Controversial sports writer Jason Whitlock: Kobe benefits most from LeBron hate

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #101
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,390 | Props total: 13062 13062
 Cambury said:
this is my point wade and Kobe dont play enough, they play twice a season! No playoff series everrrr
could've had one last year...
 03-05-2012, 04:17 PM         #102
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe averages 5 boards and 5 a.ssists so to say because in one game he only had 3 and 1 that he doesn't do anything but score is absurd. Not many players in leauges history were able to drop 25, 5, 5 so lets not act like Kobe's stats are sh*t because LeBron gets a few more plays a game or because Jordan made one more shot a game.

And defense can't be measured in statistical form. So to knock Kobe's defense is plain dumb. He guarded D Wade every minute they played together and Wade finished 16 points on 17 shots, is that not defense? Kobe guarded Rondo, Pierce and Allen depending on the situation. Guarded Billups, Mello, and JR Smith to beat Denver in the WCF. Russell Westbrook who was giving the Lakers fits, Kobe got on him OKC never won another game in that series. That's a pretty diverse list of guys, and 3 amazing players in the same game switching off to who's ever doing the best at the time, and Russell Westbrook one of the most explosive athletes to ever play point guard. And that's only in the last 3 years. Come on Kobe's an elite defender. Sure he takes nights off against the likes of Wesley Johnson, but Kobe always locks in and gives it his all against great teams/wing players. Again to make downplay Kobe's defense is absurd.
 6 years ago '09        #103
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,268 | Props total: 19367 19367
 Cambury said:
this is my point wade and Kobe dont play enough, they play twice a season! No playoff series everrrr
oh i thought you were arguing that MJ/Kobe was a rivalry nvm
 03-05-2012, 04:18 PM         #104
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 joshdogg26 said:
could've had one last year...
Or the 3 years before it
 6 years ago '11        #105
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
Whitlock preaching

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #106
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
 SOCIALITE said:
Having a rival adds greatness to both sides. LeBron teaming up with Wade hurt him in that regard that he's playing with the 2nd best player of his era, even though the KD's and Rose's are crossing into that era. Just like Bird will always be a bit overrated(in my opinion) because he'll be attached to Magic. Kobe's lack of a rival hurts him, but he does have the Lakers legacy to left him up(which it indeed does)
Just wondering, why do you think bird was overrated?
 6 years ago '09        #107
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
Its crazy how n*ggas hate on Kobe's defense like Mike was out there guarding the other teams best player. That honor went to scottie and Rodman and Horace. Mike might occasionally slide over to play them but it wasnt all game. Kobe has had to guard the other teams guy just about all of his career and worry about scoring/making plays until they signed Artest at the end of his career.

This article presented no facts at all, just a long opinionated bait article so people can continue to click on his website to read more. Whitlock is great at drawing in the masses with his baiting and again it worked here.
 6 years ago '06        #108
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4490 4490
Bird is overated though. I don't think he's better than Lebron or Kobe as an individual player
 6 years ago '09        #109
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
 ghettofied said:
Is it me, or all the Kobe fans saying this article is trash? Wow.
Is it me or all the Kobe haters are praising this as the truth and a great article?
Wow.

See what I did there?
 6 years ago '04        #110
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3473 3473
You guys are sleeping on Bird..

That was a bad a.ss motherfu*ker man..
 6 years ago '11        #111
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9957 9957
Let's be real for a second. If Lebron ended his career with 3 titles, is he top 10 all time?

If Lebron won 3, I'd believe he'd be top 10 and he'd be better than Kobe, no matter how many titles Kobe has won. Lebron is just better than Kobe at everything besides scoring, but they're not so far off.
 6 years ago '11        #112
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9957 9957
 A.G said:
You guys are sleeping on Bird..

That was a bad a.ss motherfu*ker man..
#3 all time on my list
 6 years ago '08        #113
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
 6 years ago '07        #114
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 KingHenrythe2nd said:
Let's be real for a second. If Lebron ended his career with 3 titles, is he top 10 all time?

If Lebron won 3, I'd believe he'd be top 10 and he'd be better than Kobe, no matter how many titles Kobe has won. Lebron is just better than Kobe at everything besides scoring, but they're not so far off.
lebron is not a better defender than Kobe and he isn't as clutch as Kobe...

Lebron passing>
Lebron rebounding>
Kobe scoring>
Kobe defense>
Kobe clutch>

Sorry but they are in the same league
 6 years ago '05        #115
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
I didn't even read it. The first sentence says the hate of Lebron counts for more than the 5 rings Kobe has.

Really? :wtf:
 6 years ago '11        #116
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
 Cambury said:
lebron is not a better defender than Kobe and he isn't as clutch as Kobe...

Lebron passing>
Lebron rebounding>
Kobe scoring>
Kobe defense>
Kobe clutch>

Sorry but they are in the same league
Is clutch something that can be measured? And all stats say Lebron as a scorer > Kobe as a scorer.
 6 years ago '04        #117
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,015 | Props total: 11817 11817
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Its crazy how n*ggas hate on Kobe's defense like Mike was out there guarding the other teams best player. That honor went to scottie and Rodman and Horace. Mike might occasionally slide over to play them but it wasnt all game. Kobe has had to guard the other teams guy just about all of his career and worry about scoring/making plays until they signed Artest at the end of his career.

This article presented no facts at all, just a long opinionated bait article so people can continue to click on his website to read more. Whitlock is great at drawing in the masses with his baiting and again it worked here.
 6 years ago '06        #118
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
 KingHenrythe2nd said:

He's better than Jordan at everything except scoring too, and he'll never be better than him either cause those two have intangibles that Lebron could never have.

Another thing is if Bron wins all his rings with Wade and Bosh it's not as impressive as Kobe winning two with Pau and Lamar Odom.

People love to discredit Kobe for being on a team with Shaq so I don't see why it wouldn't apply to Bron too.
 6 years ago '04        #119
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,015 | Props total: 11817 11817
 maxnn said:
Is clutch something that can be measured? And all stats say Lebron as a scorer > Kobe as a scorer.
"stats" can be construed to say anything. stats could make a case that jeremy lin > kobe. be real
 6 years ago '06        #120
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
BTW Bron is not a BETTER scorer than Kobe in his prime. Up until this year Lebron's jumper was wildly inconsistent and most of his shots came from bumrushing the lane and shots from inside 15 ft. He still has ugly footwork,lacking a consistent postgame and is not a good 3 point shooter he just doesn't shoot 3's so his FG% is inflated. He has improved his J but he still relies on his power and speed for the bulk of his points.

Kobe in his prime was probably the best one on one player ever. Dude was lethal from every spot on the floor,had amazing footwork,post game that rivals Jordans,hit three's from anywhere,hook shots,dunks,evasive layup against triple teams etc...

Lebron is better all around as a team player but his best offensive night wouldn't crack Kobe's top 15.

Last edited by 28 Gramz; 03-05-2012 at 04:59 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
113 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy