NBA Nas got the last laugh
73 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
415 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
31 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
15672 pageviews
268 comments

T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
Controversial sports writer Jason Whitlock: Kobe benefits most from LeBron hate

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Controversial sports writer Jason Whitlock: Kobe benefits most from LeBron hate

Hatred of LeBron ó more than even Kobeís five championship rings ó is the primary reason Kobe is allowed to delude himself with the notion that he is on equal footing with Magic and Bird and in hot pursuit of Michael Jordanís legacy.

We sell the false Kobe narrative because it fuels and justifies our disdain for King James. The closer Kobe is to NBA royalty, the more distance James must travel and the more people he must pass to get a seat at the table reserved for Jordan, Magic and Bird. LeBron haters donít want him anywhere near the NBAís Lord, Savior and Holy Ghost. LeBron is Judas, in the hatersí mind, the man who betrayed Cleveland. Kobe is Peter, Jordanís most trusted disciple.

Sunday, inside Staples Center, Kobe spread more of his false gospel. He dropped 33 points in a 93-83 victory over the visiting Heat. His congregation loved it. It was more proof that Kobe is unrivaled in this era, that James and Dwyane Wade are young stars with a long haul if they ever want to be in the same class as Kobe the Great.

ďWhat I have left to accomplish, those players retired a long time ago,Ē Bryant said Friday night. ďAt this point my rivals, in terms of what I have left to accomplish, (left the game) when Magic and Michael retired.Ē

Yep. Thatís the delusion LeBron hate empowers.

Well, I donít hate LeBron or Kobe. I love basketball. I donít care if Kobe wins eight championships, heís not on the same level as Jordan, Magic, Bird or even the title-less King James. Thatís not hatred of Kobe or the Lakers. Itís an objective statement of fact.

In baseball terms, Kobe Bryant was born on third base and weíre allowing him to act like he hit a grand slam. There is no bigger competitive advantage in sports than playing for the Los Angeles Lakers. Because of the weather, the beach and the entertainment options, an indoor professional sports franchise operating in Los Angeles has no excuse not to stock its roster with the best talent money can buy. Itís not a coincidence the Lakers have been home to Wilt, Kareem and Shaq.

While the Lakers have patiently waited for the opportunity to acquire Dwight Howard, Kobe has had to make do the past few years with two very good 7-footers, Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol, rather than a once-in-a-decade big man.

Playing alongside mammoth space-eaters, lane-cloggers and rim-defenders the overwhelming majority of his career has given Kobe the freedom to be a one-dimensional all-time great. Kobe is a scorer. Period. He canít touch Michael Jordan as a defender. Kobe is not in the same zip code as Magic and Bird as a creator and teammate-elevator.

When you compare Kobeís all-around game to the Lord, Savior and Holy Ghost, heís completely outclassed. Kobe is a scorer. Period. Thatís all he did Sunday. He put 33 points on Shane Battier, a terrific defender. Kobe had a great game. But he also did little else. He had three rebounds, one a.ssist, zero steals or blocks.

Meanwhile, on a day the Heat played without Chris Bosh and on an afternoon when Wade was off his game and fouled out in 31 minutes, LeBron James played the entire 94 feet. He scored 25 points, grabbed 13 rebounds, passed out seven a.ssists, nabbed three steals and blocked two shots.

Given Boshís absence and Wadeís miserable play, the Lakers shouldíve won by 25. The Heat had no size and James had little help. He defended Gasol, holding him to 11 points. James single-handedly kept Miami in contention.

You put Bynum and Gasol around LeBron James and everyone in the league would expect that team to win a championship. Kobe wants the roster blown up. Heís still upset David Stern stopped the Lakers from acquiring Chris Paul.

You give Wade the same rosters Kobe has played with throughout his Los Angeles career, and I guarantee you the Lakers win the same number of titles ó if not more. If you look at their career numbers, Wade is a better all-around player than Bryant. Wade bests Bryant in field-goal percentage, a.ssists, steals and blocks and is in a virtual tie with Bryant in points per game (25.4 to 25.3) and rebounds (5.3 to 5.2).

Donít even waste your time comparing Kobeís averages to Jordanís, Birdís, Magicís and LeBronís. Kobe isnít on their level.

I donít hate Kobe Bryant. I love watching him play. He played a beautiful game Sunday. Kobe is the Jerry West of this era. But letís stop the blasphemy of elevating Bryant to the same level as the Holy Trinity. Donít let your hatred of LeBron convince you that Kobe is something heís clearly not.
Lurker gave props

268 comments for "Controversial sports writer Jason Whitlock: Kobe benefits most from LeBron hate"

6 years ago '05        #2
DaDon23 65 heat pts65
space
space
$18,394 | Props total: 8072 8072
Jason Whitlock writes an article hating on Kobe what a surprise
 6 years ago '06        #3
authenic 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,216 | Props total: 1789 1789
People be dumb
 6 years ago '07        #4
st21 1234 heat pts1234
space
space
$55,459 | Props total: 43434 43434
whitlock is the biggest troll in all of sports media.
 6 years ago '05        #5
outkast 3 heat pts
space
space
$335 | Props total: 164 164
:bsflag::sleepy:
 6 years ago '08        #6
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 2276 2276

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

we all know if bron was on this lakers teams instead of kobe. they would be a 1 seed easily.
 03-05-2012, 10:23 AM         #7
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 portis187 said:

we all know if bron was on this lakers teams instead of kobe. they would be a 1 seed easily.
you forgot to add THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ANY RINGS TO SHOW FOR IT EITHER

6 years ago '04        #8
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456

People think Whitlock is an idiot until he writes something that they like..
 6 years ago '05        #9
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
trolling at its best everyone wants to shock jock there way to the top. controversial is the new s3xy. even if you sound like an idiot
 6 years ago '11        #10
BuckedCrazy 46 heat pts46
space
space
$5,048 | Props total: 1513 1513
Goddamn he sh*tted on kobe
 6 years ago '08        #11
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 2276 2276
 Nate187um said:
you forgot to add THEY WOULDN'T HAVE ANY RINGS TO SHOW FOR IT EITHER

please you know bron would pass it to an open artest to win the game vs the suns, instead of shooting a double team fade away airball and getting rescued by artest by grabbing kobes horrific shot and putting in the winning layup. And phil jackson wouldn't have to yell at bron during game 7 of the finals against the celtics saying "kobe trust your teammates pass them the ball" And people have the audasity on this forum to mention kobes name in the same breath as jordan.
 6 years ago '10        #12
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,206 | Props total: 11048 11048
So now that Whitlock says something u like he is credible...he is a troll b...if he praised my team i wouldnt giva a fu*k cuz he is a chocolate dipped Skip Bayless...
 6 years ago '04        #13
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 portis187 said:
please you know bron would pass it to an open artest to win the game vs the suns, instead of shooting a double team fade away airball and getting rescued by artest by grabbing kobes horrific shot and putting in the winning layup. And phil jackson wouldn't have to yell at bron during game 7 of the finals against the celtics saying "kobe trust your teammates pass them the ball" And people have the audasity on this forum to mention kobes name in the same breath as jordan.
When did this happen? I've got this game on bluray, so I'll wait. Unless it's another one of those made up anecdotes people seem to perpetuate on the forum.

Second, how about you watch the video of the Suns game winner and see where Kobe got the ball and where Artest came from to get the rebound. Artest WASN'T OPEN. He hustled his a.ss off and got to the ball before Jason Richardson did. Show me how he can pass to Artest in this situation without getting the ball tipped or stolen.

And a pass to Odom is the only option, but considering there's 3.5 seconds left on the clock and he's getting trapped close to the sideline, there'd also be a good chance the ball gets stolen or tipped.

[pic - click to view]

And it's not just people on this forum comparing Kobe.

It's Jordan himself, his teammates, his opponents, his coaches Phil Jackson, Tex Winter, Jim Cleamons, Frank Hamblen and Doug Collins.

Get your head out of your a.ss.

Last edited by A.G; 03-05-2012 at 10:39 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #14
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,850 | Props total: 5193 5193
I saw this on msn, Jason Whitlock is worse than Skip Bayless, dude is a complete idiot, I'm not reading this sh*t, it's probably just a bunch of hypothetical bs, dude has no credibility, he sounds just like somebody on here hatin.
 6 years ago '05        #15
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 A.G said:
When did this happen? I've got this game on bluray, so I'll wait. Unless it's another one of those made up anecdotes people seem to perpetuate on the forum.

And it's not just people on this forum comparing Kobe.

It's Jordan himself, his teammates, his opponents, his coaches Phil Jackson, Tex Winter, Jim Cleamons, Frank Hamblen and Doug Collins.

Get your head out of your a.ss.
What does Jordan know? The same Jordan that drafted kwame brown? And Phil Jackson was just trying to play mind games.. The rest of them, fu*k those old a.ss dinosaurs...

6 years ago '04        #16
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Rubix said:
What does Jordan know? The same Jordan that drafted kwame brown? And Phil Jackson was just trying to play mind games.. The rest of them, fu*k those old a.ss dinosaurs...

6 years ago '05        #17
R0R0 22 heat pts22
space
space
$5,803 | Props total: 11 11
Kobe with them mind games who else to learn then from the master zen master
 6 years ago '06        #18
droid3000 995 heat pts995
space
space
$26,441 | Props total: 26137 26137
masterpiece!
 6 years ago '11        #19
chenkcity 7 heat pts
space
space
$738 | Props total: 21 21
lebron benefits most from kobe hate.
 6 years ago '06        #20
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,899 | Props total: 1212 1212
Damn. This n*gga came wit pure facts.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
223 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
324 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
66 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy