All Things Stock Market Thread

most viewed right now
So since FOX watches Boxden...
36 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Mar 25 - Donald Trump's Presidency Effectively Over After Repeal Failure
164 comments
@news
most viewed right now
The reason why there are so many baby mommas out here today
83 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball declares for draft after losing to UK
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

5 years ago '10        #1281
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 2 2
I'd say $1k minimum.
 5 years ago '08        #1282
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
$27,301 | Props total: 5444 5444
 o7media said:
Eyeing a potential 10 bagger. I'll be alerting through my free newsletter tomorrow. I'll post it on here too.

Actually it deserves it's own thread
Just made a new thread for this...
 4 years ago '08        #1283
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Rique said:
Id love gettin some google at 565. Google is one company I actually believe in it will keep developing new products and continue being profitable it isn't like Apple dropping the same thing with a new name
 o7media said:
Agree 100%

Google is my favorite company.

GOOG new all time high.

4 years ago '05        #1284
feardafoot 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 0 0
 o7media said:
If these guys are on it do it.. Dont do what i did. I did a free trial with THE FLYONTHEWALL.COM, and it looks to be two different sites. Anyway, i couldn't find a number to call and cancel, only an email address to write and cancel. When i did it didn't work and they charged my account 650.00. That's the year subscription rate...

Ended up getting money back through bank, but yikes what a fraud. Optionrunners is probly okay. I havent even went to the site yet

Waiting for S to get to $6.25 and im out. Hopefully this happens by weeks end. Im getting impatient .. I like the short term gains, and i been missing out on a lot due to holding S.
 4 years ago '05        #1285
feardafoot 
space
space
 OrignalBigBird said:
do you have to invest alot of money starting with stocks?
I started with an IRA account. Im sure most start with savings cash or whatever you can afford to spend.. I have to look for exact numbers but i think i started with 3k in my IRA. Had to take a bunch out to live off of because i had big surgery. Denied long term disability, and i had no idea i could file for unemployment since i was still employed with my employer(on med leave). So bills kept coming because im a home owner, i had to do something. Anyway, i started with that lower figure in the IRA. It was what was left over. Now, in less than half a year i have almost 30k in it. All from trading stock, short term trades.

If i can do it anybody can. Good luck
 4 years ago '08        #1286
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 feardafoot said:
If these guys are on it do it.. Dont do what i did. I did a free trial with THE FLYONTHEWALL.COM, and it looks to be two different sites. Anyway, i couldn't find a number to call and cancel, only an email address to write and cancel. When i did it didn't work and they charged my account 650.00. That's the year subscription rate...

Ended up getting money back through bank, but yikes what a fraud. Optionrunners is probly okay. I havent even went to the site yet

OptionRunners is my site ...lol

And all payments are made through Paypal. You can cancel your subscription anytime by logging in and going to the payments dashboards. Takes like a minute.
 4 years ago '10        #1287
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 2 2
$GOOG chart looks intact while $AAPL looks confused.
 4 years ago '06        #1288
Rique 54 heat pts54 OP
space
space
$37,271 | Props total: 11447 11447
 o7media said:
GOOG new all time high.

Its been a great year man. I just hope next year is good too

I sold MDSO way too early in the game tho. Looking at my first post in this thread.
 4 years ago '06        #1289
Rique 54 heat pts54 OP
space
space
We are now 65 pages in didn't even expect this strong of a stock following on BX shout out to iNsane and o7media. Someone needs to get hockeythug back in here posting he used to go hard.

I get a bunch of PMs on here with ppl asking about stock its good to see us making money together.
 4 years ago '10        #1290
OrignalBigBird 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,716 | Props total: 0 0
 feardafoot said:
I started with an IRA account. Im sure most start with savings cash or whatever you can afford to spend.. I have to look for exact numbers but i think i started with 3k in my IRA. Had to take a bunch out to live off of because i had big surgery. Denied long term disability, and i had no idea i could file for unemployment since i was still employed with my employer(on med leave). So bills kept coming because im a home owner, i had to do something. Anyway, i started with that lower figure in the IRA. It was what was left over. Now, in less than half a year i have almost 30k in it. All from trading stock, short term trades.

If i can do it anybody can. Good luck
Thanks glad everything worked out

You made that in half year? That's raw
 4 years ago '05        #1291
feardafoot 
space
space
 OrignalBigBird said:
Thanks glad everything worked out

You made that in half year? That's raw
Yes, i been out of work.. I have a lot of free time so i have been researching a lot. Luck too.. I havent made any wrong moves yet. If you wanna call holding too long and only receiving minimal benefits a bad move, then ive had a couple. I been pretty much taking everything i have and putting it one stock. Usually a stock that dropped due to news or expectations. Nothing that will destroy the company. Usually comes back up reasonably well kinda quick
 09-25-2012, 08:45 PM         #1292
Real Hustler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you think today's pullback just the start of a bigger pullback?
 4 years ago '05        #1293
feardafoot 
space
space
 Real Hustler said:
Well i know s shares have pulled back from 13 month high and the whole market is down pretty much. I tell you like i tell myself, "I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!".....

Fuel is way down.. BIOF is a good one to buy soon. Thats one that makes quality leaps in short burst's... Short term gains can be won with BIOF.. After i dump S, im going here likely
 4 years ago '05        #1294
feardafoot 
space
space
 AiRDoGG923 said:
thats a good plan.
It worked with GNTX, S, BIOF, and most recent AM. Im about to sell AM in a few minutes

Not gunna make too much because most all is tied up in S, AM was just a shot in the dark with loose ends.
 4 years ago '08        #1295
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Real Hustler said:
If we don't finish off the week strong I think we could see 1400 S&P next month.
 4 years ago '11        #1296
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
$4,477 | Props total: 3 3
 o7media said:
If we don't finish off the week strong I think we could see 1400 S&P next month.
I've been using Zecco.com for my stock trades. I just registered for the Options section which may take a couple weeks to get approved. In the mean time, I went ahead and registered for your site brah. The free subscription for now, but I ain't afraid to throw some money at you for an upgrade if I get some decent returns

Seriously i feel like I'm missing out on this Activision rally At .65 cents a contract on Zecco, i would have been happy to buy like 5-10 call contracts for ACTI How many did you buy?

Last edited by GetuOne; 09-26-2012 at 03:42 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #1297
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
$4,477 | Props total: 3 3
o7Media, question for you. Are you only allowed to exercise your contract during the $5,$10, $25 intervals? So if it doesn't rally to at least $5 a share, my contract is useless? I heard that somewhere. Also, how many contracts can I purchase at any given time. Is there a limited amount available? Also, when I sell back my call option, do they just drop the money back in my trade account, or do I have to wait for someone to buy my contract back or something? I understand the fundamentals of options and i'm studying up on them every day, i'm just nearing that point where I'm going to actually buy a contract and want to be ready.
 4 years ago '08        #1298
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 GetuOne said:
o7Media, question for you. Are you only allowed to exercise your contract during the $5,$10, $25 intervals? So if it doesn't rally to at least $5 a share, my contract is useless? I heard that somewhere. Also, how many contracts can I purchase at any given time. Is there a limited amount available? Also, when I sell back my call option, do they just drop the money back in my trade account, or do I have to wait for someone to buy my contract back or something? I understand the fundamentals of options and i'm studying up on them every day, i'm just nearing that point where I'm going to actually buy a contract and want to be ready.

You can only exercise a contract if it's ITM (in the money). But you normally don't want to exercise them because it's almost always the wrong way to go. Very rarely are options exercised, only about 10% of all options traded are. You want to sell them back into the market.

If your calls/puts are not ITM by expiration then yes they'll be worthless. But options have a time value, they don't have to be ITM to profit.

There's no limit to how many you can buy as long as you have the funds.

You have to sell your contracts to someone else, so yes in a way you have to wait for someone to buy it. But usually there aren't any liquidity issues. For options cash takes one day to settle so you'll be able to use those funds again the next day. But your balance will update instantly.
 4 years ago '08        #1299
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 GetuOne said:
I've been using Zecco.com for my stock trades. I just registered for the Options section which may take a couple weeks to get approved. In the mean time, I went ahead and registered for your site brah. The free subscription for now, but I ain't afraid to throw some money at you for an upgrade if I get some decent returns

Seriously i feel like I'm missing out on this Activision rally At .65 cents a contract on Zecco, i would have been happy to buy like 5-10 call contracts for ACTI How many did you buy?

Cool, but I don't send too many alerts out through my newsletter. Maybe like once or twice a month.

Activision hasn't rallied yet, you're not missing anything... yet

I have 40 contracts so far at .17. The ones at .65...you're talking about a different strike. I have the January 2013 $14 calls.
 4 years ago '06        #1300
Rique 54 heat pts54 OP
space
space
 feardafoot said:
Well i know s shares have pulled back from 13 month high and the whole market is down pretty much. I tell you like i tell myself, "I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!".....

Fuel is way down.. BIOF is a good one to buy soon. Thats one that makes quality leaps in short burst's... Short term gains can be won with BIOF.. After i dump S, im going here likely
I shorted BIOF
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Full Tracklist + Production Credits For New Kendrick Album Leaked??!
28 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Even Time Magazine Is Covering The Kendrick Bodying Drake Story
156 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside OG Powerangers cast reunite
133 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kevin Gates Accepts Transfer To Illinois, Receives Support From Gucci ..
190 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The Justice League trailer is here
285 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dr. Sebi's Hair Follicle Fortifier Gone Horribly Wrong
209 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This monk has dope kicks on
51 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside "I realized at that moment that I was not truly loved by this man"
155 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy