All Things Stock Market Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who is the Thickest Natural IG bi-ch you have seen?
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Train ran on kid's mother after talking sh*t on xbox live
215 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Article inside They're shutting down sites out here! :mad:
86 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Self Snitching Gone Wrong: ZackTV interview gets Chicago Suburb rapper..
89 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

3 years ago '08        #2261
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
$27,407 | Props total: 5503 5503
 Castro Beats said:
How do you feel about the Box IPO? Considering DropBox had the higher valuation, would it stand a better chance at defeating Box or at least driving down Box's value when DropBox finally goes public? Any thoughts appreciated.
I have no idea about it, not familiar with either companies.
 3 years ago '08        #2262
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 o7media said:
QLIK earnings tonight. I like it because of the bullish options activity but options are really expensive. IV way up there.

Options are pricing in about an 11% move. Not gonna play it for now.
QLIK got up to about $30 this morning on the earnings beat. Was up around 7.5%.

Not enough of a move, options were way over priced. Glad I stayed away
 3 years ago '08        #2263
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 o7media said:
Rique, got any info on XOMA? Specifically and upcoming FDA stuff? It's a biotech... huge bullish options activity today.
 o7media said:
XOMA gained almost $1 on that run yesterday since Monday's finish. I'm still just watching.. read something about a phase 3 result due this quarter.
XOMA more bullish options activity today, this time on the March 10x calls. Bullish risk reversal on June options pricing for a move to $15+ is still open from last month.

Stock is at $8 right now so still really far OTM to $15.

edit: was also upgraded yesterday at Wedbush. Price target of $13 from $8.

Last edited by o7media; 02-21-2014 at 09:39 AM..
 3 years ago '04        #2264
sugenutt 
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 2 2
 o7media said:
XOMA more bullish options activity today, this time on the March 10x calls. Bullish risk reversal on June options pricing for a move to $15+ is still open from last month.

Stock is at $8 right now so still really far OTM to $15.

edit: was also upgraded yesterday at Wedbush. Price target of $13 from $8.
I read the CEO sold off 7,500 shares on 2/18 at 7.55. Is it a good time to buy now at 8?
 3 years ago '08        #2265
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 sugenutt said:
I read the CEO sold off 7,500 shares on 2/18 at 7.55. Is it a good time to buy now at 8?
That's a pretty small amount of shares. Typically not relevant anyways, lots of CEOs sell shares based on pre determined dates.

I think it's a good buy here just based off the options activity and chart. But always a big risk with biotechs. Stock could double or fall 50% in a day on an FDA ruling.
 3 years ago '04        #2266
sugenutt 
space
space
 o7media said:
That's a pretty small amount of shares. Typically not relevant anyways, lots of CEOs sell shares based on pre determined dates.

I think it's a good buy here just based off the options activity and chart. But always a big risk with biotechs. Stock could double or fall 50% in a day on an FDA ruling.
Where can i get up to date information on FDA rulings on biotech stocks
 3 years ago '08        #2267
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 sugenutt said:
Where can i get up to date information on FDA rulings on biotech stocks
For a calendar? I use these...

For the actual rulings/news I just use the daily finance app on my iPad which is free. You can search by ticker and it lists news for that company.

But you can find news on free sites online like finviz.com or google finance.

Last edited by o7media; 02-21-2014 at 10:58 AM..
 3 years ago '04        #2268
sugenutt 
space
space
 o7media said:
For a calendar? I use these...

For the actual rulings/news I just use the daily finance app on my iPad which is free. You can search by ticker and it lists news for that company.

But you can find news on free sites online like finviz.com or google finance.
...good stuff thanks
 3 years ago '08        #2269
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 sugenutt said:
...good stuff thanks
no problem
 3 years ago '08        #2270
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
lol XOMA $8.49 high ...hope you got in earlier at $8 sugenutt
 3 years ago '04        #2271
sugenutt 
space
space
 o7media said:
lol XOMA $8.49 high ...hope you got in earlier at $8 sugenutt
missed the train on $8.....thinking of going in at ~8.36
 3 years ago '08        #2272
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 sugenutt said:
missed the train on $8.....thinking of going in at ~8.36
XOMA phase 3 trial data looks like it's due on March 31st
 3 years ago '04        #2273
BeeZaK 
space
space
space
$1,501 | Props total: 7 7
 o7media said:
Well there's also Skype, which I don't think is going anywhere. Not to mention other messengers like Snap Chat and stuff like that.

Just seems like everything FB is doing and buying is a fad. I mean instagram looks like a great buy now.. but will instagram still be this popular in 5 years or even exist? Same goes for whatsapp and facebook itself really.

Facebook is likely doing this because their own site is dying. They've already said they're beginning to lose their teen user base. Going to end up like Myspace
I understand where you are coming from, but think about this though...

FB was never meant for teenagers. If they catered to teenagers, FB would've died a lot earlier. Myspace died because people grew out of it (too childish). There will always be people going to college and they need a way to keep in touch with one another. FB makes it easier, so I do not see it dying.

People invested a lot of time in FB. What I mean by this is that the pictures/messages/etc are all kept in a place where people can go back to. It became history of an individual's life.

The company also did a great job in recreating itself over the years by constantly adding new features like statuses/instant chat/games/timeline/etc. Myspace never made an effort to change until it was too late.

I think it's simple, FB just wants to diversify it's company. Look at google, started off by being just a search engine. Do you think Google will still be alive if they stayed as only a search engine?
 3 years ago '08        #2274
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 BeeZaK said:
I understand where you are coming from, but think about this though...

FB was never meant for teenagers. If they catered to teenagers, FB would've died a lot earlier. Myspace died because people grew out of it (too childish). There will always be people going to college and they need a way to keep in touch with one another. FB makes it easier, so I do not see it dying.

People invested a lot of time in FB. What I mean by this is that the pictures/messages/etc are all kept in a place where people can go back to. It became history of an individual's life.

The company also did a great job in recreating itself over the years by constantly adding new features like statuses/instant chat/games/timeline/etc. Myspace never made an effort to change until it was too late.

I think it's simple, FB just wants to diversify it's company. Look at google, started off by being just a search engine. Do you think Google will still be alive if they stayed as only a search engine?
It doesn't really matter who they originally catered to. The exclusivity was gone a long time ago because they couldn't survive just off college students. Now that they've opened up their doors to everyone they need everyone to stay otherwise the business will decline.

Google's major business is web, so yes they would be able to survive off of that. They make very little off of everything else. The difference though is that Google is actually innovating. They're setting themselves up for the future with companies they're buying like Nest or products they're creating like Google Glass or the autonomous car. These are the future IMO.

Instagram or whatsapp isn't anything new, they're just variations of already existing products which are fads. Just like BBM, AOL IM, Yahoo IM, etc... They all die off eventually. No difference between those and whatsapp.

Last edited by o7media; 02-22-2014 at 09:42 AM..
 3 years ago '08        #2275
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
XOMA
 3 years ago '08        #2276
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
Added to my ECA July 22x calls at .40. Averaged at .41... it's breaking out on larger time frames here.
 3 years ago '04        #2277
sugenutt 
space
space
XOMA....here comes 9
 3 years ago '08        #2278
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 sugenutt said:
XOMA....here comes 9
$9.13 hod ..did you get in last week?
 3 years ago '08        #2279
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
HUGE bull spread on WMB January 2016 50x/60x calls for a net debit of $1.38 on 30,000 contracts

Long term bullish bet on the stock.
 3 years ago '08        #2280
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 o7media said:
NRG is really strong today, confirmed more upside on the weekly. Should head for $29 before earnings.

edit: updated chart...

[pic - click to view]

NRG above $29 now .. earnings on Friday pre market. Let's see $30's this week.

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Danny Brown Confirms He's The Rapper Dave Chappelle Talked About In Net..
38 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Read The Story Of #UberBae: Woman Who Drove A Side Chick To Her Manís ..
92 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hardest working politician in America right now
55 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Liangelo Ball was NOT invited to the 2017 mcdonalds all american game
101 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bald head with a stupid fat ass!!!
222 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
And yall Wonder Why I hate weed so much look at this
200 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rumors coming out of Philly that a known Rapper cooperated with Police!
98 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Brian Pumper having nervous breakdown after his instagram gets deleted
43 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy