All Things Stock Market Thread

most viewed right now
 265
Anybody got stories of getting a gun pulled on em or getting robbed?
60 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 150
McDouble is 'cheapest and most nutritious food in human history'
92 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 102
NBA Jalen Rose my dude hate it had to be him
179 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 94
NBA Kobe Holding Lavar's Ball's
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

 4 years ago '08        #1821
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,339 | Props total: 5470 5470
My brother opened an account in mid-late april. Started trading for him a few weeks ago...



[pic - click to view]





 4 years ago '04        #1822
sk8erongrass 
space
avatar space
space
$126 | Props total: 11 11
 Rique said:
depends what ur looking for u gotta know what characteristics u want. Ive been fu*king with Real estate funds lately cuz the housing market is back
Yea I've been doing stocks for a while but wanna spread my money around so just seeing what in vanguard might be best for the long term
 4 years ago '07        #1823
JordanWest86 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$3,207 | Props total: 1128 1128
 sk8erongrass said:
whats some good mutual funds on vanguard.
I'm 26 and the two I just got for my Roth IRA with Vanguard are Equity Income Fund and Target Retirement 2050 Fund. The Retirement fund will become more and more conservative the closer to my retirement. I think the Equity Income Fund is an entire mixture of domestic and non domestic stock, no bonds at all. High risk, high reward. I can gamble being I'm young.

Does anyone know if most people's IRA's are usually made up of 2 mutual funds or more?


Last edited by JordanWest86; 05-14-2013 at 12:31 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #1824
FalconBuddha 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$7,268 | Props total: 1030 1030
Ok stupid question here

But, whats a good way to get into the stock market? By that, i dont mean what sites should i start trading on or anything, but basically im a complete beginner and dont know much about the market but want to learn more about it. Basically, what are some good books/websites to learn more about the market and how to learn to invest? Are there classes, at say, community college that teach invest/trading?

Got a book from a friend but it was way over my head and now im not sure where to start, any advice would be amazing right now
 4 years ago '04        #1825
sk8erongrass 
space
avatar space
space
$126 | Props total: 11 11
 JordanWest86 said:
I'm 26 and the two I just got for my Roth IRA with Vanguard are Equity Income Fund and Target Retirement 2050 Fund. The Retirement fund will become more and more conservative the closer to my retirement. I think the Equity Income Fund is an entire mixture of domestic and non domestic stock, no bonds at all. High risk, high reward. I can gamble being I'm young.

Does anyone know if most people's IRA's are usually made up of 2 mutual funds or more?
i just signed up on vanguard and entered the two bank deposits that they added to confirm my bank. so now how long do i have to wait till the money becomes available in my vanguard account?
 4 years ago '08        #1826
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,339 | Props total: 5470 5470
 FalconBuddha said:
Ok stupid question here

But, whats a good way to get into the stock market? By that, i dont mean what sites should i start trading on or anything, but basically im a complete beginner and dont know much about the market but want to learn more about it. Basically, what are some good books/websites to learn more about the market and how to learn to invest? Are there classes, at say, community college that teach invest/trading?

Got a book from a friend but it was way over my head and now im not sure where to start, any advice would be amazing right now

Go to .. good info on pretty much everything stock market related.


If you have a Half Price Books store near you check out out their finance section. They usually have some good stuff at great prices. Barnes & Noble is also a good alternative, but you'll end up paying a lot more for the books compared to Half Price Books.
 4 years ago '07        #1827
JordanWest86 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$3,207 | Props total: 1128 1128
 sk8erongrass said:
i just signed up on vanguard and entered the two bank deposits that they added to confirm my bank. so now how long do i have to wait till the money becomes available in my vanguard account?
I cant remember exact but maybe a day or two? What you purchasing?
 4 years ago '10        #1828
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 2 2
Strong market.
 4 years ago '05        #1829
The_Prophet 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$293 | Props total: 189 189
Yo im trying to get my hands on zipcar stock can anybody help?
 4 years ago '08        #1830
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,339 | Props total: 5470 5470
 The_Prophet said:
Yo im trying to get my hands on zipcar stock can anybody help?
Zipcar was bought out a while ago. No longer publicly traded.
 4 years ago '04        #1831
sk8erongrass 
space
avatar space
space
$126 | Props total: 11 11
 JordanWest86 said:
I cant remember exact but maybe a day or two? What you purchasing?
Just got the money in the Account . Now trying to see what I should buy
 4 years ago '06        #1832
Rique 54 heat pts54 OP
space
avatar space
space
$37,284 | Props total: 11482 11482
 Eminence Grise said:
^^^ Watch the 1987 movie "Wall Street."
Then watch the 2010 Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.
Watch a few episodes of a TV show called Wall Street Warriors.

That should give you somewhat of an idea of what the markets are like. For now, just watch those few programs.
Those movies really don't tell you much about investing imo
 4 years ago '04        #1833
ddash 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$22,173 | Props total: 1869 1869
Just bought my first penny stocks and opened a fidelity account last week.

Advice,tips and info would be great.

I am researching daily and really looking forward to seeing whats up.
 4 years ago '08        #1834
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,339 | Props total: 5470 5470
 ddash said:
Just bought my first penny stocks and opened a fidelity account last week.

Advice,tips and info would be great.

I am researching daily and really looking forward to seeing whats up.
Advice? Sell that penny stock ASAP and don't ever buy one again
 4 years ago '04        #1835
ddash 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$22,173 | Props total: 1869 1869
Gotta start somewhere
 4 years ago '04        #1836
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$9,677 | Props total: 1206 1206
 o7media said:
Advice? Sell that penny stock ASAP and don't ever buy one again
What's your take on the alleged "medical marijuana" boom that is supposed to happen? I see a lot of stocks like MJNA, PHOT, MDBX, AEGY, and ERBB claiming to have business in the medical marijuana industry.

They are all mostly penny stocks except for MDBX. And reading your above "advice" makes me think that they aren't worth investing in
 4 years ago '06        #1837
Rique 54 heat pts54 OP
space
avatar space
space
$37,284 | Props total: 11482 11482
penny stocks are way too risky
 4 years ago '08        #1838
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,339 | Props total: 5470 5470
 matelyan said:
What's your take on the alleged "medical marijuana" boom that is supposed to happen? I see a lot of stocks like MJNA, PHOT, MDBX, AEGY, and ERBB claiming to have business in the medical marijuana industry.

They are all mostly penny stocks except for MDBX. And reading your above "advice" makes me think that they aren't worth investing in

Penny stocks are only worth trading, and even that's arguable. None of them are good long term investments, they're all pump and dump bs companies.

Don't fall for the hype.
 4 years ago '10        #1839
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 2 2
Everyone starts out with penny stocks when they first start trading. I wouldn't trade them at all. Stick with companies on the Dow and S&P.
 4 years ago '05        #1840
kriskross00 93 heat pts93
space
avatar space
space
$16,898 | Props total: 7744 7744
has anyone heard of Xumanii (Stock Code XUII) its supposed to be the next big thing in High Def streaming and im debating on investing in it...

Heres a little bit about it, can someone get back too me:

umanii Announces Completion and Total Integration of its HTTP Dynamic Stream (HDS) and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) Communication Protocols, Allowing Worldwide Smart Phone and Mobile Device Accessibility to the Company's Exclusive Live Broadcast Content
PR Newswire - 9:00 AM ET
CARSON CITY, Nev., May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Xumanii™ ("Xumanii" or the "Company") (OTCQB: XUII) (OTC Pink: XUII), a company that has developed proprietary technology that enables the user to wirelessly Broadcast Concerts and Events Live in True HD™. This unique combination of proprietary hardware and software allows all camera feeds to stream directly to any computer or laptop with the Xumanii software installed. The Company's platform enables Broadcasters to produce live streaming events online for an extremely low production cost while expanding on the potential viewership due to the use of the Internet as opposed to tradition television.

The Company today announces that it has significantly expanded its platform capabilities by successfully integrating additional components within Xumanii's proprietary software that will now allow content to be broadcasted Live over smart phone and mobile devices such as tablets. After the recent successful beta testing at last weeks presentation of Grammy Nominated Hip-Hop Star "Pusha-T" the Company has decided to showcase this new capability at the highly anticipated Performance from Musical Icon "Akon" so that the Company can expand it's viewership.

The Company's Live Concert Events can be viewed from any smartphone that uses the iOS™ or Android™ platform directly from the website once a viewer has logged in. The software allows for the maximum screen size for each device and is still streamed in High Definition.

The Company's Founder and CEO Mr. Alexandre Frigon states "This is a huge milestone for Xumanii because smartphone's are clearly the future. We decided early in the development stage the ability to broadcast Live over smart phone and mobile devices was key since there are over one billion smartphones are in use today. Our strategy was to create a more complete software so that Xumanii viewers can bypass the need for an "App". We are very pleased to announce that this Saturday May 25th we will be showcasing our Xumanii Mobile X-Player™ for our Live Broadcast of Akon in Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) so Akon fans and Xumanii can now watch this exciting event and all future Xumanii live events virtually anywhere in the world on virtually any platform."

About XUMANII

Xumanii™ ("XUII" or the "Company") is an all-inclusive online platform that provides users the opportunity to create a "Live Broadcast" in true High Definition. Xumanii's™ new, patent pending technology integrates proprietary hardware and software wirelessly, streaming live feeds from multiple cameras in High Definition Audio/Visual with capabilities of up to 10 megabites per seconds. This technology integrated Hardware and Software allows for the highest quality "live broadcast" without the exorbitant expenditure of traditional methods currently used in the marketplace via the respective Artist's Channel on Xumanii.com. The Company's technology can also be provided to each Artist allowing them to broadcast any event in which they feel that they would like their fans to be a part of.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 60
One of my new favorites....
33 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 46
If you'd smash how many times would you do so?
77 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 39
So since FOX watches Boxden...
60 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside site has cool vintage tees to wear under your denim jacket this spring
102 comments
18 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 24
I said it must be the ass 'cause it ain't ya face.
55 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Mar 26 - Muslim Ban? Terrorist Who Killed Man In NYC Was Practicing Fo..
63 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 11
Mar 26 - Melania Trump refuses to sleep in the same bed as her husband
83 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 11
Hip-Hop related things you know exist but can't find? (Part 2)
462 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy