The Official Mass Effect 3 Thread

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Indian Chick desixchick
13 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #241
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,637 | Props total: 13716 13716
 Syringe said:
i think this is the original HDD i played me2 on. idk.
Don't listen to dude. He doesn't even own the game.

You can transfer the saves however you want. I don't know where that idiot got that it had to be the original hard drive.

Last edited by Y.G.; 03-12-2012 at 01:38 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #242
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
He said his character, not just the face. And i got it from Bioware.

We are currently aware of an issue that may prevent Xbox 360 users from importing their completed Mass Effect 2 save game files into Mass Effect 3.

While Mass Effect 3 supports cloud saving for new or successfully imported Mass Effect 2 saves, it does not support the importation of endgame saves directly from the cloud. Additionally, this can cause it to not recognize save files that have been transferred via cloud to a console other than the one where they originated. Therefore, the following scenarios will result in no import functionality:
Moving your save file from the hard drive disc to the cloud.
Moving your save file to another Xbox 360 system via the cloud (instead of a memory card, transfer cable or Xbox 360 formatted USB stick).

Solution to scenario 1:
Move your save file from the cloud back onto the hard drive from which it originated, i.e. the Xbox 360 you originally created the save file on.

UPDATE: Solution to scenario 2:
Launch Mass Effect 2
During the boot flow a dialog box with progress bar will appear as the cloud saves are downloaded to the console's local cache
Allow the import process to complete
Launch Mass Effect 3 and select New Game and Import Character.

Last edited by Jesszman; 03-12-2012 at 01:55 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #243
Syringe|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$16,858 | Props total: 2375 2375
well i never moved anything to the cloud...
 6 years ago '05        #244
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jesszman said:
He said his character, not just the face. And i got it from Bioware.

We are currently aware of an issue that may prevent Xbox 360 users from importing their completed Mass Effect 2 save game files into Mass Effect 3.

While Mass Effect 3 supports cloud saving for new or successfully imported Mass Effect 2 saves, it does not support the importation of endgame saves directly from the cloud. Additionally, this can cause it to not recognize save files that have been transferred via cloud to a console other than the one where they originated. Therefore, the following scenarios will result in no import functionality:
Moving your save file from the hard drive disc to the cloud.
Moving your save file to another Xbox 360 system via the cloud (instead of a memory card, transfer cable or Xbox 360 formatted USB stick).

Solution to scenario 1:
Move your save file from the cloud back onto the hard drive from which it originated, i.e. the Xbox 360 you originally created the save file on.

UPDATE: Solution to scenario 2:
Launch Mass Effect 2
During the boot flow a dialog box with progress bar will appear as the cloud saves are downloaded to the console's local cache
Allow the import process to complete
Launch Mass Effect 3 and select New Game and Import Character.
Did I say I imported the save directly from the cloud, dumbass lil dude?

Y.G. said:
I transferred my saves from my Elite, to the cloud, then to my Slim. It recognized the save files fine. F*ckin idiot.
Nowhere in that article does it say you need the original hard drive so that you can import your save. You're steady rackin up L's.

Last edited by Y.G.; 03-12-2012 at 02:09 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #245
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Y.G. said:
Did I say I imported the save directly from the cloud, dumbass lil dude?

Nowhere in that article does it say you need the original hard drive so that you can import your save. You're steady rackin up L's.

Please, take that L and be on your way.
 6 years ago '05        #246
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Jesszman said:

Please, take that L and be on your way.
Too bad I moved the save files to my Slim (from the cloud, which got the files from my Elite), which wasn't even out when Mass Effect 2 dropped, and have been playin Mass Effect 3 on it everyday. Yet another Jizzonmen Epic Failure Production.
 6 years ago '05        #247
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,081 | Props total: 10757 10757
All I know is... I moved my save file from my banned 360 to my slim (after changing file ownership)

Couldn't find my face.. but it kept everything else (all my decisions from ME1 > ME2 and the stuff I did within the DLC they offered)
 6 years ago '04        #248
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
EMS at 4.2k and only 87% readiness. Not doing bad so far. This fu*king multiplayer sh*t is getting dragged out quick though. Want the best ending though.
What impact does MP have on the story ending?
 6 years ago '05        #249
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 <<InphDigi>> said:
Increases your Galactic Readiness score.
 6 years ago '04        #250
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
 <<InphDigi>> said:
No impact on the ending...you don't even have to do MP to get the endings...
 6 years ago '04        #251
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
I won't complete this game til may.
 6 years ago '04        #252
space
space
 <<InphDigi>> said:
I won't complete this game til may.
you got a crazy backlog?
 6 years ago '08        #253
el bundy 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 119 119
 Y.G. said:
Increases your Galactic Readiness score.
i was wondering for a while how to increase that sh*t, i couldn't believe it was still at 50% after how much i played. what impact does the readiness score have though?
 6 years ago '04        #254
space
space
 el bundy said:
i was wondering for a while how to increase that sh*t, i couldn't believe it was still at 50% after how much i played. what impact does the readiness score have though?
According to Bioware ZERO...
 6 years ago '08        #255
space
space
damn, i was stressing that sh*t for nothing then. my military strength is over 3000 and i just finished the part
[spoiler - click to view]

how much of the game do i still have to go?
 6 years ago '04        #256
space
space
^^^Your a little over halfway, i'm the same place you are

and just to show you about what I was talking about...

this i straight from Bioware themselves... there's no spoilers below so you cna read it

"You do NOT have to play multiplayer to get the best single-player endings," the official statement on the BioWare forums notes.

"Effective Military Strength" is the statistic that determines a player's success during Mass Effect 3's end-game. Collecting "War a.ssets" during the single-player campaign boosts this rating. Furthermore, there are more a.ssets that can be collected than are necessary, but a certain threshold must be reached to get the "best" ending.

"Galactic Readiness," on the other hand, isn't even impacted by the single-player campaign at all, but increasing the stat by playing multiplayer (or Infiltrator) will reduce the number of War a.ssets one needs to collect in the single-player campaign to be successful.

"If you play a lot of multiplayer, you will need less War a.ssets from single-player to fill up your [Effective Military Strength] bar (i.e. it will balance out the requirements to account for you playing in both modes)," senior marketing manager Jarrett Lee states.
 6 years ago '04        #257
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
you got a crazy backlog?
I actually don't have a backlog at all. Aside from wife/kids/work... The quarter ends this week, and next quarter begins April second. Plus, softball season is here, and I anticipate on playing in at least 2 different leagues. Plus I'm planning for a 10 year anniversary party and trip over seas.

And playing on weekends this month is about out of the question since its NCAA tourney time.
 6 years ago '05        #258
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
 Da Ill One said:
^^^Your a little over halfway, i'm the same place you are

and just to show you about what I was talking about...

this i straight from Bioware themselves... there's no spoilers below so you cna read it
Yea but they also left out a big part. Most of their players won't see the best ending. In order to get the best ending(anywhere from 4k-5k EMS) the player must have also got a 100% perfect playthrough on Mass Effect 1 and 2. The highest it seems people have gotten EMS without stepping into MP is around 3.8k
 6 years ago '04        #259
space
space
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
Yea but they also left out a big part. Most of their players won't see the best ending. In order to get the best ending(anywhere from 4k-5k EMS) the player must have also got a 100% perfect playthrough on Mass Effect 1 and 2. The highest it seems people have gotten EMS without stepping into MP is around 3.8k
No that's not part of the ending criteria... the 360 and PS 3 versions are 100% identical, endings included... and since ME 1 isn't on the PS 3, 100% that can't be a criteria for the "best" ending... ME 2 progress doesn't have anything to do with it either, because ALOT of people haven't played ME 2 and or imported characters and they still get the "best" ending... and Bioware said it's possible to only play ME 3 and no other game in the series and still get EVERY possible ending...

Last edited by Da Ill One; 03-12-2012 at 11:10 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #260
space
space
 PhI|0z0pH3r said:
what exactly is classified as "perfect" though? the only person dead from my first/main shepard is kaiden. my shepard is renegade, does that factor into it? i was gonna delve into the mp before i finished anyway just to test it out since i wasn't that impressed with it in the demo, but now i might play more than i intended to.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago