Mayweather: Pacquiao must leave Arum, take less $ for fight to happen

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #41
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 984 984
 rapgamerdotcom said:
Cats wondering why Mayweather shouldn't take the lion's share are missing the point: if paquiao loses, it's another loss to someone WHO'S LOST. if mayweather loses, his UNDEFEATED streak is over. you tell me what's more momentous?
thats where this cat has yall fooled it isn't all about the record its about drawing power, how many losses did de la Hoya have? and no one was getting 50/50 with him because he was easily the top draw in boxing at the time, these two are pretty much in the same neighborhood when it comes to their drawing power so 50/50 shouldn't even be a talking point
 6 years ago '12        #42
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 SlickJ101 said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #43
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
 Bullseye said:
Manny will never get a payday like he will against Maywearther, even if he takes less. So yes he should.
Mayweather won't make that much without Pacquiao either.
 6 years ago '06        #44
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
Floyd priced himself out of the f!ght period!!! Manny has the better resume anyway and will go down the greater f!ghter.
 6 years ago '04        #45
selfishpimpin 5 heat pts
space
space
$533 | Props total: 135 135
I'm a Floyd fan. I like what he does its good to see a Black Man winning but honestly can someone give me an unbiased opinion of why Floyd should not have taken 50/50 or even that 50/45 deal? I'm not even trying to debate I just want an unbiased opinion and I'll leave it at that. I never believed he was scared. I still don't. But I don't see why he wouldn't take 50/50 or 50/45 .
 6 years ago '10        #46
mcruz 2 heat pts
space
space
$562 | Props total: 0 0
SMH. Most Mayweather stans hold on to Floyd's nuts the same way he holds on to his undefeated record.

Ya'll gotta understand there are a handful of f!ghters who finished their careers undefeated, and arent even considered the GOAT, while the GOAT f!ghters all have losses on their records cause they fought the best of the best.
 6 years ago '06        #47
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
 mcruz said:
SMH. Most Mayweather stans hold on to Floyd's nuts the same way he holds on to his undefeated record.

Ya'll gotta understand there are a handful of f!ghters who finished their careers undefeated, and arent even considered the GOAT, while the GOAT f!ghters all have losses on their records cause they fought the best of the best.
Thank You

Joe Calzaghe is undefeated and has more wins than Floyd...Does that make him the greater f!ghter? Of course not.It always comes down to who you fought and beat in your career.
 6 years ago '05        #48
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,976 | Props total: 10670 10670
 psylence2k said:
Mayweather isn't the one who is back pedaling, Manny said months ago that he would take less money in order to make the f!ght happen, why did he change his stance now ?? It's like when the original blood test question popped up he ran through multiple excuses ( doesn't like needles, draining blood weakens him, he doesn't want to be bossed around by floyd) then he eventually caved and gave in, now this second go around he's once again making multiple excuses to not f!ght floyd in May (his cut has to heal, he wants a bigger stadium, and NOW wants a 50/50 split ) , but what happened months ago when he said he would take less money and the pactards were like " Oh yea that's a real champion ! he f!ghts for the people ! " , how is Mayweather scarred if Pacquiao is the one CHANGING his stance and giving multiple excuses ??
THIS!
 6 years ago '05        #49
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,105 | Props total: 234 234
this f!ght is detox status noone gives a fu*k nomore
 6 years ago '04        #50
EscoNore 67 heat pts67
space
space
$11,446 | Props total: 172 172
 selfishpimpin said:
I'm a Floyd fan. I like what he does its good to see a Black Man winning but honestly can someone give me an unbiased opinion of why Floyd should not have taken 50/50 or even that 50/45 deal? I'm not even trying to debate I just want an unbiased opinion and I'll leave it at that. I never believed he was scared. I still don't. But I don't see why he wouldn't take 50/50 or 50/45 .
I agree with you, but re-check your math.
 6 years ago '08        #51
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,357 | Props total: 271 271
wait.....people in this thread actually saying pacman ducking cause he wants 50/50 split?!? im done

fu*k mayweather....fu*k pacman....and fu*k these stans in this thread. bunch of idiots

and @ 50/45. im guessing you scored low in math tests

Last edited by iPunish901; 02-29-2012 at 08:22 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #52
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,129 | Props total: 15629 15629
so we gonna act like this n*gga dont have Carmex in his hand
 6 years ago '09        #53
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,265 | Props total: 1369 1369
 dre03 said:
Pacquiao's last two f!ghts have generated more money than Mayweather last two f!ghts... Granted the numbers are close but it shows currently Pacqiuao is the bigger draw... What leverage does Floyd have to decline a 50/50 split when Pacquaio?

Don't give me sh*t about past f!ghts that was years ago... Currently the bigger draw in boxing is not Floyd... The f!ght should be 50/50
No...they haven't...

It just depends on the opponent. Floyd fought a nobody in Ortiz and did 1M

Manny fought a guy he has a history with...a Mexican...and a guy who has headlined PPV's before and did more.

Mosley/Floyd>>>>>>Mosley/Pac
 6 years ago '06        #54
Maddog345 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,867 | Props total: 260 260
Just get the f!ght over with. Both these guys are acting like pussies. If they really wanted to f!ght each other, it would have been done.
 6 years ago '09        #55
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,265 | Props total: 1369 1369
 psylence2k said:
it'll be tainted, but it will still be above Pacquiao's.
Neither guy needs one another...They're just f!ghting for money now.
 6 years ago '09        #56
NLSP42 151 heat pts151
space
space
$7,819 | Props total: 8888 8888
You guys need to give it up...this f!ght is NEVER happening....and Ive officially given up.....
 6 years ago '06        #57
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
Has floyd ever fought a future hall of famer in there prime? I can't think of one.
 6 years ago '04        #58
Adwerdz 318 heat pts318
space
space
$32,655 | Props total: 23084 23084
not in this life time #crookarum
 6 years ago '05        #59
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 984 984
 p00rky said:
Hey smart guy. Manny said he would take less money but has changed his mind once again. Remember when he was afraid of needles?
dude never said he was afraid of needles this whole thing is just silly man
 02-29-2012, 09:31 AM         #60
purplehazeus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think a lot of people are overlooking one point. Pacman did say that he would take less, but who actually makes the f!ght???? Mayweather f!ghts under his own promotion ‘Mayweather Promotions’, while Pacman f!ghts under Arum and Bob Arum Promotions. Arum is the person that accepts or rejects contracts, purses etc. His job is to make as much money for his f!ghters as he can. For Floyd to say that Pac must get rid of Arum is ridiculous. That would be like Pacman saying that Floyd has to get rid of Roger Mayweather....You just can't go around and think you are going to tell someone how to run their business and expect them to get rid of someone who helped make them successful.

And actually i kinda understand where pacman is coming from. Mayweather offered him $40 million, with NO pay per view money. Floyd on the other hand would make alot more. It might be the biggest for Mayweather Jr. since his f!ght with Oscar De La Hoya in 2007, which hauled in a record 2.4 million PPV buys.( Over 143 million if the f!ght was priced at 59.99) Nothing has come close to that.

Pacquiao says he wanted Floyd to be guaranteed $50 million with the rest of the revenue split — 55% to the winner and 45% to the loser. (rest of the revenue includes ppv)

Last edited by purplehazeus; 02-29-2012 at 09:49 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago