All Things Stock Market Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside MAKONNEN goes off on DRAKE!! OVO was like PRISON DRAKE used him and TH..
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn Brilliant Idiot's Podcast almost melts down. Charlamagne says Schulz..
144 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Fake Miami Dolphin player has been scamming white women for years
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside School Boy Q disses BX's Golden Boy Drake
141 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

06-12-2013, 02:22 AM         #1861
TiPZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slickbak said:
Finally got a handle on basic stock market knowledge like how to use, Resistance, Support, MACD, Moving Averages, and volume as indicators. What other indicators are worth looking into? How reliable are chart patterns like cup and handle, etc. I noticed patterns such as head and shoulders in practice is not as recognizable as in the books so I'm considering not bother trying to learn charts patterns.

Secondly, I need help finding a reliable chart analysis software that will let me draw on it and use different indicators. Free would be nice, but if there is some cheap software I don't mind purchasing, and something for android tablet would be even better.

Lastly, can someone recommend any books or site that gives some insight into recognizing/avoiding false indicator's on charts? A lot of the books I have read give examples of when techniques go as planned but don't speak on what false flags looks like.

Thanks in Advance.
to be honest, none of that stuff matters. You should get familiar with technical analysis, but don't rely off of it to trade, use different strategies. There are a ton of ways to trade and invest in the markets, and usually the techicians are the losers.
 06-12-2013, 02:24 AM         #1862
TiPZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 feardafoot said:
Bought VOCUS (VOCS) at 8.50 a while back.. Would you guys sell now? 52 wk low and high is 8.40 and 20... Stay in or get out??

I have 1200 shares in this
8.09 is the low on my chart... that was a nice flip, get out and move on
 06-14-2013, 08:06 PM         #1863
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:
it's all capital gains tax, same as stocks.
how do you legally get around capital gains
 06-14-2013, 08:09 PM         #1864
TiPZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Niruggg said:
how do you legally get around capital gains
you can't. If you buy an instrument and sell it for a higher price, you get taxed 15% on that gain.

If you start studying cash-flow investments, or passive income.. then you can get around capital gains. In my opinion capital gains is gambling. If you want to truly invest you invest for cash-flow investments such as real-estate and options selling strategies.
 4 years ago '12        #1865
slickbak 
space
space
$859 | Props total: 230 230
Hey what do you guys think of RAD. Ive been holding since 2.92 and I'm thinking of buying more shares before earnings. My gut tells me this is a bad idea, but i think there is a lot of potential run on positive earnings? I plan on holding to the end of the year.
 4 years ago '06        #1866
Rique 53 heat pts53 OP
space
space
$37,215 | Props total: 11279 11279
i stacked up 15k to invest in something going to be messing around again soon
 4 years ago '05        #1867
feardafoot 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 0 0
 TiPZ said:
8.09 is the low on my chart... that was a nice flip, get out and move on
Im still in.. It closed at 10.45 today. I been itching to sell, but haven't pulled the trigger
 4 years ago '05        #1868
feardafoot 
space
space
 BlackieRobinson said:
I have $2,500 saved up, any advice on how to flip?
Buying stock running at its 52 week low, and expecting short and or long returns, is a myth in stock trading. However, it has been working for me.

Most recently I bought VOCS at its 52 week low (8.48 or close), and sold at 10.50 a couple weeks later. Made over 2k.

The thing with trading stock is, it takes money to make money. I had to invest over 10k in that stock to make that amount. I been investing everything into 1 stock at a time. Easier to keep up with it. Right now im all in on WLT (Coal company at $10.08). Big risk, but you have to be willing to take those risk's. It would be no different for me investing 10k, or 100k.. I'd still play it the same way.

I started my IRA with around 1k or a little more. I flipped by buying stocks running at or around their 52 week low. Sometimes they had dropped due to an earnings miss, or a customer loss. Nothing really devastating for the company. Check (VOCS and VVUS) for examples. Look at the last 3 months or so. Look for the dramatic dips and then they bounce back. Maybe not all the way, but anytime you can flip a stock and sell it $1.00 more than you bought it for, that's great.

My advice is take your 2.5k and try one thing at a time. Just buy in using the whole thing and plug the stock abbreviation in your phone. Check it daily. Sell when you get that itch. You'll flip it!!

Here are some possibilities to look at: (BBRY)- dropped over $4 a share due to an earnings miss. Running at 10 a share, 52 week high is 18, low is 6. (TAHO) running at 14.. high is 22 low is 11. On its way back to at least 16 you'd have to think.

Here's a link All I do is pick one by reading up on the company, and make a decision. Look for sharp drop-offs, not slow declines over months. This is all I have done. My IRA is at 48K right now. I started about where you are now. I haven't contributed a dime of my own money to it since I started trading. I have taken some out only.
 07-07-2013, 04:43 AM         #1869
TiPZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 feardafoot said:
Right now im all in on WLT (Coal company at $10.08). Big risk, but you have to be willing to take those risk's. It would be no different for me investing 10k, or 100k.. I'd still play it the same way.
I'm loving $WLT at these prices. I've sold some put verticals at the 9 strike. Collecting fat premiums off of such high implied volatility. This $10 level is also long term support.
 4 years ago '12        #1870
Slam 2 Point Oh 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$966 | Props total: 74 74
 TiPZ said:
I'm loving $WLT at these prices. I've sold some put verticals at the 9 strike. Collecting fat premiums off of such high implied volatility. This $10 level is also long term support.
Ok im real late on this thread but better late than never. I dont understand a word u said right there so can you or anyone else in thread help a n*gga out lol
 4 years ago '10        #1871
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 2 2
 TiPZ said:
$WLT did nice today. It should move higher to $15-$17. I like $PBR and $VALE. Has exposure to Brazil and both performed well today.
 4 years ago '10        #1872
space
space
space
 BlackieRobinson said:
Guys I got 3 K saved up what should I use it on (stocks)
Do you know how to trade/invest in stocks? Learn that first.
 4 years ago '08        #1873
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
$27,240 | Props total: 5420 5420
WLT is a.ss. Has strong support coming up at $0

Not sure why you guys are investing in that. Gonna go bankrupt eventually.
 4 years ago '07        #1874
Deniro732 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,586 | Props total: 1354 1354
 Chaos said:
Do you know how to trade/invest in stocks? Learn that first.
Where should I start?

Any books, websites, videos, or movies you recommend?
 4 years ago '10        #1875
space
space
space
 Deniro732 said:
Where should I start?

Any books, websites, videos, or movies you recommend?
Investopedia.com

It has tons of information on investing and trading (big difference).
 4 years ago '07        #1876
Deniro732 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,586 | Props total: 1354 1354
Thanks bruh! Prop'd
 4 years ago '10        #1877
space
space
space
I still like Brazil $VALE $PBR $EWZ
 07-24-2013, 01:32 PM         #1878
IamMartian 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For anyone wondering where to get started, I would recommend technical analysis books and a minimum of 2000$ cash. Major Fundamentals analysis is useless for me as people are irrational and stocks typically fly on the most random news. The only fundamentals I find necessary are

1) Low Debt
2) High Volume
3) Positive EPS.
4) Frequent Press and earnings report (good or bad)

Focus on technical indicators such as Moving Averages, Oscillators, and basic pattern formations. Then create a system of rules for yourself that dictate when you trade. Your system should have what your minimum percentage returns will be on each trade, how long you will hold the stock, and what percent loss you will take before you call it quits (I recommend 5%), anyone should be able to follow your system and make a profit without having to think to hard as emotions are a major cause of losses (greed, fear, impatience).

Ps. Not a financial advisor just trade stocks.
 07-24-2013, 03:34 PM         #1879
IamMartian 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hey anyone have any thoughts on whats going on with gold and mining stocks. I ended up buying because an indicator went off but noticed that even the sh*ttiest mining stocks are up alot, I heard something about china interest rates, but have no idea why this would make gold stock go up. Is this a long term or short term run up.
 4 years ago '05        #1880
feardafoot 
space
space
Made a little bundle off WLT.

Been on MACK since their latest plunge. Just got a better outlook and their MM111 drug is moving forward. Hope this goes to $6 soon. Ready to get out.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melina Can Do the Splits on This D1ck
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hallie Jade Mathers
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mar 22 - Legendary Mafia Goon Depicted In Goodfellas Arrested With Got..
67 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside MizzTwerksum Has A Wardrobe Malfunction! (Big Booty Exposed)
29 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Mar 22 - Missing 15 year old girl "heinously raped" on FB live
211 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sesame Street introduces a new Muppet who has a father in jail
73 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Husband Supports Wife In Court After She Fu€Ks 14yr Old Numerous Times..
101 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Uk Rapper Giggs Blasts Samuel L Jackson
94 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy