With Kobe Bryant firing away, Pau Gasol addresses Los Angeles’ ‘selfishness’

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
191 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
138 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
227 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #41
omniscience 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$803 | Props total: 177 177
 Lucky Lefty14 said:
It's just hard to defend Kobe sometimes because he just plays without a conscience most of the time. Sure, it's good when he shoots 26-28 shots and makes half of them, but these past two games where he is 17-57 is just horrible to watch as a Kobe fan and Laker fan.

It's not like Kobe can't go out there and put up a stat line of 22 points on 14 shots and 9 a.ssists nightly, but he's just not willing to sacrifice those shots for the betterment of the team and become a playmaker. I know the Lakers have a high winning % when Kobe take less than 20 shots and has more than 7 a.ssists, but I don't think he wants to be that type of player because he feels he has to be a volume scorer for the Lakers to be contenders.

The key to the Lakers chances of winning it all this year is keeping the bigs happy. Bynum is dominating his matchup with the amount of touches he gets and Gasol is making the most of his situation and is still productive. If Kobe is WILLING to keep them happy then they can compete in the playoffs this year. If not, I see a scoring title and a first round exit.

Fixed that for you playa..

Good post tho..
 6 years ago '11        #42
Jay Lee 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,642 | Props total: 1376 1376
When it all falls down...
 6 years ago '04        #43
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
 Bkjj11 said:
Not the first time pau has said this.

Goin 9 for 26 and then goin 8 for 25 or wateva is stupid

Kobe gotta pass more
shoulda just /thread after ^^^^this
 6 years ago '06        #44
omniscience 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 MPLSallstar said:
Whether Pau said that or not I totally agree with that statement.

Perhaps overconfidence is what you need at times, especially when you see players like Lebron passing to UD in the clutch instead of taking it himself. But Kobe REALLY needs to shoot less.
I remember a few years back when we played OKC, Phil Jackson told Kobe that if he were going to continue to shoot that volume of shots he better be making them.

Mike is no Phil. Unfortunately, it may be the fact that Phil has such a long relationship. Mike can't have that.

So we're confusing poor bball IQ or selfishness(pick one) for overconfidence now??!!

You Kobe fanatics just can't remove his testicular pouch from your mouth..

I mean this sh*t is crazy..there's absolutely no way whatsoever to rationalize a player taking 30+ shots when you have 2 legit seven footers ready to take a high percentage shot..

Ya'll cant be this fu*kin dumb..
 6 years ago '06        #45
omniscience 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 MPLSallstar said:
Overconfidence isn't a compliment, dumb fu*k.

Who said it was a compliment??

Not me..

My post takes aim at the fact that you c*ck gobblers always got an excuse for his p!ss poor shooting..

News flash cornball..1) Kobe's not a great shooter and his percentages reflect that..

2.) Only a selfish ballhog who doesnt care about the concept of team would jack 30+ shots when he has two 7 footers waiting to get the pill..

3.) Kobe isnt as smart as ya'll make him out to be..and his shot selection can vouch for that.

Learn how to read and comprehend basic english clown..
 03-08-2012, 03:05 PM         #46
Mikederm11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Coming from a Laker fan.. Kobe can be selfish... But I rather him be selfish than to pull that sh*t he did against Phoenix in the playoffs & not shoot at all!
 6 years ago '07        #47
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 Hurricane24 said:
c'mon man, those grizzly teams werent any good, gasol like any other star player cannot do it alone, sure to not win a playoff game makes it look worse but when he's the single reason they're there i don't think he's to blame, as far as owing kobe everything, you're just trolling, gasol has put forth a lot of hard work and he was a big factor in lakers success over recent years, again its a team game, as for odom, that dude wasn't mentally prepared for an nba season especially after the terrible offseason he had. He got into a car accident that k!lled someone, he was affected by that, which you'd have to not be human to not be affected by that
its the dumbest think when people say someone was "by himself?.

If pau could carry the grizzlies to almost 50 games by himself he should be able to win 1 out of 12 playoff games hahahahaah like c'mon that is ridiculous.
 6 years ago '07        #48
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 timdog said:
why was kobe demanding a trade that yr
that was the summer before he got fish back and Bynum finally showed he could play. Those players he had that season before where are they now?
 6 years ago '05        #49
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
damn..to wizards...selfish sucka
 6 years ago '07        #50
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 omniscience said:
Aye..

Take your fat..wale-like..gorilla sack smellin a.ss up outta here.

You have to be the corniest n*gga on this site..no question about it.

You support Kobe's sh*tty play and shooting..yet criticize Lebron's stellar play as if its nothing..

But I know you're trolling..so I will continue to make it a point to son the extra cellulite off of you..that way..maybe some skeevy BK hoodrat may give you half a look..

I see right through you fam..Ol' transparent blob a.ss n*gga..
You ain't built like me boy so be easy cuz karma is a bi*ch and a real n*gga could check yo a.ss

I never defended Kobe, I just spoke on n*ggas having the nerve to run they mouth in the media. Especially when Kobe endorsed him staying even thought he was a bi*ch in the playoffs last year. You never heard Kobe blame the playoffs on his or Lamar horrible play.
 03-08-2012, 03:22 PM         #51
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who the cares, we got 16 banners..........Ya'll can stay hating and talking sh*t all day. Sooner or later we will figure this sh*t out and get another banner. They just ain't Motivated and playing with some fu*king fire under they a.ss.

I don't care about the triangle or anything else....you get played to play bball, it aint rocket science or physics. Learn some fu*king plays and grow some nutts Gasol. Making me wanna come down n slap all the fu*king players up, like yall want to keep your mofo jobs. Disgusted.

Only bright note, is the Celtics suck more and ain't getting another banner anytime soon. :D
 03-08-2012, 03:25 PM         #52
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 omniscience said:
I hear them coming...

I LOVE the sounds of male on male felatio??..

in 5..4...3...2...1

"but..but..but nobody on the Laker roster can put the ball in the basket"

"Bu bu but Kobe is the best scorer the league has ever seen..sometimes u have bad shooting nights"

"Bu..bu..But We have no bench or pg."

"bu..bu..but I'll take my chances with Kobe taking 30 shots per game."

A bunch a fu*kin semen cap dummies..

I swear..i despise Kobe stans more than PAC stans and that says alot..
your obsession with this is quite disgusting
 6 years ago '06        #53
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7

Gasol!
 03-08-2012, 03:39 PM         #54
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mikederm11 said:
Coming from a Laker fan.. Kobe can be selfish... But I rather him be selfish than to pull that sh*t he did against Phoenix in the playoffs & not shoot at all!
It should not be either way though. I consider Kobe one of the all time greats. But sometimes he acts like a complete a**hole. Nobody wants him to just dish the ball without shooting. He needs to take the selfish criticism positively. Kobe needs to take six to eight less shots a game and get Gasol and Bynum more involved. Kobe should be taking around 20 shots a game. Only taking more if he is on fire.

Part of the problem is Mike Brown and the lack of a good offense. Part of it is also on Kobe though. Kobe needs to still be aggressive offensively, but also figure out a way to get the ball into the bigs. If he tries and cannot because Mike Brown's offense sucks, then so be it. At least try though. If he tried on a consistent basis and people saw that the offense is no good, the pressure would be solely on Mike Brown. As of right now though, Kobe is not trying to get the bigs involved as much as he should.
 6 years ago '04        #55
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,694 | Props total: 11382 11382
just follow the triangle offensively. wtf.
 6 years ago '05        #56
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
 ondatpurple said:
n*ggas hate on lebron and praise kobe but at least lebron trusts his teammates, sometimes a little too much but at least he understands its a team sport

selfish n*ggas chucking up 30 shots and making 30% when other teammates got the hot hand
No, LeBrick cares about stats more than he does winning and we all were witnesses to that last year in the playoffs and obviously the finals and again this year....stop all this "trust his teammates" nonsense, dude cares about what his stats are going to look like at the end of the game.

Now, Kobe has to know when hes having an off night and look to pass the ball inside to his bigs...but kobe has been playing like this his whole career ..he don't give a fu*k about stats that's why he keeps on shootin... i mean 9 for 31 is horrible , i ain't defending that... but shooting and sh*ttin on teams 95% of the time is what he's been known for his whole career... you really think he's going to change that now?

i rather have a closer on my team than a dude who is allergic to touching the ball when the game is on the line..
 6 years ago '06        #57
budap06 
space
space
space
$408 | Props total: 11 11
While Kobe shouldnt be talking 30 shots regularly especially when he is having a off night, lets think about these facts: A. They gave the ball to him almost every possession in the last few minutes of the game, every time they doubled him he passed it to Gasol. B. If Kobe were to start taking only 15 shots a game, pass it to Gasol/Bynum every time at the end of games then move out of the way and the Lakers lost, everyone in the media would say Kobe quit on his team.

At this point Kobe is never going to change for the rest of his career. Whether thats good or bad(I think its ok) he is going to be the primary option and a volume shooter, and its got him 2 ships...
 03-08-2012, 03:55 PM         #58
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
his teamates even going in
The sissy who also said on NBATV he was only complaining because they loss a few games earlier in the season when he was bi*ching. If you watch the games, this dude complains every single time something doesn't go his way. He can have the ball and just throw it to the other team, he turns and looks at somebody and complains. And it's only this sissy. Bynum said he wasn't taking that game seriously and he was just out there having fun.

But you're P. Dildos you'll be against Kobe if he saved your own kid from a burning building. So why waste my energy.
 6 years ago '10        #59
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 pus*yFiend said:
No, LeBrick cares about stats more than he does winning and we all were witnesses to that last year in the playoffs and obviously the finals and again this year....stop all this "trust his teammates" nonsense, dude cares about what his stats are going to look like at the end of the game.

Now, Kobe has to know when hes having an off night and look to pass the ball inside to his bigs...but kobe has been playing like this his whole career ..he don't give a fu*k about stats that's why he keeps on shootin... i mean 9 for 31 is horrible , i ain't defending that... but shooting and sh*ttin on teams 95% of the time is what he's been known for his whole career... you really think he's going to change that now?

i rather have a closer on my team than a dude who is allergic to touching the ball when the game is on the line..
I guess his points aren't a stat huh?
 03-08-2012, 03:59 PM         #60
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 budap06 said:
While Kobe shouldnt be talking 30 shots regularly especially when he is having a off night, lets think about these facts: A. They gave the ball to him almost every possession in the last few minutes of the game, every time they doubled him he passed it to Gasol. B. If Kobe were to start taking only 15 shots a game, pass it to Gasol/Bynum every time at the end of games then move out of the way and the Lakers lost, everyone in the media would say Kobe quit on his team.

At this point Kobe is never going to change for the rest of his career. Whether thats good or bad(I think its ok) he is going to be the primary option and a volume shooter, and its got him 2 ships...
Exactly. People have been getting on Kobe for being Kobe his whole career. 2 finals MVPs says he gets the job done. And he ever since he got Pau he hasn't been just going into "fu*k these n*ggas" mode. He tries to make the right play, if he has an opening for a shot he shoots, if someone's open he passes(for the most part.) But when he passes to Pau, Pau just passes to World Peace so he doesn't get shot attempts. Idiots say he doesn't get the ball though. smh
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
65 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
48 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago