All Things Stock Market Thread

most viewed right now
Article inside Lead singer from Linkin Park commits suicide
404 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Man Divorces Wife On Their HONEYMOON After Seeing her w/ NO MAKEUP
37 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Usher's friends: "Aye you might wanna log into twitter right now fam"
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Remy Ma and homeless bum passed out
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '05        #1921
Hold That 101 heat pts101
space
space
$35,800 | Props total: 9683 9683

Last edited by Hold That; 10-20-2013 at 07:26 AM..
 4 years ago '06        #1922
Rique 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
$38,753 | Props total: 14608 14608
 Hold That said:
Just had to make sure you didnt poison my thread and tell ppl to buy that bs stock
 4 years ago '06        #1923
Rique 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
 slickbak said:
Just got my a.ss kicked by some chi-stocks, the fundamental looked incredible and charts looked perfect, then all of a sudden I went from 15% gain to 4% gain over night. (I was expecting 50%+ and planned to hold long term.)

I am lacking ALOT of discipline when it comes to trading (borderline gambling) and just want to know where I can park my money until I get myself sorted out.
I have about 2.7k left to invest (down 400$ for the whole year) and was considering mutual funds, or a good dividend stocks. Any tips.
GTLLX its a mutual fund I've been riding with check it out its had good growth and its better to just ride something like this out vs gambling
 4 years ago '04        #1924
hammertime71604 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 246 246
$NNVC

get in now before you miss out
 4 years ago '04        #1925
hammertime71604 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 246 246
NNVC with another big day today
 4 years ago '08        #1926
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
space
$28,515 | Props total: 6815 6815
 AiRDoGG923 said:
o7! would you mind giving your opinion on SVU? thanks!
Looking pretty bearish on long term charts. Gonna head for $6, possibly lower into the end of the year.
 4 years ago '10        #1927
Richie Aprile 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,080 | Props total: 49 49
question... i'm thinking about going straight ALL-IN on visa (V) right now for the long term. Mastercard is currently trading in the 700's, Visa is below 200 but hasn't been trading nearly as long and has only gone up since the ipo (look at a monthly chart if you can). At the same time i don't really have much trade experience and thinking about investing like 50-60k so just want to take in a few opinions first since ya'll seem to know what you're doing..

'much appreciated ya'll

Last edited by Richie Aprile; 11-02-2013 at 02:40 AM..
 4 years ago '08        #1928
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
space
 Richie Aprile said:
question... i'm thinking about going straight ALL-IN on visa (V) right now for the long term. Mastercard is currently trading in the 700's, Visa is below 200 but hasn't been trading nearly as long and has only gone up since the ipo (look at a monthly chart if you can). At the same time i don't really have much trade experience and thinking about investing like 50-60k so just want to take in a few opinions first since ya'll seem to know what you're doing..

'much appreciated ya'll

For starters it's a bad idea to go all in one stock. Also don't compare it to MA .. Just because MA is at $700+ doesn't mean V should be valued there. The share price is irrelevant. If you look at AXP and DFS, 2 other credit card stocks, they're trading even lower.

With that said, V only has a .66% dividend and is already up quite a bit this year. I would stay away from it.

If you're looking to invest in a stock long term I would recommend a 'safety stock'. They offer high yields, and are typically unaffected by the overall markets. Something like KO (coca cola) for example

Look into selling covered OTM calls as you own the stock to generate a weekly/monthly income. It's an almost guaranteed way to not lose on the stock, but it takes time as it's slow but steady income.

Over time you can basically own the stock for free by selling covered calls, while collecting the dividend and taking whatever gain you get from the stock if it goes up. But the money you'll make from selling calls is much greater than you'll ever make from the stock.

Good luck
 4 years ago '06        #1929
Rique 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
 AiRDoGG923 said:
Can I buy mutual funds just like stocks? I don't see a minimum amount I have to buy, am I correct that there is none?
Mutual Funds have minimum investment amounts. The minimum for GTLLX is low though compared to other mutual funds. I think its around $1000 or so don't remember
 4 years ago '09        #1930
autotm 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 385 385
Anyone here going to Invest in the upcoming new console releases Sony ($Sne) is trading at 16.75. down for the past few days from, low 20s. gonna get in now and sale after after holiday season
 4 years ago '10        #1931
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 4 4
$CLF and $BTU breaking out. Materials & Energy ftw!

4 years ago '04        #1932
CLICKCLICK 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,176 | Props total: 15 15
What do you guys think of Disney?

I know it's at an all-time high right now but is the success of the Marvel and Star Wars properties already baked in?

Avengers 2, start of the new Star Wars saga as well as including a Star Wars section to the DisneyLand parks will all start in 2015.
 4 years ago '09        #1933
autotm 5 heat pts
space
space
 CLICKCLICK said:

I know it's at an all-time high right now but is the success of the Marvel and Star Wars properties already baked in?

Avengers 2, start of the new Star Wars saga as well as including a Star Wars section to the DisneyLand parks will all start in 2015.

I'm also thinking about getting in on Disney. 2015 outlook is amazing for them. especially with them opening another Disney shanghai
 4 years ago '11        #1934
indagame 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,826 | Props total: 5395 5395
 autotm said:
Anyone here going to Invest in the upcoming new console releases Sony ($Sne) is trading at 16.75. down for the past few days from, low 20s. gonna get in now and sale after after holiday season
I was actually looking at Microsoft with the xbox one coming out. A friend of mine said that the company will likely take a loss when the console initially comes out. If that's true then the best time to buy might be after the consoles come out.
 4 years ago '09        #1935
autotm 5 heat pts
space
space
 indagame said:
I was actually looking at Microsoft with the xbox one coming out. A friend of mine said that the company will likely take a loss when the console initially comes out. If that's true then the best time to buy might be after the consoles come out.
the percentage of Microsoft that the console division is really isn't that large, something like 10 % and with Microsoft's pricing on the xbox , Microsoft will not sell the Xbox One for a loss this time around.

I think getting in on $amd now is a good time, They are making both the cpu and gpu for both systems. had a profitable last quarter and only loss share price because analyst downgraded it to a sell
 4 years ago '11        #1936
indagame 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,826 | Props total: 5395 5395
 autotm said:
the percentage of Microsoft that the console division is really isn't that large, something like 10 % and with Microsoft's pricing on the xbox , Microsoft will not sell the Xbox One for a loss this time around.

I think getting in on $amd now is a good time, They are making both the cpu and gpu for both systems. had a profitable last quarter and only loss share price because analyst downgraded it to a sell
they might be able to move some tablets and phones around Christmas time but now i'm speculating
 4 years ago '05        #1937
CornSlice 
space
space
$197 | Props total: 56 56
 CLICKCLICK said:

I've had Disney shares since middle of August and it's slowly been going up. I think it's a good investment. I wanna sell what i got right now to invest in something cheaper and try and make some quicker cash lol.
 4 years ago '08        #1938
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
space
 CornSlice said:
I've had Disney shares since middle of August and it's slowly been going up. I think it's a good investment. I wanna sell what i got right now to invest in something cheaper and try and make some quicker cash lol.
You should be selling calls if you own the stock. It's free money.
 4 years ago '09        #1939
WezLFaCe_KiD 56 heat pts56
space
space
$14,731 | Props total: 848 848
that disney idea sounds great!
 11-14-2013, 05:17 PM         #1940
WezLBoy Wonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thinking of investing $500 in sprint also thinking of investing in a vegan resturant in LA that is growing rapidly and opening new stores. vegan products and food are on the rise. that disney idea sounds great too. i just joined kingtrade today, im a rookie so ill be lurking these stock pages on bx everyday. thanx
Home      

most viewed right now
Jul 19 - Why Americans are having less sex
26 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Whos moms is this?
132 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Michelle Rodriguez something serious with the bang bangs
39 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jul 19 - Jesus is Real: Error Wipes out 5B in Student Loan Debt
110 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LET IT BURN! Usher Paying Bishes $1M For Giving 'Em Herpes. Get Yo Bis..
197 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA WHAT YOUR LEGS LOOK LIKE AFTER 16 Ws FOR THE 2018 PLAYOFFS :mjWTF:
22 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Ya'll Remember that show Cheaters
80 comments
1 day ago