All Things Stock Market Thread

most viewed right now
 71
Image(s) inside Melina Can Do the Splits on This D1ck
74 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 57
Image(s) inside Hallie Jade Mathers
74 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 52
Image(s) inside Drake tattoos portrait of Sade on his ribs and a bottle of cologne ..
171 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside JIM JONES continues to SH!T on CAMRON!! says KILLA is rockin a fake CU..
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

 3 years ago '08        #2121
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
 Chaos said:
No, I meant straddle. I wanted to purchase a 25 call & 25 put. I'd be in the money today. Strangle.... the only available option that would've made sense was to buy the 25 call and 24 put.

When it comes to IV, however, I could be wrong about the straddle. I know IV plays a major role when it comes to different strategies. It's my first time buying either of these.
Oh.. thought you meant strangle because a lot of people confuse those two. But you would have lost on the straddle too. The stock didn't move enough.

edit: short strangle would have paid off.
 3 years ago '10        #2122
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 2 2
 o7media said:
Oh.. thought you meant strangle because a lot of people confuse those two. But you would have lost on the straddle too. The stock didn't move enough.

edit: short strangle would have paid off.
Hmm... Ill need to do more work on shorting options.

$BOIL skyrocketing...natural gas proshares ETF.
 3 years ago '08        #2123
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
 Chaos said:
Hmm... Ill need to do more work on shorting options.

$BOIL skyrocketing...natural gas proshares ETF.
Shorting is risky though because you're nekkid. Unless you own the underlying.
 3 years ago '10        #2124
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 2 2
 o7media said:
Shorting is risky though because you're nekkid. Unless you own the underlying.
So you think directional calls/puts and call/put spreads are the only smart strategies to use?
 3 years ago '08        #2125
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
 Chaos said:
So you think directional calls/puts and call/put spreads are the only smart strategies to use?
It depends on the situation. Selling nekkid there's a lot of profit potential but lots of risk also. If you're doing spreads there's limited risk and limited reward.

Credit spreads are an alternative to writing nekkid. But you have a limited reward. However a much higher % of winning on the trade as time is on your side.

Directional bets with just calls or puts you have an unlimited profit potential but no protection at all. On an earnings play if you're wrong you'll lost almost all of it.
 3 years ago '10        #2126
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 2 2
 o7media said:
It depends on the situation. Selling nekkid there's a lot of profit potential but lots of risk also. If you're doing spreads there's limited risk and limited reward.

Credit spreads are an alternative to writing nekkid. But you have a limited reward. However a much higher % of winning on the trade as time is on your side.

Directional bets with just calls or puts you have an unlimited profit potential but no protection at all. On an earnings play if you're wrong you'll lost almost all of it.
With credit/debit spreads, I am collecting premium but my upside potential is limited? That's a good bet on an earnings play or high IV right?
 3 years ago '08        #2127
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
 Chaos said:
With credit/debit spreads, I am collecting premium but my upside potential is limited? That's a good bet on an earnings play or high IV right?
Only with credit spreads you're collecting a premium which is why they're called credit spreads. And that credit is the max you can make on it.

Debit spreads you're still paying for the trade, but less because of the credit from the short leg.
 3 years ago '08        #2128
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
SPY finally going to get confirmation of a daily bottom today on this gap up.
 3 years ago '08        #2129
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
 o7media said:
SPY finally going to get confirmation of a daily bottom today on this gap up.
Updated daily with the bottom confirmed now. At resistance here but should see 180 this week


[pic - click to view]

 01-30-2014, 11:26 AM         #2130
Shugg Ross 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LBMH like I told you fellas, this thing is now up 60 cents from my last post in page 108
 3 years ago '08        #2131
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
 o7media said:
MPEL +5% .. confirmed a daily bottom. WYNN earnings date was listed wrong on etrade, it's on Feb 4th.

I'm getting ready to sell my MPEL calls here if it can see a little more upside. Up about 25% right now.
WYNN earnings were listed wrong again on etrade

They reported today after hours. Big beat on top and bottom line. Up about 5% after hours. Still holding MPEL.. tried to sell for .60 but never got filled.

MPEL trading higher in the AH too now on WYNN's earnings. Almost at $42. Should get .60 - .70 on those calls tomorrow if it holds.
 3 years ago '08        #2132
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
UA had a huge move on earnings. Jan 100x calls were the largest gaining options today of any stocks. Went from .07 to 6.70 overnight.


 3 years ago '10        #2133
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 2 2
Last I checked, Google reported below estimates but the stock rallied anyway.
 3 years ago '08        #2134
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
 Chaos said:
Last I checked, Google reported below estimates but the stock rallied anyway.
Below on the bottom line, but beat on top line... which is more important. Also a silver lining in the recent Lenovo deal for Motorola. Google rid itself of a losing a.sset.


Amazon on the other hand had terrible numbers again, but buyers keep buying it back
 3 years ago '08        #2135
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
Etrade pro not launching for me today. Using MarketTrader and this platform sucks

Covered my short SPY Feb 14th calls at .23 from .33 for +43%. Shorted the SPY Feb 22nd 185x calls at .26. Now in a vertical spread with the 184's and 185's.

NRG doing great today. Still long that one with the June spread.
 3 years ago '10        #2136
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 2 2
 o7media said:
Etrade pro not launching for me today. Using MarketTrader and this platform sucks

Covered my short SPY Feb 14th calls at .23 from .33 for +43%. Shorted the SPY Feb 22nd 185x calls at .26. Now in a vertical spread with the 184's and 185's.

NRG doing great today. Still long that one with the June spread.
Sign up for TD and use TOS. Best platform I've used so far.
 3 years ago '08        #2137
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
 Chaos said:
Sign up for TD and use TOS. Best platform I've used so far.
I've heard horror stories about TOS. Do not want
 3 years ago '10        #2138
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,651 | Props total: 2 2
 o7media said:
I've heard horror stories about TOS. Do not want
 3 years ago '08        #2139
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
 Chaos said:
I'll deal with MarketTrader for today.. charts aren't bad but the only tool it has is trend lines
 3 years ago '08        #2140
o7media 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$27,195 | Props total: 5402 5402
 o7media said:
WYNN earnings were listed wrong again on etrade

They reported today after hours. Big beat on top and bottom line. Up about 5% after hours. Still holding MPEL.. tried to sell for .60 but never got filled.

MPEL trading higher in the AH too now on WYNN's earnings. Almost at $42. Should get .60 - .70 on those calls tomorrow if it holds.
Sold my MPEL calls at .55 from .41. Couldn't get filled higher even with the stock higher
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside Husband Supports Wife In Court After She Fu€Ks 14yr Old Numerous Times..
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside No one offered him a seat... Picture says a thousand words.
156 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
Women You Want To fu-k and ain't Ashamed To Tell People
374 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass Ex-PoЯnstar Sophia Fiore?...
88 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Dave is back! Netflix now
246 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 9
Article inside Apple’s newest struggle iPad will come with a slimmer name, and a low..
21 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Dave Chapelle On Jimmy Kimmel 3/21/17 (Full Interview)
17 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside Cyhi The Prynce New Freestyle Going for the Crown
70 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy