Who Do You Respect More: 50 Cent or Jay-Z??

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
173 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1843 1843
As far as character goes ? 50 by far.

Jay is lyrically a legend/all time great but as a person he's no different than any other grimey two-faced money hungry caucasian/jew . He's ALWAYS gonna do what's best for him even when it hurts those who've dedicated their time,effort, and friendship to helping him out in the past.

He's always been that way, I remember hearing stories from Jay himself about how he never shared shyt with his friends since a young age and these were the same ppl giving Jay a place to sleep, money to get by, or backin him up in beef. I mean the dude shot his own brother over phucking jewelry. We dont even have to go into all the grimey shyt he did once he became famous.

50 on the other hand makes sure anyone who stays loyal is well taken care of. There's ppl who've been on the G-Unit roster that have probably made more money than Bleek without even dropping an album. Jay was paying Young Gunz only $800 a show when they had the biggest rap single in the country while Yayo came home from jail to $1 million in his bank account.
 03-06-2012, 11:06 PM         #62
Tybigbigguy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly or Die said:
eminem had 50 cent

jayz had kanye, beanie, and dipset
50 sold more kanye, beanie, and dipset combined tho so em won there
 03-06-2012, 11:16 PM         #63
breakingbad 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50....took him 7 years to have more money then jay.
 03-06-2012, 11:20 PM         #64
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you want to see the type of person that 50-Cent is just rewind back to when he dry-snitched on
murder Inc when he was on 1o6th & Park or how he called Lauryn Hill a bi*ch and told Howard Stern that Emenim could call him a Ni99er.

I been around the industry almost my entire life so believe me when I say almost nobody respects him.

Do you think it's an accident that the people close to him always end up dissing him? Bang Em, Buck, Game....why do you think Dr Dre is buying Ross gifts after Ross sh*tted on 50.... why do you think Emenim signed Joe Budden after he sh*tted on 50, why do you think Jimmy Iovine signed a deal with Dipset after Camron sh*tted on 50?

Open your eyes and watch how people move and maneuver in the game, watch closely and you will see the people who get love and respect and the people who don't get respect.
 6 years ago '05        #65
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
ppl was so happy to see 50 fall off like it really made there life better lol sad . those are 2 of my frav rappers of all time i cant choose i respect both. it just was so funny to me how n*ggas just hated on 50 so hard like it was really effecting them there own life lol .
 6 years ago '10        #66
Cashis Clay 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,869 | Props total: 226 226
I respect n*ggas that get money so both get much respect...

But if I had to choose??

Billionare Hov...he's on pace to make it
 6 years ago '11        #67
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,933 | Props total: 366 366
Jay-Z by a land slide... He came up with no co-sign. 50 Cent had Eminem and Dr. Dre... two of the biggest co-signs any rapper could ever get... #FACT

Jay-Z came up in an era were even if you got shot 9x, you still had to be a lyricist... and you had to be real too! There was also stiffer competition when Jay-Z came out... I.E. 2 Pac, Biggie, Mob Deep, Wu Tang, Big L, Big Pun, Snoop Dogg, DMX, etc. For Jay-Z to shine through all the elite rappers of our time and hold his own just says a lot about that n*gga. When 50 Cent came out, who did we have??? I rest My Case with That!

On a business tip, 50 Cent is more honest from a consumer/person looking behind the screen standpoint... But Jay-Z didnt luck up on one deal that made him hundreds of millions. He invested in multiple things to get him were he is at now. He doesn't have his money tied up in just a few investments... so i have to give that 1 to Jay-Z. When Jay was having trouble with his label at the time, Def Jam... he payed that 5 mill and "Dropped The Label." Yea that 5 Mill hurt... but he ended up making a deal with live nation to make his own label "Roc Nation" which was a big Win.... 50 Cent is still bi*ching to his label about releasing his music... how business-like is that? Dude only has 1 album left and he got them releasing his sh*t via Myspace... smarten up fif!

Also, Jay-Z pulled beyonce... fu*king beyonce. I know 50 Cent smashed just as much bad bi*ches as Jay... but i dont think 50 could pull a chick on beyonce's level, no matter how much money he has. Jay could divorce B right now... and she most likely wouldn't take nothing from this n*gga in their settlement... mostly because she has almost as much money and has the same drive as Jay!
 6 years ago '11        #68
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,933 | Props total: 366 366
 Graftedgenes said:
You have to respect Jayz because he's been in the game operating at a high level for damn near 20 years.(1996-present) from his solo debut to now.

50-cent was just a clown that had a run from (2003-2007) and then fell off.

JayZ has timeless records and classic albums, he carries himself with dignity and represents the culture in a respectable fashion.

50-Cent was just a gimmick who simply used rap music to get rich and never showed any growth in his music or improvement in skills, his career was one quick downward spiral.

JayZ is one of the Goats of the culture and you have to respect his achievements and longevity.

This^^^^ and more of THIS below THIS^

Graftedgenes said:
If you want to see the type of person that 50-Cent is just rewind back to when he dry-snitched on
murder Inc when he was on 1o6th & Park or how he called Lauryn Hill a bi*ch and told Howard Stern that Emenim could call him a Ni99er.

I been around the industry almost my entire life so believe me when I say almost nobody respects him.

Do you think it's an accident that the people close to him always end up dissing him? Bang Em, Buck, Game....why do you think Dr Dre is buying Ross gifts after Ross sh*tted on 50.... why do you think Emenim signed Joe Budden after he sh*tted on 50, why do you think Jimmy Iovine signed a deal with Dipset after Camron sh*tted on 50?

Open your eyes and watch how people move and maneuver in the game, watch closely and you will see the people who get love and respect and the people who don't get respect.
 6 years ago '11        #69
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Fly or Die said:
50 cent has been irrelevant for years and kanye west has been on top of the game since he came out and has a better discog than any other rapper out.

beanie sigel is a better rapper than 50 cent, and anyone else who was ever a.ssociated with eminem

dipset was the most powerful movement of the last decade
Do your history before you post

Gunit was bigger then dipset everybody in gunit went plat and there album together went double plat the only person to sell in dipset was cam

Kanye is thanks to Dame Jay didn't support kanye as a rapper until he blew up

Stop d!cksucking
 6 years ago '10        #70
AriGold 171 heat pts171
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2221 2221
 Fly or Die said:
eminem had 50 cent

jayz had kanye, beanie, and dipset
This is wrong.

We giving n*ggas passes now for posting false sh*t?
 6 years ago '10        #71
AriGold 171 heat pts171
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2221 2221
At the end of the day they both got bread and they both did sh*t the other hasn't. Jay got like 11 straight #1's (maybe more now) and 50 sold so many albums that if you compare the 2 it's not even fair.

People might not like 50 but they will never say nothing about him in public for it to get back to him.
He's a rare breed. He's the only n*gga that was REALLY living a gangster life beefing with gangster legends in Queens. You got n*ggas wearing jeggings and ex law enforcement talking about a whole bunch of nothing.
 6 years ago '11        #72
Officer William 7 heat pts
space
space
$488 | Props total: 1 1
50 bar far

No one has done what his done and never will

He came out in 2002 / 2003 and is up there with all the big names jay puff birdman who all been around since the 90's

people forget that
 6 years ago '06        #73
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
50 generated hate all by himself beefing with dam near everybody in rap.

The most respectable thing I think 50 did was maximize his time in the spotlight as far as money is concerned.

Im not that impressed with these n*ggas bis wise. Yeah they made a lot of money but what was so impressive about HOW they did it. Think about besides the music itself.

This biggest check 50 got was from that vitamin water sh*t. That sh*t was flukey and good timing.
Jay Was mostly smart enough to place himself around smart PPl.

Roc a Fella he had dame dash and Kareem.
Rocawear he had dame dash.
Belva dear....
40/40 Not exactly a huge Success. Multiple lawsuits, hick up and Closings.
Ok So Now Dame aint here. Yes, but he just hired ppl to replace him. Like that white n*gga he got behind him now.

I think what 50 did with the mixtape game in his beginnings was Impressive.

I respect 50 and Jay for their Ambition and Drive rather than their actual Business skills.
If they achieved those business dealings BEFORE they Blew up as rappers That would be impressive.

Like I said I respect their Grind, Ambition, and Drive more than their actual business skills. I think anybody that has that ambition and Drive 50 and Jay got and was/is as popular they are/was would have similar success.

JayZ music is much better than 50. I respect Jay More.

Last edited by Menelek; 03-07-2012 at 03:31 AM..
 03-07-2012, 03:26 AM         #74
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:
He came in the game with Yayo & Buck so scratch that, I'm talking up&coming artists:

Yayo hasn't dropped an album in 9 years.

LLoyd Banks is on Koch/E1 dropping flops

Young Buck was one-and-done like all G-Unit artists and eventually dissed the dog-sh*t out of them maggots.

The Game was already on Interscope, nice you should mention him he bodied G-Unit and he's still on Interscope after Yayo and Banks got dropped from the label.

Mobb Deep didn't go Gold on G-Unit, go check the RIAA because you're wrong.

JayZ has Kanye & J. Cole selling records and getting buzz and love from critics and fans unlike some garbage tax-write-off like Tony Yoyo and Hot Rod.

So get mad when the truth smacks you in the face.
uh, banks and yayo were up and coming artists when they came with him...so was he.

cole is "selling records and getting buzz" yet yayo sold 3x more than him...but cole is the successful one? right.

and you said how many successful artists did 50 make, not how many did he let leech from him like bleek. everyone I mentioned was successful, and the peak of their success was WITH him, as seen in them declining without him. that still means HE made them successful.

what does them dissing him have to do withh anything? you act like that's relevant to this discussion, which it isn't, but if you want to make it so that's when they started declining success wise.

seems like your hate is clouding the very obvious facts. come back when cole reaches platinum if you want to argue success kid.

like I said, get mad
 03-07-2012, 03:31 AM         #75
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly or Die said:
50 cent has been irrelevant for years and kanye west has been on top of the game since he came out and has a better discog than any other rapper out.

beanie sigel is a better rapper than 50 cent, and anyone else who was ever a.ssociated with eminem

Fly or Die said:
dipset was the most powerful movement of the last decade

damn, now I hate this word but you n*ggas are either hating hard as hell or you're dumb as sh*t.
 6 years ago '08        #76
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,846 | Props total: 12557 12557
50 d!ckriders out in full force in this thread

If only these same d!ckriders would buy his sh*tty albums, he'd still be relevant

Before I self destruct
 03-07-2012, 04:03 AM         #77
graydome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One is a legend... the other is a mumbler named fiddy
 03-07-2012, 06:04 AM         #78
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm afriad for the Future,
Yall respect the one that got shot,
I respect the shooter...
 6 years ago '10        #79
SpazzOut 63 heat pts63
space
space
$3,579 | Props total: 1658 1658
 psylence2k said:
As far as character goes ? 50 by far.

Jay is lyrically a legend/all time great but as a person he's no different than any other grimey two-faced money hungry caucasian/jew . He's ALWAYS gonna do what's best for him even when it hurts those who've dedicated their time,effort, and friendship to helping him out in the past.

He's always been that way, I remember hearing stories from Jay himself about how he never shared shyt with his friends since a young age and these were the same ppl giving Jay a place to sleep, money to get by, or backin him up in beef. I mean the dude shot his own brother over phucking jewelry. We dont even have to go into all the grimey shyt he did once he became famous.

50 on the other hand makes sure anyone who stays loyal is well taken care of. There's ppl who've been on the G-Unit roster that have probably made more money than Bleek without even dropping an album. Jay was paying Young Gunz only $800 a show when they had the biggest rap single in the country while Yayo came home from jail to $1 million in his bank account.
:agreement6:
 6 years ago '10        #80
SpazzOut 63 heat pts63
space
space
$3,579 | Props total: 1658 1658
 Graftedgenes said:

1) Calling Lauryn Hill a bi*ch doesn't say anthing about his character. It's Lauryn Hill, not Mother Theresa. The same Lauryn Hill who said she would let her kids starve before white people buy her music.

2) Game and 50 were never "close". 50 & Game have both said this several times in interviews. As for Buck, we all know what went down with that. Stop changing the story.

3) I highly doubt Eminem even knows Joe Budden dissed G-Unit nor cares. You just keep digging a hole for yourself. No one fu*king cares if Dre bought Ross a watch. Not even 50. Trust me.

Seriously tho, shut the fu*k up. You've been sounding like a retard this entire thread.
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I'm taking that one-way flight to London
16 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy