol addresses Los Angeles’ ‘selfishness’

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
69 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-08-2012, 04:03 PM         #61
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:
I guess his points aren't a stat huh?
He's trying to win the game, he feels like the next one will go in. It's not like he's out there shooting horrible shots. If you watched the game, which I know you didn't, he took pretty good shots. Only a couple late in shot clock and the defender didn't go for the first move leaving him forcing up a bad look. But the one's who just stat watch will say he just was chucking. Fact is they pass him the ball to score/close. He tried, he just failed. When the shots fall he's the man, so when they don't fall you just move on to the next one. Well that's what logical fans, teammates, coaches do. Bynum and Mike Brown had no problems with what he did.
 6 years ago '05        #62
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
 ondatpurple said:
I guess his points aren't a stat huh?

Why is it always you heatless bandwagonners that always seem to be confused about everything?
 03-08-2012, 04:05 PM         #63
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 superdrunken said:
Can't even defend kobe man, he's k!llin me with this bullsh*t selfish play style. fu*kin hell.
if you're a kobe fan you know what to expect. n*gga gets up 30 shots a few times every season. When they fall nobody complains so why complain when they don't.
 6 years ago '06        #64
budap06 
space
space
space
$408 | Props total: 11 11
 SOCIALITE said:
Exactly. People have been getting on Kobe for being Kobe his whole career. 2 finals MVPs says he gets the job done. And he ever since he got Pau he hasn't been just going into "fu*k these n*ggas" mode. He tries to make the right play, if he has an opening for a shot he shoots, if someone's open he passes(for the most part.) But when he passes to Pau, Pau just passes to World Peace so he doesn't get shot attempts. Idiots say he doesn't get the ball though. smh
Thank you sir, and yeah everyone looked at Gasol crazy when he passed it to World peace on one of those plays down the strech . But only people who actually watched the game would see how it really played out and not just looking at numbers, which most people do
 6 years ago '06        #65
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
 pus*yFiend said:
No, LeBrick cares about stats more than he does winning and we all were witnesses to that last year in the playoffs and obviously the finals and again this year....stop all this "trust his teammates" nonsense, dude cares about what his stats are going to look like at the end of the game.

Now, Kobe has to know when hes having an off night and look to pass the ball inside to his bigs...but kobe has been playing like this his whole career ..he don't give a fu*k about stats that's why he keeps on shootin... i mean 9 for 31 is horrible , i ain't defending that... but shooting and sh*ttin on teams 95% of the time is what he's been known for his whole career... you really think he's going to change that now?

i rather have a closer on my team than a dude who is allergic to touching the ball when the game is on the line..
dumbest post I've read all year
 03-08-2012, 04:09 PM         #66
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bkjj11 said:
Not the first time pau has said this.

Goin 9 for 26 and then goin 8 for 25 or wateva is stupid

Kobe gotta pass more
stat watcher....

Kobe passed to Pau almost every single play against the Pistons in the last 9 minutes(including OT) They ran the screen roll every play and Pau's man just aggressively double Kobe and Kobe passed it to Pau every single time. He can't shoot the ball for him man, what more can he do but set Pau up for open shots all qtr. long?
 03-08-2012, 04:09 PM         #67
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 skillahmang said:
just follow the triangle offensively. wtf.
Mike Brown does not know how to run any type of offense let alone the triangle.
 6 years ago '10        #68
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 SOCIALITE said:
He's trying to win the game, he feels like the next one will go in. It's not like he's out there shooting horrible shots. If you watched the game, which I know you didn't, he took pretty good shots. Only a couple late in shot clock and the defender didn't go for the first move leaving him forcing up a bad look. But the one's who just stat watch will say he just was chucking. Fact is they pass him the ball to score/close. He tried, he just failed. When the shots fall he's the man, so when they don't fall you just move on to the next one. Well that's what logical fans, teammates, coaches do. Bynum and Mike Brown had no problems with what he did.

[pic - click to view]

riiiiiiggghhhttt kobe doesnt take horrible shots

pus*yFiend said:

Why is it always you heatless bandwagonners that always seem to be confused about everything?
I laugh cuz lakers fans always make excuses for kobe no matter how selfish he plays
 6 years ago '06        #69
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
 pus*yFiend said:

this n*gga really do got LeBron in his mind at all times if there's a thread about magic/dwight howard you'll find pus*yfiend and nateum posting about "heatless fans, lebrick, d-wade, etc"
 6 years ago '05        #70
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
 PG-13 said:
dumbest post I've read all year

this coming from you? really?
 03-08-2012, 04:12 PM         #71
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:
n*ggas hate on lebron and praise kobe but at least lebron trusts his teammates, sometimes a little too much but at least he understands its a team sport

selfish n*ggas chucking up 30 shots and making 30% when other teammates got the hot hand
As I always say. Kobe will shoot the ball every play down in the 4th and gets k!lled by media and fans when it doesn't work

LeBron will pass the ball an extremely high % of the times in the same situation, and he gets k!lled by the media and fans when it doesn't work.

It's like two exact opposite players and the two players who catch the most sh*t about "Kobe would do this" "LeBron would do that"

Fact of the matter is, when you get the W you're the man and when you take an L you're Nas..I keed I keed.. you're either selfish or a choke.
 03-08-2012, 04:16 PM         #72
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:

[pic - click to view]

riiiiiiggghhhttt kobe doesnt take horrible shots

I laugh cuz lakers fans always make excuses for kobe no matter how selfish he plays
What an idiot smh Do you know the time on that bulls pic? it was no time to pass, he went into a shot at the very last second and it got blocked. What should he just pass out to an open player and have the time expire before they even receive the pass? The hate for this man got y'all n*ggas looking dumb as fu*k, I see y'all on other topics and agree with y'all but when Kobe comes up it's like all logic out the window.

and as far as "no matter how selfish he plays" the n*gga is who he is if that's selfish it's selfish fu*k it but when he winning championships doing what he does it's no compliants. 5 championships in 15 years, I'll live with his decisions.
 6 years ago '04        #73
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$18,906 | Props total: 4443 4443
 Hurricane24 said:
Something else to point out about kobe's game is that he does need to get closer, he k!lled the heat in the post, he has no reason to fall in love with the 3 and how much overall offensive capability he has I'm sure he can make some moves to get closer, its not like he has to attck the basket, just get easier shots, sometimes kobe acts like the game is horse and that u win with most difficult shots
he does have a reason to fall in love with threes he likes shooting the ball plain and simple u cant score if u dont shoot and on that team he would rather miss then have his team miss and be pissed that he prolly couldve scored
 6 years ago '06        #74
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
 pus*yFiend said:
No, LeBrick cares about stats more than he does winning and we all were witnesses to that last year in the playoffs and obviously the finals and again this year....stop all this "trust his teammates" nonsense, dude cares about what his stats are going to look like at the end of the game.

Now, Kobe has to know when hes having an off night and look to pass the ball inside to his bigs...but kobe has been playing like this his whole career ..he don't give a fu*k about stats that's why he keeps on shootin... i mean 9 for 31 is horrible , i ain't defending that... but shooting and sh*ttin on teams 95% of the time is what he's been known for his whole career... you really think he's going to change that now?

i rather have a closer on my team than a dude who is allergic to touching the ball when the game is on the line..
What do you mean last year playoffs? Didn't you see him vs. Boston go on a 10-0 run himself to close them out and the Bulls Him & D-Wade go on a 18-3 run to close out Bulls

So you're judging LeBron's clutchness from a Utah Jazz game and an All-Star game
 6 years ago '10        #75
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 SOCIALITE said:
What an idiot smh Do you know the time on that bulls pic? it was no time to pass, he went into a shot at the very last second and it got blocked. What should he just pass out to an open player and have the time expire before they even receive the pass? The hate for this man got y'all n*ggas looking dumb as fu*k, I see y'all on other topics and agree with y'all but when Kobe comes up it's like all logic out the window.

and as far as "no matter how selfish he plays" the n*gga is who he is if that's selfish it's selfish fu*k it but when he winning championships doing what he does it's no compliants. 5 championships in 15 years, I'll live with his decisions.
its no coincidence that when kobe takes the most shots his team loses. just like the years when he averages the most points the lakers dont win the championship. its a team sport, taking 30 shots =/= trying to win. move the ball around and stop acting like you don't have any help.
 03-08-2012, 04:25 PM         #76
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PG-13 said:
What do you mean last year playoffs? Didn't you see him vs. Boston go on a 10-0 run himself to close them out and the Bulls Him & D-Wade go on a 18-3 run to close out Bulls

So you're judging LeBron's clutchness from a Utah Jazz game and an All-Star game
let's see. 10-0 run....means he took all the shots right? Gotta shoot to score. I think you guys don't realize that.

And it's also funny that closing a team out is clutch in this argument but later you'll pull up a last 24 seconds tied or trailing by 3. None of those 10 points you speak of happened in that situation. That's why everbody but LeBron fans say stats lie. Because by the definition that's not clutch, by eye that's clutch. so fu*k the stats right?
 03-08-2012, 04:28 PM         #77
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:
its no coincidence that when kobe takes the most shots his team loses. just like the years when he averages the most points the lakers dont win the championship. its a team sport, taking 30 shots =/= trying to win. move the ball around and stop acting like you don't have any help.
Same goes for every star player pretty much. I've seen the same stat about CP3, Nash, and Durant to name a few. When the team needs it most they shoot more. When the games are easy and they are pulling off wins, the star players don't take so much into their own hands for the most part. It's not like he decides prior to the game he's gonna take a lot of shots and that's what cost the team. It's just played by the situation.
 6 years ago '04        #78
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,082 | Props total: 3878 3878
if memory serves me correctly them other cats on the squad are not super consistent to the point where kobe or the organization feel they can do it without him. sure kobe takes alot of shots but he also isn't scoring every single point so somebody else is touching the ball. its not like score is lakers 32 and other teams 95 ya feel me? so whats with all the complaints? Don't make that n*gga kobe pull a jordan and just sit on the bench and watch yall n*ggas get super blown out.. word to scotty, bj, hodges and d!cky simpkins....
 6 years ago '04        #79
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
despite having 2 seven footers, i think kobe feels like it's 05-07 all over again where he was carrying bums all the way to the playoffs. he doesnt know what kind of output he will get from these dudes, especially with the point guard situation STILL being what it is and management twiddling their thumbs.
 6 years ago '08        #80
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,023 | Props total: 5085 5085
Im not gonna say Kobe dosent take to many shots, a lot of you n*ggas is bandwagon haters. Ive been to games and naturally wanting to catch Kobe do some fly sh*t, I wait for that moment and he keeps passing to them n*ggas. Ive never seen so many missed lay-ups in my life from n*ggas thats 7'0". Gasol wont throw the ball down sometimes to same his life and Bynum constantly disappears. The man needs help and the selfish sh*t is over blow the same sh*t was said about another great player back in the day... until he got a n*gga named Pippen who he could trust.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago