March 2012 - Post your Pickups

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #281
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
space
$59,340 | Props total: 25248 25248
 daliff89 said:
You can wear a white v-neck and some Luckys and look exactly the same as someone wearing a white v-neck and some expensive jeans, if the wash and fit are the same..

You might feel better personally, but branding on jeans matters almost as much as branding on footie socks

Branding on shoes matters because it's obvious, same with shirts (this with designs at least); but most jeans are subtly branded, meaning people have to look for the brand, which most people won't do

It's like saying you'll look nicer in a pair of black low-top Chucks than in a pair of black low-top Wal-Mart brand canvas sneakers

Your jeans might be better quality and might last you longer, but they look the same to 95% of people
are you reading what anybody is saying?

thats the point..no you can't

with the jean buisness,you actually pay for quality and durability

but like he said its most likely because of your environment

these nike sneakers you are paying for is the real r*pe

and no lucky brand jeans with a vneck will look nothing like someone with a good pair of raw/selvage denim
 6 years ago '11        #282
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
space
And another thing Daliff

I get way more compliments on my jeans from women then I do with shoes..

so saying no one cares because they don't see the "brand" is ignorant
 6 years ago '05        #283
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
 PTC said:
Saying it is by far the least noticed aspect is just ignorant. 1st off, that is just based off your environment and where you are from. Come hang with some people with $ and tell me that no one notices jeans. All my girls can see the difference, not just by looking at the brand.

Not only is this ignorant in the sense that you're not realizing your opinion is based off where you're from, you are also discrediting the whole mechanics to dressing.

If you wear a plain shirt, your jeans will be highlighted and stand out. If you were a flashier top, jeans could possibly fall back a bit. It just depends how you dress.

But I know for a fact, the only people I know (I live in Los Angeles) who say jeans don't matter are those that buy EVERYTHING else on a budget (not saying there is anything wrong with this)... but that's generally the truth. Anyone who gives a fu*k about their clothing, and CAN afford higher end jeans, will buy them...period. No such thing as a person who gives a fu*k about clothing and has $ and says, jeans don't matter.
Wait wait wait..

I'm ignorant because nobody I've ever known or encountered anywhere notices jeans before anything else, but you're not because you and your friends think denim is the sh*t?

People can tell the difference if they're into it, majority of people aren't into it.

It's just like sneakers, you can be wearing some black / gold Puma Clydes and I can be wearing the black / gold Puma x UNDFTD Clyds and people with no sneaker knowledge will know the difference

The fact is, due to their subtle branding, jeans are by far the least-noticed part of an outfit, period.
 6 years ago '07        #285
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 411 411
Lucky Jeans suck now?
 6 years ago '05        #286
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 Dray said:
are you reading what anybody is saying?

thats the point..no you can't

with the jean buisness,you actually pay for quality and durability

but like he said its most likely because of your environment

these nike sneakers you are paying for is the real r*pe

and no lucky brand jeans with a vneck will look nothing like someone with a good pair of raw/selvage denim
You pay for quality and durability, not for the way they look

Did I ever say that cheaper jeans had the same quality and durability? fu*k no.

But most people can't tell the difference between a guy walking by wearing RRL and a guy walking by wearing Levis

I've gotten compliments on Luckys, Levis, AE, Mossimo...

In terms of look and style, brand matters exactly 0%

Quality, durability, all that sh*t can be changed by brand; but if you took the same design made of selvedge denim and made it with normal denim, it'd look largely the same
 6 years ago '11        #287
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
space
 daliff89 said:

but if you took the same design made of selvedge denim and made it with normal denim, it'd look largely the same

[pic - click to view]

That sh*t don't even make sense and can't even happen

this ain't shoes motherfu*ker where you can just change "colorways"

Im done with you,you not taking the knowledge in.
 6 years ago '05        #288
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,697 | Props total: 2454 2454
 AKS MUZIK said:
Yow Banna 2012!!!! Link up.....
u already Knw :dancingcool:

.................imma hit u up in aug i knw u would knw all the spots in TO after the parade
 6 years ago '04        #289
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$19,067 | Props total: 4830 4830
 DaViLLe726 said:
I def agree with you here. I have a bunch of pairs of express men jeans and a couple lucky brand jeans which (by the way are very nice).

I disagree here because if your going to have a High End belt on it should go with some High End jeans. I dont think people are going for the look of the gucci belts although they are dope i feel like its more the "status" dont you think??? It goes for clothes too, you dont see people rocking Polo a.ssociation why? cuz its looked down upon but you see how the status of Rl Polo is.

fixed....
so a gucci belt with anything dat cost alot too is kool it dont matter if it looks right or not just throw on some trues witha gucci belt and t looks right kus they both cost alot

people dont wear uspa kus its not ralp lauren and dats only some people alotta people wear uspa .........and dont care thats why tha sh*ts still being sold ......i just personally only think gucci belts get bought kus they look and are nice as hell but every pair of gucci pants arent nice or fly nor are the shirts kus more rappers and rich people would wear it
 6 years ago '04        #290
space
space
 daliff89 said:

Wait wait wait..

I'm ignorant because nobody I've ever known or encountered anywhere notices jeans before anything else, but you're not because you and your friends think denim is the sh*t?

People can tell the difference if they're into it, majority of people aren't into it.

It's just like sneakers, you can be wearing some black / gold Puma Clydes and I can be wearing the black / gold Puma x UNDFTD Clyds and people with no sneaker knowledge will know the difference

The fact is, due to their subtle branding, jeans are by far the least-noticed part of an outfit, period.
for the majority of my life when people walk up to you they look dead at your feet and when u see people walkin by u at they feet shoes and face first thats the usual
 6 years ago '04        #291
space
space
and the most part every poster on here post levis number one then trues like 3 people then what ever else so again just by going by the pics on here levi has to be the best jeans out there or is every body just broke and dont know good jeans!
 6 years ago '05        #292
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 Dray said:

[pic - click to view]

That sh*t don't even make sense and can't even happen

this ain't shoes motherfu*ker where you can just change "colorways"

Im done with you,you not taking the knowledge in.
You're not kicking any "knowledge"

You keep telling me that high end denim has better quality and lasts longer, I already know this.

I'm telling you that most people have no fu*king clue how to tell the difference between premium denim and regular denim

Since most people have no fu*king clue how to tell the difference, most people won't notice if you're not wearing it.

My whole point the whole time has been that people notice your jeans after they notice everything else
 6 years ago '04        #293
~BLUEPRINT~ 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,620 | Props total: 54 54
Shoes >>>> top >>>> jeans

IMO.
 6 years ago '07        #294
DIPSET101 29 heat pts29
space
space
$9,875 | Props total: 8873 8873
Good debate on jeans. Anyway I checked out the documentary on Nike. I'm late but it's dope as hell. They said for $80 kicks Nike pays $20 and a few bucks goes to the workers. And Nike looks at the resell prices and that's part of the reason for the price hikes. Already knew but still a dope documentary.
 6 years ago '07        #295
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 Dray said:
I spend 200 + on jeans every pair

it's not even about the money but quality especially with denim out of everything you can buy...shirts/shoes/hats..

But Im really about this fashion sh*t,I know denim basically.

if you got some cheap as jeans on I don't respect it

if you interested I can send you some links
i ain't even gonna play too cool for the internet. i'm a big dude, so some of that high-end denim just isn't cut well for me. I can't see myself spending upwards of $200 for jeans I gotta tailor heavily so they look right. As for trues, I don't appreciate their contrast stitching. And I hate the patterns that end up on a lot of pockets.

The price of one high-end pair of denim gets me like 4 or 5 559s off Zappos. Once they don't look right, I toss them and re-up.

Otherwise, I mess with Guess jeans for slightly better quality.
 6 years ago '06        #296
samsin420 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,946 | Props total: 496 496
 DIPSET101 said:
Good debate on jeans. Anyway I checked out the documentary on Nike. I'm late but it's dope as hell. They said for $80 kicks Nike pays $20 and a few bucks goes to the workers. And Nike looks at the resell prices and that's part of the reason for the price hikes. Already knew but still a dope documentary.

Link to said documentary?
 6 years ago '07        #297
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 daliff89 said:
You can wear a white v-neck and some Luckys and look exactly the same as someone wearing a white v-neck and some expensive jeans, if the wash and fit are the same..

You might feel better personally, but branding on jeans matters almost as much as branding on footie socks

Branding on shoes matters because it's obvious, same with shirts (this with designs at least); but most jeans are subtly branded, meaning people have to look for the brand, which most people won't do

It's like saying you'll look nicer in a pair of black low-top Chucks than in a pair of black low-top Wal-Mart brand canvas sneakers

Your jeans might be better quality and might last you longer, but they look the same to 95% of people
I usually agree with you, but this is like saying a white American Apparel shirt with good kicks is the same as a white YSL shirt with good kicks. There is a remarkable difference in quality, subtle differences or not.

The only point of contention I have with PTC and Dray at this point is that it almost seems like they're dressing for other people more than for themselves. Like each day is a fashion show. The company you keep and the money they have should be inconsequential. If these are friends ready to clown because you got some Buffalo jeans on, then they really ain't about anything, regardless of the bank roll.
 6 years ago '05        #298
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
A white AA tee with good kicks looks the same as a YSL tee with good kicks

The quality on the YSL is going to sh*t all over the AA quality, but they're cut the same and therefore fit the same, the average person won't be able to tell the difference
 6 years ago '05        #299
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 PTC said:
But I know for a fact, the only people I know (I live in Los Angeles) who say jeans don't matter are those that buy EVERYTHING else on a budget (not saying there is anything wrong with this)... but that's generally the truth. Anyone who gives a fu*k about their clothing, and CAN afford higher end jeans, will buy them...period. No such thing as a person who gives a fu*k about clothing and has $ and says, jeans don't matter.
I see your point here but what your really starting to get into is social classes. People with money are gonna buy expensive sh*t. People that dont have money arent going to buy expensive sh*t (majority of the time)

Funeral James said:
Lucky Jeans suck now?
Thats what i was thinking lol. I thought lucky brand was decent.

RLRugby said:
I like to eat jalopeno poppers in the hood.
fixed...

DIPSET101 said:
whats the link to this video????
 03-04-2012, 08:49 PM         #300
Bautmoney! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol n*ggas paying 200 for a pair of Jeans... ROFLMAO!! You n*ggas is stupid.. I seen n*ggas with Millions of dollars in they bank account rocking $20 pair of Levis and some bum a.ss n*ggas that spend they whole life on the internet talking about spending 200 on jeans.. ROFLMAaO!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy