New Metric Adjusts for Shot Selection (LeBron/Kobe Comparison)

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
220 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
195 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #81
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193 OP
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
 Cambury said:
the fact that you ignore my last two posts shows me you have no rebuttal. I understand what the OP was about but I would like to hear you say Lebron is a better shooter.
he's not a better jump shooter. that was never the subject of the thread. the subject of the thread is "how can we equalize their FG% and measure whose performance is really more impressive?" and the answer is lebron by a landslide, even when u adjust for his "easy" shots and kobe's "tough" shots.
 6 years ago '06        #82
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,973 | Props total: 10632 10632
 Cambury said:
even lebron would say he isn't a better scorer than Kobe...

And web if he did u wuld be a lil girl in denial
Ur a fu*king idiot and you get dumber by the post..

LeBron scores more points at a higher field goal percentage that's the definition of a better scorer..he puts the ball in the hole more times per game aaaaannnnddd on less shots

That's like saying reggie miller is a better scorer then Jordan or steph curry is a better scorer then rose because they shoot better
 6 years ago '07        #83
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 joshdogg26 said:
he's not a better jump shooter. that was never the subject of the thread. the subject of the thread is "how can we equalize their FG% and measure whose performance is really more impressive?" and the answer is lebron by a landslide, even when u adjust for his "easy" shots and kobe's "tough" shots.
ok I agree
 6 years ago '06        #84
budap06 
space
space
space
$408 | Props total: 11 11
Im A Kobe fan and I have no Hate for Lebron at all.... But the Lebron Kobe Arguments are ridiculous at this point. Anyone would be delusional to say that Kobe is still better than Lebron, hes not... And thats what I think Lebron fans have a problem with... At the end of the day however, Most people would probably still rather have Kobe on their team to this day and that says Alot
 6 years ago '07        #85
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 philly337 said:

LeBron scores more points at a higher field goal percentage that's the definition of a better scorer..he puts the ball in the hole more times per game aaaaannnnddd on less shots

That's like saying reggie miller is a better scorer then Jordan or steph curry is a better scorer then rose because they shoot better
lebron wouldn't even say he is a better scorer, wade wouldn't even say lebron is a better scorer than Kobe this is well documented. Tell me why your opinion means more?
 6 years ago '06        #86
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Cambury said:
lebron wouldn't even say he is a better scorer, wade wouldn't even say lebron is a better scorer than Kobe this is well documented. Tell me why your opinion means more?
Jordan also says he's not the goat which he is and knows it...what the fu*k is your point. We all know bron isn't aggressive and just comes out and says sh*t like that. When had he said he's the best in the nba (maybe he has but seriously doubt it) but he is and everybody agrees

He puts the ball in on less attempts...I don't give a fu*k if he kicks it in or its all dunks he scores more and is more efficient which defines him as the better scorer

No arguing it..that's facts
 6 years ago '04        #87
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 elvisfreshly said:
If only lebron could finish games
playoffs only:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

lebron doesnt have people constantly clean up his misses like artest did for kobe against the celtics making everyone forget he missed it
 6 years ago '07        #88
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]

There's no way Kobes number is that high

n*gga takes the toughest shots of any player
 6 years ago '10        #89
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
 Cambury said:
sh*t is dumb becuz any body that watches lebron play knows he plays for stats more than Kobe so of course he would have a better field goal percentage. for example...kobe would not touch the ball a whole possession and when the shot cook hits 5 he will get the rock and effectively take a low percentage shot to save the possession. Lebron on the other hand can have the basketball a whole possession then with 4 seconds or less on the clock pass the ball to well defended teammate who now has to save the possession with a bad shot. The difference is one guy doesn't are how his fg% looks at the end of the game while the other guy would rather pass then take a bad shot to save a possession.

This point isn't to be argued because it is 100% fact.
100%
 6 years ago '07        #90
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 philly337 said:

Lebron has no post game and his shot isn't as good as Kobe's

So what the fu*k are you saying, he's a better driver to the basket?
 6 years ago '07        #91
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
what a dumb fu*king thread..no i didnt read, but from the title, and the % signs, it looks fu*king stupid and sound slike a reach from a lebron fan

and kobe > lebron
 6 years ago '04        #92
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,980 | Props total: 4999 4999
 joshdogg26 said:
u realize this thread is about none of that sh*t right? u came in here arguing a bunch of whiney bullsh*t that is not even the subject of the thread. it's solely to settle a discussion that puts their FG% on even ground .

to both of u, the ENTIRE POINT of this metric is that ur not comparing kobe's shooting to lebron's shooting. ur applying kobe's shot distribution to the AVERAGE PLAYER and seeing what u would expect the AVERAGE PLAYER to shoot if they had the same shot selection. u then compare what kobe ACTUALLY shoots to what u would EXPECT and see how much better he does than that. it is exactly fair. that's the point. if i wanted a blanket stat that didn't adjust for any of that, i would just use FG% and i wouldn't have made this thread. i'd be happy to explain it further if u still have questions.
we know what the thread is about, you aren't proving anything by telling us over and over..what i said was valid. you are comparing the two right? well why are you? they play two different positions and styles. You have fell victim to the media feeding you this lbj vs kobe madness. They should never be compared thats why i said use the same equation and compare lbj vs magic but of course you disregarded that.

Of course kobe isn't going to shoot better than lebron, just look at their career fg% ...why do you think jordan had such a high fg %? because he played within his limits and strengths and rarely shot 3's.
 6 years ago '04        #93
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,980 | Props total: 4999 4999
 keithbm1111 said:
what a dumb fu*king thread..no i didnt read, but from the title, and the % signs, it looks fu*king stupid and sound slike a reach from a lebron fan

and kobe > lebron
 6 years ago '07        #94
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 philly337 said:
Jordan also says he's not the goat which he is and knows it...what the fu*k is your point. We all know bron isn't aggressive and just comes out and says sh*t like that. When had he said he's the best in the nba (maybe he has but seriously doubt it) but he is and everybody agrees

He puts the ball in on less attempts...I don't give a fu*k if he kicks it in or its all dunks he scores more and is more efficient which defines him as the better scorer

No arguing it..that's facts
You said everybody agrees lebron is the best...how about his peers? Have you heard anyone that is not his teammates say he is the best? Players still go on record saying Kobe is the best...

And I have never heard MJ say he isn't the best but I still think it's an argument. If you do your history its always going to be an argument and if you feel like it isn't a debate...well you fell victim to Nike's marketing.

Last edited by Cambury; 03-02-2012 at 01:14 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #95
space
space
 doczdaname said:
we know what the thread is about, you aren't proving anything by telling us over and over..what i said was valid. you are comparing the two right? well why are you? they play two different positions and styles. You have fell victim to the media feeding you this lbj vs kobe madness. They should never be compared thats why i said use the same equation and compare lbj vs magic but of course you disregarded that.

Of course kobe isn't going to shoot better than lebron, just look at their career fg% ...why do you think jordan had such a high fg %? because he played within his limits and strengths and rarely shot 3's.
u say u understand the metric, but u clearly don't by the points u try to make. the standard kobe is being held to by this is 44%. that's what an average player SHOULD shoot with his shots. lebron is being held to 48%. that's a pretty significant difference. ur not comparing them directly to each other and u r totally cancelling out the shot selection.

shot location data only exists from 2000 on, it would be impossible to compare him to magic. lol @ saying lebron rarely shot threes though .

keithbm1111 said:

and kobe > lebron
congrats, you are a dumbass
 6 years ago '07        #96
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
u say u understand the metric, but u clearly don't by the points u try to make. the standard kobe is being held to by this is 44%. that's what an average player SHOULD shoot with his shots. lebron is being held to 48%. that's a pretty significant difference. ur not comparing them directly to each other and u r totally cancelling out the shot selection.

shot location data only exists from 2000 on, it would be impossible to compare him to magic. lol @ saying lebron rarely shot threes though .

congrats, you are a dumbass
tell the people what is the difference between 44% and 48% per game in makes. I would also like for you to also tell the people how many fastbreak point they both average a game.

This is too easy.
 6 years ago '07        #97
space
space
 Cambury said:
tell the people what is the difference between 44% and 48% per game in makes. I would also like for you to also tell the people how many fastbreak point they both average a game.

This is too easy.
if u both take 20 shots, it's about 2 points every game, 164 points in a season, 2460 points over a 15 year career. basically an entire season's worth of scoring for either of those guys.

any other questions?
 6 years ago '06        #98
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 INF4MOUS said:

Lebron has no post game and his shot isn't as good as Kobe's

So what the fu*k are you saying, he's a better driver to the basket?

By this logic Dominique wilkins is a better scorer then shaq because he can score in more ways

I don't give a fu*k how the ball goes in..if he's scoring more and at a better percentage he's a better scorer.

As for just layups that is "exactly" what this thread disproves
 6 years ago '07        #99
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
if u both take 20 shots, it's about 2 points every game, 164 points in a season, 2460 points over a 15 year career. basically an entire season's worth of scoring for either of those guys.

any other questions?
you dodge with the best of them...how many MAKES per game is the difference between 44% and 48%.

How many fastbreak points does James and Kobe avg?

You have have unsuccessfully tried to change topic my last 4 posts.
 6 years ago '06        #100
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Cambury said:

This is too easy.
woooowww

So 40% is no different then 50% because its only a one shot difference for every 10 taken

You over there trying to spit about history and can't even comprehend how much of a difference 2% is in the game of basketball let alone 4-5%

I'm out for the day..stupidity at an all time high
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
57 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy