Controversial sports writer Jason Whitlock: Kobe benefits most from LeBron hate

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinxís Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
89 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #161
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
Kobe is a better defender than LeBron and you n*ggas stop with that dumb fu*k sh*t talking about he defended Gasol and stopped him. That one highlight Jeff Van Gundy used of him fronting Gasol made me sick to my stomach and didnt show how good LeBron can defend, it showed how weak Pau is. Watch him stop working and moving his feet to get his post position. That is the kind of sh*t that drives coaches crazy because Pau knows damn well he wasnt working and just wanted to be lazy and expect the ball.

If you think Lebron can do that to Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Lamarcus Aldridge, Tim Duncan, KG or many of the leagues other PFs then you are the idiot I thought you were.
 03-05-2012, 05:39 PM         #162
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ktbballplaya said:
because miami bigs were hot trash yesterday with bosh out and he was to busy holding gasol to 11 points
He held a 16 point scorer to 11 points huh....great job I guess

and Pau's average includes putting back Kobe's misses after he draws all the attention and Artest shooting 16% from the field. Kobe and Artest shot the ball well enough to limit Gasol's opportunities to do that which reflects fewer points for Pau. Give him two putbacks on Kobe and Artest's misses and he has 15.

Last edited by SOCIALITE; 03-05-2012 at 05:41 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #163
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
 NeoDaMatrix said:
can you say illiterate?
 6 years ago '07        #164
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Listen people. Just because ESPN made you believe that Lebron is an all world defender doesn't mean its true. He never really stopped D Rose, the n*gga just missed shots. He got past Bron when he wanted to except for the last couple plays when he admitted that he was too tired to get past him. Evidence of LeBron's lack of defense was evident in the next series when he couldn't keep Terry or Barea in front of him and they went off and won the title. Wait, what about when he was with Cleveland and they thought they could put him on Rondo? Lebron had a great team behind him able to be there and discourage Rose in those games with the Heat and Rose didnt have any teammates willing to step up and help him close games making it easy for the team to defend them.

I'll be back later to expose what you clowns think is awesome defense thanks to espn highlights.
DRose even admitted he didnt have moves one he got to those areas. DRose relied on speed and strength so that is why he dominates his position scoring but he hasn't developed a scorers game yet.
 6 years ago '09        #165
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,268 | Props total: 1397 1397
Kobe hasn't played defense in a long time.
 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM         #166
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OK watch this video for Kobe putting on a defensive clinic and scoring 30+ points in the half to take over against T-Mac. Video shows T-Mac giving it to the Lakers, and Kobe switching to him and not allowing him to get anymore. Let me know when LeBron does some sh*t like that.

[video - click to view]

LeBron should watch this video to see how it's done. Look how Stevenson was wearing his headband hahah Oh yea and learn how to play D like Kobe

EDIT: Just watched this video for the first time in years. Man that n*gga Kobe was a beast in his prime. The only reason we have league pass every season right there. Didn't want to miss a moment. Remember watching AI, T-Mac, and Kobe pretty much every day going back and forth...the NBA was the sh*t then.

Last edited by SOCIALITE; 03-05-2012 at 06:16 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #167
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,690 | Props total: 8648 8648
Kobe dont benefit sh*t from lebron hate.

Kobe doesnt have to prove sh*t no more all he needs to do is win rings rather its scoring 15 pts or 30pts.
 03-05-2012, 06:00 PM         #168
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xRapHeadx said:
Not that long ago, he had stand out defensive performances last year. And he held Wade to 16 points on 17 shots last night. But he's older, I don't think it's ever been a 16 year vet locking n*ggas down night in and night out.
 6 years ago '07        #169
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 xRapHeadx said:
when Kobe guarded lebron yesterday and forced him to two air balls how did u like his defense then?
 6 years ago '06        #170
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4490 4490
 Cambury said:
when Kobe guarded lebron yesterday and forced him to two air balls how did u like his defense then?
Wade was also 3-9 when Kobe was on him.
 6 years ago '11        #171
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9957 9957

[video - click to view]

Lebron, the Kobe k!ller
 03-05-2012, 06:14 PM         #172
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 T2THEONE said:

Well, I don’t hate LeBron or Kobe. I love basketball. I don’t care if Kobe wins eight championships, he’s not on the same level as Jordan, Magic, Bird or even the title-less King James.
Stopped reading,you can tell the n*gga is a kobe hater/Bron lover.

Last edited by Trill Clinton; 03-05-2012 at 06:18 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #173
tymaxwell 
space
space
space
$107 | Props total: 0 0
:agreement6:
 Nate187um said:
you forgot to add THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ANY RINGS TO SHOW FOR IT EITHER

THE TRUTH.. plus HOW many times lebron has been seeded #1 and choked??
 6 years ago '04        #174
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,548 | Props total: 6251 6251
 T2THEONE said:

Hatred of LeBron ó more than even Kobeís five championship rings ó is the primary reason Kobe is allowed to delude himself with the notion that he is on equal footing with Magic and Bird and in hot pursuit of Michael Jordanís legacy.

We sell the false Kobe narrative because it fuels and justifies our disdain for King James. The closer Kobe is to NBA royalty, the more distance James must travel and the more people he must pass to get a seat at the table reserved for Jordan, Magic and Bird. LeBron haters donít want him anywhere near the NBAís Lord, Savior and Holy Ghost. LeBron is Judas, in the hatersí mind, the man who betrayed Cleveland. Kobe is Peter, Jordanís most trusted disciple.

Sunday, inside Staples Center, Kobe spread more of his false gospel. He dropped 33 points in a 93-83 victory over the visiting Heat. His congregation loved it. It was more proof that Kobe is unrivaled in this era, that James and Dwyane Wade are young stars with a long haul if they ever want to be in the same class as Kobe the Great.

ďWhat I have left to accomplish, those players retired a long time ago,Ē Bryant said Friday night. ďAt this point my rivals, in terms of what I have left to accomplish, (left the game) when Magic and Michael retired.Ē

Yep. Thatís the delusion LeBron hate empowers.

Well, I donít hate LeBron or Kobe. I love basketball. I donít care if Kobe wins eight championships, heís not on the same level as Jordan, Magic, Bird or even the title-less King James. Thatís not hatred of Kobe or the Lakers. Itís an objective statement of fact.

In baseball terms, Kobe Bryant was born on third base and weíre allowing him to act like he hit a grand slam. There is no bigger competitive advantage in sports than playing for the Los Angeles Lakers. Because of the weather, the beach and the entertainment options, an indoor professional sports franchise operating in Los Angeles has no excuse not to stock its roster with the best talent money can buy. Itís not a coincidence the Lakers have been home to Wilt, Kareem and Shaq.

While the Lakers have patiently waited for the opportunity to acquire Dwight Howard, Kobe has had to make do the past few years with two very good 7-footers, Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol, rather than a once-in-a-decade big man.

Playing alongside mammoth space-eaters, lane-cloggers and rim-defenders the overwhelming majority of his career has given Kobe the freedom to be a one-dimensional all-time great. Kobe is a scorer. Period. He canít touch Michael Jordan as a defender. Kobe is not in the same zip code as Magic and Bird as a creator and teammate-elevator.

When you compare Kobeís all-around game to the Lord, Savior and Holy Ghost, heís completely outclassed. Kobe is a scorer. Period. Thatís all he did Sunday. He put 33 points on Shane Battier, a terrific defender. Kobe had a great game. But he also did little else. He had three rebounds, one a.ssist, zero steals or blocks.

Meanwhile, on a day the Heat played without Chris Bosh and on an afternoon when Wade was off his game and fouled out in 31 minutes, LeBron James played the entire 94 feet. He scored 25 points, grabbed 13 rebounds, passed out seven a.ssists, nabbed three steals and blocked two shots.

Given Boshís absence and Wadeís miserable play, the Lakers shouldíve won by 25. The Heat had no size and James had little help. He defended Gasol, holding him to 11 points. James single-handedly kept Miami in contention.

You put Bynum and Gasol around LeBron James and everyone in the league would expect that team to win a championship. Kobe wants the roster blown up. Heís still upset David Stern stopped the Lakers from acquiring Chris Paul.

You give Wade the same rosters Kobe has played with throughout his Los Angeles career, and I guarantee you the Lakers win the same number of titles ó if not more. If you look at their career numbers, Wade is a better all-around player than Bryant. Wade bests Bryant in field-goal percentage, a.ssists, steals and blocks and is in a virtual tie with Bryant in points per game (25.4 to 25.3) and rebounds (5.3 to 5.2).

Donít even waste your time comparing Kobeís averages to Jordanís, Birdís, Magicís and LeBronís. Kobe isnít on their level.

I donít hate Kobe Bryant. I love watching him play. He played a beautiful game Sunday. Kobe is the Jerry West of this era. But letís stop the blasphemy of elevating Bryant to the same level as the Holy Trinity. Donít let your hatred of LeBron convince you that Kobe is something heís clearly not.

[pic - click to view]

03-05-2012, 06:33 PM         #175
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SOCIALITE said:
He held a 16 point scorer to 11 points huh....great job I guess

and Pau's average includes putting back Kobe's misses after he draws all the attention
Which proves whitlock point, the benefit of playing with dominant and effective 7 footers in his career has allowed him to be a one dimensional player because his supporting cast picks much of the slack.

Heat are a small team and lebron took away there second leading scorer. You cant ask dwade to take away gasol bc he doesnt have the ability, but spo could have put battier on gasol and bron on kobe. Thats asking a lot out of spo to recognize that and make in game adjustments bc he doesnt know what hes doing.
 03-05-2012, 06:41 PM         #176
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KingHenrythe2nd said:

Lebron, the Kobe k!ller
So LeBron took more shots and made more shots than Kobe with more a.ssists as well...
So Kobe's smush/kwame teams were better than LeBron's teams...

interesting.
 03-05-2012, 06:43 PM         #177
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KingHenrythe2nd said:

Lebron, the Kobe k!ller
i watched your video, the 1st 4 mins is lebron sh*tting on Lamar Odom nice try though buddy, make sure you watch the video you post before you actually post it FANBOI
 6 years ago '06        #178
frequent23 
space
space
$1,084 | Props total: 82 82
 ondatpurple said:
you acting like shaq carried wade

foh
Has he done anything since Shaq left tho?
 6 years ago '06        #179
ramanaa 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$822 | Props total: 0 0

i was thinking it.. he straight up said it..
 6 years ago '11        #180
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9957 9957
 NeoDaMatrix said:
i watched your video, the 1st 4 mins is lebron sh*tting on Lamar Odom nice try though buddy, make sure you watch the video you post before you actually post it FANBOI
Yep. And then Kobe switched onto him, and guess what? Same result
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago