All Things Stock Market Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake tattoos portrait of Sade on his ribs and a bottle of cologne ..
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mar 22 - Legendary Mafia Goon Depicted In Goodfellas Arrested With Got..
21 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LaVar Ball responds to LeBron & says "Can't Nobody Warn Me for Nothing"
156 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mar 22 - Chris Brown's No Good Baby Moms Got Humbled In Court
101 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

3 years ago '05        #2221
Truechaldean 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,030 | Props total: 16 16
So I've decided to put a couple g's into an etf, I'm having a hard time deciding what though. You guys think I should choose two and put 1g into each or just put it all into one. I'm also still trying to decide between a leveraged etf or a regular one as I'm younger and more willing to take risk. What do you guys think?
 02-17-2014, 12:36 PM         #2222
Shugg Ross 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:
we up to around 10 now....got our own forum and instant message app

new weed plays that haven't taken off yet, some of which have low floats and reasonable balance sheets

while you laughin we strategizing
 3 years ago '08        #2223
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
$27,187 | Props total: 5401 5401
 Shugg Ross said:
we up to around 10 now....got our own forum and instant message app

new weed plays that haven't taken off yet, some of which have low floats and reasonable balance sheets

while you laughin we strategizing

Strategizing? Trying to do a float lock up that's going to backfire when there are no real buyers.

Guess what's going to happen when nobody other than your "group" already has shares, who's left to buy and who will start selling first.

You're gonna have to hire a stock promoter to pump it once you guys do buy. But let's be honest that's not gonna happen.
 02-17-2014, 02:19 PM         #2224
Shugg Ross 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:
Strategizing? Trying to do a float lock up that's going to backfire when there are no real buyers.

Guess what's going to happen when nobody other than your "group" already has shares, who's left to buy and who will start selling first.

You're gonna have to hire a stock promoter to pump it once you guys do buy. But let's be honest that's not gonna happen.
Are you done
 3 years ago '05        #2225
Truechaldean 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 Shugg Ross said:
Are you done
Just keep it in the weed thread man.
 3 years ago '08        #2226
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Shugg Ross said:
Are you done
Is there something I said that wasn't true?

You're trying to do a pump and dump yourself but you don't have the resources to do something like that. The only option is to pay someone who does (stock promoter) but are you guys gonna shell out $20-30k for a good promo? Don't think so.

Don't get mad because I'm telling the truth
 3 years ago '05        #2227
Truechaldean 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 o7media said:
Is there something I said that wasn't true?

You're trying to do a pump and dump yourself but you don't have the resources to do something like that. The only option is to pay someone who does (stock promoter) but are you guys gonna shell out $20-30k for a good promo? Don't think so.

Don't get mad because I'm telling the truth
What do you think about what I'm trying to do with ETF's a couple posts up o7?
 3 years ago '10        #2228
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 2 2
 Truechaldean said:
So I've decided to put a couple g's into an etf, I'm having a hard time deciding what though. You guys think I should choose two and put 1g into each or just put it all into one. I'm also still trying to decide between a leveraged etf or a regular one as I'm younger and more willing to take risk. What do you guys think?
Gotta figure out what exposure you want.

Index ETF's? Bond ETF's? Small caps? Mid? Large? You can buy Solar ETF's, man.

I'd rather be a stock picker.
 3 years ago '08        #2229
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Truechaldean said:
 Truechaldean said:
What do you think about what I'm trying to do with ETF's a couple posts up o7?
If you're looking to hold long term then don't invest in a leveraged ETF as they're rebalanced daily. Leveraged ETF's are typically used for day trading.

With an ETF your return won't be that great on $1 - $2k so it really depends on what your expectations are with the investment. Also depends on what ETF you would be buying. If it's something like SPY (S&P tracking ETF) then your return will depend on what the markets do. Last year the S&P gained like 30% and that was a very good year for the markets, and it's not something I think we'll see again this year.
 3 years ago '08        #2230
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Chaos said:
Gotta figure out what exposure you want.

Index ETF's? Bond ETF's? Small caps? Mid? Large? You can buy Solar ETF's, man.

I'd rather be a stock picker.
Yep. Much more opportunities in stocks. And it will be stock picker's year IMO.

But if you can't really watch them on a daily basis it's probably not an option.
 3 years ago '05        #2231
Truechaldean 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 o7media said:
If you're looking to hold long term then don't invest in a leveraged ETF as they're rebalanced daily. Leveraged ETF's are typically used for day trading.

With an ETF your return won't be that great on $1 - $2k so it really depends on what your expectations are with the investment. Also depends on what ETF you would be buying. If it's something like SPY (S&P tracking ETF) then your return will depend on what the markets do. Last year the S&P gained like 30% and that was a very good year for the markets, and it's not something I think we'll see again this year.
I'm not really looking to hold very long-term maybe 1-2 years or so, which is why I'm leaning toward a leveraged ETF that tracks an index. I know that they typically get worse with time because of magnified losses. Do you guys think that picking a couple that track specific sectors are better then just one that tracks an index like the Nasdaq 100 or S&P?
 3 years ago '08        #2232
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Truechaldean said:
I'm not really looking to hold very long-term maybe 1-2 years or so, which is why I'm leaning toward a leveraged ETF that tracks an index. I know that they typically get worse with time because of magnified losses. Do you guys think that picking a couple that track specific sectors are better then just one that tracks an index like the Nasdaq 100 or S&P?
1-2 years is long term. Picking sectors would likely bring you a larger gain, as long as its a volatile sector.. not something like XLU (Utilities).

The problem is it's probably too late to be a long term investor right now with where the markets are. You're better off waiting on a large market correction to buy in. We haven't seen a large correction in the markets since 2011, so its bound to happen sooner or later. The recent one in the past few weeks was nothing.
 3 years ago '05        #2233
Truechaldean 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 o7media said:
1-2 years is long term. Picking sectors would likely bring you a larger gain, as long as its a volatile sector.. not something like XLU (Utilities).

The problem is it's probably too late to be a long term investor right now with where the markets are. You're better off waiting on a large market correction to buy in. We haven't seen a large correction in the markets since 2011, so its bound to happen sooner or later. The recent one in the past few weeks was nothing.
Yea I get what you're saying. That is one of my hesitations the market is pushing new highs and I just don't know how long it will continue to do so.
 3 years ago '08        #2234
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 o7media said:
ECA earnings tomorrow pre market. Lots of bullish options activity ahead of it. I'm in on the July 22's at .47. Small position.
Blackstone in talks to buy some of Ecana's a.ssets according to the NY post. ECA is up about 1.5% on this rumor. Would explain the heavy call buying prior to earnings if it's true.

Still think we see $20+ on this.. possibly more if they do sell off a.ssets.
 3 years ago '08        #2235
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 o7media said:
HGG ripping.. never got my pullback to enter

Risk reversal is worth 1.05 now from .55.

edit: HGG flying .. 51% short float lol
Man HGG flying again. That risk reversal is at 1.45 now from .55 fml
 3 years ago '08        #2236
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 o7media said:
NRG is really strong today, confirmed more upside on the weekly. Should head for $29 before earnings.

edit: updated chart...

[pic - click to view]

NRG at $28.75... should break through $29 this week.
 3 years ago '08        #2237
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 AiRDoGG923 said:
Props to o7 for always keeping it real, and showing us the truth behind all the fakes.
 02-18-2014, 11:27 PM         #2238
Shugg Ross 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AiRDoGG923 said:
Props to o7 for always keeping it real, and showing us the truth behind all the fakes.

[pic - click to view]

If that looks fake then I hope I'm fake everyday...did this in 7 hours

But aye, what do I know

Last time I try to help y'all

Last edited by Shugg Ross; 02-18-2014 at 11:30 PM..
 3 years ago '08        #2239
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Shugg Ross said:

[pic - click to view]

If that looks fake then I hope I'm fake everyday...did this in 7 hours

But aye, what do I know

Last time I try to help y'all
lol at did this in 7 hours

Like that has any significance? If you were making $3k every 7 hours your account value wouldn't be at $14k

But of course you don't post losses because you never lose right? That's how you make so much in 7 hours and have a whopping account value of $14k

Warren Buffet over here
 02-19-2014, 07:58 AM         #2240
Shugg Ross 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 o7media said:
lol at did this in 7 hours

Like that has any significance? If you were making $3k every 7 hours your account value wouldn't be at $14k

But of course you don't post losses because you never lose right? That's how you make so much in 7 hours and have a whopping account value of $14k

Warren Buffet over here
Son.....you a hater lol....and if anyone sold Pmcm thanks for the cheap shares
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Husband Supports Wife In Court After She Fu€Ks 14yr Old Numerous Times..
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
2011 Birdman's up and coming albums: What happen to dat boy?
30 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Goons Of The Industry Episode 6..... "Wayne Perry"
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside No one offered him a seat... Picture says a thousand words.
146 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dave is back! Netflix now
232 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Anatomy Teacher Turns Herself In After Going Too Far With Student
133 comments
2 days ago