What does it take to be good at video game commentary?

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
190 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
37 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
11446 pageviews
21 comments

Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5126 5126
What does it take to be good at video game commentary?

Im trying to do some video game commentary videos. Im just starting out, got some content im working on, and preparing to work on.

So quick question... What makes a video game commentary good?

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 02-27-2012 at 06:55 PM..

21 comments for "What does it take to be good at video game commentary?"

02-27-2012, 07:44 PM         #2
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man the main thing is just to have fun with it (its a lot harder to become popular on youtube if your black however)

If your doing it for money it can get tedious trying to come up with new content 24.7

Heres my newest video

[video - click to view]

and here go some of my greats that people have loved

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

02-27-2012, 07:50 PM         #3
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

02-27-2012, 07:58 PM         #4
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One Gud Cide said:

[pic - click to view]

damn thats lil uno with the dreads

lil b stole that n*ggas fam and ran with it lol
 6 years ago '11        #5
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
You have to be an above average gamer and know what your talking about.
 6 years ago '05        #6
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067 OP
space
space
 DominationCM said:
You have to be an above average gamer and know what your talking about.
Hmm well ive been pc gaming since i was 10... Ive played all the major MMO's. I got a ton of games. And in WoW i was in a top 200 raiding guild for a whole expansion.

Im a decent gamer. But is there something wrong with the average gamer commenting on games?

Curious.

Pierced Talentz said:
Man the main thing is just to have fun with it (its a lot harder to become popular on youtube if your black however)

If your doing it for money it can get tedious trying to come up with new content 24.7

Heres my newest video

and here go some of my greats that people have loved

Good looks man, ive seen some black dudes come up. For example smoove who used to do NBA 2k videos strictly and branched out after his partnership. Im not even trying to be a famous player. I just wanna make videos for fun.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 02-27-2012 at 09:34 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #7
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
Don't be trying to impress other people, you will be stuck on what to say. Just say exatly what comes to mind and don't hold back anything. Don't give a F and see it ppl like it
 6 years ago '04        #8
Defjm 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,445 | Props total: 439 439
imo if your not a Professional gamer' i think long as ur funny and pay attention to the comments n ppl who sub you'll start to build up a fanbase, you could also do giveaways n sh*t.

his commentary is hilarious because he gets frustrated on those damn iwbtg fangames
 6 years ago '11        #9
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
 Andrefrbk said:
Hmm well ive been pc gaming since i was 10... Ive played all the major MMO's. I got a ton of games. And in WoW i was in a top 200 raiding guild for a whole expansion.

Im a decent gamer. But is there something wrong with the average gamer commenting on games?

Curious.

Good looks man, ive seen some black dudes come up. For example smoove who used to do NBA 2k videos strictly and branched out after his partnership. Im not even trying to be a famous player. I just wanna make videos for fun.
No its not anything wrong with the average gamer but when it cames to commentary they need to know what there talking about. Have you watched the SF4 EVO tournament were Diago got perfected the commentary for that was good cause they knew the ends and outs the game. The first time I seen that it was like they was speaking a foreign language and thats what made it good. I dont wanna hear commentary form a person who's never picked up a controller or dont even own a console. Feel me?
 02-28-2012, 12:43 AM         #10
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The one's I watch, I like the honesty factor. I feel like they keeping it real, not playin something they don't want to play just for views, not playing under certain settings just because it's cool. Not trying to sound like a professional, just laid back dudes basically sh*t talking while playing the game. I haven't released any videos yet, but my biggest issue comes in, I'm a lot better doing it live, but I don't have the luxury of being able to do it live, it's a lot less sh*t that comes to the mind recording your voice over your footage, than while you're actually wrapped up into the game.

But coming from a youtube partner(not to toot my own horn) just stick with it no matter what you're doing. People will leave negativity no matter what, it'll be a long process gaining a steady following, and then they will expect you to do sh*t how they want it done. But just be consistent in your posts and be free in terms of doing whatever you want to do, even if that's making a troll video just to generate views(like almost all of us has done a few times) gotta play the game to win, not be nice.(game=youtube in that sense)
 6 years ago '04        #11
Krypt 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,318 | Props total: 272 272
just be informative and non-stereotypical, and don't try to be funny!
 02-28-2012, 01:08 PM         #12
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Krypt said:
just be informative and
[spoiler - click to view]

and don't try to be funny!
welp i lost

Im like the most sterotypical n*gga

[pic - click to view]

and

[pic - click to view]

all rolled up to one big n*gga lol
 6 years ago '09        #13
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,415 | Props total: 10540 10540
Yo Andre, Are you gnarsplash? You sound JUST like him lmao.

[video - click to view]

02-28-2012, 01:17 PM         #14
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImAMonster said:
Yo Andre, Are you gnarsplash? You sound JUST like him lmao.

this is the type of commentator i hate
 6 years ago '09        #15
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,415 | Props total: 10540 10540
 Pierced Talentz said:
this is the type of commentator i hate
Dude's voice annoys the hell out of me and he runs one saying in the ground the entire time. I just worked on a commentary and listened to it myself (Won't be posting) but I sound like I could be a dope commentator, Just my Opinion. I'mma try to work on a nice gameplay tonight so I can hopefully have a commentary up tomorrow and get some feed from you guys.
 02-28-2012, 01:32 PM         #16
LakeHawks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jesszman does blogs....he is actually kinda good

i just do mine for sh*ts and giggles mostly when im bored

i woulda made a DC universe one but it kept laggin
 6 years ago '05        #17
space
space
 SOCIALITE said:
The one's I watch, I like the honesty factor. I feel like they keeping it real, not playin something they don't want to play just for views, not playing under certain settings just because it's cool. Not trying to sound like a professional, just laid back dudes basically sh*t talking while playing the game. I haven't released any videos yet, but my biggest issue comes in, I'm a lot better doing it live, but I don't have the luxury of being able to do it live, it's a lot less sh*t that comes to the mind recording your voice over your footage, than while you're actually wrapped up into the game.

But coming from a youtube partner(not to toot my own horn) just stick with it no matter what you're doing. People will leave negativity no matter what, it'll be a long process gaining a steady following, and then they will expect you to do sh*t how they want it done. But just be consistent in your posts and be free in terms of doing whatever you want to do, even if that's making a troll video just to generate views(like almost all of us has done a few times) gotta play the game to win, not be nice.(game=youtube in that sense)
Damn son... How much paper you racking in from your ad rev?

I know you arnt timothy delaghetto caking it traveling every 2 days to another land and shiit. But i know you gotta be making some gas money every month rite?

Also i got a partnetship invite on my youtube a while back for a wiz khalifa video i made. Excuse me i edited a video, i didnt make it.
 6 years ago '08        #18
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
Just be funny and entertaining. I think I could do it, my voice isn't annoying and I'm always going into hilarious rants when I play 2k. COuld of done it for 2k11 last year, although I would have to edit the parts where I threw my controller.
 6 years ago '05        #19
space
space
 YoungRay20 said:
Just be funny and entertaining. I think I could do it, my voice isn't annoying and I'm always going into hilarious rants when I play 2k. COuld of done it for 2k11 last year, although I would have to edit the parts where I threw my controller.
Yeah man i think ima be less reserved, and just do my commentary like im chillin wit my n*ggas. I dont want to sound all professional. Ima just be chill. Lets see how it goes.
 6 years ago '10        #20
ecomog 98 heat pts98
space
space
$3,206 | Props total: 395 395
n*gga got me wanting to try GW2 now
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy