New Metric Adjusts for Shot Selection (LeBron/Kobe Comparison)

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #41
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,993 | Props total: 10661 10661
 joshdogg26 said:
yea man, i make so many kobe threads .

this is a new metric, and a very useful one that i saw yesterday. there was previously a debate about it, and it comes up all the time. i cleared it up with something factual and u didn't like the results, so u've now cried about it for paragraphs.

6 years ago '07        #42
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 joshdogg26 said:

this is a new metric, and a very useful one that i saw yesterday. there was previously a debate about it, and it comes up all the time. i cleared it up with something factual and u didn't like the results, so u've now cried about it for paragraphs.

it wasn't useful becuz it said what we knew it would say. It just took a whole bunch of complex numbers and simplified it but hardly tells the story between those two players. Regardless of what those numbers say there is no arguing who is a better shooter, all the numbers indicate is lebron takes better shots.
 6 years ago '07        #43
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193 OP
space
space
$34,390 | Props total: 13061 13061
so if we're a.ssuming that everybody became a fan of their team the day they started posting in the BXSC, i mist be the only person joining the heat bandwagon while we were going 15-67

[pic - click to view]

when u confront a stan with something they can't accept. dudes can't stay on subject for one single post.

Last edited by joshdogg26; 03-01-2012 at 08:54 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #44
space
space
 Cambury said:
it wasn't useful becuz it said what we knew it would say. It just took a whole bunch of complex numbers and simplified it but hardly tells the story between those two players. Regardless of what those numbers say there is no arguing who is a better shooter, all the numbers indicate is lebron takes better shots.
so applying somebody's shot selection to the average NBA player, and seeing how they perform relative to average, is not useful?

u said urself it's unfair to compare kobe to lebron because their shot selection is so different. that's the entire point of this exercise. apply the league average shooting percentages to their shots, and see how they perform relative to that. if kobe's shots r tough and he's so good, then he should shoot way better than the average player. if lebron's shots r easy and he's not special, then he shouldn't shoot that much better than the average player. it couldn't be simpler and more perfect. refusal to accept that is clear denial.

Last edited by joshdogg26; 03-01-2012 at 08:49 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #45
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,993 | Props total: 10661 10661
 Cambury said:
Just like there is no arguing who is the better scorer which is all that matters
 6 years ago '05        #46
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
 joshdogg26 said:

I Didn't even read the first post i just seen that another heatless bandwagoner made yet another Kobe related thread and commented.... now you are over there replying cus my post made you catch feelings about your idol LeChoke
 6 years ago '07        #47
space
space
 pus*yFiend said:

I Didn't even read the first post
of course u didn't

definition of a stan: entering thread that says kobe and writing pages in defense of random bullsh*t without even knowing what it says
 6 years ago '06        #48
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 1 1
I've said this before, but the difference b/w kobe and Lbj shooting percentages is the two or three shots at the end of a quarter or shot clock to bail out the team. When it comes to plays not to beat the clock, I bet they're even. Lbj passes at the end of clocks and quarters, kobe shoots.

9-20 shooting is 45% (kb career avg)
10-20 is 50% (closer to Lbj career avg)

That's one shot per fu*kin game. Gtfoh.

This year, yes Lbj is the better player cuz he shooting 10 percent higher, which is too much to ignore.
 6 years ago '05        #49
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
 joshdogg26 said:
of course u didn't

definition of a stan: entering thread that says kobe and writing pages in defense of random bullsh*t without even knowing what it says

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #50
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,986 | Props total: 5033 5033
we making up stats now?

has anyone even taken that hollinger guy seriously yet? now we have this
 6 years ago '07        #51
space
space
 doczdaname said:
we making up stats now?

has anyone even taken that hollinger guy seriously yet? now we have this
no, it's from hoopdata, and it's not complicated at all unless ur a retard. not getting it is basically admission of stupidity.
 6 years ago '04        #52
ShaDoW1 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,039 | Props total: 1272 1272
espn just put out another equation.....

5>0

6 years ago '04        #53
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,986 | Props total: 5033 5033
 joshdogg26 said:
no, it's from hoopdata, and it's not complicated at all unless ur a retard. not getting it is basically admission of stupidity.
you must be the TS since you are catching feelings and replying to every post to extend the pages. Of course its a simple mathematical equation but in the grand scheme of things does it really matter?

you sitting here trying to defend your boyfriend everyday isn't going to put money in your pocket son. unless you are younger than 18 then I would say you have deep rooted psychological issues maybe in the form of a daddy complex. Let me break it down for you as simple as possible so you can understand:

kobe=5 rings
lebron= 0

maybe you can help hoopdata come up with an equation on success rate per year
 6 years ago '07        #54
space
space
 doczdaname said:
you must be the TS since you are catching feelings and replying to every post to extend the pages. Of course its a simple mathematical equation but in the grand scheme of things does it really matter?

you sitting here trying to defend your boyfriend everyday isn't going to put money in your pocket son. unless you are younger than 18 then I would say you have deep rooted psychological issues maybe in the form of a daddy complex. Let me break it down for you as simple as possible so you can understand:

kobe=5 rings
lebron= 0

maybe you can help hoopdata come up with an equation on success rate per year.
this guy said catching feelings when ur coming at me with off the wall sh*t that is not even the subject of the thread

apparently ur stupidass hasn't seen any of the 10,000 stan wars comparing these guys and their FG% always comes up and people say "bron takes easy shots, kobe takes hard shots!" this deads that. any other bullsh*t ur spitting about nothing is just u being salty about it. it's a perfectly valid and useful statistic for that purpose. u sound like a bi*ch.

03-02-2012, 12:03 AM         #55
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 doczdaname said:

kobe=5 rings
lebron= 0

Kobe = 5 Rings

MJ = 6 Rings

Robert Horry = 7 rings

Bill Russell = 11 rings

the "ring argument" again
 6 years ago '08        #56
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,060 | Props total: 4842 4842
 doczdaname said:

kobe=5 rings
lebron= 0

Straight to the ring argument.
 6 years ago '06        #57
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
 Kevin said:
but kobe has 42k minutes, is 33 years old, playing with a broken nose, concussion, broken wrist, broken knees, AND HAS NO HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/kobe stan

sh*t had me dying for some reason
 6 years ago '07        #58
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 philly337 said:
Just like there is no arguing who is the better scorer which is all that matters
even lebron would say he isn't a better scorer than Kobe...

And web if he did u wuld be a lil girl in denial
 6 years ago '07        #59
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
so applying somebody's shot selection to the average NBA player, and seeing how they perform relative to average, is not useful?

u said urself it's unfair to compare kobe to lebron because their shot selection is so different. that's the entire point of this exercise. apply the league average shooting percentages to their shots, and see how they perform relative to that. if kobe's shots r tough and he's so good, then he should shoot way better than the average player. if lebron's shots r easy and he's not special, then he shouldn't shoot that much better than the average player. it couldn't be simpler and more perfect. refusal to accept that is clear denial.

It doesn't take into account shots to end quarters or the shot clock. Kobe takes about 6-10 shots game where he gets the ball from 20 ft out with less than 6 seconds on the shot clock. My whole point is Lebron only takes shots he is comfortable taking and Kobe has made a career of making shots noone else wants to take. Take that into account and the 1 more make per game isn't really that big a deal tho the difference is 5-8% on field goal percentage
 03-02-2012, 12:17 AM         #60
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
It doesn't take into account shots to end quarters or the shot clock. Kobe takes about 6-10 shots game where he gets the ball from 20 ft out with less than 6 seconds on the shot clock. My whole point is Lebron only takes shots he is comfortable taking and Kobe has made a career of TAKING shots all the time no matter the situation. Take that into account and the 1 more make per game isn't really that big a deal tho the difference is 5-8% on field goal percentage
fixed
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago