Kevin Hart X-mad card
21 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
235 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-06-2012, 02:57 PM         #21
Mikederm11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mistatnn said:
15 shows a year?! So youre gonna settle for a certain amount? Grinding out 4-5 shows a week gets your fan base up. 15 shows a year are reserved to the heavyweights in the game. If youre a Wiz Khalifa/Big Sean/French Montana/2Chainz type of n*gga, you doing all the shows you can do cause its no guarantee youll still be in the game 3-4 years down the road. Dudes thats been in the game for a while can eat off 15 shows a year cause theyre a lot well off than others and they have so much material out already, they wouldnt want to overflow the market
I hear what u sayin.. That's why I would spend wisely & invest. Of course I would do more shows if I had the chance to.. I just don't understand how a lotta of these rap n*ggaz is broke after a year or 2.
 6 years ago '04        #22
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,168 | Props total: 549 549
why nobody slap this guy? n*ggas who talk big should act big......... despite his money and success, am i the only one who smell pus*y when he open his mouth up?
 6 years ago '04        #23
mistatnn 
space
space
$5,474 | Props total: 2958 2958
 Mikederm11 said:
I hear what u sayin.. That's why I would spend wisely & invest. Of course I would do more shows if I had the chance to.. I just don't understand how a lotta of these rap n*ggaz is broke after a year or 2.
Yea I dont understand that either. Athletes are the same way. Making 100mill+ in a career and being broke afterwards?!? Gotta be kidding me. But then again I cant really speak if im not in their shoes. When you bring in more money, there are a lot more ways you can spend that sh*t. Houses, Cars, luxury type sh*t etc...The upkeep of a 5mill house has to be pretty expensive. Then you it probably cost you another half of mill at least to furnish the house. As well as 4-5 cars. Id hate to see how much a simple oil change cost on a Rolls Royce/Lambo/Bugatti

All that sh*t adds up after while. My checking acct only has 4 figures in it so I cant imagine but lets just say you have 6,7 figures to play with whenever you wanted to not to mention what you have in savings. Its easy to blow money when you got it and expecting the flow to continue. When sh*t gets rough and the bread isnt coming in like it use to, the bills dont stop. A couple of years ago that house you paid 5mill for is now only worth 3mill. We all know how cars dont hold value. All the luxury items you bought foolishly hold no resale value.
 03-06-2012, 04:09 PM         #24
Mikederm11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mistatnn said:
Yea I dont understand that either. Athletes are the same way. Making 100mill+ in a career and being broke afterwards?!? Gotta be kidding me. But then again I cant really speak if im not in their shoes. When you bring in more money, there are a lot more ways you can spend that sh*t. Houses, Cars, luxury type sh*t etc...The upkeep of a 5mill house has to be pretty expensive. Then you it probably cost you another half of mill at least to furnish the house. As well as 4-5 cars. Id hate to see how much a simple oil change cost on a Rolls Royce/Lambo/Bugatti

All that sh*t adds up after while. My checking acct only has 4 figures in it so I cant imagine but lets just say you have 6,7 figures to play with whenever you wanted to not to mention what you have in savings. Its easy to blow money when you got it and expecting the flow to continue. When sh*t gets rough and the bread isnt coming in like it use to, the bills dont stop. A couple of years ago that house you paid 5mill for is now only worth 3mill. We all know how cars dont hold value. All the luxury items you bought foolishly hold no resale value.
Fact!!!:applause:
 6 years ago '04        #25
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 IllmaticReignz said:
rapping starts the whole game tho.. you gotta go from rapping to appearances.. once ur sales is high.. then a tour is in demand.. then money comes.. he said real stuff but you gotta make those album numbers high so people can see that you about business.
its cool you got it figured out but

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #26
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,449 | Props total: 717 717
this is basic knowledge

Sabotage said:

[pic - click to view]

you gotta understand business to make money in a business

Last edited by NateRight; 03-06-2012 at 04:36 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #27
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
If rappers really wanted to work they would go independent and make money off EVERYTHING. Instead they have their label to do all the work for 'em and this is what it gets you.
 6 years ago '10        #28
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,790 | Props total: 2885 2885
 Zaosyn said:
If rappers really wanted to work they would go independent and make money off EVERYTHING. Instead they have their label to do all the work for 'em and this is what it gets you.
A lot are these days, or at least are learning. The problem is, so many artist sell their souls in their contract that when they realize how much money they missed out on & someone else is receiving they start waking up. But we could have been woke up (as far as hip-hop as a whole). Not too many wanna drop jewels about when you 1st come in the game though…you just have to have an automatic understanding & be business savvy. Really all record companies are good for is major distribution now…& with the internet it has brought competition to needing that “major” to distribute your music.

Theres not much marketing the label can contribute…at least that is gonna give you a solid & loyal fanbase. Companies wanna sell gimmicks…gimmicks never last long…when they’re gone, so is the artist & or his “backing” by the company. Just think, really all any company is; is something that other people are too lazy to do & will fund the company to do so for them….or something that has available “resources” not known or readily available to the average person/consumer.

I don’t wanna novel this out so I’ll chill. But the only lucrative thing about “business”, is owning it or seeing (fair) percentages off the earnings.
 6 years ago '04        #29
mistatnn 
space
space
$5,474 | Props total: 2958 2958
 ARosary said:
A lot are these days, or at least are learning. The problem is, so many artist sell their souls in their contract that when they realize how much money they missed out on & someone else is receiving they start waking up. But we could have been woke up (as far as hip-hop as a whole). Not too many wanna drop jewels about when you 1st come in the game though…you just have to have an automatic understanding & be business savvy. Really all record companies are good for is major distribution now…& with the internet it has brought competition to needing that “major” to distribute your music.

Theres not much marketing the label can contribute…at least that is gonna give you a solid & loyal fanbase. Companies wanna sell gimmicks…gimmicks never last long…when they’re gone, so is the artist & or his “backing” by the company. Just think, really all any company is; is something that other people are too lazy to do & will fund the company to do so for them….or something that has available “resources” not known or readily available to the average person/consumer.

I don’t wanna novel this out so I’ll chill. But the only lucrative thing about “business”, is owning it or seeing (fair) percentages off the earnings.
 6 years ago '11        #30
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
space
$59,340 | Props total: 25229 25229
Bow wow smart man

I know alot of actors and they say hollywood theres no 20 million dollar paydays anymore and with actors instead they take less for there overall pay but they want in the films revenue if it does well,like a partnership in the movie.

if it does not do well..well then the actor makes alot less but if it does hell he cakes like bowwow was saying

9 million after tax you still got a cool 6 million from the movie

imagine how much ice cube made
 6 years ago '07        #31
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1121 1121
Bow Wow spittin that common sense but n*ggas dont think
 03-06-2012, 07:31 PM         #32
MGOINS27  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good information
 03-06-2012, 07:34 PM         #33
Mikederm11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Im Soo Special said:
U wonder why i say independent. i have no idea why ppl still sign to majors or why people think starting their own record label is key. its all bout self in this game these days
That's the truth!!.. You'll be better off doing mixtapes 2 catch that buzz, then do shows strictly off your mixtapes.. 2chainz & French Montana was doin it for a good minute.

Last edited by Mikederm11; 03-06-2012 at 07:37 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #34
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,696 | Props total: 8659 8659
bow wow speaking the truth but yet he sign with YMCMB
 6 years ago '09        #35
Nx41fe 1 heat pts
space
space
$629 | Props total: 3 3
 Gink said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

is that scarlett?
 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM         #36
One Gud Cide  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sabotage said:

[pic - click to view]

if you're too stupid to know how to do business, I'd take advantage of you too

boo hoo the big bad record execs made me sign papers with words that i didn't want to read
 6 years ago '04        #37
young_al 
space
space
$1,385 | Props total: 88 88
I would not want to be a rapper for sh*t these days you need JD from a tier one law school. Its good chance you will get screwed over with how the music business is changing because of technology and globalization. I don't care how gangster bow wow was acting in the hearts and minds of his bodyguard and record label he was double r*ped him physically and business wise.
 6 years ago '10        #38
sho 2010 196 heat pts196
space
space
space
$41,938 | Props total: 5198 5198
 Special Edd said:
^ thats what you say now, you want to make minimal to survive when there is more out there. you dont sound humble you sound like you would be that n*gga to settle for nothing.

and that n*gga that posted the bi*ch she fine but you n*ggas are corny trying to derail threads and sh*t with female pics like n*ggas thirsty like yall, yall got yall thirsty head fu*ked up n*ggas talking money and you posting a bi*ch. cornballs on this site smell me? got a problem come licc the tip n*gga, its dry

u not foolin me...
 6 years ago '05        #39
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
i mean what he said is true and all but nobody wants to here that.he pretty much saying hey i know my cd wont sale any units so who cares u dont make money off cd anyway. No n*gga YOU DONT MAKE MONEY OFF RECORD SALES no one is checking for bow that just what it is. and i doubt he got 9 million for lottery ticket or even like mike n*gga is gasing. He dont need to i know he rich but he not getting movie money like that
 6 years ago '04        #40
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
i mean what he said is true and all but nobody wants to here that.he pretty much saying hey i know my cd wont sale any units so who cares u dont make money off cd anyway. No n*gga YOU DONT MAKE MONEY OFF RECORD SALES no one is checking for bow that just what it is. and i doubt he got 9 million for lottery ticket or even like mike n*gga is gasing. He dont need to i know he rich but he not getting movie money like that
word. the total budget on lottery ticket was $17 mil and theres no way he got 9 off of that. MOst of it went into production. the movie grossed around $35 mil but thats before all of promo, distribution and marketing is totaled up.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
35 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
8 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago