All Things Stock Market Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake does what this whole generation should do and tats Wayne on his ..
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hillary "Donkey" Duff Taunts BX With Her Painted On Jeans
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Maliah Michel declines drake's offer to save
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA TWITTER REACTS TO DERRICK ROSE SIGNING WITH LEBRON CAVALIERS :mjlol:
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '05        #1841
KruptedWayz 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$3,597 | Props total: 672 672
I threw $225 on FNMA stock about a year ago when it was $0.27 a share, nice lil come up now that it's over $2.00
 4 years ago '10        #1842
Swiph Mix 13 heat pts13
space
space
$408 | Props total: 79 79
JCP is over 19!
That Goldman money is finally kicking sh*t up.

APPL is still solid.....for the moment.

TD has been slowly going up for the moment. Maybe a lil bit more since Vernon Hill isn't getting his money.

Home Depot has been on a roll this year but on a recent downturn. Not sure if I should get rid of it soon. Spring/Summer is here...

If I dump HD I will probably put it in DOW or S&P....unless if someone else has any suggestions??

Toll Brothers seems to be doing well with the housing market and all. I don't have any interest in there though. I believe it's too late to jump on the train now though.......or is it

Looking for the next one.....
 4 years ago '05        #1843
daoneandonly 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$398 | Props total: 133 133
do yall think ford is worth investing in?
 4 years ago '06        #1844
Rique 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
$38,801 | Props total: 14680 14680
 daoneandonly said:
Lol I had a client by 2 mill at $10 a share and our target was 11 now its at almost 15

We advised him against it too
 4 years ago '10        #1845
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 4 4
 daoneandonly said:
$F is on a clear breakout on the weekly.
 4 years ago '05        #1846
Reezyboi254 
space
space
space
$93 | Props total: 0 0
 KruptedWayz said:
I threw $225 on FNMA stock about a year ago when it was $0.27 a share, nice lil come up now that it's over $2.00
Nice. What's your thoughts on the stock overall? I've been looking at it these past couple of months. I think it's going to continue to steadily rise before it caps out around 10-15. The housing market has recovered in a lot of places. Also interest rates are starting to rise which should be good for the secondary market
 4 years ago '05        #1847
space
space
space
 Reezyboi254 said:
Nice. What's your thoughts on the stock overall? I've been looking at it these past couple of months. I think it's going to continue to steadily rise before it caps out around 10-15. The housing market has recovered in a lot of places. Also interest rates are starting to rise which should be good for the secondary market
It all depends on what the Gov't decides to do with it, they are making cake off it. I just sold mine at $2.90 on Friday.
 4 years ago '06        #1848
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,567 | Props total: 155 155
 matelyan said:
What's your take on the alleged "medical marijuana" boom that is supposed to happen? I see a lot of stocks like MJNA, PHOT, MDBX, AEGY, and ERBB claiming to have business in the medical marijuana industry.

They are all mostly penny stocks except for MDBX. And reading your above "advice" makes me think that they aren't worth investing in
To me thats the same as the stem cell boom. I invested around $1500 in companies that specialized in that. I thought the government would have legalized it but they didn't pass the bill so the stocks sat in a limbo and then started to fall when the subsidies didn't come and no breakthroughs were made.

I would stay away from those types of things until they are definitely going to be legal and final. Also penny stocks sound good. Invest in a stock that is .05 and it shoots up to .50 and you sell it. Trouble is that it usually they rise and fall by penny increments or they are bought out by a larger company and your 1000 shares turn into 50 shares of a more valuable stock.
 4 years ago '08        #1849
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
space
$28,530 | Props total: 6856 6856
 Sammyboi22 said:
To me thats the same as the stem cell boom. I invested around $1500 in companies that specialized in that. I thought the government would have legalized it but they didn't pass the bill so the stocks sat in a limbo and then started to fall when the subsidies didn't come and no breakthroughs were made.

I would stay away from those types of things until they are definitely going to be legal and final. Also penny stocks sound good. Invest in a stock that is .05 and it shoots up to .50 and you sell it. Trouble is that it usually they rise and fall by penny increments or they are bought out by a larger company and your 1000 shares turn into 50 shares of a more valuable stock.

That's not how buyouts work.
 4 years ago '05        #1850
daoneandonly 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$398 | Props total: 133 133
which is a good broker? i am looking at tdameritrade. i do have a zecco now tradeking acct and sharebuilder are those good enough?
 4 years ago '10        #1851
Zane Cobain 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,298 | Props total: 812 812
Someone spit some knowledge to me on how exactly stocks work...

or if you don't feel like it, link me to like a "Stock Market for Dummies 101" or something along those lines that you've read that will give me a good breakdown.

