Controversial sports writer Jason Whitlock: Kobe benefits most from LeBron hate

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
26 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-05-2012, 05:16 PM         #141
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 maxnn said:
Just wondering, why do you think bird was overrated?
Just determining greatness by the standards that seems to be the most accepted by the masses. Losing in the Finals, not winning the MVP in every title year, playing alongside other HOFs. In comparison I think it's some players he's ranked over by popular opinion that doesn't quite add up and I think it's just to keep him attached to Magic who's top 3 on most lists. Making Bird a top 5 player. I would rank him more towards lower 10 personally judging off of his career accomplishments, stats, and skill set.
 6 years ago '10        #142
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 PG-13 said:
did this n*gga saying Kobe is better defender than Bron? I've seen enough
hes just talkin out his a.ss
 6 years ago '04        #143
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,414 | Props total: 3480 3480
Kobe in his prime was a better defender than Lebron.

Right now, not the case.

Lebron is more versatile, sure.. That's largely a factor of his combination of size, strength and speed..

But if you needed a guy to just put on an island against anyone and take a great offensive player out of the game, Kobe did that on a nightly basis and on an elite level.

You guys are confusing a Lebron who is at his prime to Kobe who while being close to his prime level, is clearly not in it anymore in terms of his physical ability..
 6 years ago '07        #144
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 PG-13 said:
why was lebron never switched onto Kobe?
 6 years ago '07        #145
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 ondatpurple said:
hes just talkin out his a.ss
how many airballs did lebron put up with Kobe guarding him yesterday?
 03-05-2012, 05:20 PM         #146
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didnt read

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #147
Deelo Deniroz 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,848 | Props total: 481 481
 Cambury said:
how many airballs did lebron put up with Kobe guarding him yesterday?
becuz he was guarding fukkin gasol
 6 years ago '07        #148
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 Deelo Deniroz said:
becuz he was guarding fukkin gasol
lebron guarded gasol in the 2nd half...

And how is this a response to the amount of airballs he put up when ISO with Kobe on him
 6 years ago '04        #149
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$19,067 | Props total: 4836 4836
 SOCIALITE said:
Just determining greatness by the standards that seems to be the most accepted by the masses. Losing in the Finals, not winning the MVP in every title year, playing alongside other HOFs. In comparison I think it's some players he's ranked over by popular opinion that doesn't quite add up and I think it's just to keep him attached to Magic who's top 3 on most lists. Making Bird a top 5 player. I would rank him more towards lower 10 personally judging off of his career accomplishments, stats, and skill set.
i do not think bird is top 3 all time either he got a name but he aint top three sh*t id take scottie over bird
 03-05-2012, 05:24 PM         #150
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
because miami bigs were hot trash yesterday with bosh out and he was to busy holding gasol to 11 points
 6 years ago '04        #151
space
space
 Cambury said:
kObe and mike played once his rookie year 3 times his sophomore year(including AS game where they guarded each other)...in 01-02 they played twice and in 02-03 they played 3 times including them guarding each other in the all star games.

The point is how could Kobe be his rival is A. He isn't in his age group B. They weren't playing for anything worth anything.
i wasnt speaking on ho many games im saying someone said jordan was outplayed in every one of them and he wasnt
 6 years ago '05        #152
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
 Cambury said:
im sayin...

he probably told spo "but...but... this game is on national tv...i can't have kobe shoot and score them fade aways all day on me coach.... please put shane on him"
 6 years ago '07        #153
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 UF4Soldier said:
i wasnt speaking on ho many games im saying someone said jordan was outplayed in every one of them and he wasnt
oh hell nah but kobe took advantage of the old man and the old man schooled the kid. But never would that be a rivalry tho they went at it.
 6 years ago '05        #154
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
 ktbballplaya said:
because miami bigs were hot trash yesterday with bosh out and he was to busy holding gasol to 11 points

gasol was having a sh*tty game from the start....even before LeBrick said he wanted no part of kobe and preferred to guard a scrawny gasol better
 6 years ago '04        #155
space
space
 SOCIALITE said:
Sports is always about timing and situations. Jordan will be remember as the greatest probably forever and I'm on board with that as a Kobe fan. But him not being MJ doesn't discredit who he is, most people don't seem to get that.
him being as good as he is but looking almost like mj the way he did is what fu*ks him over had he had diff style of game and won what he won he would be in his own class
 6 years ago '11        #156
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,973 | Props total: 9976 9976
 UF4Soldier said:
i do not think bird is top 3 all time either he got a name but he aint top three sh*t id take scottie over bird

[pic - click to view]

03-05-2012, 05:30 PM         #157
NeoDaMatrix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PG-13 said:
can you say illiterate?
 6 years ago '07        #158
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 ktbballplaya said:
lebron guarded gasol second half...first half is when Kobe scored majority of his points. If he was the defender people make him out to be at some point a switch should have occurred. Lebron isn't a better defender than Wade, that is fact. Wade guards scorers night in and night out last time lebron guarded a scorer was the knicks game, then the Celtics game and before that derrick rose in the playoffs hahaha n*gga is usually guarding the small forward which isn't a scoring position. Alhough somehow guys like Wright, Beasley and Hayward find ways to get buckets on him.
 03-05-2012, 05:32 PM         #159
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:
n*gga you must be smoking some sh*t

how in the fidduck is kobe a better defender than lebron?

lebron can guard damn near anybody from 1 to 5

is kobe known for chase down blocks?
Kobe was beasting out of chase down blocks one year and turned his ankle doing that dumb sh*t so he stopped. It's like is 2 points more important than longevity? LeBron doesn't even do it often anymore just in select spots, I've only seen him get like 3 this year.

But anyway great defense was never measured by stats. How many chase down blocks did Jordan get? What about Pippen, Bruce Bowen, Ron Artest, Cooper, Bird, Stocton, Kidd, Glove, etc. Great defenders are the guys who has stand out defensive efforts, the ones who goes and gets the teams hottest guy and cool him off. LeBron's an above average defender but not amongst the greatest of all time. I can name back games of Kobe playing game changing defense, only Rose for LeBron.

And LeBron guarding Favors ain't fu*king impressive. LeBron bullying Pau doesn't earn him points with me. Lets see LeBron guard a Shaq and I'll give him credit for guarding the 5, sh*t even Howard or Bynum, Cousins even, when he gets one of those guys and stops them I'll give him credit for guarding the 5. Guarding a n*gga who ain't gonna get sh*t anyway don't mean sh*t. Kobe guarded Jason Maxiell for a 5 minute stretch before and didn't give up any points, you don't see Kobe fans saying he can guard the 5.

LeBron is all hustle, which he's great at no question, but he plays hard and he's fast, strong, and got crazy hops. It enables him to make defensive plays, but he lacks great on ball lock down defense.

And I know you'll bring up Rose, but that was about team, because Rose was blowing pass LeBron only to run into Wade and Anthony at the rim. Kicking it out to dudes who couldn't ease the pressure for him. Which allowed LeBron to play airtight D on him. He did a damn good job like I gave him credit for earlier, but Rose was blowing by him and he was relying on that help D greatly.

Fact is, we live in a "what have you done for me lately" world. So people just forget Kobe locking sh*t down 10 and 12 years ago. Now when he has great defensive moments it's "when he feels like it". smh
 6 years ago '09        #160
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,432 | Props total: 12370 12370
Listen people. Just because ESPN made you believe that Lebron is an all world defender doesn't mean its true. He never really stopped D Rose, the n*gga just missed shots. He got past Bron when he wanted to except for the last couple plays when he admitted that he was too tired to get past him. Evidence of LeBron's lack of defense was evident in the next series when he couldn't keep Terry or Barea in front of him and they went off and won the title. Wait, what about when he was with Cleveland and they thought they could put him on Rondo? Lebron had a great team behind him able to be there and discourage Rose in those games with the Heat and Rose didnt have any teammates willing to step up and help him close games making it easy for the team to defend them.

I'll be back later to expose what you clowns think is awesome defense thanks to espn highlights.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
16 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy