Kobe Bryant "I Have No Rivals"

most viewed right now
 129
NBA Nas got the last laugh
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 100
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 89
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 78
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #221
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
 Nate187um said:
add the CLUTCH SHOTS & Shaq on the bench at the end of games and you got it right fam
oh OK, so even if somebody plays definitively better than u in 5 out of 6 series, as long as u make some clutch shots u deserve all the credit. horry = GOAT .
 6 years ago '06        #222
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$7,572 | Props total: 4481 4481
 LAwLB15 said:




and even got a finals mvp from 6-27 shooting when even laker fans kno it shouldve went to gasol
I understand hating, but I NEVER could understand why anybody would ever say the SERIES MVP should go to Gasol...the game 7 MVP, maybe but really?


Kobe
29.6 ppg, 6 rpg, 5.5 asg .458%

Gasol
19.6 ppg, 11 rpg, 3.5 asg .539%

 03-04-2012, 01:02 PM         #223
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ohh and since we talkin bout defense


can somebody please explain HTF did kobe get All-Defensive 1st team over Wade??


the overratedness of this guy continues...
 6 years ago '04        #224
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 LAwLB15 said:


dude is the most overrated player in sports history


terrible defender

got his first 3 rings playing piggy back to shaq

and even got a finals mvp from 6-27 shooting when even laker fans kno it shouldve went to gasol

and after all that n*ggas still callin him GOAT and comparing him to somebody whos #3 in all time scoring,has 6 rings w/ 6 finals mvps, 5 season mvps,a defensive title,lead the league in steals 3x,has 10 scoring titles and did all that playing fewer seasons than kobe
You are one of the dumbest human beings in the history of humanity.

First of all, don't act like up to last season you didn't have both the Knicks and the Heat in your sig, d!ckriding two RIVALS in the same conference.

Second, to say dude is a terrible defender is really just indicative of how stupid you are. 9x first team all defense - how many players in NBA history have that? CONSTANTLY voted by coaches, GM's and his peers as one of the best wing defenders. Guess what, Wade wasn't voted - stop getting your pus*y wet over it and move on.

It wasn't 6/27 and there's no way Gasol should have gotten finals MVP that year strictly based off the fact that he laid an egg in 3 or 4 of the games the Lakers played in that series, especially game 5 - which swung the series in favor of the Celtics. He didn't outplay Kobe in ANY of the games - even game 7.

Gasol had no argument whatsoever for finals MVP, so you clowns can shut up already.

You're comparing his resume against (arguably) the greatest of all time. MJ took more shots, so the argument for #3 scoring and scoring championships is moot. MJ was always the best on his team, great.. MVP's are a media voted award.. Steve Nash has more MVP's than Kobe - that's in itself shows how much the award is worth.

Number of seasons is irrelevant. Kobe came into the league at 17 and played almost no minutes for his first two seasons. He also went through TWO lockout-shortened seasons.




And PG-13, if you want to see what real "ether" is, keep cosigning and d!ckriding.
 6 years ago '06        #225
modalee 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,782 | Props total: 2276 2276
 A.G said:
You are one of the dumbest human beings in the history of humanity.

First of all, don't act like up to last season you didn't have both the Knicks and the Heat in your sig, d!ckriding two RIVALS in the same conference.

Second, to say dude is a terrible defender is really just indicative of how stupid you are. 9x first team all defense - how many players in NBA history have that? CONSTANTLY voted by coaches, GM's and his peers as one of the best wing defenders. Guess what, Wade wasn't voted - stop getting your pus*y wet over it and move on.

It wasn't 6/27 and there's no way Gasol should have gotten finals MVP that year strictly based off the fact that he laid an egg in 3 or 4 of the games the Lakers played in that series, especially game 5 - which swung the series in favor of the Celtics. He didn't outplay Kobe in ANY of the games - even game 7.

Gasol had no argument whatsoever for finals MVP, so you clowns can shut up already.

You're comparing his resume against (arguably) the greatest of all time. MJ took more shots, so the argument for #3 scoring and scoring championships is moot. MJ was always the best on his team, great.. MVP's are a media voted award.. Steve Nash has more MVP's than Kobe - that's in itself shows how much the award is worth.

Number of seasons is irrelevant. Kobe came into the league at 17 and played almost no minutes for his first two seasons. He also went through TWO lockout-shortened seasons.




And PG-13, if you want to see what real "ether" is, keep cosigning and d!ckriding.
:applause::applause::applause:
 03-04-2012, 01:05 PM         #226
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A.G said:
You are one of the dumbest human beings in the history of humanity.

First of all, don't act like up to last season you didn't have both the Knicks and the Heat in your sig, d!ckriding two RIVALS in the same conference.

Second, to say dude is a terrible defender is really just indicative of how stupid you are. 9x first team all defense - how many players in NBA history have that? CONSTANTLY voted by coaches, GM's and his peers as one of the best wing defenders. Guess what, Wade wasn't voted - stop getting your pus*y wet over it and move on.

It wasn't 6/27 and there's no way Gasol should have gotten finals MVP that year strictly based off the fact that he laid an egg in 3 or 4 of the games the Lakers played in that series, especially game 5 - which swung the series in favor of the Celtics. He didn't outplay Kobe in ANY of the games - even game 7.

Gasol had no argument whatsoever for finals MVP, so you clowns can shut up already.

You're comparing his resume against (arguably) the greatest of all time. MJ took more shots, so the argument for #3 scoring and scoring championships is moot. MJ was always the best on his team, great.. MVP's are a media voted award.. Steve Nash has more MVP's than Kobe - that's in itself shows how much the award is worth.

Number of seasons is irrelevant. Kobe came into the league at 17 and played almost no minutes for his first two seasons. He also went through TWO lockout-shortened seasons.




And PG-13, if you want to see what real "ether" is, keep cosigning and d!ckriding.
WTF?????

ME HAVING THE KNICKS IN MY SIG???

n*gga WHO THE fu*k U CONFUSING ME WITH??????


Ive hated the fu*kin knicks my whole life dont ever try to confuse me as no fu*kin knicks fan u fu*kin f*ggot
 6 years ago '04        #227
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
avatar space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Are you serious? Pau made one All Star team and was swept out of the playoffs three years in a row. sh*t, in that case n*ggas should stop saying KG didnt have any good players in Minnesota because he had Marbury and Wally World, both guys made the all star game you know. I could go all day with teams that had a star who had an all star or two and didnt win sh*t. The Heat had three of the League's top 15 players last season and didnt win a title so your point there is invalid.


As for not hitting big shots, ask the Pacers about that when they thought they had a win after Shaq fouled out and that young 2nd fiddle guy torched their a.ss late in the 4th and overtime.
you obviously have no basketball iq. do i need to into the years la missed the playoffs or got knocked out the first round when shaq got traded. and you're really gonna compare a kg and marbury who were only in the league for a few seasons together to veteran all stars . how old are you like 12? you dont even understand what i was pointing out and you exposed yourself as a dumbass
 6 years ago '07        #228
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 LAwLB15 said:
ohh and since we talkin bout defense


can somebody please explain HTF did kobe get All-Defensive 1st team over Wade??


the overratedness of this guy continues...
because Kobe is a much better on ball defender and post defender than wade. Wade is better at the lanes and weak side blocks. Its tight but I would take Kobe who is more aware than Wade on that end of the floor. I cant count how many games I have seen Wade gamble to his detrmiment or just not know where his man is at the ends of games.
 6 years ago '06        #229
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$7,572 | Props total: 4481 4481
 28 Gramz said:
I understand hating, but I NEVER could understand why anybody would ever say the SERIES MVP should go to Gasol...the game 7 MVP, maybe but really?


Kobe
29.6 ppg, 6 rpg, 5.5 asg .458%

Gasol
19.6 ppg, 11 rpg, 3.5 asg .539%

.....
 6 years ago '04        #230
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 .:RELOADED:. said:
you salty

kobe aint he same defender now as he was u fool

hes gonna be 34 this year gettin old

do have any idea how good he was in the decade of his 20s??


how do u guys compare wade to kobe

thats like comparing clyde drexler or dominique wilkins to mike






kobes only competition now is mike......he aint better but thats the only guy hes chasin.....lebron is trying to just get into that group and when he has multiple rings he can be added beside them...but he aint a sg so magic might be a better rival for lebron cause there both point forward types
These are probably the same people who think that because MJ was on all-defense in his 30s that he was still the best defender at his position... Yet when it's Kobe, it's because he's overrated and only getting by on reputation.
 6 years ago '08        #231
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
 A.G said:
These are probably the same people who think that because MJ was on all-defense in his 30s that he was still the best defender at his position... Yet when it's Kobe, it's because he's overrated and only getting by on reputation.
They don't hear you tho. MJ gives him props. His colleagues give him props. Yet cats want to down play his game. He lost mad cool points with that snitching sh*t, but you can't know dudes game.
 6 years ago '09        #232
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12351 12351
 fat_boyy21 said:
you obviously have no basketball iq. do i need to into the years la missed the playoffs or got knocked out the first round when shaq got traded. and you're really gonna compare a kg and marbury who were only in the league for a few seasons together to veteran all stars . how old are you like 12? you dont even understand what i was pointing out and you exposed yourself as a dumbass
Why oh why do I even try with you idiots? I'll go slow this time and maybe you will comprehend. In your post you attempted to bash Kobe Bryant by saying he played with a guy(Pau Gasol) who had been an all star before playing with Kobe as if he was some sort of beast and dominant player at that point. (Let me know if I've lost you yet) I responded by bringing up other players(KG or Wade/Bosh/Lebron) who were considered stars that played with guys who had made an all star game and didnt win a title. Not once did I compare their actual talent levels, your dumb a.ss just did. My comparison was simply to compare the situation you brought up which was guys who made all star games before Kobe so thats why he won a chip. I'll do it again and let's see if you get it this time.

Steve Nash-all star before he got to Phoenix yet Amare and Marion didnt get a title
Sprewell-all star before joining KG but no title was won
Boozer-all star before Lebron, Deron and now D Rose yet no titles were won with any of them
T-Mac-all star before Yao and no titles
Wade/Bosh/Bron all all stars before hooking up, no title to show for it

Like I said before, I can go on all day with scenarios of guys being an all star before hooking up with a star and the result not being a title or the success Pau has enjoyed since being with the best player in the game since Jordan retired. Now, if you wanted to convey a different point then you should have specified that in your original post instead of taking offense when someone showed you that the sh*t you said wasn't worth a fu*k.
 6 years ago '09        #233
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12351 12351
 .:RELOADED:. said:
maaaaaan duncan destroyed us in the `03 playoffs

shaq was so gassed and couldnt keep up (shaq and his terrible conditioning) duncan made shaq look like a fool every game....thats the time i remember tony parker becoming a star i was pissed that the french bastard was k!lling fisher....u guys had a good team if u didnt beat us that year we wouldve won another ring

grew up hating the spurs cause u guys were our real rivals back then year after year

i remember coach sloans theory "your not gonna stop kobe and shaq....just stop everyone else" that sh*t worked


i just looked at the team u guys had....a nice lineup of vets and youngsters

duncan
d robinson
parker
stephen jackson
bruce bowen (great defender) but he still couldnt stop kobe
ginobili

great shooters steve kerr and steve smith
Yeah that was mostly because Shaq came back that year out of shape and disgruntled. Had he been focused and not out to drive a wedge between him and Kobe because of his ego you would have beaten us. Parker was still young for us and usually was on the bench most 4th quarters in favor of Speedy Claxton, Steve Smith or Manu at point. The next year Parker was dominating you guys then got shook when Malone hard fouled his a.ss in game three and the n*gga disappeared the rest of that series causing us to lose the next four games
 6 years ago '11        #234
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
avatar space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
 28 Gramz said:
I understand hating, but I NEVER could understand why anybody would ever say the SERIES MVP should go to Gasol...the game 7 MVP, maybe but really?


Kobe
29.6 ppg, 6 rpg, 5.5 asg .458%

Gasol
19.6 ppg, 11 rpg, 3.5 asg .539%

Those stats are completely off. If i was guessing, you took the playoff #s instead of the finals #s

"Statistically, Gasol's input in his Lakers' title defense was significantly more important than that of Bryant. Obviously Kobe's 29 points per look better than Gasol's 19, but it was simply the result of shooting an insane amount of shots at a low percentage. Although the Lakers shot a pitiful 41% over their seven games with Boston, Bryant actually made things worse by shooting 40% (66-163).

Not only that, but in a series full of close fourth-quarter battles, Bryant shot an abysmal 31% (11-36) in the games' final periods. Gasol connected on a team-high 48% from the field, hitting 43 of 90 attempts. His efficiency from the field was instrumental in stressing a tight Boston defense.

From a distribution/running-the-O standpoint, Gasol far trumped Kobe in the Finals. The big Spaniard lead the entire Laker squad with a phenomenal 26-13 (2.0) a.ssist-turnover rate. He did a great job passing out of double teams, passing out of the low-post, high-post, perimeter, etc. The only player to accrue more a.ssists on LA was the primary ball handler, Bryant, who handed out one more, 27. Unfortunately for the team, he also turned the ball over 27 times for a terrible 1.0 ratio. It could have been much worse if his teammates didn't hustle to retain possession on numerous Bryant passes that were tipped away by the Celtics into random spaces each game. Offensively, there is no question that Gasol was far more important to the overall success and effectiveness of the Lakers' attack."

Gasol also avg 5 Off. rebounds per game during that series.
 6 years ago '04        #235
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
avatar space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Why oh why do I even try with you idiots? I'll go slow this time and maybe you will comprehend. In your post you attempted to bash Kobe Bryant by saying he played with a guy(Pau Gasol) who had been an all star before playing with Kobe as if he was some sort of beast and dominant player at that point. (Let me know if I've lost you yet) I responded by bringing up other players(KG or Wade/Bosh/Lebron) who were considered stars that played with guys who had made an all star game and didnt win a title. Not once did I compare their actual talent levels, your dumb a.ss just did. My comparison was simply to compare the situation you brought up which was guys who made all star games before Kobe so thats why he won a chip. I'll do it again and let's see if you get it this time.

Steve Nash-all star before he got to Phoenix yet Amare and Marion didnt get a title
Sprewell-all star before joining KG but no title was won
Boozer-all star before Lebron, Deron and now D Rose yet no titles were won with any of them
T-Mac-all star before Yao and no titles
Wade/Bosh/Bron all all stars before hooking up, no title to show for it

Like I said before, I can go on all day with scenarios of guys being an all star before hooking up with a star and the result not being a title or the success Pau has enjoyed since being with the best player in the game since Jordan retired. Now, if you wanted to convey a different point then you should have specified that in your original post instead of taking offense when someone showed you that the sh*t you said wasn't worth a fu*k.
first of all, I'm not bashing anybody. Im putting into perspective where kobe ranks. he's not even the greatest laker ever, let alone the goat like some people here think he is. in any case I brought up those players before to point out that they were already good players before or after they played in LA as compared to parker and ginobli becoming all stars playing with duncan. (I made this comparison in multiple posts)

most of your points are invalid. remember kobe already had rings before he teamed up with gasol. the only point that counts here is wade/bosh/bron, and they made it to the finals
 6 years ago '04        #236
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 211 211
Tmac was the truth before the injuries
 03-04-2012, 02:09 PM         #237
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fat_boyy21 said:
first of all, I'm not bashing anybody. Im putting into perspective where kobe ranks. he's not even the greatest laker ever, let alone the goat like some people here think he is.
this, and this is exactly y people say hes overrated

but laker fans/kobe stans aint tryin to hear that shyt so wats the point of arguing


Last edited by LaRy BLanco; 03-04-2012 at 02:12 PM..
 03-04-2012, 02:13 PM         #238
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
You aren't this dumb. I know you aren't so stop it man. Kobe had Shaq brought in? The n*gga that had just been drafted two weeks prior to Shaq signing and not expected to start or play much because of All Stars Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones had Shaq brought in? The owner of the Lakers and GM Jerry West said yeah lets do what this kid from Philadelphia wants because he needs to be better than Michael?



Really?
I just explained myself in the post above yours...

When shaq was brought in was he not a top 5 player?
 6 years ago '04        #239
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
avatar space
space
$18,930 | Props total: 4484 4484
30.1 5.3 6.2 2.3 .327
ppg apg rpg spg 3pt %
6 rings 5 mvps 6 finals mvps Etc...

guess who ?

this is kobe measuring stick and he aint even close to it after all these years
he just admitted this his rivalry and what he is tryna surpass for his career now let him try it in peace ! until he matches this for his career which aint possible its some one of ahead of him to be the best u surpass them !
 6 years ago '04        #240
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,558 | Props total: 2826 2826
if only kobe got to play jeff hornacek twice in the finals. . .

seriously though, did jordan ever play against a team in the finals that had a good defensive 2 guard? or a good defensive unit period?

seattle maybe. . .

i dont know, but doing work against danny ainge, hornacek, byron scott and drexler just dont do it for me
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 40
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 38
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 29
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 17
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy