All Things Stock Market Thread

most viewed right now
 97
Video inside 10 Most Dangerous Kids in the World
25 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 79
do you believe this tweet? : ''real freaks work at the hospital"
104 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 62
Image(s) inside Queen Bee Looking the worst she has ever looked
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside Jan 15 - There's a way to get rid of Trump without impeaching him
45 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

 4 years ago '08        #1141
o7media 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$26,385 | Props total: 4551 4551
DG 2.40
 4 years ago '08        #1142
o7media 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$26,385 | Props total: 4551 4551
TC stock at $2.78... looking good for a breakout soon to around $3.50.

Also had a large put sale of about 10k contracts a couple of weeks ago on the 4x Octobers.

The September 3x calls are at .05 x .10 right now.


Last edited by o7media; 08-31-2012 at 12:43 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #1143
pgblueprint123 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$166 | Props total: 2 2
 iNsane said:
Care to explain why?

I'm not a fan of these small businesses going public. They only care about getting paid and don't give two sh*ts about running a solid business


Remember, this company is less than 4 years old, and tech start-ups commonly use stock based compensation to lure tech talent. Businesses make money out of groupon deals 50+% of the time and 20% are return customers

This may be the bottom of this stock. I see too many articles published in SeekingAlpha, giving bull opinions when stocks topped and giving bear opinions at the bottom of the stock prices.

1. The company still have very good free cash flow even with huge dilution;

2. The Company is still growing;

3. As to the business model: it the business model is not working, why Google and Amazon want to follow? They see the new growth area;

4. There are some issues of running the company. But this is a start up company, I truly believe that they will work out the issues overtime.

5. Low barrier to entry: It seems easy but in reality, not so. Many hi tech involved. This article only copies the word from some of the shorts.

Fundamentals:

Growth rate:
next Q: 350%;
this year': 125%;
next year; 105%;
next 5 years: 30%;

Free cash flow (trailing 12 months): $452.96 million;

Earnings and projections:
Q2 - 0.08 via 0.03 est;
2012 - 0.18
2013 -0.37

To me this states future
[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '08        #1144
o7media 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$26,385 | Props total: 4551 4551
 pgblueprint123 said:
Remember, this company is less than 4 years old, and tech start-ups commonly use stock based compensation to lure tech talent. Businesses make money out of groupon deals 50+% of the time and 20% are return customers

This may be the bottom of this stock. I see too many articles published in SeekingAlpha, giving bull opinions when stocks topped and giving bear opinions at the bottom of the stock prices.

1. The company still have very good free cash flow even with huge dilution;

2. The Company is still growing;

3. As to the business model: it the business model is not working, why Google and Amazon want to follow? They see the new growth area;

4. There are some issues of running the company. But this is a start up company, I truly believe that they will work out the issues overtime.

5. Low barrier to entry: It seems easy but in reality, not so. Many hi tech involved. This article only copies the word from some of the shorts.

Fundamentals:

Growth rate:
next Q: 350%;
this year': 125%;
next year; 105%;
next 5 years: 30%;

Free cash flow (trailing 12 months): $452.96 million;

Earnings and projections:
Q2 - 0.08 via 0.03 est;
2012 - 0.18
2013 -0.37

To me this states future
[pic - click to view]



You got this from a Seeking Alpha article?


First off, not sure if you're new to stocks or not, but Seeking Alpha is THE WORST. Always do the opposite of what they say.


Two problems with GroupOn. It's in a flooded market, sure the margins are great but getting and keeping customers is extremely hard. It's not a good business model at all.

I wouldn't touch GroupOn right now unless it's for a short term trade. It's not a good long term investment at this point until they prove themselves which they haven't managed to do yet.

I'm sure we'll see some management shake ups soon.
 4 years ago '08        #1145
o7media 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$26,385 | Props total: 4551 4551
 o7media said:
TC stock at $2.78... looking good for a breakout soon to around $3.50.

Also had a large put sale of about 10k contracts a couple of weeks ago on the 4x Octobers.

The September 3x calls are at .05 x .10 right now.

DG closed at $2.82. Going for $3.50 next week.
 4 years ago '08        #1146
o7media 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$26,385 | Props total: 4551 4551
 o7media said:
DG closed at $2.82. Going for $3.50 next week.
I mean TC...
 4 years ago '06        #1147
Rique 52 heat pts52
space
avatar space
space
$35,921 | Props total: 8952 8952
back from vacation going to try and make some money this week
 4 years ago '10        #1148
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,650 | Props total: 2 2
 Rique said:
back from vacation going to try and make some money this week
Next two weeks very volatile. We should be going higher from here.
 4 years ago '10        #1149
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,650 | Props total: 2 2
Everywhere I look I see analysts and economists coming out, telling investors that the world is going to be falling apart and a "train wreck" is coming.

That means we need to buy up as much stock as possible
 4 years ago '06        #1150
Rique 52 heat pts52
space
avatar space
space
$35,921 | Props total: 8952 8952
 iNsane said:
Everywhere I look I see analysts and economists coming out, telling investors that the world is going to be falling apart and a "train wreck" is coming.

That means we need to buy up as much stock as possible
 09-03-2012, 07:09 PM         #1151
jutnice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what sites do yall use for daytrading? Trying to get in
 4 years ago '08        #1152
o7media 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$26,385 | Props total: 4551 4551
 iNsane said:
Everywhere I look I see analysts and economists coming out, telling investors that the world is going to be falling apart and a "train wreck" is coming.

That means we need to buy up as much stock as possible
 Rique said:

yall been drinking that koolaid


 4 years ago '08        #1153
o7media 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$26,385 | Props total: 4551 4551
 jutnice said:
what sites do yall use for daytrading? Trying to get in
etrade for me
 4 years ago '10        #1154
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,650 | Props total: 2 2
 jutnice said:
what sites do yall use for daytrading? Trying to get in
E-Trade.
 4 years ago '10        #1155
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,650 | Props total: 2 2
 o7media said:
yall been drinking that koolaid


You know QE3 is coming either in September or December right? I did all the reading I needed to do this weekend, bro. I read Big Ben's speech, and many other economists theories and thoughts on why he would do so.

And although the charts may show that we're sitting near the highs, we're going to see a significant move to the upside and call for 1500ish (slightly below that perhaps) in the $SPX.

I'm on my contrarian status playboy

EDIT: European markets closed higher on Draghi comments about buying long term bonds


Last edited by Ambassador; 09-04-2012 at 12:00 AM..
 4 years ago '08        #1156
o7media 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$26,385 | Props total: 4551 4551
 iNsane said:
You know QE3 is coming either in September or December right? I did all the reading I needed to do this weekend, bro. I read Big Ben's speech, and many other economists theories and thoughts on why he would do so.

And although the charts may show that we're sitting near the highs, we're going to see a significant move to the upside and call for 1500ish (slightly below that perhaps) in the $SPX.

I'm on my contrarian status playboy

EDIT: European markets closed higher on Draghi comments about buying long term bonds

Except for the fact that you're not being a contrarian. Everyone is bullish if QE3 comes




The economy doesn't support this market valuation at all. We're near all time highs before the tech bubble when Clinton was in office...but the economy was great then, unemployment rate was in the 5%'s. How are be back to those levels and sitting on the edge of a global recession?

Time to load up on stocks as you said in your other post is long gone.

You're only about 3 years late
 4 years ago '08        #1157
o7media 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$26,385 | Props total: 4551 4551
Not to mention that this could be the mother of all double tops...
 4 years ago '08        #1158
o7media 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$26,385 | Props total: 4551 4551
NWSA looking very strong here. 24x September calls at .25
 4 years ago '08        #1159
o7media 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$26,385 | Props total: 4551 4551
 iNsane said:


EDIT: European markets closed higher on Draghi comments about buying long term bonds

markets down triple digits




Last edited by o7media; 09-04-2012 at 09:31 AM..
 4 years ago '10        #1160
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,650 | Props total: 2 2
 o7media said:
markets down triple digits



I forgot about China PMI

Compared to those who think the market will tank because we aren't getting QE3? I am a contrarian. Perhaps I should have used a better term than contrarian


How are be back to those levels and sitting on the edge of a global recession?
Like I said....

Edit: At least we have volatility back into the market


Last edited by Ambassador; 09-04-2012 at 10:14 AM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 27
Video inside Selena Gomez Strips Down For The Weeknd
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Video inside BX DETECTIVES..WHO THIS BROAD in this vine comp.
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Top 10 Mind Bending Theories About the Universe [part 1.]
43 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside iG: Victoria Lomba
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Nika with the fatty 🍑
40 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 7
Jan 14 - University students demand philosophers such as Plato and Kant are re..
230 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside Jan 14 - Bikers:"If Protests At Inauguration Get Out Of Hand We're Invo..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 3
Image(s) inside Huarache...possibly custom
8 comments
1 day ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy