Steph Kegels
85 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #301
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
 MysticKJ said:
both were jokes on the feet...too bad for Meisha Ronda was the better grappler...you could see the difference in that hip strength ever time they clinched or during any sort of scramble...

but to be honest, striking in MMA as a whole is still kinda ugly...we have all these BJJ champs, wrestling all-stars, ex-football players that are just learning how to strike...
I think muay thai/kickboxing is pretty good in mma. The formula to beating Rhonda would be great footwork. Just hit and move
 6 years ago '07        #302
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,837 | Props total: 2000 2000
 MysticKJ said:
both were jokes on the feet...too bad for Meisha Ronda was the better grappler...you could see the difference in that hip strength ever time they clinched or during any sort of scramble...

but to be honest, striking in MMA as a whole is still kinda ugly...we have all these BJJ champs, wrestling all-stars, ex-football players that are just learning how to strike...
I think you mean boxing in MMA because striking includes all the other martial arts and I don't think kick boxing muay thay is ugly in MMA
 6 years ago '05        #303
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4766 4766
 44Caliber said:
I think muay thai/kickboxing is pretty good in mma. The formula to beating Rhonda would be great footwork. Just hit and move
 RJ96 said:
I think you mean boxing in MMA because striking includes all the other martial arts and I don't think kick boxing muay thay is ugly in MMA
striking as a whole in mma is nothing special...if you choose to separate MT from the rest of striking, then it's ok...there are excellent strikers and the rest MUST get the takedown or they get KO'd...that's not good overall mma MT, that's a select few that dominate the rest...

boxing is horrendous...but as a whole striking is ugly...some styles look better than others tho...a lot of guys in mma don't come from striking backgrounds and it shows...

footwork is part of striking, a lot of guys have poor footwork, low or no ability to use or nullify reach advantages...i'm not speaking about the exceptions (Silva, Aldo, etc...) just overall...
 6 years ago '05        #304
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 13769 13769
 MysticKJ said:
striking as a whole in mma is nothing special...if you choose to separate MT from the rest of striking, then it's ok...there are excellent strikers and the rest MUST get the takedown or they get KO'd...that's not good overall mma MT, that's a select few that dominate the rest...

boxing is horrendous...but as a whole striking is ugly...some styles look better than others tho...a lot of guys in mma don't come from striking backgrounds and it shows...

footwork is part of striking, a lot of guys have poor footwork, low or no ability to use or nullify reach advantages...i'm not speaking about the exceptions (Silva, Aldo, etc...) just overall...
My man knows what he's talking about. I don't get why they don't work more on their head movement or footwork. I believe Silva and Machida have the best boxing footwork in MMA.
 6 years ago '05        #305
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
$14,584 | Props total: 1341 1341
 Y.G. said:
My man knows what he's talking about. I don't get why they don't work more on their head movement or footwork. I believe Silva and Machida have the best boxing footwork in MMA.
I agree on the head movement part, but the footwork in MMA will NEVER be as pure as it is in Boxing/Muay Thai/Kickboxing because f!ghters have to account for the takedown.

You step into the cage with straight boxing footwork and you're getting singled/doubled all day.
 6 years ago '05        #306
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:
I agree on the head movement part, but the footwork in MMA will NEVER be as pure as it is in Boxing/Muay Thai/Kickboxing because f!ghters have to account for the takedown.

You step into the cage with straight boxing footwork and you're getting singled/doubled all day.
I still feel they should work on better footwork. Attacking from angles, finding the range, sticking and moving, etc. A lot of these guys throw punches flatfooted with no power from the hips.

You can have good footwork and account for take downs too.

Last edited by Y.G.; 03-05-2012 at 05:43 PM..
 03-05-2012, 05:33 PM         #307
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:

You're absolutely correct.
 6 years ago '05        #308
reasonable 13 heat pts13
space
space
$14,584 | Props total: 1341 1341
 Y.G. said:
I still feel they should work on better footwork. Attacking from angles, finding the range, sticking and moving, etc. I lot of these guys throw punches flatfooted and with no power from the hips.

You can have good footwork and account for take downs too.
I think we're talking about 2 different things. I was talking about footwork related to striking in MMA.

I think you're just talking about good footwork in general (which I agree with).
 6 years ago '05        #309
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 +Ca[N]o[N]iKaL+ said:
I think we're talking about 2 different things. I was talking about footwork related to striking in MMA.

I think you're just talking about good footwork in general (which I agree with).
Yea, in a way. What I listed are the basic principals of boxing. I don't think they're instilled in MMA.
 03-05-2012, 06:51 PM         #310
Black Samurai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Hope she comes back soon
 6 years ago '05        #311
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Black Samurai said:

Hope she comes back soon
Dumb f*ckin ref.

She's dumb too for trying to initiate clinches instead of keeping the f!ght standing.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
62 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy