New Metric Adjusts for Shot Selection (LeBron/Kobe Comparison)

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
72 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
94 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
278 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #61
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193 OP
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 13045 13045
 Cambury said:
It doesn't take into account shots to end quarters or the shot clock. Kobe takes about 6-10 shots game where he gets the ball from 20 ft out with less than 6 seconds on the shot clock. My whole point is Lebron only takes shots he is comfortable taking and Kobe has made a career of making shots noone else wants to take. Take that into account and the 1 more make per game isn't really that big a deal tho the difference is 5-8% on field goal percentage
:rolleyes: u know if u really want i can look up the shots taken by either player at the end of a quarter . pretty funny that ur argument is now reduced to halfcourt heaves n sh*t though. weird it doesn't hurt durant.
 6 years ago '04        #62
Ill Fred 
space
space
$2,725 | Props total: 408 408
 elvisfreshly said:
If only lebron could finish games

Um..... i guess you said it B4 i did...

at least Big games. And plus this he still has D. Wade who to me is top 5 in the league so....... eh..
 6 years ago '04        #63
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,985 | Props total: 5021 5021
 joshdogg26 said:
this guy said catching feelings when ur coming at me with off the wall sh*t that is not even the subject of the thread

apparently ur stupidass hasn't seen any of the 10,000 stan wars comparing these guys and their FG% always comes up and people say "bron takes easy shots, kobe takes hard shots!" this deads that. any other bullsh*t ur spitting about nothing is just u being salty about it. it's a perfectly valid and useful statistic for that purpose. u sound like a bi*ch.

no because those arguments never end obviously. I am sure the heat will get theres eventually but after its all said and done, what do stats matter if you can't win a chip?

incase you morons dont pay attention, championships are what seperates the all-time greats.

you don't need stats to show you that lebron get most of his buckets around the basket and kobe takes fade aways over 3 dudes...

how are these two even compared? they play way different games, ones a point foward and one is a SHOOTING guard...do the same stats comparing Magic and Lebron because they are pretty much the same player style wise..now that would be interesting.

heat fans stay trolling.
 6 years ago '06        #64
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
 joshdogg26 said:
of course u didn't

definition of a stan: entering thread that says kobe and writing pages in defense of random bullsh*t without even knowing what it says

6 years ago '06        #65
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
 Ill Fred said:
Um..... i guess you said it B4 i did...

at least Big games. And plus this he still has D. Wade who to me is top 5 in the league so....... eh..

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

how quickly people forget
 6 years ago '07        #66
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 joshdogg26 said:
:rolleyes: u know if u really want i can look up the shots taken by either player at the end of a quarter . pretty funny that ur argument is now reduced to halfcourt heaves n sh*t though. weird it doesn't hurt durant.
end of the shot clock dude...on the Heat that guy is wade or Chalmers on the Lakers its Kobe. Pay attention to basketball and you will see what a shooting guard does, Lebron just doesn't take those shots. I was speaking about end of quarters as well as shot clock.
 6 years ago '11        #67
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
Why didnt the heat win the finals if lebron is so great?
Kobe is 5-2 in the finals and lebron is 0-2
And lebron had a team last year
 03-02-2012, 02:23 AM         #68
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wade>>>>Durant&Rose
 6 years ago '08        #69
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,118 | Props total: 2650 2650
 PG-13 said:

how quickly people forget
on the real tho, you cant play a single 4th quarter from the finals.

lebron james is a beast
a physical specimen and a stat monster
undoubtedly one of the best regular season players of all time
but this n*gga admits it himself, he doesnt have the k!ller instinct that would take him to the level of the basketball gods.
as much as n*ggas stan, if they watch basketball they know there are BUNCH of players in the league right now you want to have the ball over lebron in the last couple minutes of a close win or go home type game.
and while thats just one flawed aspect of his game, it matters almost the most because thats what n*ggas are remembered for.
until he can get to that level, n*gga is gon forever be
 6 years ago '09        #70
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 Imagin3 said:
on the real tho, you cant play a single 4th quarter from the finals.

lebron james is a beast
a physical specimen and a stat monster
undoubtedly one of the best regular season players of all time
but this n*gga admits it himself, he doesnt have the k!ller instinct that would take him to the level of the basketball gods.
as much as n*ggas stan, if they watch basketball they know there are BUNCH of players in the league right now you want to have the ball over lebron in the last couple minutes of a close win or go home type game.
and while thats just one flawed aspect of his game, it matters almost the most because thats what n*ggas are remembered for.
until he can get to that level, n*gga is gon forever be
that was the playoffs tho lol
 6 years ago '11        #71
Urbanchill 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,433 | Props total: 1414 1414
not really fair comparing guard numbers to forwards

the guards all have similar numbers and the forwards have similar numbers
 6 years ago '07        #72
space
space
 doczdaname said:
no because those arguments never end obviously. I am sure the heat will get theres eventually but after its all said and done, what do stats matter if you can't win a chip?

incase you morons dont pay attention, championships are what seperates the all-time greats.

you don't need stats to show you that lebron get most of his buckets around the basket and kobe takes fade aways over 3 dudes...

how are these two even compared? they play way different games, ones a point foward and one is a SHOOTING guard...do the same stats comparing Magic and Lebron because they are pretty much the same player style wise..now that would be interesting.

heat fans stay trolling.
u realize this thread is about none of that sh*t right? u came in here arguing a bunch of whiney bullsh*t that is not even the subject of the thread. it's solely to settle a discussion that puts their FG% on even ground .

Urbanchill said:
not really fair comparing guard numbers to forwards

the guards all have similar numbers and the forwards have similar numbers
to both of u, the ENTIRE POINT of this metric is that ur not comparing kobe's shooting to lebron's shooting. ur applying kobe's shot distribution to the AVERAGE PLAYER and seeing what u would expect the AVERAGE PLAYER to shoot if they had the same shot selection. u then compare what kobe ACTUALLY shoots to what u would EXPECT and see how much better he does than that. it is exactly fair. that's the point. if i wanted a blanket stat that didn't adjust for any of that, i would just use FG% and i wouldn't have made this thread. i'd be happy to explain it further if u still have questions.
 03-02-2012, 11:29 AM         #73
srodriguez617 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
now is this based on career stats ....case i believe kobe has more yrs then all these players which is why his numbers would be down since about 3 yrs are past his prime.....and all these players are in their prime or not there yet....give em 5 more yrs and let me see their numbers again...just a thought...btw none still not clutch like kobe
 6 years ago '07        #74
space
space
 srodriguez617 said:
now is this based on career stats ....case i believe kobe has more yrs then all these players which is why his numbers would be down since about 3 yrs are past his prime.....and all these players are in their prime or not there yet....give em 5 more yrs and let me see their numbers again...just a thought...btw none still not clutch like kobe
no, it's based on this year, and it compares each player to the average player, not directly to each other. i also did kobe's best season and it wasn't much better.
 03-02-2012, 11:36 AM         #75
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
joshdogg always putting Laker/Bulls homers in check

Dare him to say something about my Raps
 6 years ago '07        #76
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
if you watch these stats your an idiot lebron has never been double teamed on a jumpshot in his life, he barely ever has a hand in his face

Kobe's J >>>>> lebron's broke J
no argue for the above point

Close thread
 6 years ago '07        #77
space
space
 Cambury said:
if you watch these stats your an idiot lebron has never been double teamed on a jumpshot in his life, he barely ever has a hand in his face

Kobe's J >>>>> lebron's broke J
no argue for the above point

Close thread
kobe's overall shooting performance isn't nearly as relatively better than what the average player would shoot as lebron's. that's the point of the thread. kobe sees a 5% improvement over what u'd expect from joe schmoe taking his shots, lebron sees an 18% improvement. try to keep up and wrap ur head around that.
 6 years ago '07        #78
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
kobe's overall shooting performance isn't nearly as relatively better than what the average player would shoot as lebron's. that's the point of the thread. kobe sees a 5% improvement over what u'd expect from joe schmoe taking his shots, lebron sees an 18% improvement. try to keep up and wrap ur head around that.
the fact that you ignore my last two posts shows me you have no rebuttal. I understand what the OP was about but I would like to hear you say Lebron is a better shooter.
 6 years ago '11        #79
does any 1 care 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,653 | Props total: 418 418
I hope Lebron wins a ring this year the hate that yall have for him is insane.
 6 years ago '11        #80
PrimeTimeJones3 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,792 | Props total: 930 930
 does any 1 care said:
I hope Lebron wins a ring this year the hate that yall have for him is insane.
I agree...the hate is crazy at times...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy