Kobe Bryant "I Have No Rivals"

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #181
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 fat_boyy21 said:
ducan made those guys good... who has kobe made better around him. Pau was an allstar before he went to la, odom was already good. caron became an all star after. when i say kobe rode coattails, i just mean he wasnt the number one guy. he definitely was the number 2 guy tho. and it wasnt kobe hitting the game winners, it was fisher and big shot rob.
before Kobe Pau was swept 3 times in the playoffs after playing with Kobe he had career years for offensive rebounds and percentages. Before Kobe Odom was an underachiever after Kobe he became an honorary good player in the league now after Kobe dude was almost sent to the Dleague, c'mon son.
 6 years ago '04        #182
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,569 | Props total: 2714 2714
 Cambury said:
before Kobe Pau was swept 3 times in the playoffs after playing with Kobe he had career years for offensive rebounds and percentages. Before Kobe Odom was an underachiever after Kobe he became an honorary good player in the league now after Kobe dude was almost sent to the Dleague, c'mon son.
i'll repeat myself, pau was an all star before kobe.

odom was a good player already, hence why La traded for him. miami went to win short term with shaq and the end result is that both teams won. but what the hell is an honorary good player
 6 years ago '10        #183
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,238 | Props total: 1285 1285
Kobe got carried by big men.

Jordan only had Luc Longley.

Get some
 03-04-2012, 02:33 AM         #184
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kobe also had the worst shooting performance for a "finals MVP" in nba history. barely cracked 40% in 2010
 6 years ago '09        #185
jerryballa 
space
space
$1,585 | Props total: 0 0
fu*k the haters..

the only thing kobes playing for now is rings and records for his legacy, trying to become the greatest Laker of all time and trying to prove that although he'll never surpass MJ he is the closest thing to him we'll ever see
 03-04-2012, 03:24 AM         #186
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Youngin19 said:
He's overrated because people like you call him a legend and compare him to Jordan. Yall n*ggas really think dude is one of the greatest to play this game. I don't see it.

Rob Horry got 7 dawg...Kobe been carried in the playoffs so many times. derek fisher with that crazy shot against the Spurs, Robert Horry getting the rock off a missed Kobe game winner against Sacrament. Gasol tipping a shot in against the Thunder. Artest burying the Celtics or catching a Kobe airball and putting it back in a game the Lakers had to have against Phoenix. Shaq getting all those finals MVPs...Derek Fisher burying the Magic. Whenever he had to carry his team he failed, repeatedly. Even when he was up 3-1 in a series...this n*gga just flat out lucky bruh

Rings are not the end all be all, but you Kobe d!ck riders love talking about it...we all seen how at every clutch moment you turn to, one of Kobe's teammate is cleaning up his mistakes. Who else has had that luxury besides his bi*ch a.ss?
so by that logic Shaq ain't sh*t either because Fish and Horry was doing that sh*t you said while it was Shaq's team. And Shaq missed a shot against Sac and Kobe rebounded it and missed, so Shaq's in the same boat. Damn that Kobe got the a.ssist to Artest to burrying the Celtics huh? Lets just look over the times when he scored 40 points and had huge double double games to beat the Spurs and Kings. Let's just act like Kobe didn't hit what would have been the game winning shot in that game Fisher hit the big shot right before Duncan hit an unbelievable shot. Let's just say a guy isn't a legend who's all over the record books with bigger games, seasons, and long term career stats than all but a hand full of other players. You might think he's not close to Jordan, but he's a legend. And you're exaggerating the carrying thing.

MJ had players hit game winning shots, get game winning rebounds, etc. on the Bulls championship runs too. It's a team thing, the star will need help along the way. But you can't discredit a winner. Magic had Kareem for every one of his titles, that doesn't make magic not a legend.
 03-04-2012, 03:35 AM         #187
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SeaJaiye said:
kobe also had the worst shooting performance for a "finals MVP" in nba history. barely cracked 40% in 2010
Yea the reason why most people don't care about stats like that is. Kobe was over 45%(his average) before the last game. The last game was just an ugly beat em up game. Almost every player in the game played inefficiently, those types of games happen. So it ruined his field goal %. 1 out of 7 games doesn't mean the guy ain't sh*t, and doesn't show that it was just an ugly a.ss game that everybody played like sh*t in, in terms of efficiency he still had nice numbers and a 10 point 4th qtr.

Getting the W has always been the most important thing. Just like Dirk was playing like sh*t all finals long but found a way to pull out the win in the later minutes of the game. Only a fool would hold stats against a player gutting out a win.

Kobe grabbed down big man type boards in that game, a bunch in the later minutes when they needed every possession, in a series that all 7 games were won by the team who won the rebound war.

But hey me and the 75% of the people who actually value the game and not just numbers are stans, what do we know right?
 03-04-2012, 03:37 AM         #188
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fat_boyy21 said:
ducan made those guys good... who has kobe made better around him. Pau was an allstar before he went to la, odom was already good. caron became an all star after. when i say kobe rode coattails, i just mean he wasnt the number one guy. he definitely was the number 2 guy tho. and it wasnt kobe hitting the game winners, it was fisher and big shot rob.
So great players make bad players good. Why didn't Jordan just make Luc Longley a good player.

Duncan didn't get all the finals mvps either you know?
 6 years ago '06        #189
AF1PIMPN 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,313 | Props total: 66 66
:agreement6:
 6 years ago '06        #190
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2284 2284
Kobe's out lived and surpassed all of his opponents and now the only rivals he has are the two legends Magic and Jordan which he will surpass as well by the end of his career.
 6 years ago '04        #191
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,906 | Props total: 1149 1149
 adulel08 said:
Kobe had Shaq! are u kidding me!
00' 38 pts 16.7 rbs 2.67 blk to lead the Lakers to a 4-2 victory over the Indiana
01' 33 pts 15.6 rbs 3.4 blk to lead the Lakers to a 4-1victory over the Philadelphia
02' 36.3 pts 12.3 rbs 2.75 blk to lead the Lakers to a sweep of the New Jersey Nets
man...

...those shaq stats are pretty insane

jordan had pippen and rodman... duncan has ginobili and parker... russell had havilcek and some other white n*ggaz... magic had kareem...

...why does nobody realize every all-time great player who has won multiple championships had at least one or two sidekicks? how does being on a good team take away from your legacy?
 6 years ago '11        #192
Unomcfly 
space
space
$423 | Props total: 7 7
Kobe while never having an actual on court rival has spent his entire career being defined by his place vis a vis to jordan and then to how important he was to the 1st 3 championships then to a new school of players like the Lebron's d.Wades durant's etc...as a Kobe fan i always found it unfair that folks couldnt just watch him play ball and say wow this dude avg 26 5 and 5 basically for a career spanning 16 years while going thru one of the most poisonous public teammate squabble...a r*pe trial a divorce tons of injury and while yes he has rabbid support by a a good amount...i'd say double that just cant stand the dude for all sorts of odd reasons that dont seem to be applied to other players....He's been great he's played in a diff era than the guy he's most compared to and cant possibly match up because part of Mj's greatness was his cultural impact and none of us can honestly say we can seperate Mj the player from mj the brand completely....but to folks who say Kobe rode coattails...i'll remind you that MJ was 1-9 before scottie pippen who was the guy guarding the best wing player once he was established and he won with 2 H.O.Fer's Nobody ever got it done alone and no one will... Just Let the man be great.
 6 years ago '04        #193
ohhohh 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,573 | Props total: 1104 1104
 Unomcfly said:
Kobe while never having an actual on court rival has spent his entire career being defined by his place vis a vis to jordan and then to how important he was to the 1st 3 championships then to a new school of players like the Lebron's d.Wades durant's etc...as a Kobe fan i always found it unfair that folks couldnt just watch him play ball and say wow this dude avg 26 5 and 5 basically for a career spanning 16 years while going thru one of the most poisonous public teammate squabble...a r*pe trial a divorce tons of injury and while yes he has rabbid support by a a good amount...i'd say double that just cant stand the dude for all sorts of odd reasons that dont seem to be applied to other players....He's been great he's played in a diff era than the guy he's most compared to and cant possibly match up because part of Mj's greatness was his cultural impact and none of us can honestly say we can seperate Mj the player from mj the brand completely....but to folks who say Kobe rode coattails...i'll remind you that MJ was 1-9 before scottie pippen who was the guy guarding the best wing player once he was established and he won with 2 H.O.Fer's Nobody ever got it done alone and no one will... Just Let the man be great.
This!!!
 6 years ago '11        #194
Unomcfly 
space
space
$423 | Props total: 7 7
 ohhohh said:
This!!!
Thanks bruh...like lets just watch basketball and keep it moving.
 6 years ago '04        #195
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,310 | Props total: 11226 11226
 Deion said:
Lucked his way into 5 rings?
 6 years ago '04        #196
dj spydr 
space
space
$380 | Props total: 128 128
 rek0nize said:
Kobe got carried by big men.

Jordan only had Luc Longley.

Get some

and MJ never won sh*t without Pippen. lets move on...
 03-04-2012, 08:33 AM         #197
Smuggy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'd say Vanessa Bryant is a worthy rival.
 03-04-2012, 08:46 AM         #198
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Didn't chicago draft pippen though?? Kobe had shaq brought in to him as well as gasol...
 6 years ago '04        #199
ohhohh 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,573 | Props total: 1104 1104
 1992 said:
Didn't chicago draft pippen though?? Kobe had shaq brought in to him as well as gasol...
Why would the lakers sign shaq to help kobe when at point shaq was better. Jerry west knew shaq needed an electric guard to compliment him c'mon now. And Gasol was one piece who else was even close to an all star on that team and Kobe damn sure got Gasol out the first round too homie
 03-04-2012, 09:11 AM         #200
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ohhohh said:
Why would the lakers sign shaq to help kobe when at point shaq was better. Jerry west knew shaq needed an electric guard to compliment him c'mon now. And Gasol was one piece who else was even close to an all star on that team and Kobe damn sure got Gasol out the first round too homie
My point is who knew pippen would come out as the player he was? And I think people need to look at it the other way, would pippen be in the hof with jordan?

And you just said it best, At that point in time shaq was a better nba player. Why does kobe get the nod for the championships. I think it was the other way around, Kobe was shaq's robin.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kris Dunn Step Back Dagger
29 comments
18 hours ago