Much appreciated/Props will be Given.
 4 years ago '06        #1852
Rique 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
$38,801 | Props total: 14680 14680
my god mdso
 4 years ago '12        #1853
slickbak 
space
space
$883 | Props total: 318 318
Finally got a handle on basic stock market knowledge like how to use, Resistance, Support, MACD, Moving Averages, and volume as indicators. What other indicators are worth looking into? How reliable are chart patterns like cup and handle, etc. I noticed patterns such as head and shoulders in practice is not as recognizable as in the books so I'm considering not bother trying to learn charts patterns.

Secondly, I need help finding a reliable chart analysis software that will let me draw on it and use different indicators. Free would be nice, but if there is some cheap software I don't mind purchasing, and something for android tablet would be even better.

Lastly, can someone recommend any books or site that gives some insight into recognizing/avoiding false indicator's on charts? A lot of the books I have read give examples of when techniques go as planned but don't speak on what false flags looks like.

Thanks in Advance.
 4 years ago '10        #1854
space
space
space
 slickbak said:
Finally got a handle on basic stock market knowledge like how to use, Resistance, Support, MACD, Moving Averages, and volume as indicators. What other indicators are worth looking into? How reliable are chart patterns like cup and handle, etc. I noticed patterns such as head and shoulders in practice is not as recognizable as in the books so I'm considering not bother trying to learn charts patterns.

Secondly, I need help finding a reliable chart analysis software that will let me draw on it and use different indicators. Free would be nice, but if there is some cheap software I don't mind purchasing, and something for android tablet would be even better.

Lastly, can someone recommend any books or site that gives some insight into recognizing/avoiding false indicator's on charts? A lot of the books I have read give examples of when techniques go as planned but don't speak on what false flags looks like.

Thanks in Advance.
IMHO, resistance, support and momentum are the most important things you'll ever need in this market.

Who is your broker? I suggest trading with TD Ameritrade. They also have TOS (thinkorswim) which is their trading platform. It's flexible when it comes to indicators and stuff. They have tools I've never heard of before.

Now as for chart patterns, I find them to be accurate because you are using them on the price chart. You're analyzing what price is telling you. H&S patterns are common as well as Inverse H&S. I would recommend reading about candlesticks which give you signals if the mkt is moving higher or lower.

Another tool you can use to predict if a stock is topping or bottoming is RSI, MFI, or Stochastic. These will help you find potential turning points in a cycle. Indicators may tell you when to buy or sell but they aren't analyzing the supply and demand of a security. Use volume to for that.

Last edited by Ambassador; 05-30-2013 at 05:12 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #1855
space
space
space
If your day trading and want to take a risk, money can be made with FNMA/FMCC. It's been going up and down the last 2 weeks.
 4 years ago '10        #1856
space
space
space
 KruptedWayz said:
If your day trading and want to take a risk, money can be made with FNMA/FMCC. It's been going up and down the last 2 weeks.

Wasn't $FNMA stock behaving chaotic the other day. I'd stay away
 4 years ago '05        #1857
space
space
space
 Chaos said:

Wasn't $FNMA stock behaving chaotic the other day. I'd stay away
Yeah that's why I said its a risk. I bought in at $.27 and sold at $2.63 and $2.90 (It went up to $5.44 and then dropped). I bought back in at $1.30 with what I gained, gonna see what happens next week.
 4 years ago '10        #1858
space
space
space
 KruptedWayz said:
Yeah that's why I said its a risk. I bought in at $.27 and sold at $2.63 and $2.90 (It went up to $5.44 and then dropped). I bought back in at $1.30 with what I gained, gonna see what happens next week.
I see
 06-05-2013, 01:14 PM         #1859
feardafoot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bought VOCUS (VOCS) at 8.50 a while back.. Would you guys sell now? 52 wk low and high is 8.40 and 20... Stay in or get out??

I have 1200 shares in this
 06-06-2013, 12:00 AM         #1860
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What is this 30% number I keep hearing... is that true what good traders aim for?
Home      

most viewed right now
Boyfriend watches girlfriend with yoga instructor! (gone wrong!)
9 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
She thicc in the right places
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The truth about black seed oil and how it changed my life
258 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
She actually a dime, shame she a smut doe...
47 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Top Goons Turned Rapper List
197 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Cop or Pass: Air Jordan 31 Low Triple Black
69 comments
2 days ago