All Things Stock Market Thread

most viewed right now
 95
Image(s) inside They doing too much with these "toys"
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 78
Article inside Rapper Z-Ro arrested for beating girlfriend for hours while holding p..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 73
Image(s) inside The Cakes Are Tiny But The Chest Is Mighty!
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 60
Image(s) inside Riri eating and i appreciate that
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

 5 years ago '08        #761
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$28,532 | Props total: 6859 6859
 iNsane said:
....And you're looking at? $SPY?

Yeah...
 5 years ago '10        #762
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 4 4
 o7media said:
Yeah...
Ok. Yeah, that chart I posted was tracking the index, so I was breaking down the analysis in terms of the actual index

China GDP not as bad last night, and $JPM running these markets as usual

Good call, o7
 5 years ago '08        #763
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$28,532 | Props total: 6859 6859
Also grabbed some PCLN 605x July puts at 2.35. Looking for a move back down to $600 next week.
 5 years ago '08        #764
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$28,532 | Props total: 6859 6859
 o7media said:
Back in ESRX. The July 57.5x calls at .22
ESRX is flying. Already up 100% on these.
 5 years ago '08        #765
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$28,532 | Props total: 6859 6859
 o7media said:
ESRX is flying. Already up 100% on these.
.60 x .65 now. +180%


 5 years ago '10        #766
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 4 4
Good calls man. $PCLN has been looking bearish the past few weeks. Especially after that huge gap up and uptrend when $AAPL had it's huge run.
 5 years ago '08        #767
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$28,532 | Props total: 6859 6859
 iNsane said:
Good calls man. $PCLN has been looking bearish the past few weeks. Especially after that huge gap up and uptrend when $AAPL had it's huge run.

Thanks, yeah it's in a wedge on the weekly. I think it's finally ready to break down and head back to $600 ..maybe even as low as $575.

I ended up buying more and averaging down to 2.02.

Still holding my ESRX calls at .22. Closed at .51. Up 131% ...but holding because that weekly looks great
 5 years ago '08        #768
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$28,532 | Props total: 6859 6859
 PaperBoy971 said:
Formula as the mathematical translation of a criteria. Let's say my strategy is shorting stocks that are entering a bearish trend, I could set my scans in order for it to bring up stocks whose chart formed a bearing engulfing pattern on the previous trading days for instance right ?
The formula would be something like ((C1>O1)AND(O>C)AND(O>=C1)AND(O1>=C)AND((O-C)>(C1-O1))) O being yesterday's opening price, O1 the day before. Then I would add other criterias like Price per share>10, Volume>200k, Stochastic>80 etc...in order to find potential stocks to trade.
That's just an example to explain what I meant, I hope it's clear enough. I really don't see a big platform like E-Trade not allowing traders to use formulas so I'm not too worried but I just wanted confirmation. My account won't be opened before next week.

Y'all are putting me on some good stuff I'm gonna look into fibonacci arcs and harmonic elliott wave right away.

My bad, forgot to reply to this. Yeah you can add in your settings to what Etrade allows. It's not fully customizable to how you're saying.

But it has options like min/max average daily volume, option volume, etc. I don't believe they have candlestick patterns for daily time frames (which is something I want too). They only offer it for intraday from 5 min up to 60 min patterns like doji's, bullish/bearish engulfing, etc.

Check out . That's the system they use for their scanner. I believe TDA and Scottrade use the same thing since it has their logos on that site.
 5 years ago '10        #769
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 4 4
 o7media said:
Thanks, yeah it's in a wedge on the weekly. I think it's finally ready to break down and head back to $600 ..maybe even as low as $575.

I ended up buying more and averaging down to 2.02.

Still holding my ESRX calls at .22. Closed at .51. Up 131% ...but holding because that weekly looks great
The trend if your friend

Do you use $AAPL computer? I'm looking to get a new one in a few months. I have no $AAPL products, and was never a fan of them...but those new MacBook's look so
 5 years ago '08        #770
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$28,532 | Props total: 6859 6859
 iNsane said:
The trend if your friend

Do you use $AAPL computer? I'm looking to get a new one in a few months. I have no $AAPL products, and was never a fan of them...but those new MacBook's look so

Yeah I trade on my iMac. Got a 24".

I need to get a laptop too, probably won't be buying a Mac though since I'll only be using it for trading. But idk.
 5 years ago '10        #771
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 4 4
 o7media said:
Yeah I trade on my iMac. Got a 24".

I need to get a laptop too, probably won't be buying a Mac though since I'll only be using it for trading. But idk.
You wouldn't suggest trading on a Mac? Or that's just your preference?

I was looking at some Asus' laptops...they're pretty solid from the feedback I've been getting from a friend past few months. I'm looking for something top notch, and I haven't realized $AAPL really has been raping these other companies when it comes to design and performance.
 5 years ago '08        #772
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$28,532 | Props total: 6859 6859
 iNsane said:
You wouldn't suggest trading on a Mac? Or that's just your preference?

I was looking at some Asus' laptops...they're pretty solid from the feedback I've been getting from a friend past few months. I'm looking for something top notch, and I haven't realized $AAPL really has been raping these other companies when it comes to design and performance.
I don't think it matters....

But lol at Asus

I'd definitely go for a HP, Dell, Sony, or something reputable. Not some craptop like Acer or Asus
 5 years ago '10        #773
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 4 4
 o7media said:
I don't think it matters....

But lol at Asus

I'd definitely go for a HP, Dell, Sony, or something reputable. Not some craptop like Acer or Asus
Damn

I never liked Dell, but I hear if you want reliability, it's either HP, Toshiba or Sony. I have an HP PC and it's lasted me five years. Most HP's apparently last only 3 years or so.
 5 years ago '10        #774
PaperBoy971 
space
avatar space
space
$486 | Props total: 293 293
 Illuminated said:
^^^ It sounds like you're looking for some type of an algorithmic software. Some people create those themselves.
There's no way in hell I can create something like this from scratch. I barely know what I'm talking about here. But thanks I'll find a way for sure.
 iNsane said:
I know a lot of stocks off the top of my head. I stick to trading only a handful of them though. I only look at fundamentals for fun really. Never trade off them unless it's a long term investment or if I'm playing earnings. Rarely do, though.

Here is the site that got me started on HEW

You WILL need to buy his book, he breaks down his analysis and you'll get a better understanding.
Thanks I'm gonna take a look. I might not get the book right away though. Not trying to drown under all these new informations and methods.
 o7media said:
My bad, forgot to reply to this. Yeah you can add in your settings to what Etrade allows. It's not fully customizable to how you're saying.

But it has options like min/max average daily volume, option volume, etc. I don't believe they have candlestick patterns for daily time frames (which is something I want too). They only offer it for intraday from 5 min up to 60 min patterns like doji's, bullish/bearish engulfing, etc.

Check out . That's the system they use for their scanner. I believe TDA and Scottrade use the same thing since it has their logos on that site.
ahh intraday ain't gonna cut it. Maybe I could use a software for the scans and another one to pass the orders.
 5 years ago '08        #775
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$28,532 | Props total: 6859 6859
 iNsane said:
Damn

I never liked Dell, but I hear if you want reliability, it's either HP, Toshiba or Sony. I have an HP PC and it's lasted me five years. Most HP's apparently last only 3 years or so.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of Dell either. I'd probably go with Sony or HP. I hate Toshiba

You can check out overstock.com for discounted ones. But watch out for those refurbished ones
 5 years ago '08        #776
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$28,532 | Props total: 6859 6859
 o7media said:
Back in ESRX. The July 57.5x calls at .22

Sold my ESRX calls at .82 and .87 this morning. About at 285% gain.

Caught the top. Too easy....



[pic - click to view]





 5 years ago '08        #777
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$28,532 | Props total: 6859 6859
 iNsane said:



[pic - click to view]



This is his forecast for $SPX. Just updated it tonight.

This is a 30 minute time frame from what I know. Just so you understand, what happens on a smaller time frame dictates what will happen to a larger degree time frame, and so forth. So, when this 5 wave is complete, it will complete a move that's currently playing out on a larger time frame. It can be confusing, I know

I don't know. We shall see how it plays out


So this was clearly wrong .......



Which is why I don't like Elliot Wave.


 5 years ago '10        #778
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 4 4
I don't understand how that's wrong?

We found support near 1325 last week. We recovered, as expected. It's wrong to a person who doesn't understand how to use it
 5 years ago '08        #779
o7media 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$28,532 | Props total: 6859 6859
 iNsane said:
I don't understand how that's wrong?

We found support near 1325 last week. We recovered, as expected. It's wrong to a person who doesn't understand how to use it

It shows a move down to 1312 ....

Even if you only take the move down to 1324 it shows a partial recovery after that.

We went to 1375 today, the highest the markets have been in 2 months. How is that a partial recovery?

I don't understand how that's anywhere close to being right.
 5 years ago '10        #780
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 4 4
 o7media said:
It shows a move down to 1312 ....

Even if you only take the move down to 1324 it shows a partial recovery after that.

We went to 1375 today, the highest the markets have been in 2 months. How is that a partial recovery?

I don't understand how that's anywhere close to being right.
You're right, it isn't a partial recovery.

The forecast posted above is just a guide, which followed through. The 1312-1318 is just another level of support that was expected, but it bottomed out near 1325 instead, which still makes the analysis valid. Today's new high clearly changes the "partial" recovery prediction. A move to mid 1380s sounds more like it. Ill try to post another analysis for $SPX tonight.


Last edited by Ambassador; 07-18-2012 at 03:30 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 65
Video inside You've been lied to: 401K IS A SCAM
110 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 51
Video inside LAs most hated man has a bounty over his head
53 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 49
Image(s) inside Yo Lindsay Lohan Is WASHED... Not At The Cleaners.
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside Jul 24 - Facebook worker living in garage to Zuckerberg: challenges ou..
23 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside Jul 26 - Man stabs tranny he met on dating site 119 times after she to..
117 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside Tay K First interview, live from jail... 65% sure he will get out
38 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 19
NBA Who the Warriors can thank their offense for.
64 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside She Ready! How Tiffany Haddish Became The Hottest Star In Comedy
73 comments
2 days ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy