Feb 29 - Wall street banker cant survive on $350,000 Salary

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
113 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #41
MADIA 
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 33 33
i understand what hes saying, once you set yourself up in a certain lifestyle you have to be able to maintain it.
but fu*k him anyway
 03-01-2012, 07:41 PM         #42
THEYOUNGMESSIAH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
greedy f*ggot
 6 years ago '05        #43
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
Hes living above his means
i see this sh*t all the time people cry making 40k a year get a promotion on 2 and a few years later they on nearly double the amount and still crying poor
 03-01-2012, 07:50 PM         #44
Cowboys All Day 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 zogby said:
Hes living above his means
i see this sh*t all the time people cry making 40k a year get a promotion on 2 and a few years later they on nearly double the amount and still crying poor
It's the American way to live above your means.

6 years ago '10        #45
Alixix 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,721 | Props total: 25 25
 iThink said:
whoops! looks like someone placed their burned hand right back on that hot stove. i grew up poor so i don't feel sorry for anyone complaining about how they can't afford all that hoity toity bullsh*t. neither can i.
this^^...
 6 years ago '08        #46
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
@ motheruckers defending this guy.
 6 years ago '11        #47
RAZER 58 heat pts58
space
space
$2,870 | Props total: 75 75
Kent school in Connecticut is a very prestigious school I wanted to go there :/
 03-01-2012, 08:25 PM         #48
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:
350k in BANKING is scraps, but 350K a year is comfortable in New York, this isn't fu*king Dubai.

dude.. it takes $1M plus a year to live an upper middle class lifestyle in NY. A salaried $350k will not give you a comfortable lifestlye there point blank. we not talking where the n*ggas roam, we talking upper east side, etc... new york has a higher cost of living then dubai simpleton:

this guy is bi*ching about not being able to afford his kids school tuition, or summer home. he's obviously not rich. hes financing his lifestyle, and makes just enough to service the debts on his trinkets. he's not a capitalist, doesnt own any means of production, just is a higher paid slave.
 6 years ago '05        #49
Shazam 33 heat pts33
space
space
$2,264 | Props total: 1230 1230
Wealth is all relative. No matter how much money you make you'll never feel wealthy because you always compare yourself to those who have more than you, you keep trying to figure out how to get what you can't have.

If you want to be happy in life, forget about money, because you will almost certainly never reach the point where you will be satisfied with how much you have. Unless, you're talking legit billionaire status, most people will never have enough money to be able to buy everything they want. That one mansion will keep them happy for a little while until you visit a different place and see a nicer house. That one super car will keep you happy until the next hot super car comes out.

Just about ALL people do it, so I can't hate on the dude or people like him. Most humans have a very similar consuming pattern, just less income to consume.

Poverty causes misery, but money doesn't buy happiness.

Last edited by Shazam; 03-01-2012 at 09:01 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #50
Shazam 33 heat pts33
space
space
Also, this is basically what I was talking about:

A couple of excerpts:

" “Wealth is relative, and to some extent the more you have the more you realize how much more you need,” said Sanjiv Mirchandani, president of National Financial, a Fidelity subsidiary that provides clearing and custody services to broker-dealers, in an interview before the survey’s release Monday.

The more than 1,000 households surveyed had an average of $3.5 million in investable a.ssets. About 42 percent said they don’t feel wealthy, saying they would need about $7.5 million to feel rich. The 58 percent of respondents who said they do feel wealthy were younger on average and have a greater number of remaining years in the workforce, said Mirchandani."

"This all makes perfect sense to me. If you are sitting on $3.5 million when you are still young, you probably do feel wealthy, specifically because you plan on earning even more in the future. But if your prime earning years are solidly in your rear-view mirror, and you are looking ahead to retirement, supporting your privileged and lazy children, keeping your second spouse happy (your first one undoubtedly left you while you were busting your a.ss acquiring the $3.5 million — and now demands alimony), and doing all the traveling and relaxing you missed out on during your youth, yeah, $3.5 million probably doesn’t make you feel “rich.”"

This point is also true. Most people on this site are very young where if I had $3.5 million I would feel pretty rich right now knowing I was still going to be bringing home $350,000-$500,000/yr for the rest of my working life. But the older you get and closer to retirement and trying to figure out how you're gonna keep your standard of living without a yearly salary... you start to feel not so well off.
 6 years ago '05        #51
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,733 | Props total: 2224 2224
What?!?! I cannot feel sorry for this dude at all. On his income for one year me and my immediate family would be fu*king rich. 90 percent of people in this country right now is barely surviving off 30k+ a year. I bet if he changed shoes with a normal person for a week he would k!ll himself after the second day.
 6 years ago '04        #52
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 793 793
more money, more problems
 6 years ago '05        #53
Shazam 33 heat pts33
space
space
 Daddy Black said:
What?!?! I cannot feel sorry for this dude at all. On his income for one year me and my immediate family would be fu*king rich. 90 percent of people in this country right now is barely surviving off 30k+ a year. I bet if he changed shoes with a normal person for a week he would k!ll himself after the second day.
That banker never asked for anyone to feel sorry for him. He was just saying that he feels like he can't live the life that he wants to live with the amount of money he makes. If you gave that 30K to the average person in the world they would feel rich. 90 percent of people in this world right now is barely surviving off 10K+ a year. I bet if the average American changed shoes with a normal person for a week they would k!ll themselves after the second day.

He's just comparing his money to the people he works with and is around all day in Manhattan and compared to them he's chump change. Just like Americans trying to say they barely surviving off 30K+ a year when the rest of the world is making do with way less.

This is an old article but don't feel like trying to find a more recent one, today's figures are probably only slightly different:

There's always people making do with far less than you, but does that make it bad for you to want to have more?
 6 years ago '05        #54
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,733 | Props total: 2224 2224
 Shazam said:
That banker never asked for anyone to feel sorry for him. He was just saying that he feels like he can't live the life that he wants to live with the amount of money he makes. If you gave that 30K to the average person in the world they would feel rich. 90 percent of people in this world right now is barely surviving off 10K+ a year. I bet if the average American changed shoes with a normal person for a week they would k!ll themselves after the second day.

He's just comparing his money to the people he works with and is around all day in Manhattan and compared to them he's chump change. Just like Americans trying to say they barely surviving off 30K+ a year when the rest of the world is making do with way less.

This is an old article but don't feel like trying to find a more recent one, today's figures are probably only slightly different:

There's always people making do with far less than you, but does that make it bad for you to want to have more?
Yea you got a point. The one thing they never teach people in school is that you have to live within your means if you dont want no problems, money comes and goes, the problem is are you prepared for it. Americans as a whole are a consumerist society. Were programmed to get sh*t we dont need and always want more, but its not fair when u got millionaires talkin bout im not rich enuff when theres millions who wonderin if theyll get a meal that day.
 03-01-2012, 10:40 PM         #55
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol at the morons feeling sympathy for him

he cant manage his money plain n simple....he lives beyond his means....he wanna live a lifestyle he cant afford
 6 years ago '07        #56
BigAssTree 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$546 | Props total: 0 0
 Striker1415 said:
The malaise is shared by Schiff, the New York-based marketing director for Euro Pacific Capital, where his brother is CEO. His family rents the lower duplex of a brownstone in Cobble Hill, where his two children share a room. His 10-year- old daughter is a student at $32,000-a-year Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn. His son, 7, will apply in a few years.
"I can't imagine what I'm going to do," Schiff said. "I'm crammed into 1,200 square feet. I don't have a dishwasher. We do all our dishes by hand."
OH MY GOD! They have to wash their OWN dishes! THE HORROR!!
 6 years ago '05        #57
Shazam 33 heat pts33
space
space
 Daddy Black said:
Yea you got a point. The one thing they never teach people in school is that you have to live within your means if you dont want no problems, money comes and goes, the problem is are you prepared for it. Americans as a whole are a consumerist society. Were programmed to get sh*t we dont need and always want more, but its not fair when u got millionaires talkin bout im not rich enuff when theres millions who wonderin if theyll get a meal that day.
I agree with you and I've actually never understood why they don't make personal finance a mandatory subject to be taught to all public school students when we have DARE and health classes. There's probably just as many people in my age group who dig themselves a deep hole financially as there are that dig themselves a hole with drug/alcohol abuse.

I've come across a few people who legitimately have no idea how credit cards work other than you swipe it and pay it off later. They have no idea about how interest works, how quickly it compounds, what a credit score is, what affects their credit score, why you need a good credit score, etc. We should be having these sort of financial safety courses about credit card and student loan debt with public high school students. We should even be discouraging kids from using credit cards altogether except for in emergency situations... b/c like you said you have to live within your means and credit cards are really only a tool to let you live outside of your means for most people. Like we've seen so many times with athletes, musicians, and other wealth celebrities that it doesn't really matter if you're making $10 million/year, if you're spending $11 million/year.

But yea there's also no excuse for the wealthier countries in the world to be taking more steps towards ending starvation and making sure that all humans have the basic necessities in life. I've heard that in America alone we actually burn enough wheat, grain, crops (to keep the price of farmer's products artificially high so farming can continue to be (more?) profitable for them) each year to feed all the starving people in the world.

We can and should do more.

There are legitimate grievances against the wealthy. But I can't really hold them just being rich and buying nice luxury items against them b/c I and 99% of other people would do the same thing. BUT we need to instill w/in our society a greater emphasis on making sure that even the weakest member of society has food, clean water, shelter, protection, access to education, and other human rights... And that has to be instilled in everybody, no matter what their economic position in order to work successfully...
 6 years ago '04        #58
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
Like others have said, it's fine to try and live a life within your pay bracket. At the same time, I hope he doesn't expect anyone to feel sorry for him. He can give up the $500 parking, the $30,000 club, the vacation home. Commute to work on a metro, get hotel suites for vacations, and fu*k an uppity club. He doesn't NEED those things. Now I get what you guys are saying about people in third world countries who consider us middle classers rich compared to what they make, but I think the point is using your money for what you NEED, not WANT. I make a decent salary and I can pay for everything I need, and still have a bunch left over. I do spend it, and I don't save. No one's fault but my own, though, and I won't complain like this guy. If you can't afford something, get rid of it/don't get it. Plain and simple. I, too, grew up in poverty and that's a situation where you learn how to make real life sacrifices. I'm grateful for my upbringing and coming out of that situation because I have developed the common sense needed to live within my means.
 6 years ago '07        #59
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
 <<InphDigi>> said:
This further delineates the fact that while everyone has problems, those with money are usually the architects of their own issues.
/thread
so much said in so few words.
 6 years ago '10        #60
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
i bet this n*gga be stressing at work like shyt

f*ggot on the edge of suicide
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
164 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
93 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy